Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,071 members, 7,835,607 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:27 PM

Lagos Ranked Second Worst Liveable City In The World - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Ranked Second Worst Liveable City In The World (33546 Views)

Voter Turnout: Nigeria Ranks World’s Second Worst Nation – Report / Flawed Reasons Why Lagos Is Ranked Second Most Unlivable City In The World / IMF Ranks Nigeria Second Worst In The World In Use Of Sovereign Wealth Fund (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Ranked Second Worst Liveable City In The World by FuckAllTheMODs: 9:20am On Jun 24, 2022
Splitmind:
Fake news by anti Tinubu people. Lagos is the best city in all of Africa, even better than useless cities like London and New York.

Lagos has a better transportation network, better services, more tourist centres and is cleaner than all those other places

All these people spreading fake news so Tinubu does not win the elections.

LOL, is this suppose to be a sarcasm or you're actually being serious?
Re: Lagos Ranked Second Worst Liveable City In The World by Mfetenang: 9:20am On Jun 24, 2022
S
Re: Lagos Ranked Second Worst Liveable City In The World by Nobody: 9:22am On Jun 24, 2022
Amojii:
Where are those urchins bragging Tinubu has transformed Lagos to Dubai?

I think it is illiteracy and bitterness that is blindfolding all of you. The rating is talking about liveable urban cities. Is it talking about economic hub cities? Those people that are economic refugees in Lagos are the ones complaining here.

Obasanjo as a President while Tinubu was a governor called Lagos a Concrete Jungle. His statement is copied below.

President Olusegun Obasanjo disdainfully described Lagos as a “concrete jungle.”

Obasanjo said Lagos (with its chaos of ill-maintained roads, snarling traffic, urban slum, inadequacy of pipe-borne water, mammoth trash, clogged drainages, flood, and crimes) is unfit for sane people to live in.

That was after Abacha abandoned Lagos for years of ruins. Many organizations and individuals relocated out of Lagos.

Thank God, Tinubu ruled Lagos. VI and Lekki would have gone by now and Lagos would have been in the dustbin of history.

It is a population explosion that led to vehicular and human traffic. Lagos is a dumping ground of Nigeria. Lagos has no control over immigrants (economic refugees) and many other things.

The economic refugees are afraid of government regulations that would bring sanity to Lagos that is why they are fighting the battle of their life against 2023.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Ranked Second Worst Liveable City In The World by Bluntemperor: 9:28am On Jun 24, 2022
9gerian:
Electricity most likely undermines Lagos and other cities in Nigeria significantly. This unfortunately impacts other factors including standard of living and quality of life. Things like infrastructure, healthcare and other parameters would be significantly impacted too.

This same Lagos is the small London in Nigeria, having the best outlook in terms of security- bad as it is.

Speechless…

We are proud Lagosians!
There is no Nation or City in the World without her problems and that is why we would continue to engage the government in power to do more and do the right things for the Masses! Urgency is needed in today's governance.
- Government should take Daily and Monthly Statistics of the sorroundings of what is needed and take Actions to Improve the lives of the People!
- The upsurge in the Population in Lagos is unprecedented,due to the perceived or believed that money grow on the Street of Lagos ,meaning more amenities are required to meet their needs!
The same pressure is on London,New York,etc.
- Amenities like good roads, cheap housing facilities,easy transportation,Inter- Train movement and Water System could reduced the pressure and increased the Citizens lifespans and the GDP.
-Kudos to the Lagos State government efforts but there are rooms for improvement!
Re: Lagos Ranked Second Worst Liveable City In The World by Nobody: 9:31am On Jun 24, 2022
DiscoverID:
Please, what about Aba and onitsha? Those places that even pigs are protesting the conditions.
Aba and Onitsha is far more better than Lagos. If not because of foreigners and Big businessmen and big names there lagos would have been worst than Aba and Onitsha.whats the big deal.
Re: Lagos Ranked Second Worst Liveable City In The World by swissgoldenpro2: 9:33am On Jun 24, 2022
Okay we have heard
Re: Lagos Ranked Second Worst Liveable City In The World by FuckAllTheMODs: 9:35am On Jun 24, 2022
Some people will still make this a political and tribal issues but they are wrong.

Ifbi can making my point using the island part, that means the mainland area is something else.
Go to mile 2, you will see what dirtiness, lack of coordination etc are all about.

Lagos lacks so many things that makes a city mega city, from ease of transportation to lack of serene environment to cleanliness to security to clean water.

For proper, better and real life understanding.

Drive from Ajah through VGC, VI, Thirdmainland, Bariga-Gbagada, Oshodi, head to toll gate, Berger and then that bridge that serves as boundary between Lagos and Ogun state. Please do this with your windows open and you will understand better the moment you cross that bridge.
Let me just mention one thing that you will notice well aside others, and that thing is change in the breeze/air/atmosphere.

Note: I mentioned both the so-called good areas and the rough areas.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Ranked Second Worst Liveable City In The World by tegrianonigltd(m): 9:47am On Jun 24, 2022
DiscoverID:
Please, what about Aba and onitsha? Those places that even pigs are protesting the conditions.

Lagos fifth largest economy in africa. Deserve to be more than Johannesburg, Cairo, paris etc
Re: Lagos Ranked Second Worst Liveable City In The World by Nobody: 9:49am On Jun 24, 2022
babaolofin:

I think it is illiteracy and bitterness that is blindfolding all of you. The rating is talking about liveable urban cities. Is it talking about economic hub cities? Those people that are economic refugees in Lagos are the ones complaining here.

Obasanjo as a President while Tinubu was a governor called Lagos a Concrete Jungle. His statement is copied below.

President Olusegun Obasanjo disdainfully described Lagos as a “concrete jungle.”

Obasanjo said Lagos (with its chaos of ill-maintained roads, snarling traffic, urban slum, inadequacy of pipe-borne water, mammoth trash, clogged drainages, flood, and crimes) is unfit for sane people to live in.

That was after Abacha abandoned Lagos for years of ruins. Many organizations and individuals relocated out of Lagos.

Thank God, Tinubu ruled Lagos. VI and Lekki would have gone by now and Lagos would have been in the dustbin of history.

It is a population explosion that led to vehicular and human traffic. Lagos is a dumping ground of Nigeria. Lagos has no control over immigrants (economic refugees) and many other things.

The economic refugees are afraid of government regulations that would bring sanity to Lagos that is why they are fighting the battle of their life against 2023.

What's this one saying?

With all this epistle you end up making no sense,
The fact still remains Lagos is an Overrated city very unsafe for animals take less of humans,
It has just been confirmed,

Ode.
Re: Lagos Ranked Second Worst Liveable City In The World by kingjiss: 9:51am On Jun 24, 2022
twilliamx:

Go and live in anambra were. Make them use ur intenstines do assorted pepper soup and use ur head play ball like your house of reps members.awon olofo

When you idiots where closing down sea port and air port because of your tribes selfishness

Everybody will come to Lagos and destroy Lagos

Mumu
Re: Lagos Ranked Second Worst Liveable City In The World by KanwuliaExtra: 9:55am On Jun 24, 2022
EjehDtiger:

No matter how unleaveable Lagos is, it is Better than your state, my state, our states.

Some swamps are better than others ke.
All get crocodile abi? grin
Shyte hole with “elevator”!

He he he
Re: Lagos Ranked Second Worst Liveable City In The World by Truvelisback(m): 9:56am On Jun 24, 2022
I guess they mean a Leaveable City. A City that rentage of a house is very, very expensive and the Cost of living is damn hard. Is that one a liveable city?
Re: Lagos Ranked Second Worst Liveable City In The World by Daybor25(m): 9:57am On Jun 24, 2022
Whatever modality been used here as index is totally wrong, you can't compare Lagos with Tripoli or Damascus.
Re: Lagos Ranked Second Worst Liveable City In The World by Aystarz: 10:03am On Jun 24, 2022
Deborah98:
I had wanted traveling to Lagos last year but miraculously it didn't click. Now I sit back and ask myself was I really the one pushing myself to make those moves back then? I can't cope in Lagos.. they'll choke the small life I'm managing Biko sad
grin

This is hilarious.
Congrats bro. This place reduces anyone's life expectancy by at least 10 years.
And that ain't no hyperbole!
Re: Lagos Ranked Second Worst Liveable City In The World by FORWARDEVERLY: 10:10am On Jun 24, 2022
Algiers in Algeria which is their capital city in the list ??

Nonsense list..

1 Like

Re: Lagos Ranked Second Worst Liveable City In The World by Aystarz: 10:10am On Jun 24, 2022
TOPCRUISE:
Eko o ni Bajé o is becoming a mirage under Sanwoolu

It's always been. Eko to ti baje since the days of Tinubu as Governor.
Re: Lagos Ranked Second Worst Liveable City In The World by IvarDboneless: 10:21am On Jun 24, 2022
U kidding me of CU's it is
Re: Lagos Ranked Second Worst Liveable City In The World by lugado: 10:25am On Jun 24, 2022
Politicians get money sha
Dem go even pay for fake statistics.
A year to election is the most fruitful year in Nigeria
Re: Lagos Ranked Second Worst Liveable City In The World by lugado: 10:29am On Jun 24, 2022
Amojii:

What's this one saying?

With all this epistle you end up making no sense,
The fact still remains Lagos is an Overrated city very unsafe for animals take less of humans,
It has just been confirmed,

Ode.

And yet people are dying in north, east and south west everyday unlike Lagos
Over 300,000 people move in and out of Lagos everyday
And yet it still has the lowest crime levels and you still insult the government
Re: Lagos Ranked Second Worst Liveable City In The World by Enumerator(m): 10:41am On Jun 24, 2022
I tell you!
Enwhen:

Lagos life , half life
Re: Lagos Ranked Second Worst Liveable City In The World by Enumerator(m): 10:42am On Jun 24, 2022
I tell you
Deborah98:
I had wanted traveling to Lagos last year but miraculously it didn't click. Now I sit back and ask myself was I really the one pushing myself to make those moves back then? I can't cope in Lagos.. they'll choke the small life I'm managing Biko sad
Re: Lagos Ranked Second Worst Liveable City In The World by Enumerator(m): 10:43am On Jun 24, 2022
cheesy
Crixxx:

Urchins and their forefathers will be the only ones to vote him.
Re: Lagos Ranked Second Worst Liveable City In The World by twilliamx(m): 10:46am On Jun 24, 2022
kingjiss:

When you idiots where closing down sea port and air port because of your tribes selfishness

Everybody will come to Lagos and destroy Lagos

Mumu

Lmao...you landlocked mfs they complain about sea port. Why your hero the ineffectual buffoon no open am. Anuofia
Re: Lagos Ranked Second Worst Liveable City In The World by Efeboyi: 11:08am On Jun 24, 2022
OgunLaakaye:

Delta was a beautiful place with milk and honey!

But just like what is happening in Biafra today, the populace encouraged what destroyed Delta!

I remember those years when on oil companies had their operations HQ in Delta!

All moved to Rivers when the heat was unbearable!

And what's left of Delta today? NOTHING!

State can only boast of the worst Governor in Nigeria

It pains me truly
Absolutely nothing left
Re: Lagos Ranked Second Worst Liveable City In The World by 1F30M4(f): 11:18am On Jun 24, 2022
Eish! Nigeria's best city indeed.
Re: Lagos Ranked Second Worst Liveable City In The World by lereinter(m): 11:28am On Jun 24, 2022
Re: Lagos Ranked Second Worst Liveable City In The World by Playermayweda(m): 11:38am On Jun 24, 2022
"But Tinubu maDe LAgOs", some illiterates go dey talk nonsense.
Re: Lagos Ranked Second Worst Liveable City In The World by tarantino1: 11:46am On Jun 24, 2022
Assetinvestor:
Why won't Lagos be the world's second worst city to live in when a certain criminal has stood on its neck since 1999?!

To put this disgrace in proper perspective, it means that worn torn cities like Tripoli, Mogadishu, Juba, Khartoum etc are all better than living in Lagos!

How on Earth would Lagos be the worst city in Africa if Tinubu hasn't stolen the resources that would have been used in providing pipe borne water, good roads, refuse disposal, good housing etc?!

We are talking about the 5th biggest economy in Africa!!!

I moved to Lagos in 2012 and paid for 2 years rent but when I realized the city was hell on earth, I sub-leted my house and told my landlord I was going for my masters and my friend will be living there until I return. In order not to make him understand I was living for good, I decided to sell my properties to the guy I sub-leted it to and relocated in 2013.

For God's sake, people in Lagos are suffering terribly and listed below are the factors causing it:

Lack of Pipe borne water; in this era, 2022, Lagos does not have pipe borne water available and when you sink your own borehole, all you will be getting is undrinkable salty hard water. Just two or three bullion vans of money is enough to solve this problem! But no, a wicked godfather would rather embezzle the money and be throwing it around like a drunken sailor.

Bad Roads; You can't drive on the roads without being at the mercy of hoodlums harrassing you about, and to think they were set up by the government makes it the more shameful.

Traffic Congestion; former governor of Lagos State, Lateef Jakande understood this problem and decided to build a metro system before Buhari government frustrated him. One would have expected that Tinubu would have concentrated his effort towards solving this problem but no, he refused. Even the attempt made by Fashola to build a metro has been stalled since due to massive corruption. Lagos State has spent more money on this project than was spent in Addis Ababa yet that Ethiopian city now has a functioning metro today but that of Lagos is no where!! Many Lagosians now spend more time in traffic than they spend at home. Some would leave their house as early as 4am only to return at midnight everyday!!

It is the same rot in virtually every segment of the city. Many live in rundown apartments, refuse disposal is horrible, government schools still have dilapidated structures etc. Yet businesses are taxed to death annually and hundreds of billions earned only for one wicked and extremely corrupt old man to pocket it and share some among his cronies.

If you're living in Lagos and you're suffering all these yet you decide to vote the same wicked man responsible for your suffering, then you're doing yourself! Lagos has enough money to make you live more comfortable lives if only it is properly managed.

Now is the time to save yourself and future generations from these crimes against humanity!

Apt
Re: Lagos Ranked Second Worst Liveable City In The World by Splitmind: 11:51am On Jun 24, 2022
FuckAllTheMODs:

LOL, is this suppose to be a sarcasm or you're actually being serious?

Travel and see that Lagos is one of the best cities you can live in.
Re: Lagos Ranked Second Worst Liveable City In The World by Splitmind: 11:51am On Jun 24, 2022
laladre:

Abi Oloriburuku ni e ni, abeg shut that shalanga you call a mouth, if you no want the wrought of Ogun to befall you this morning.

Wrought iron undecided
Re: Lagos Ranked Second Worst Liveable City In The World by gurusnizkid23: 11:52am On Jun 24, 2022
Pls my brother n sisters,it's me igolaff I need your vote as the best comedian of the year,pls vote and share it on your status n group thanks,God bless you
https://muchmore9ja.com/ncyawards2/
Re: Lagos Ranked Second Worst Liveable City In The World by PARADIZEPRIEST: 12:00pm On Jun 24, 2022
Na lie lie.Eko sweet welle welle, from osborne to banana island ,lekki phase1 and mainland life sweet.Oyibo no sabi lagos

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

20 UK Properties Linked To Tinubu & His Associates - Premium Times / Buhari: "I'm Grateful To Nigerians For Wishing Me Good Health" / Senator Barau Jibrin Son To Marry Aliyu Sani Madaki's Daughter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.