Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,327 members, 7,829,834 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:26 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 - Travel (362) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 (696746 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (359) (360) (361) (362) (363) (364) (365) ... (539) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Teddiement: 9:12am On Jun 18, 2023
There is a daily limit on the number of times you can visit the reschedule page. Too many attempts will lead to your account being frozen for 72 hours. Mine was.
The solution: Visit the 'Cancel Appointment' page. You will find something like the 'earliest available date'. If it is within what you want, simply go back to the reschedule page and then reschedule your appointment. Please don't cancel your appointment on the 'cancel page'!

Simply return to the reschedule page and then reschedule.

mimini:
Hello house,
Please I am scared of checking the reschedule a date section on the visa appointment site because, the first time I checked to see if there are earlier date, there was a warning at the top that I will soon exhaust my access limit. And I don't want to be permanently blocked.
I have scheduled a date which is far 2024, and I am looking for an earlier date in June/July, which can only be done if I check the reschedule date section.
Does this happen to everyone? Do I need to be scared of checking for earlier dates? Please gurus should advice on what to do.
I also want to be added to Abuja group for visa appointment, 07067625525.
Thank you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Teddiement: 9:14am On Jun 18, 2023
You may visit the 'cancel appointment' page as many times as you want. There is no limit on that. Just be careful on how many times you login to the site daily.
I got a July 10th 2023 date just about 1 hour ago.

mimini:
Hello house,
Please I am scared of checking the reschedule a date section on the visa appointment site because, the first time I checked to see if there are earlier date, there was a warning at the top that I will soon exhaust my access limit. And I don't want to be permanently blocked.
I have scheduled a date which is far 2024, and I am looking for an earlier date in June/July, which can only be done if I check the reschedule date section.
Does this happen to everyone? Do I need to be scared of checking for earlier dates? Please gurus should advice on what to do.
I also want to be added to Abuja group for visa appointment, 07067625525.
Thank you.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Teddiement: 9:28am On Jun 18, 2023
You have 4 times to reschedule, excluding the first appointment you booked.

mimini:
Hello house,
I am seeing an earlier date but still in 2024. Is it wise if I schedule that date? How many times can I reschedule dates at most b4 it expires? I really need one for June 2023.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Nemerem1: 9:57am On Jun 18, 2023
Hello
Please guide me. For example, I am scheduled to have my interview on September 2023, but my start date is August. Can I use reschedule appointment tab and not request for expedited appointment slot. Because that expedited part dey fear me o.
Teddiement:
There is a daily limit on the number of times you can visit the reschedule page. Too many attempts will lead to your account being frozen for 72 hours. Mine was.
The solution: Visit the 'Cancel Appointment' page. You will find something like the 'earliest available date'. If it is within what you want, simply go back to the reschedule page and then reschedule your appointment. Please don't cancel your appointment on the 'cancel page'!

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by realdemi(f): 11:51am On Jun 18, 2023
TEMIT0PE:
Reach out to them via email

Thanks a lot, TEMIT0PE.

Should I email LagosStudentVisas@state.gov or support-nigeria@ustraveldocs.com?
It seems the first is more appropriate from what I just read on the US embassy website.

Please kindly confirm. Most grateful for the help.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Teddiement: 12:56pm On Jun 18, 2023
The challenge with the Emergency Appointment thingy is that if it is denied once, you can no longer access it until you pay a new MRV fee.
So it may be better to look for a favourable date on the 'Cancel Appointment' page and then reschedule your appointment.
If this doesn't work out for you, then you may use the emergency appointment option. Kindly make sure you use it within 60 days of your 'Start of Class' date. I tried mine within 60 days of my 'Program Start' date which is earlier than my 'Start of Class' date and I got denied.
Pay careful attention to these differences.

All the best.

Nemerem1:
Hello
Please guide me. For example, I am scheduled to have my interview on September 2023, but my start date is August. Can I use reschedule appointment tab and not request for expedited appointment slot. Because that expedited part dey fear me o.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Ogundare26: 1:25pm On Jun 18, 2023
Please does anyone who has been previously refused are able to see the dates that were recently released. Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by TEMIT0PE: 2:24pm On Jun 18, 2023
You should send to both then. Doesn't cost anything.

realdemi:

Thanks a lot, TEMIT0PE.

Should I email LagosStudentVisas@state.gov or support-nigeria@ustraveldocs.com?
It seems the first is more appropriate from what I just read on the US embassy website.

Please kindly confirm. Most grateful for the help.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by mimini: 3:05pm On Jun 18, 2023
Teddiement:
You may visit the 'cancel appointment' page as many times as you want. There is no limit on that. Just be careful on how many times you login to the site daily.
I got a July 10th 2023 date just about 1 hour ago.

Thank you very much for giving me a good explanation. I tried it but it gave me March 2024. I will keep trying. My start date for J1 visa is August 1st. I want to try this option b4 using the emergency date. Mine visa office is Abuja. Is yours Lagos or Abuja? And how many times a day do you think I should login at most.
Thank you once again.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by febishola20: 3:53pm On Jun 18, 2023
[quote author=Teddiement post=123870668]There is a daily limit on the number of times you can visit the reschedule page. Too many attempts will lead to your account being frozen for 72 hours. Mine was.

[i tried this now, on the cancel appointment page , it said “ the earliest appointment date is July 20 which is within my time frame” but when I went back to the reschedule page, it was November 2023 I saw, please how can I get past this? ]
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by febishola20: 3:54pm On Jun 18, 2023
Teddiement:

tried this now, on the cancel appointment page , it said “ the earliest appointment date is July 20 which is within my time frame” but when I went back to the reschedule page, it was November 2023 I saw, please how can I get past this? ]

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Olayinka744(m): 4:26pm On Jun 18, 2023
Please who is going to South Dakota school of mines and technology for Masters in Industrial Engineering? Let's link up. I got my Visa approved.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by TEMIT0PE: 5:22pm On Jun 18, 2023
People no dae even share transcipt again

This 2023 set ehn. Una kala gaan 😂

Olayinka744:
Please who is going to South Dakota school of mines and technology for Masters in Industrial Engineering? Let's link up. I got my Visa approved.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Olayinka744(m): 6:54pm On Jun 18, 2023
I am going to South Dakota school of mines and technology this fall

Good afternoon, pls who is going to South Dakota school of mines and technology this fall??

Just got admission [/quote]
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Olayinka744(m): 6:59pm On Jun 18, 2023
I am going for this Fall 2023

brighttech95:
Good afternoon, pls who is going to South Dakota school of mines and technology this fall??

Just got admission
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Emaytex(m): 7:24pm On Jun 18, 2023
Pls house, I need urgent attention on how to reschedule my sis visa appointment. The available date given to her state 27 June 2024 .
While she's expected to resume school by August 28 2023.

Country for the interview is Accra Ghana.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Bleble2022: 7:37pm On Jun 18, 2023
I just rescheduled my appointment to available date July 27 2023. Those looking July date check now ooh .

I did not apply for EA, it was my first appointment date that is for August 3rd.

mimini:

Congratulations!!!
Could you kindly tell us the documents you uploaded on the emergency date portal and the body of the message you sent to them to help us know exactly how to go about it?
I want to apply on the emergency date section for the first time as well.
Thank you as I await your response.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Teddiement: 8:35pm On Jun 18, 2023
Oga abeg drop transcript nau...

Olayinka744:
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Teddiement: 8:36pm On Jun 18, 2023
Aswear... smiley grin
TEMIT0PE:
People no dae even share transcipt again

This 2023 set ehn. Una kala gaan 😂

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by P0SITIVITY: 9:02pm On Jun 18, 2023
Good day all, I have a US visiting visa valid for a period of 5 years. Please any idea how I can maximize this opportunity is it possible I get a job there or something? Please I will appreciate your idea/contribution
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by mimini: 9:09pm On Jun 18, 2023
Bleble2022:
I just rescheduled my appointment to available date July 27 2023. Those looking July date check now ooh .

I did not apply for EA, it was my first appointment date that is for August 3rd.

I am not seeing all these early dates for Abuja visa office. Are these dates for Lagos? Did you apply with Lagos Office?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Kennytowel: 10:19pm On Jun 18, 2023
Good day house, kindly add me to the lagos student visa search and mock interview
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Yomi174: 11:39pm On Jun 18, 2023
[quote author=Olayinka744 post=123885847]Visa status: APPROVED
First and last attempt
Lagos Consulate
13th of June, 2023
School: South Dakota school of mines and technology
Program: Masters in Industrial Engineering
Funding: Zero funding
Deficit: $27,290

God's grace, favour and mercy spoke for me because I thought I will be denied when I was stuttering when she asked me for what my sponsor does but God did it with a lot of prayers and fasting.

Interview Proper (By black American Woman)

F1: Good morning with a smile
VO: Good morning. Pass me your documents
F1: How are you doing today?
VO: Fine, thank you
VO: How old are you?
F1: XX years
VO: Have you travelled out of the country before?
F1: No. I have not had any reason to.
VO: What is your background?
F1: B.Sc in Chemical Engineering from Bleep University.
VO: What do you do for work?
F1: I work as a Project Engineer at Bleep. A fire safety Engineering and Consulting company
VO: How long have you been working in your current place of work?
F1: 3 years 3 months
VO: Why do you need this Masters?
F1: I need the Masters as a result of the Safety Project Manager vacancy that is about to be open at my current place of work due to the fact that the current Safety Project Manager will soon be transferred to the newly open branch outside lagos state.
So I discussed with my Engineering manager to express my interest in which he told me that I need to have the required skills and knowledge. And that is why I am going for this Masters program. (Note: my speech was incoherent here due to anxiety because she had already denied 3 people before me. I was number 4 on her queue).
VO: How do you intend to cover for your deficit?
F1: My mom and I will be covering my deficit.
My Mom in the person of Mrs. Bleep will be covering 70% of my COA. She makes a combined annual income of 45M.
VO: What does she do?
F1: She is one of the major distributor of Bleep products in Ondo State where she resides and also owns 20 hectares of Cocoa and Palm oil plantation.
VO: How much do you have to cover the remaining COA?
F1: I have a personal savings of 4.2M which I have saved over the 6 years of working and my company has also promised a 40% monthly paid study leave upon the approval of my Visa to support my living expenses throughout the duration of my program.
(Note: at this point, she told me to slow down that it seems I talk too fast? I said yes)
She then said let me get this straight. You mean your mom will be covering the larger part of your COA and you will be taking care of the rest? I said yes. And she said I will be approving your visa. Take this white paper and the rest was History

*Congratulations*

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (359) (360) (361) (362) (363) (364) (365) ... (539) (Reply)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.