Stats: 3,151,886 members, 7,814,003 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:06 AM

Lagos Ranked Second Worst Liveable City In The World - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Ranked Second Worst Liveable City In The World (33486 Views)

Voter Turnout: Nigeria Ranks World’s Second Worst Nation – Report / Flawed Reasons Why Lagos Is Ranked Second Most Unlivable City In The World / IMF Ranks Nigeria Second Worst In The World In Use Of Sovereign Wealth Fund (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Ranked Second Worst Liveable City In The World by Konjiboii: 8:17am On Jun 24, 2022
Lagos na hype but c'mon e no bad reach how them paint am jare.
Re: Lagos Ranked Second Worst Liveable City In The World by hush15: 8:19am On Jun 24, 2022
Hassanmaye:

Haha please don't paint Lagos bad the problem of Lagos is over population

What's really wrong with Lagos is the way it is governed. POLICIES AND DECISIONS, ESPECIALLY THE ONE ONES WITH FINANCIAL INCLINATIONS ARE NOT MADE IN THE BEST INTEREST OF THE STATE BUT IN THE BEST INTEREST OF GODFATHERS AND THEIR POLITICAL CLASS.

Re: Lagos Ranked Second Worst Liveable City In The World by oneeast: 8:20am On Jun 24, 2022
Onitsha is far better than Lagos. Lagos is the worst place to live

DiscoverID:
Please, what about Aba and onitsha? Those places that even pigs are protesting the conditions.
Re: Lagos Ranked Second Worst Liveable City In The World by Nobody: 8:23am On Jun 24, 2022
Where are those urchins bragging Tinubu has transformed Lagos to Dubai?
Re: Lagos Ranked Second Worst Liveable City In The World by Reference(m): 8:23am On Jun 24, 2022
That is why I finally quit two decades ago. But Abuja is fast catching up the unsavoury rankings as the city deteriorates by the year.

Re: Lagos Ranked Second Worst Liveable City In The World by Nobody: 8:24am On Jun 24, 2022
Splitmind:
Fake news by anti Tinubu people. Lagos is the best city in all of Africa, even better than useless cities like London and New York.

Lagos has a better transportation network, better services, more tourist centres and is cleaner than all those other places

All these people spreading fake news so Tinubu does not win the elections.

Hahahaha I saw what you did there
Re: Lagos Ranked Second Worst Liveable City In The World by Sonn(m): 8:24am On Jun 24, 2022
But they said TINUBU made Lagos the city in the world,
Anyway" i cannot castigate Lagos because a man does not call the tree that shelters him an evil forest..

Re: Lagos Ranked Second Worst Liveable City In The World by crackhouse(m): 8:26am On Jun 24, 2022
Hian! u mean the Tinubu's Lagos?
Re: Lagos Ranked Second Worst Liveable City In The World by jimyjames(m): 8:30am On Jun 24, 2022
DiscoverID:
Please, what about Aba and onitsha? Those places that even pigs are protesting the conditions.
It's a shame to turn around and ask about aba and Onitsha when Lagos fails woofly amongst her mates, aba and Onitsha were still thick forests when Lagos was already a city during colonial era , after all the attention Lagos got as capital of Nigeria for close to a century , it's still on the same level with aba and Onitsha

Re: Lagos Ranked Second Worst Liveable City In The World by Ajofiapero(m): 8:32am On Jun 24, 2022
Tinubu's Lagos full of touts and pickpockets. Welcome to Lagos is now a norm for JJC, if you know you know.
Re: Lagos Ranked Second Worst Liveable City In The World by shyshy1: 8:32am On Jun 24, 2022
Least liveable city in the world and USA is planning to build the biggest embassy in that same state.

How through is this story?
Re: Lagos Ranked Second Worst Liveable City In The World by Nobody: 8:32am On Jun 24, 2022
DiscoverID:

You cannot compare those cities with Lagos. Lagos is not in their class. It is incomparable. Lagos is the Economic Capital of West Africa.

Thank God Tinubu ruled Lagos and Lagos has been under the same party. Though Ambode brought Environmental Waste Management crisis which led to the collapse of drainage system, it is still good Lagos is under the same party.

The rating is only talking about Liveable Urban Cities. It is not talking about Best investment or Best Economic cities. When OBJ was in power, he said Lagos is a jungle. Only animals live in Jungle. Tinubu replied him. I have forgotten the reply. Later, he prayed to witness Lagos as the second economic city in Africa.

Lagos faced many problems. Firstly, it is a dumping ground of Nigeria. Secondly, Lagos has no control over immigrants. Thirdly, Lagos has no control over 85% of Taxes that should have come to the state pulse. Fourthly, Lagos has large population of ungrateful people .

Any motor park you go in Nigeria, morning and evening, it is Lagos Lagos Lagos. Thousands of vehicles enter day and night bringing people in and out. There is vehicular and human traffic and congestion. Lagos can only try to manage the situation.

Those people that came to Lagos in their thousands daily are the one complaining of Lagos. They have markets everywhere. Any government regulation, they cry victimization.

Re: Lagos Ranked Second Worst Liveable City In The World by beardedboy(m): 8:39am On Jun 24, 2022
DiscoverID:
Those ones didn't even make the list of world city.
Re: Lagos Ranked Second Worst Liveable City In The World by Nobody: 8:39am On Jun 24, 2022
Confirms what we already know, Lagos is a glorified slum, open the ports in Rivers, Akwaibom and Cross river and see whether those states wont develop like Lagos, Lagos needs decongestion.
Re: Lagos Ranked Second Worst Liveable City In The World by jeremiah0817(m): 8:39am On Jun 24, 2022
I wonder why people call Lagos no man's land...let dis people and their families with bad comments go back to their state or region then let see what will come out of our Lagos.......
Re: Lagos Ranked Second Worst Liveable City In The World by dannex4adx(m): 8:40am On Jun 24, 2022
EmekaBlue:
Eko oni baje o

Lagos the no man's land.

A choked up city for all

Omo ale ni e!
Re: Lagos Ranked Second Worst Liveable City In The World by Alawode01(m): 8:41am On Jun 24, 2022
Those ko meko, komona ile, can be saying anything they like, Eko koni baje, Eko federal, Eko aromi say legbelegbi, ero toun lo si Eko emu okan bale Tinubu ti so Eko di tuntun, ti oju kobati eyin igbeti, oju koniti Eko ile.

Re: Lagos Ranked Second Worst Liveable City In The World by vickydevoka(m): 8:45am On Jun 24, 2022
DiscoverID:
Lagos chok pass abeg
Re: Lagos Ranked Second Worst Liveable City In The World by Nobody: 8:46am On Jun 24, 2022
Chai! This is where I get my daily bread. I find this news hard to believe. This reference don spoil market for Tinubu.
Re: Lagos Ranked Second Worst Liveable City In The World by VirileNelly2420: 8:47am On Jun 24, 2022
DiscoverID:
Dey compare number one city in every country with their counterparts... Don't u get?

Lagos is number one in Nigeria, but ranks least wen compared with other top cities in Africa.

Re: Lagos Ranked Second Worst Liveable City In The World by nony43(m): 8:48am On Jun 24, 2022
sreamsense:
Parameters used for ranking are stated: social unrest, terrorism etc. , the ranking of Lagos is because of Nigeria unrest, but actually it is not Lagos that is really facing social unrest but effect of east and north. Rating Lagos known as least from Nigeria means other states from Nigeria in the east and north are worse off and deserve no mention. Hope there is no Ipob/esn member working as staff within the EIU because they can influence data because of election

Why do you think five most liveable cities in the world are all Christians dominated countries ? It is confirmation that Christian remains the most peaceful religion on planet Earth despite being most populous religion in the world and because that religion is minority in those states, otherwise, they won't be ranked most leviable be now.

Similar factor might have influenced ranking for Lagos which everybody in Nigeria can confidently vote as the least crime prone city in Nigeria. It is hard for someone to get away with crime in Lagos without being aprended despite it is six-times many other states in term of population in Nigeria

Abeg they didn’t use those indices what’s with North and East to Lagos. Even if they do blame it Buhari for been daft and not knowing how to manage the country security and he called himself a retired General.
Re: Lagos Ranked Second Worst Liveable City In The World by Johel(m): 8:49am On Jun 24, 2022
ObidientFC:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/06/lagos-ranked-second-worst-liveable-city-in-world/

Lol...Na state wey Una Tinubu dey control o grin grin.. Tinubu will therefore make Nigeria the worst country in the world if he ever sits on that presidential seat...Tinubu will be there to milk the nation dry so he can reach god status...But Na God go punish am Las Las.
Re: Lagos Ranked Second Worst Liveable City In The World by Johel(m): 8:53am On Jun 24, 2022
DiscoverID:

Unfortunately What you wanted to see wasn't there...I guess you must be part of Tinubu's Dog....Cry more tho.
Re: Lagos Ranked Second Worst Liveable City In The World by Nex12: 8:57am On Jun 24, 2022
Vote Peter Obi - labour party.
Re: Lagos Ranked Second Worst Liveable City In The World by Nobody: 9:01am On Jun 24, 2022
Why won't Lagos be the world's second worst city to live in when a certain criminal has stood on its neck since 1999?!

To put this disgrace in proper perspective, it means that worn torn cities like Tripoli, Mogadishu, Juba, Khartoum etc are all better than living in Lagos!

How on Earth would Lagos be the worst city in Africa if Tinubu hasn't stolen the resources that would have been used in providing pipe borne water, good roads, refuse disposal, good housing etc?!

We are talking about the 5th biggest economy in Africa!!!

I moved to Lagos in 2012 and paid for 2 years rent but when I realized the city was hell on earth, I sub-leted my house and told my landlord I was going for my masters and my friend will be living there until I return. In order not to make him understand I was living for good, I decided to sell my properties to the guy I sub-leted it to and relocated in 2013.

For God's sake, people in Lagos are suffering terribly and listed below are the factors causing it:

Lack of Pipe borne water; in this era, 2022, Lagos does not have pipe borne water available and when you sink your own borehole, all you will be getting is undrinkable salty hard water. Just two or three bullion vans of money is enough to solve this problem! But no, a wicked godfather would rather embezzle the money and be throwing it around like a drunken sailor.

Bad Roads; You can't drive on the roads without being at the mercy of hoodlums harrassing you about, and to think they were set up by the government makes it the more shameful.

Traffic Congestion; former governor of Lagos State, Lateef Jakande understood this problem and decided to build a metro system before Buhari government frustrated him. One would have expected that Tinubu would have concentrated his effort towards solving this problem but no, he refused. Even the attempt made by Fashola to build a metro has been stalled since due to massive corruption. Lagos State has spent more money on this project than was spent in Addis Ababa yet that Ethiopian city now has a functioning metro today but that of Lagos is no where!! Many Lagosians now spend more time in traffic than they spend at home. Some would leave their house as early as 4am only to return at midnight everyday!!

It is the same rot in virtually every segment of the city. Many live in rundown apartments, refuse disposal is horrible, government schools still have dilapidated structures etc. Yet businesses are taxed to death annually and hundreds of billions earned only for one wicked and extremely corrupt old man to pocket it and share some among his cronies.

If you're living in Lagos and you're suffering all these yet you decide to vote the same wicked man responsible for your suffering, then you're doing yourself! Lagos has enough money to make you live more comfortable lives if only it is properly managed.

Now is the time to save yourself and future generations from these crimes against humanity!

Re: Lagos Ranked Second Worst Liveable City In The World by Limassol(m): 9:01am On Jun 24, 2022
shyshy1:
Least liveable city in the world and USA is planning to build the biggest embassy in that same state.

How through is this story?
Consulate not embassy. And bigger dosen't hold much strategic value, the US biggest embassy in Baghdad is more than 10 times larger than that of London, despite the UK being its closest ally in the world. Besides, the criterias used in ranking these cities ( stability,healthcare,culture,infrastructure,culture) may not directly affect this consulate. Lastly, the EIU rankings is a reliable way to know how cities globally are faring, unfortunately, our own Lagos is doing doing pretty awful in all of the aforementioned aspects of what makes a city livable. You understand?
Re: Lagos Ranked Second Worst Liveable City In The World by Mayeldah(m): 9:03am On Jun 24, 2022
hisexcellency34:
We like am like that. Still better than New York where everyone carry guns about

Have you ever travelled out of Nigeria to see what other cities and countries looks like?

Local champion!!!

Even Calabar and Uyo seems cleaner and better than your revered Lagos
Re: Lagos Ranked Second Worst Liveable City In The World by anthony533(m): 9:05am On Jun 24, 2022
Each time I wake up I keep seeing reason I should relocate from Lagos.

Almost everyone living in Lagos is not normal..

From Tout wahala to Omonile... couple with everyday traffic jam..

Most people driving on Lagos have some mental problem...those who own their car can testify to what I'm saying in Lagos road..

Tout too much here and mad traffic...

This place is only for the insane young men.
Re: Lagos Ranked Second Worst Liveable City In The World by sundayoluwatimi(m): 9:05am On Jun 24, 2022
The other Nigerian cities that didn't make the list are not supposed to be lived in then if Lagos is the second worst in the world to inhabit.
Re: Lagos Ranked Second Worst Liveable City In The World by OniyideAmplify(m): 9:10am On Jun 24, 2022
Crixxx:
Isn't this the state tinubu governed, the paradise on earth abi my eye Dy pain me.
I thought Lagos was better than USA Dubai Canada etc. It is the paradise of afonjas, the state every white man needs to come and learn from. Every idiot from remote villages in ekiti, osun etc wants to come and claim lagos. grin

Lagos is a mega city but when you place it side by side with other megacities around the world, you will weep upon all the money and project the federal government dump into the state every minute.

Na either my state or outside. No other state is
worth it .
Hey man, you getting it wrong mehn.. You just called Lasgidi the afonjas paradise? You can ask that ur brother in Onitsha whether he will like to come to Lagos or remain for una side and hear what he's gonna say. The same Lagos that 90% of una relatives wan come make a better life is the one you are here calling all sort of names.
You guys too get bad mouth tbh, I wonder how ur behavior is gonna look like by the time your Obi become the president.
Re: Lagos Ranked Second Worst Liveable City In The World by Tosin9119: 9:16am On Jun 24, 2022
They are right. Lagos is very stressful to live in. Going to work everyday is like going to the battle field. The traffic on that Ajah to V.G.C road can make a sane person become insane, and that's where I ply through everyday to work. The 'Owo mi da' people are thorn in the flesh of bus drivers. They are ready to frustrate both the passengers and the drivers, as they have no where they are going to.
The insecurity too is another thing again. If you are not vigilant enough or you loose guard, sorry will be your name.
Sigh!!

Re: Lagos Ranked Second Worst Liveable City In The World by Mfetenang: 9:20am On Jun 24, 2022
ariesbull:
in what aspect

In terms of planning and liveability Lagos is trash... I live in Lagos
In terms of sanity Lagos is trash
In terms of access to good life Lagos is trash

This ain't about igbo and Yoruba before you will bring up tribal sentiments... Lagos is oké huge slum and the oyibo put an same as ibadan

It is shameful....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Buhari Set Implement Dress Code For Journalists Covering Villa- NigerianTimes.ng / IBB Speaks To THISDAY, Affirms Statement - Thisday / Abdullahi Abbas: Kano Supplementary Election Is “Do Or Die” – APC Chairman