Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,498 members, 7,812,539 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:01 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 - Travel (182) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 (675901 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (179) (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) ... (528) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Nozino: 10:01pm On Jan 05, 2023
Fawaz12345:

Thanks for your advice i really appreciate ,next step now is to write SAT for applying to a good university not community college. Meanwhile how do i add my previous canadian student visa refusals is it in the Ds-160 or when it’s time to go for interview i’ll inform the VO?

I don’t believe all schools require SATs especially if you aren’t looking for scholarships.

I believe there’s a place to declare visa refusals on the DS160.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by BigIyanga: 11:53pm On Jan 05, 2023
Somatohadidas:

Pay for SEVIS before handing out the I-20?

Who would require that?

As far as I know, proof of funding (assistantship/fellowship/statement of account/how he/she is goingto fund the study) is the only thing that would be required in order to release the I-20.
Yes some universities require u to do that.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by BigIyanga: 11:56pm On Jan 05, 2023
Fawaz12345:

Thanks for your response, my brother and sister didn’t go to the Community College Route they both went to a proper university
Follow who sabi rd. Do as your sis and bro did. Apply to a 4-yr colllege asap.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Somatohadidas(m): 12:12am On Jan 06, 2023
BigIyanga:

Yes some universities require u to do that.

Ok.

But how do you generate the SEVIS coupon without the SEVIS ID (usually found on the I-20)?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by vicdom(m): 1:04am On Jan 06, 2023
Unlimitedojay:
Hello Nairalander, my sister has HND in dental therapy and came out with upper credit with cpga 3.51 which possible course can she pick if she want to go to USA and the process of sending her transcripts to WES and then they said she will do exam GRE , like how much will it cost to do masters in USA and other processing thank you
I don't get it! Does WES now request for GRE before they can evaluate your HND credential?? Because I did WES evaluation for my HND and they never demanded I should take GRE exam.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Fawaz12345: 1:28am On Jan 06, 2023
Please can i say i’m going to live with my brother in USA ? is that a red flag?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by chibertha(f): 1:38am On Jan 06, 2023
Not possible.
Without I-20 no SEVIS number
Without SEVIS no. they can not pay SEVIS fees
BigIyanga:

They may require you to pay for Sevis before sending form I-20.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by chibertha(f): 1:41am On Jan 06, 2023
Does your "sister" have a smart phone and has Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and or TikTok account
If yes then both of you should ask Google these questions.
Unlimitedojay:
Hello Nairalander, my sister has HND in dental therapy and came out with upper credit with cpga 3.51 which possible course can she pick if she want to go to USA and the process of sending her transcripts to WES and then they said she will do exam GRE , like how much will it cost to do masters in USA and other processing thank you

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Somatohadidas(m): 2:05am On Jan 06, 2023
chibertha:
Not possible.
Without I-20 no SEVIS number
Without SEVIS no. they can not pay SEVIS fees
[
quote author=BigIyanga post=119741216]
They may require you to pay for Sevis before sending form I-20.

Just leave him/her be.

Was it not here I saw someone without admission giving Visa interview advice?

Very confident ignorant (pay SEVIS before getting I-20 ��)

Let him/her continue to yarn dust.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Darhny: 2:54am On Jan 06, 2023
Good morning guys,
I’m going for a 2 year masters program, I’ve enough funding for the first year, but not much for the second year. Will this be affect my visa application?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by TWoods(m): 4:30am On Jan 06, 2023
Darhny:
Good morning guys,
I’m going for a 2 year masters program, I’ve enough funding for the first year, but not much for the second year. Will this be affect my visa application?

How do you plan to fund your second year?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Chi000056: 8:06am On Jan 06, 2023
Hello NL,

I was denied my F1 visa application on the 5 th January 2023, orientation 10th January

VO was a calm young lady who didn’t ask more questions nor look the candidates in the face . I was exhausted because I was in line since 7am and this was around 12pm

Me: Good morning
VO: gm…. Pass your documents please

VO: who is your sponsor?
Me: my fiance

VO: How long have you been engaged?
Me:7 months… but we have been dating for 4 years

VO:What does he do
Me:He is a software engineer at Chevron

VO:Why did you choose your school?
Me:A friend of mine who has a masters degree from this university recommended it to me and they are also very accommodating to international students

VO:Have you been outside the country before?
Me:Yes, 3 countries (I named them including the US)

VO:What do you do?
I’m a medical doctor

VO: ( looks up from typing) so why do you choose to do masters?
Me:I would not like to work as a clinician and I would like to get into another career path but this program would help me to still be in service in the healthcare …
(I admit I was exhausted and this answer would not have been my best option in a different situation)

She then passed me the blue paper stating I didn’t qualify for a student visa.

I would appreciate any feedback back and would like to know if two weeks is too soon to reapply as I would be married by then . Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by AlphaLady(f): 9:13am On Jan 06, 2023
Hello everyone,

So I have a couple of questions I’d like to ask.
My old passport expires in February but I have applied for a renewal. Can I use my old data page to fill out the page and then update to the new data page later on??

Secondly, I was told I can apply now so as to get a date but I haven’t gotten my I-20. Is it possible to apply for a visa date now without getting the I-20? I’m expecting my I-20 by March and school resumes in August.

Thank you as I await a response.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by hammed71(m): 9:28am On Jan 06, 2023
good morning guys can I still apply for may intake or I should just focus on fall
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by SIMPLIFIED(m): 9:37am On Jan 06, 2023
Capitalbase:

Thanks for your response bro.
Course is Biomedical science (PhD)

Thanks again
Missouri Columbia has sent out interview invites and rejection for the Ph.D. Biosciences. I and someone else I know got rejection mail on the 4th. it was in my promotions folder in Gmail. search your mail well if it is Missouri Columbia
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by itoski(m): 10:57am On Jan 06, 2023
Chi000056:
Hello NL,

I was denied my F1 visa application on the 5 th January 2023, orientation 10th January

VO was a calm young lady who didn’t ask more questions nor look the candidates in the face . I was exhausted because I was in line since 7am and this was around 12pm

Me:A friend of mine who has a masters degree from this university recommended it to me and they are also very accommodating to international students

I’m a medical doctor

Me:I would not like to work as a clinician and I would like to get into another career path but this program would help me to still be in service in the healthcare …
(I admit I was exhausted and this answer would not have been my best option in a different situation)

I would appreciate any feedback back and would like to know if two weeks is too soon to reapply as I would be married by then . Thanks

You weren't convincing enough. You have a good profile. Try harder next time!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by infosoftlife: 11:07am On Jan 06, 2023
Chi000056:
Hello NL,

I’m a medical doctor

Common, I believe you wrote your SOP yourself, and the reason you gave on your SOP would have been your best response to why you are pursuing a Master's degree now. Also, there is no strong tie between you and your sponsor. What happens if when you travel abroad, he gets married, that means you will be left stranded As a doctor you should be earning well and have good savings, add that to how you intend to fund your studies.
You can reapply after your marriage but I would advise you to defer your admission to Fall intake.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by chibertha(f): 1:08pm On Jan 06, 2023
I think your sponsor is the issue and your last response added more salt to the injury.

Chi000056:
Hello NL,

I’m a medical doctor

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by NightCyrax: 1:12pm On Jan 06, 2023
seribroo56:
Good evening all, please I will need your advice on the following,

1. I got 147/152 GRE score and also finished with a second class lower (2.63). How fisible is gaining admission to the United States. (Scholarship if possible)

2. What are the process to applying and do can I pay the application fee with a naira master/verve card.

I would really appreciate if this question are answered,thank you all.

Hi, what's your discipline?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by NightCyrax: 1:32pm On Jan 06, 2023
rextonMD:
My Transcript!!!
29th December 2023
First Attempt
COURSE: Nursing
COA: 33,000
FUNDING: NIL
SCHOOL: Houston Comm College
Lagos Consulate
Window 3 (middle-aged woman with beautiful green eyes like mine)

VO: Next person, please, after denying 5 people who went to her.
Me: Good morning officer, how was your Yuletide break.

VO: Blank stare without response.
VO: Pass me your documents
Me: Passed them with my study leave letter

Looks at study leave, types into her system and faces me.

VO: You have lovely eyes
Me: Thank you officer

VO: So why are you going to this school?
Me: Officer, please I'd like to make a few remarks before we begin.

VO: Don't make any remarks, I'll be the one asking the questions, all you need to do is answer.
Me: Okay officer, that's fine (frowning)

VO: So why are you going to this college?
Me: I'm aware I have quite a bit of an unusual situation, i'm going for a degree in nursing even tho I already have a bachelors degree, but I'm going for this program in this College to get some really specific knowledge and hands-on practical training that I can't get here in Nigeria to enable me transfer to the University of Houston for a Professional Dual Masters degree in Public Health Nursing with a concentration in Epidemiology, I have full funding from the school but will need to meet some requirements before I can transfer.

VO: Ohh you have an admission from the UofH
Me: Yes officer, I do?

VO: How did you hear about this school?
Me: My ex supervisor at the WHO recommended the school to me as he is an Alumna of the school.

VO: So how many schools did you apply to?
Me: I applied to 3 schools (mentions them), but I chose this college because they accepted to waive courses I had taken in my undergraduate degree program, and I was directly admitted into the Nursing program, this translates into completing the program in a shorter time.

VO: What do you currently do for work?
Me: I currently work with the WHO and National Hospital in Abuja as a Medical Officer, where alongside my colleagues, we provide holistic and therapeutic care and management to cancer patients, sickle cell disease patients and Haemophilia patients. As a rep from the WHO, I collaborate with UNICEF and USAIDS and UKAIDS to collate and analyze data of individuals from underrepresented communities and IDP camps across Nigeria and West Africa especially victims of Endemic diseases like HIV/AIDS, Malaria, Typhoid, and Hepatitis as well as victims of gender abuse and domestic violence, where we set up point referral systems to mapped out facilities to access health care (Cuts in), she was looking at my DS while I spoke.

VO: So how will you be covering this deficit.
Me: My father was required to demonstrate his ability to fund my studies before my I20 was issued, he's a medical doctor who lives in his own house and has a medical facility here in lagos, like me he also works with the WHO. He's also a serial entrepreneur and owns xyz investment limited, with my mum as the company's director, it's more of a family business. I'm not quite sure how many workers they have at the company but I think about 22 as the company is fully automated and don't require so many workers. Combined, they make an annual income of 310million, I'm not sure if this is the revenue every year but for their last Fiscal Year they made this amount. I also have a study leave that provides me 65% of my...(cuts me).

VO: Whats your post study plan?
Me: I completely blanked out, i mean we kept looking at each other for over 20 or so seconds (at this point i just kept praying in my mind).

VO: What will this program do for you?
ME: Well quite a lot, first I'll be coming back to Nigeria to work as a Clinical Associate with the WHO and USAID, this position will see me jump on-board the ongoing Typhoid vaccine introduction in Nigeria, we're currently at the data gathering stage of the project to assess and analyze the burden of the disease in Nigeria. Furthermore, this career path for me is a double edged sword as I could decide to focus either on Public Health challenges or on health care delivery systems bordering around Nursing or even both. This path also projects me towards managing my father's medical facility in future should he retire.

VO: Looking into my eyes, so you speak all these languages, thats a lot (smiling)?
Me: Yes officer I do (smiling back)?

VO: Avez-vous trouvé une petite amie ivoirienne en Côte d'Ivoire (smiling)?
Me: Je l'ai fait, mais elle s'est mariée avec quelqu'un d'autre à cause de la distance (laughing)

VO: You also seem to have a very nice LinkedIn profile and online presence (looking at her screen), I'll be approving your visa, take this white paper, it'll show you how to get your passport.
Me: Merci beaucoup mademoiselle, bonne fin de journée

VO: Au revoir.

I've been a silent member on this forum, but, many thanks to every single person who contributed to my success, God bless you guys abundantly. And I sincerely hope those awaiting a decision on their application, get a favourable response.

God! I love this! Congratulations.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Nozino: 1:37pm On Jan 06, 2023
SIMPLIFIED:
Missouri Columbia has sent out interview invites and rejection for the Ph.D. Biosciences. I and someone else I know got rejection mail on the 4th. it was in my promotions folder in Gmail. search your mail well if it is Missouri Columbia

Hello sir. Good afternoon, please I have been meaning to ask. Why is the field of Biological science so competitive in the US? It isn’t like that in other countries.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by NightCyrax: 1:38pm On Jan 06, 2023
Shagbatshagba:
I have an issue here.
I just got my international passport but truth be told i don’t have the money to travel out but i just have it incase. The issue i have is that how can i study abroad(west)? i dont really understand it...is it by scholarship or self funded and please what is the cost?
Also, which country suit my preferred course of study for my msc(literature)and at the same time can allow me to work as a student. I tried switzerland and austriala but my research say they are very expensive to live in...
please i need someone to give me a detailed explanation.God bless and happy new year.Less i forget, i attended an affiliated institution so am currently in nysc about to round up sha. We were only given statement of result. I do hear of needing transcripts to travel, please how can i get mine? and what other document should be required of me?

Welcome on board, my fellow literatus

Have you begun applying already? I have a few recommendations but their priority deadlines have passed or are passing already. What's your specialization?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by NightCyrax: 1:55pm On Jan 06, 2023
MrKong:
Please does anyone know how I can obtain a Police Clearance Certificate in Ilorin?

Thank you

I HEARD it is easy to obtain at A-Division, Ilorin. That one at Unity Roundabout, before UBA Bank.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by NightCyrax: 2:03pm On Jan 06, 2023
Spanishmilf:
grin crazy how you can spot erros in her transcript but you can’t sit your ass down and find schools yourself
You still can’t comprehend what twood is telling you

Swears!! I was waiting for this answer and didn't get disappointed... grin grin
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by NightCyrax: 2:12pm On Jan 06, 2023
EstherOA:
Visa Denied
Today January 4th,2023.
COA: $21,012
Scholarship: $3,000
MBA management

VO: Goodmorning
Me: Goodmorning. Happy new year.

On my I-20 the school stated I am required to come for orientation by 7th.
Since visa processing would take more than that, I believe that's what gave me this refusal. They probably concluded I won't meet up as the school required.

Kindly give in your feedbacks. Thanks

I am so sorry for this. You have a nice profile, honestly. It shows you prepared well and knew your onion. Don't be swayed. You're surely getting it in your next attempt.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by AlphaLady(f): 3:24pm On Jan 06, 2023
Please I need a response on this. Somebody? Anybody??
AlphaLady:
Hello everyone,

So I have a couple of questions I’d like to ask.
My old passport expires in February but I have applied for a renewal. Can I use my old data page to fill out the page and then update to the new data page later on??

Secondly, I was told I can apply now so as to get a date but I haven’t gotten my I-20. Is it possible to apply for a visa date now without getting the I-20? I’m expecting my I-20 by March and school resumes in August.

Thank you as I await a response.

(1) (2) (3) ... (179) (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) ... (528) (Reply)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy.

Viewing this topic: Honeysweetest(f), Keyin and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.