Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,504 members, 7,812,553 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:18 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 - Travel (183) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 (675916 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) ... (528) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by BigIyanga: 3:48pm On Jan 06, 2023
Somatohadidas:

Ok.

But how do you generate the SEVIS coupon without the SEVIS ID (usually found on the I-20)?

Dunno. Last person I was helping told me that she was required to pay for Sevis before getting I-20
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by BigIyanga: 3:56pm On Jan 06, 2023
Chi000056:
Hello NL,

I was denied my F1 visa application on the 5 th January 2023, orientation 10th January

VO was a calm young lady who didn’t ask more questions nor look the candidates in the face . I was exhausted because I was in line since 7am and this was [/b]around 12pm

Me: Good morning
VO: gm…. Pass your documents please

VO: who is your sponsor?
Me: my fiance

[b]VO: How long have you been engaged?
Me:7 months… but we have been dating for 4 years

VO:What does he do
Me:He is a software engineer at Chevron

VO:Why did you choose your school?
Me:A friend of mine who has a masters degree from this university recommended it to me and they are also very accommodating to international students

VO:Have you been outside the country before?
Me:Yes, 3 countries (I named them including the US)

VO:What do you do?
I’m a medical doctor

VO: ( looks up from typing) so why do you choose to do masters?
Me:I would not like to work as a clinician and I would like to get into another career path but this program would help me to still be in service in the healthcare …
(I admit I was exhausted and this answer would not have been my best option in a different situation)

She then passed me the blue paper stating I didn’t qualify for a student visa.

I would appreciate any feedback back and would like to know if two weeks is too soon to reapply as I would be married by then . Thanks

1: Sponsor-your husband as your relative would have made a better answer.
2:It seems you didnt do much research about your school, department and its faculty? How is your program/department nationally ranked? Who are the leading scholars and professors to teach and mentor you?
Your responses were subpar per graduate applicant.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Shagbatshagba: 4:17pm On Jan 06, 2023
NightCyrax:

Welcome on board, my fellow literatus

Have you begun applying already? I have a few recommendations but their priority deadlines have passed or are passing already. What's your specialization?

Well, i want to specialize in prose. What are your recommendations because i wish i can study it at luxembourg but i can’t find an institution to study
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Kingloaded: 8:50pm On Jan 06, 2023
Hello, am 17 years old, I got admission on 4th of this month to study computer science at University of North Carolina at Pembroke, I have been sent l-20 form, admission letter and Certificate of Financial Responsibility via email on a pdf format.
My passport is ready, but I still need a visa. I'm already afraid of being denied, so please tell me what I should avoid so that I don't get kicked off my visa.

Can I also go with my admission letter too?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Choicexx(m): 10:29pm On Jan 06, 2023
chibertha:
Looks like funding is the issue here.
If you don't mind apply to my school Marshall university the same department.

https://www.marshall.edu/academics/programs/mathematics-ma/

You are guaranteed a 100% fee waiver plus a $12/hrs stipend.

https://www.marshall.edu/math/graduate/assistantships/

Message the graduate coordinator and chair of the department.
They are in dire need of master's students as the last 2 just graduated in December 2022.

Goodluck

chibertha Hope you are good
I have a degree in finance and experience in credit, what masters program will you recommend to me at Marshall university with funding as they don’t offer any finance masters program.
Thank you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Dechamp: 10:32pm On Jan 06, 2023
My program start date is may but the earliest appointment I've been seeing is September, October, November & January 2024 please guide me on a possible solution
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Akinyelekehinde: 10:41pm On Jan 06, 2023
Please anyone applying or currently in East tennessee state University I just got admitted with an international merit scholarship. Please I would like to ask a few questions. Thank you.

If there is a WhatsApp or telegram group, I would like to be added. I'm for fall 2023 term.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Nozino: 10:48pm On Jan 06, 2023
Anyone interested in app free universities can check out Tulane University. Appying to all their PhD program is free.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Dreamsss: 1:31am On Jan 07, 2023
The littlest things worry me and make me ask all kinds of questions. So please you guys should indulge me this time abeg. Please is this prof saying it is my second year that he needs me? Because I don't see an actual invitation/schedule to talk in this message nau.

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Terry27: 2:09am On Jan 07, 2023
I will say focus on fall, because the closest available dates right now are mostly in the fall. That way you have enough time to gather your documents and apply.

hammed71:
good morning guys can I still apply for may intake or I should just focus on fall
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by TWoods(m): 5:58am On Jan 07, 2023
Dreamsss:
The littlest things worry me and make me ask all kinds of questions. So please you guys should indulge me this time abeg. Please is this prof saying it is my second year that he needs me? Because I don't see an actual invitation/schedule to talk in this message nau.

His response is fairly straightforward, the problem is you haven’t bothered to do your homework.

He is saying that while his group does a lot of research work, it’s not clear that you’re a good fit for his group. Your MPH program likely allows for only limited research work and mostly in your second year practicuum. He is however willing to chat with you if there are specific research areas you are interested in that could be a good fit for them too.

4 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Dreamsss: 9:02am On Jan 07, 2023
TWoods:

His response is fairly straightforward, the problem is you haven’t bothered to do your homework.

He is saying that while his group does a lot of research work, it’s not clear that you’re a good fit for his group. Your MPH program likely allows for only limited research work and mostly in your second year practicuum. He is however willing to chat with you if there are specific research areas you are interested in that could be a good fit for them too.

That's not true, TW. I understand the intricacies of clinching such RA-ships, so believe me when I say that I researched the life out of this man. I can't post the entire correspondence here, but I had shared my enthusiasm to learn in his lab and intentions to apply what he literally does to Nigeria's PH system, which is why he shared that info about working internationally...and implies the possibility of adding Nigeria to it.

I'm mostly disturbed by the mention of a second year, but even now, I kind of feel like I'm overthinking it. Because he said most and not all my lab work and the reality is that MPH students, do get assistantships in that department, right of the bat. So yes, I have sent an email to ask him about how we may proceed and I hope for the best.

Thank you for being so kind as to even answer me.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Nobody: 4:16pm On Jan 07, 2023
You can do GRE at home in naija FYI. No need to travel to go do it at a center. Just wanted to share...
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by EstherOA: 4:24pm On Jan 07, 2023
NightCyrax:

I am so sorry for this. You have a nice profile, honestly. It shows you prepared well and knew your onion. Don't be swayed. You're surely getting it in your next attempt.

Yes I'm certain. Thank you!!!!

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by NightCyrax: 5:09pm On Jan 07, 2023
Shagbatshagba:

Well, i want to specialize in prose. What are your recommendations because i wish i can study it at luxembourg but i can’t find an institution to study

Although you may still need to narrow your interest probably by eras or authors, check Penn State University, Arizona State University, Western Carolina University, Wayne State University, University of Wyoming and BGSU.

Those schools have relaxed application requirements for English, they also fund their admits through TAships. No separate application required.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by chibertha(f): 5:47pm On Jan 07, 2023
It depends on what you like because if you ask me I will say "medicine and surgery"
What I mean is I can not recommend for you
This journey na per head.

Choicexx:

chibertha Hope you are good
I have a degree in finance and experience in credit, what masters program will you recommend to me at Marshall university with funding as they don’t offer any finance masters program.
Thank you

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by chibertha(f): 5:49pm On Jan 07, 2023
I would take October 2023 and defer to spring 2024.
Dechamp:
My program start date is may but the earliest appointment I've been seeing is September, October, November & January 2024 please guide me on a possible solution
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by HaywhyUnusual: 5:51pm On Jan 07, 2023
Hi everyone
Pls, does anyone know a cheaper flight that one can take to the US? The ones i have been seeing is 1.2million upwards
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by chibertha(f): 6:06pm On Jan 07, 2023
Cost are dependent on time of travel.
The closer your travel date the higher the fare.
You can also try searching in the midnight

HaywhyUnusual:
Hi everyone
Pls, does anyone know a cheaper flight that one can take to the US? The ones i have been seeing is 1.2million upwards

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Desire1996: 7:41pm On Jan 07, 2023
Good evening all..please I was asked to provide affidavit of sponsorship and bank statement of acct from the school I applied to..is it normal for some schools to ask for this among their application requirements? Please I need an answer

(1) (2) (3) ... (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) ... (528) (Reply)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy.

Viewing this topic: chimax1(m), Honeysweetest(f) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.