Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,907 members, 7,814,068 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:18 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 - Travel (350) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 (677722 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (347) (348) (349) (350) (351) (352) (353) ... (529) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by TEMIT0PE: 9:20am On Jun 06, 2023
Choose whatever date you see there first, and then either; be on the lookout for favourable dates so you can reschedule (join date search groups) OR apply for emergency when you are within 60 days of your program start date.

Nuellaursula:
Hello everyone,
Please I need your help, I tried booking a visa interview date and the earliest available date is next year. My program start date is August and my orientation date is July.
How can I go about scheduling a date in July.

Please I need help with this.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Nuellaursula: 9:23am On Jun 06, 2023
Please I want to join abuja f1 interview date search. Add me up : 09068606040.

Pls it's urgent

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Nuellaursula: 9:31am On Jun 06, 2023
TEMIT0PE:
Choose whatever date you see there first, and then either; be on the lookout for favourable dates so you can reschedule (join date search groups) OR apply for emergency when you are within 60 days of your program start date.

Can you add me up to the abuja f1 visa interview date search group 09068606040
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by mojolajesu(m): 9:31am On Jun 06, 2023
Can you please share your transcript. It is going to help a lot of people here

Belle123:
Yes . I got approved using Mpower loan of 48k and personal funds of 10k
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by TheMA: 9:38am On Jun 06, 2023
06-06-23
6:30 AM
Lagos
Denied under 214(b)

Profile:

Affected by the UAE visa ban and returned to Nigeria after failing to obtain a new work permit. Passport was renewed in Malaysia so place of issue was out there in the open upon inspecting the passport. Over a year of experience as a SWE in AI and RFID/IOT Engineering.
Dual B.Sc. in Computer Science (2021) from a UK university, and a Malaysian university
1st Class Honors in both.

Program:

M.Sc. in Computer Science, BGSU, funding covered by parents (Canadian permanent residents).

Context:

VO was stern and visibly/slightly upset with all preceding candidates including myself. Nonetheless, confidence and grooming was on point.

Interview:

VO: Good morning, pass your I-20 and passport.
-- [Greeted back and obliged]

VO: Who will be sponsoring your studies?
-- My parents will be fully backing me up for the study. With over 2 decades of experience as a chartered accountant, she is a financial analyst manager at ... in Winnipeg, Canada, where she's currently a permanent resident. On the other hand, my dad has over 3 decades of experience in the hospitality and events services industry and recently launched his equipment trading company in Canada where he's also a permanent resident. I am expected to manage the Nigerian branch which we have registered in Lagos upon returning. [Cuts in as I was about to declare their financial status]

VO: Aside from Malaysia what other countries have you been to?
-- [Succinctly described my travel history in Malaysia and UAE, and offered older passports since she was inspecting the pages/stamps on the current one]

VO: [Types for a while and hands over blue paper] You do not qualify for this visa under US Immigration Law.
-- [Walks away dispassionately (I'm a calculative person and a scientist, so I never make the mistake of associating emotions with statistically unfavorable situations {82% rejection rates for the F-1 in Nigeria})]

--------------------------------

PS - I won't be reapplying as my situation and profile almost certainly will not change, but will focus on seeking employment overseas. Please direct potentially sensitive queries to qpdqr@mailed.ro (valid for 24hrs) if you have something valuable to offer that cannot be publicly disclosed, in regards to my case.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by damtan(m): 11:50am On Jun 06, 2023
Anyone heard of University of Wyoming?? I hear they give funding and it can be 100% sometimes
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by TenaciousOrphan: 12:52pm On Jun 06, 2023
https:///CdeABnZqrA7CkJ7lufaDdC

JOIN NEW ABUJA DATE SEARCH WHATSAPP Group.
The main Abuja date search group is run by agents who sell dates and they intimidate you with threats of removing you from the group if you don’t do their bidding.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Favysommy(f): 1:17pm On Jun 06, 2023
Pls guys can you add me to the group for date search in abuja consulate .. school resumes this fall in August. My number is 08131048806
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Adsom(m): 2:58pm On Jun 06, 2023
Pls does the embassy accept scanned copy or photocopy of bank statements?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by itoski(m): 3:09pm On Jun 06, 2023
Adsom:
Pls does the embassy accept scanned copy or photocopy of bank statements?

Any copy is okay as long as it is readable.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Adsom(m): 3:12pm On Jun 06, 2023
Thanks for this response.
itoski:

Any copy is okay as long as it is readable.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by chibertha(f): 3:37pm On Jun 06, 2023
mrdiator112:
Hi everyone, I recently got admitted to the USA.. which comes with an award/scholarship but I am unclear on what the funding covers. I have msg the school for clarity but have not gotten a tangible response. this is the body of the award mail. So I want to know what part of funding the award covers. thank you for your contribution.

Your stipend is about $6.50/hr.
$500 per month is before the tax
$499 will be paid for you for every credit hour course you register eg if you register for 3 courses at 3 credit hr per course that will be 9 credit hrs
let's say your fees based on the above-registered course is $12,000 the school will waive
$499x9 = $4491 for you and you will pay the remainder by yourself

half bread is better than chinchin but at the same time start thinking about how to make up for the deficit.

Master of Business Administration - Fall 2023

Congratulations on your recent admission to the Bleep College of Business Master of Business Administration degree program. Based on your outstanding academic credentials, we are pleased to offer you a merit graduate assistantship for Fall 2023. This assistantship is renewable under the conditions discussed below and can be held for up to 5 semesters.

A graduate assistantship (GA) provides you with a number of benefits. For example, the GA carries a stipend of $2,000 per semester, and $500 per month for each of the four months of the fall and spring semesters. Primarily assistantships provide a waiver of tuition at the rate of $499 per credit hour for your courses up to 12 credit hours per semester and are allocated based on enrollment throughout the entire duration of the program. Your assistantship also waives out-of-state tuition covering all tuition-related expenses. The university requires graduate assistants to maintain 12 credit hours each fall and spring, meaning your assistantship's total estimated value is $5,988 for in-state students and $15,696 for out-of-state students per semester. Please be advised that an assistantship will not cover the total cost of your program’s expenses. You will be responsible for any and all remaining program and mandatory institutional student fees.

Being awarded a GA is an honor, and GAs have the opportunity to work closely with the faculty and staff of the college helping us to meet our teaching and research mission. We hope you're excited to receive this news
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by chibertha(f): 3:51pm On Jun 06, 2023
The bolded are the issue you do not have ties in Nigeria again that's why you have been all over the world.
I will advise you to face Canada since you have good grades and your parents are there your PR is sure

TheMA:
06-06-23
Lagos
Denied under 214(b)

Profile:

Affected by the UAE visa ban and returned to Nigeria after failing to obtain a new work permit. Passport was renewed in Malaysia so place of issue was out there in the open upon inspecting the passport. Over a year of experience as a SWE in AI and RFID/IOT Engineering.
Dual B.Sc. in Computer Science (2021) from a UK university, and a Malaysian university

Program:

M.Sc. in Computer Science, BGSU, funding covered by parents (Canadian permanent residents).

Context:

VO was stern and visibly/slightly upset with all preceding candidates including myself. Nonetheless, confidence and grooming was on point.

Interview:

-- My parents will be fully backing me up for the study. With over 2 decades of experience as a chartered accountant, she is a financial analyst manager at ... in Winnipeg, Canada, where she's currently a permanent resident. On the other hand, my dad has over 3 decades of experience in the hospitality and events services industry and recently launched his equipment trading company in Canada where he's also a permanent resident. I am expected to manage the Nigerian branch which we have registered in Lagos upon returning. [Cuts in as I was about to declare their financial status]

-- [Succinctly described my travel history in Malaysia and UAE, and offered older passports since she was inspecting the pages/stamps on the current one]

VO: [Types for a while and hands over blue paper] You do not qualify for this visa under US Immigration Law.
-- [Walks away dispassionately (I'm a calculative person and a scientist, so I never make the mistake of associating emotions with statistically unfavorable situations {82% rejection rates for the F-1 in Nigeria})]

PS - I won't be reapplying as my situation and profile almost certainly will not change, but will focus on seeking employment overseas. Please direct potentially sensitive queries to qpdqr@mailed.ro (valid for 24hrs) if you have something valuable to offer that cannot be publicly disclosed, in regards to my case.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Mobil567: 4:28pm On Jun 06, 2023
you don't have any solid tie to prove that you will return to Nigeria after your studies. Asides that your parents are not even in the country, you have a history of working in UAE which shows that you intend to stay overseas. The whole coming back to Lagos story is jungle to them. However as the other OP advised, try Canada. I believe you will have more chances of getting their visa since your parents are permanent residents there. Goodluck brother
TheMA:
06-06-23
Lagos
Denied under 214(b)

Profile:

Program:

Context:

Interview:

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Nuellaursula: 4:50pm On Jun 06, 2023
TenaciousOrphan:

The main Abuja date search group is run by agents who sell dates and they intimidate you with threats of removing you from the group if you don’t do their bidding.
please is that the link to the group?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Nuellaursula: 5:00pm On Jun 06, 2023
Please can someone send the link for Abuja f1 interview date group or rather add me up: 09068606040

Please it urgent, thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by BigIyanga: 6:29pm On Jun 06, 2023
TheMA:
06-06-23
Lagos
Denied under 214(b)

Profile:

Program:

Context:

Interview:

Your profile looks very good for a US grad study… but luck wasn't on your side. Have considered going for your PhD with funding? Success rate for PhD studies with funding is way greater that general stats you quoted. Good luck!!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by dydx2020(m): 12:15am On Jun 07, 2023
I need a compilations of students visa Interview/ Transcript

Please kindly send to my mail if u have or refer a friend.. that can help ??
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by fairheart(m): 1:58am On Jun 07, 2023
dydx2020:

Why not prepare your own transcript and share, it so that others can review it and suggest areas you need to make adjustment?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by fairheart(m): 2:03am On Jun 07, 2023
Visit your parents in Canada and return to Nigeria, then go back to the U.S. embassy. Then you will get your visa. Additionally, frustration rubs us of the energy necessary to preserve in the face of obstacles, such as this denial.

You seem frustrated, and so you are ready to throw in the towel. Does that mean you do not really want to go to America for studies, but just a 'let-see-what-is-there?' If it is a dream to study in the U.S., try again after a visit to your parents in Canada. If not, then don't bother.
TheMA:
06-06-23
Lagos
Denied under 214(b)

Profile:

Program:

Context:

Interview:

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by bmichael22: 4:04am On Jun 07, 2023
Pls do share your transcript. I have a similar funding-story

Belle123:
Yes . I got approved using Mpower loan of 48k and personal funds of 10k
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by kimpoyo13: 6:29am On Jun 07, 2023
Yes they do, I got a PhD offer there but turned it down for Umich because you must conduct research to be paid during the summer. If you are a STEM student, the Atmospheric science department are waiving application fee.
damtan:
Anyone heard of University of Wyoming?? I hear they give funding and it can be 100% sometimes
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by gracefoundmme(m): 7:10am On Jun 07, 2023
dydx2020:

Go on YouTube and search for ETM visa or Argo visa
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Olawrites: 10:56am On Jun 07, 2023
IamContentKing:
Hello guys, please I am looking for someone to feature on our next Japa (relocation) podcast episode. See details below;

Title:
Return Migration: Why come back?

Synopsis:
In this episode, we will delve into the compelling stories of Nigerians who have made the decision to return to their home country after living abroad. We uncover their motivations for coming back, exploring what they found in Nigeria or their destination country that influenced their choice. Through engaging conversations, we gain insights into their experiences, challenges, and triumphs upon returning, shedding light on their current circumstances. The aim is to unravel the complex factors that drive return migration and gain a deeper understanding of the realities faced by those who choose to come back to Nigeria.

Podcast venue: Victoria Island, Lagos
Time: 10 am
Date: 10th June 2023.

Call me or WhatsApp me here if interested: +2348084718216

Naso una dey cast things for Nigerians, same way that ozuwor Guy casted UK parole.
You this media and clout people.
What's your business with someone that comeback or not.
Our Government wey dey spoil the country no dey feature them or exporse them.
See subsidy una no feature the sham going on there
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by legendsergio(m): 11:00am On Jun 07, 2023
Hi everyone, someone is helping me process the SEVIS fee in the US using money order, is it possible for me to pay with Wester Union from Nigeria using my USD don account incase that does not go through?

Can I go ahead to submit my visa application form before confirming the SEVIS payment?

Please I need help, I want to submit the visa application today and proceed to pay for the fees and start searching for dates.

Also, please add me to Abuja search group.

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Dessie94: 11:32am On Jun 07, 2023
Hello guys, please I am looking for someone to feature on our next Japa (relocation) podcast episode. See details below;

Title:
Return Migration: Why come back?

Synopsis:
In this episode, we will delve into the compelling stories of Nigerians who have made the decision to return to their home country after living abroad. We uncover their motivations for coming back, exploring what they found in Nigeria or their destination country that influenced their choice. Through engaging conversations, we gain insights into their experiences, challenges, and triumphs upon returning, shedding light on their current circumstances. The aim is to unravel the complex factors that drive return migration and gain a deeper understanding of the realities faced by those who choose to come back to Nigeria.

Podcast venue: Victoria Island, Lagos
Time: 10 am
Date: 10th June 2023.

Call me or WhatsApp me here if interested: +2348127702223 or you can also send me an email : deskatu94@gmail.com
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Nuellaursula: 1:26pm On Jun 07, 2023
Hello everyone
Please I need your help, my program date starts August and I've learnt that I can book for emergency visa 60 days to my start program, and I don't know if I will get a response if I go for emergency visa

Please group can someone add me up to Abuja date search whatsapp group : 09068606040
Pls it's urgent and I'm anxious about this date thing
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Ritaoma: 6:07pm On Jun 07, 2023
Good evening everyone. Please I need help....... I'm applying for a US visa for the second time, I fill a new DS 160 form, paid for a visa fee the second time but whenever I login to check for date it always says that there are currently no available appointment, my school start date is in August 3rd for Fall session. Please someone should help it's urgent 🙏
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Sugahylz(f): 6:58pm On Jun 07, 2023
TenaciousOrphan:

Please resend the WhatsApp link pls, that one isn’t opening
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by tommitea: 9:40pm On Jun 07, 2023
I need someone who can explain life experience in Georgia, Tbilisi as a student please.

(1) (2) (3) ... (347) (348) (349) (350) (351) (352) (353) ... (529) (Reply)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy.

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.