Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,148 members, 7,811,269 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:54 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 - Travel (502) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 (674459 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (499) (500) (501) (502) (503) (504) (505) ... (527) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Yemmymo: 3:24pm On Mar 28
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Immunity04: 3:27pm On Mar 28
Thank you Sir, I appreciate alot.
OyoTunjiUSA:

Hey 🀠

1. Your academic history usually starts from your Seconday (high) school and any other higher or professional certificates or skills you acquired all through phd . Only primary/elementary is usually omitted.

Best Wishes πŸ™
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by OyoTunjiUSA(m): 3:59pm On Mar 28
Yemmymo:
@OyoTunjiUSA, If you've any idea please

Hey 🀠

*** You are not in Nigeria .

1. If you are a resident of that country you are applying from then its good.

2. If your employer in that country is sending you on job-skill upgrading (MBA) , then that's even better .

3. If you have a growing business (s) in that country and needed to widen your business managerial skills , then that's better too.

4. ** In all, it's not good to secure loan in funding your MBA ...

REASONS ;

5. You are not a good business/money manager

6. Securing private loan makes you financially incapable of funding your MBA abroad . If unexpected expenses happens during your studentship , will you take a loan to cover it ?

7. Securing full scholarships or fundings is not compulsory for MBA applicants because its a Personal Aggrandizement course , except if an organisation is sending you overseas for it. What is compulsory is genuine admission and how you intend to fund your education.

Advice
======

8. Merge your resources together and name your spouse (husband) as your main sponsor . You just have to find a bank statement that will cover the whole deficit .

Best Wishes πŸ™
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Yemmymo: 4:17pm On Mar 28

OyoTunjiUSA:

Hey 🀠

*** You are not in Nigeria .

1. If you are a resident of that country you are applying from then its good.

2. If your employer in that country is sending you on job-skill upgrading (MBA) , then that's even better .

3. If you have a growing business (s) in that country and needed to widen your business managerial skills , then that's better too.

4. ** In all, it's not good to secure loan in funding your MBA ...

REASONS ;

5. You are not a good business/money manager

6. Securing private loan makes you financially incapable of funding your MBA abroad . If unexpected expenses happens during your studentship , will you take a loan to cover it ?

7. Securing full scholarships or fundings is not compulsory for MBA applicants because its a Personal Aggrandizement course , except if an organisation is sending you overseas for it. What is compulsory is genuine admission and how you intend to fund your education.

Advice
======

8. Merge your resources together and name your spouse (husband) as your main sponsor . You just have to find a bank statement that will cover the whole deficit .

Best Wishes πŸ™
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by OyoTunjiUSA(m): 4:53pm On Mar 28
Yemmymo:
Thank you so much for your response, this makes alot of sense.

Actually I am only partly working here (freelance and not with a company) and I am just a temporary resident. I am less than a year here but I have a growing business back in Nigeria and another business I have ventured in (failed but want to get back at it again). I could link these businesses to my reasons for getting MBA if theres a way to.

I am happy to show bank statement for the deficit, however my concern is the VO thinking that's alot of money to spend considering I have a MSC.
Do you think this is a valid concern?

Hey 🀠

1. I got you . Forget a lot of money. Is it up to 200 Million NGN ?

2. VOs knows that Nigerians are wealthy and inter-connected . Therfore, we can provide any requirements.

3. You have left your major enemy which is PROVING TIES in your present location because you are a temporary resident .

4. You have an Msc and then ? A professor in Business Administration can still go for MBA. MBA is a neutral managerial certification and it keeps updating in the business world . STEM MBA is now the talk about but let's leave that aspect .

5. WORRY and think about how to proof ties to your present location . If you want to get the visa in that place (let's say Germany), what will make you come back to Germany after your study ? If you cannot prove it to me then go back to Nigeria where you were born , have families , properties etc and where the USA embassy can verify your background checks to get your visa .

Best Wishes πŸ™
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Yemmymo: 5:17pm On Mar 28
Again, thank you! Very good and actionable responses. My MBA is even with STEM so makes it better.
For proving of ties, I thought I could just prove ties to my home country (Nigeria) and not here. But in this case, I'll have to use my Spouse to prove ties as he works here. Though we will be applying together, but we can argue its to help me settle down and he returns.

I hope that make sense.

OyoTunjiUSA:

Hey 🀠

1. I got you . Forget a lot of money. Is it up to 200 Million NGN ?

2. VOs knows that Nigerians are wealthy and inter-connected . Therfore, we can provide any requirements.

3. You have left your major enemy which is PROVING TIES in your present location because you are a temporary resident .

4. You have an Msc and then ? A professor in Business Administration can still go for MBA. MBA is a neutral managerial certification and it keeps updating in the business world . STEM MBA is now the talk about but let's leave that aspect .

5. WORRY and think about how to proof ties to your present location . If you want to get the visa in that place (let's say Germany), what will make you come back to Germany after your study ? If you cannot prove it to me then go back to Nigeria where you were born , have families , properties etc and where the USA embassy can verify your background checks to get your visa .

Best Wishes πŸ™
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by OyoTunjiUSA(m): 5:33pm On Mar 28
Yemmymo:
Again, thank you! Very good and actionable responses. My MBA is even with STEM so makes it better.
For proving of ties, I thought I could just prove ties to my home country (Nigeria) and not here. But in this case, I'll have to use my Spouse to prove ties as he works here. Though we will be applying together, but we can argue its to help me settle down and he returns.

I hope that make sense.

Hey 🀠

1. No ! You have to proof ties to the present location . For example , if a Ghanaian is applying for a US visa in Nigeria , he or she will proof ties to Nigeria , Not Ghana . If he or she cannot proof ties to Nigeria , then he or she should go to Ghana and seek for the visa .

2. Unfortunately, you are the Primary applicant (the School in the USA knows you , not your husband), therefore, the embassy is dealing with you , not your husband . Your husband cannot proof the tie for you .

3. It would have been a little better and hopeful if you have applied alone and use your husband who works in your present location as a tie (it's still a bad tie, because your husband can move anytime as he is not a citizen), but you have worsen the case by applying together .

4. You are applying with your tie 😊 So what tie will both of you leave behind in your present location ? Your kids or job ?

5. Well just put all your efforts and be positive. But , you have a complicated visa application already.

Best Wishes πŸ™
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Yemmymo: 5:39pm On Mar 28
Wow, this is serious. I am yet to apply though so it can still be salvaged.

However, what do you think is/are best ties to use in this scenario? And is it more advisable to go and apply from Nigeria?

OyoTunjiUSA:

Hey 🀠

1. No ! You have to proof ties to the present location . For example , if a Ghanaian is applying for a US visa in Nigeria , he or she will proof ties to Nigeria , Not Ghana . If he or she cannot proof ties to Nigeria , then he or she should go to Ghana and seek for the visa .

2. Unfortunately, you are the Primary applicant (the School in the USA knows you , not your husband), therefore, the embassy is dealing with you , not your husband . Your husband cannot proof the tie for you .

3. It would have been a little better and hopeful if you have applied alone and use your husband who works in your present location as a tie (it's still a bad tie, because your husband can move anytime as he is not a citizen), but you have worsen the case by applying together .

4. You are applying with your tie 😊 So what tie will both of you leave behind in your present location ? Your kids or job ?

5. Well just put all your efforts and be positive. But , you have a complicated visa application already.

Best Wishes πŸ™
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by kes4glory(m): 8:35pm On Mar 28
Hello guys, Please I applied for PhD biological sciences at wayne state university fall 2024, but I am yet to get a feedback, anyone in my shoes here?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Cath1234(f): 11:02pm On Mar 28
Hi everyone ,

Please anyone in this category
I am applying for nursing 12 months program in the USA and I am on spousal work permit in Canada .
What is my fate in getting a visa from
This .?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Jmandotcom: 1:43am On Mar 29
Hi guys, please I need your comments. My i20 states the duration of my program to be 7 years - even though I expected to see something like 5yrs thereabout, but then now I am filling the 'lenght of stay in the US' section of my DS-160 form. I would like to confirm if the 7yrs duration on my i20 is what I should fill in the length of stay in the US section of my DS-form. Thanks!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Jmandotcom: 1:44am On Mar 29
No interview invite from the school yet? They may have moved on with other preferred applicants.
kes4glory:
Hello guys, Please I applied for PhD biological sciences at wayne state university fall 2024, but I am yet to get a feedback, anyone in my shoes here?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by ObamaMessi: 6:09am On Mar 29
Justwise is part 17 not due? πŸ™„πŸ™„

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by davvyRanking: 2:55pm On Mar 29
kes4glory:

Same here. It’s been on first review since last year
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by ca55: 5:13pm On Mar 29
Anyone going to Texas Tech University Fall 2024?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by OyoTunjiUSA(m): 6:24pm On Mar 29
Jmandotcom:
Hi guys, please I need your comments. My i20 states the duration of my program to be 7 years - even though I expected to see something like 5yrs thereabout, but then now I am filling the 'lenght of stay in the US' section of my DS-160 form. I would like to confirm if the 7yrs duration on my i20 is what I should fill in the length of stay in the US section of my DS-form. Thanks!

Hey 🀠

1. Follow the date stipulated in your Form -120. Naturally you may round off your program before then but your Host-institution has calculated extra time , in the case of illness, natural disaster , changes in calendars etc.

2. Another point is that , your Form I 20 will keep you staying back in the USA (until the I 20 expiration date) even if your F1 visa has expired before then. Follow the Form I 20.

Best Wishes .πŸ™

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by OyoTunjiUSA(m): 6:47pm On Mar 29
Cath1234:
Hi everyone ,

Please anyone in this category
I am applying for nursing 12 months program in the USA and I am on spousal work permit in Canada .
What is my fate in getting a visa from
This .?

Hey 🀠

*** Your faith in getting an F1 visa is like the faith of a Canadian (citizen). The only different is that YOU NEED AN F1 visa because you are not a citizen yet.

1. You must proof ties to Canada.

2. You must give a reasonable post-study plans .

3. You must show ability to pay your school fees and other miscellaneous expenses .

4. You must be ready to answer : Why this particular institution? Why Nursing ? Are there no institution in Canada that offers same quality nursing programs?

5. If you have lived up to 3 years in Canada, then you may have a better ride , but if you have just landed in Canada , then you should be ready for battle of communication with the consular.

6. USA & CANADA are like Coca Cola & Pepsi ( almost 95% of anything you can get in the USA is also obtainable in Canada or from Canada) .

7. You have to give a convincing reasons to get your visa .

Best Wishes πŸ™
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Gosas: 6:56pm On Mar 29
Hello Everyone
I am here. I have been able to read couple of the threads.
Please I need assistance, I am looking to apply for a PHD for fall 2024. I am writing my GRE next week and I have also started my WES evaluation.
1. Would I be able to meet the fall batch
2. Please how do I navigate the visa and date search to be able to meet up the fall batch
3. Is it true that admission takes 3 months?

Thank you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Mjosh1000(m): 7:08pm On Mar 29
Gosas:
Hello Everyone
Please I need assistance, I am looking to apply for a PHD for fall 2024. I am writing my GRE next week and I have also started my WES evaluation.
2. Please how do I navigate the visa and date search to be able to meet up the fall batch

Thank you

I strongly doubt you can meet up with fall 2024, cos most school applications have closed.

Why not work with spring 2025, or rather still fall 2025 if you seek to resume in fall
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Debbieeeeeee: 7:14pm On Mar 29
Gosas:
Hello Everyone

Thank you

Securing funding for a PhD program is crucial, and competition for it is intense. As it's nearly April, much of the funding has likely been allocated. It's advisable to aim for either January or September next year to increase your chances of securing good funding. Diversifying your applications across multiple schools will enhance your chances of success with getting funding.

4 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by linsa01(m): 7:54pm On Mar 29
Hello all,

Pls can I use browse via VPN to fill my ds 160? The site is giving me headache
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by OyoTunjiUSA(m): 8:54pm On Mar 29
linsa01:
Hello all,

Hey 🀠

1. Even if you travel to Canada or Australia (automatic change of ips which is 98% beter than VPN) in order to fill your DS 160 , you will still face the same issue (as a first timer or occasional applicant).

2. Filling of DS 1-60 is one of the biggest frustrations of Applying for USA visas because its security oriented and it has a time-out session which does not give you enough time to think.

3. Try get a DS 160 questionnaire. Fill everything and print it out. Then place it near your computer and start filling the online Form. By this, you won't have to think about what and what you want to type. Use Mozillar Firefox if possible . VPN is not the solution but your own die hard behavior to have the form filled out .

4. DS - 160 is of utmost important . Infact , it speaks for you 75% on the day of your interview . If on the day of your interview you develop a tooth problem and unable to speak, the consular might just open your DS 160, flip through it and approve your visa.

Best Wishes πŸ™

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Slimszy: 9:53pm On Mar 29
linsa01:
Hello all,

Yes, you can. VPN makes it more stable.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Gosas: 10:16pm On Mar 29
Mjosh1000:

Thank you so much. I heard funding in spring I hard, that's why.

I strongly doubt you can meet up with fall 2024, cos most school applications have closed.

Why not work with spring 2025, or rather still fall 2025 if you seek to resume in fall
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by chaiks: 9:41am On Mar 30
Nozino:

Wait for the official offer and see the amount of funding you get. It looks positive tho. Congrats
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Cath1234(f): 10:41am On Mar 30
OyoTunjiUSA:

Hey 🀠

*** Your faith in getting an F1 visa is like the faith of a Canadian (citizen). The only different is that YOU NEED AN F1 visa because you are not a citizen yet.

1. You must proof ties to Canada.

2. You must give a reasonable post-study plans .

3. You must show ability to pay your school fees and other miscellaneous expenses .

4. You must be ready to answer : Why this particular institution? Why Nursing ? Are there no institution in Canada that offers same quality nursing programs?

5. If you have lived up to 3 years in Canada, then you may have a better ride , but if you have just landed in Canada , then you should be ready for battle of communication with the consular.

6. USA & CANADA are like Coca Cola & Pepsi ( almost 95% of anything you can get in the USA is also obtainable in Canada or from Canada) .

7. You have to give a convincing reasons to get your visa .

Best Wishes πŸ™

Thank you so much for your reply .

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Humblemax: 12:36pm On Mar 30
Good day everyone.

Please for Visa interview, Abuja or Lagos, which one is more advisable?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Jmandotcom: 12:51pm On Mar 30
Alright, thank you very much.
OyoTunjiUSA:

Hey 🀠

1. Follow the date stipulated in your Form -120. Naturally you may round off your program before then but your Host-institution has calculated extra time , in the case of illness, natural disaster , changes in calendars etc.

2. Another point is that , your Form I 20 will keep you staying back in the USA (until the I 20 expiration date) even if your F1 visa has expired before then. Follow the Form I 20.

Best Wishes .πŸ™
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by fearlessfang: 1:40pm On Mar 30
OyoTunjiUSA:

Hey 🀠

Best Wishes πŸ™
This is wrong. Absolutely wrong. You do not have to prove ties to the country you are applying for visa.

Everyone has to apply for visa outside of US. I renewed my visa first in Mexico and second in Canada.

I do not have ties to those country and visa was issued.

A friend travel to Cameroon for his visa interview and was approved.

Since you are applying for a non-immigrant visa, they are looking to cancel any immigrant intent.

Now, there are no set rules to this anyway. A lot of people get visa without zero home ties. If they see genuinety in you based on the visa officers discretion, he/ she would issue you your visa

4 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Chinenye020(f): 2:11pm On Mar 30
Kejilee:
what do you need exactly. how can i be of help

Good afternoon I want to join Whatsapp group for study abroad (USA) . Where I can get help and information and also meet people that are preparing and planning to study abroad.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by OyoTunjiUSA(m): 3:51pm On Mar 30
fearlessfang:
This is wrong. Absolutely wrong. You do not have to prove ties to the country you are applying for visa.

Everyone has to apply for visa outside of US. I renewed my visa first in Mexico and second in Canada.

I do not have ties to those country and visa was issued.

A friend travel to Cameroon for his visa interview and was approved.

Since you are applying for a non-immigrant visa, they are looking to cancel any immigrant intent.

Now, there are no set rules to this anyway. A lot of people get visa without zero home ties. If they see genuinety in you based on the visa officers discretion, he/ she would issue you your visa

Hey 🀠

1. It is not wrong . You are not the one to tell me that Mr Bola Hamed Tinubu is the president of Nigeria . A primary 4 pupil should know that .

2. Ask all your Nigerian clients or anyone you know who are presently applying for an F1 visa to cancel their application and go to Cameroon to go and apply. It is easier to talk than making the action .

3. My elder sister renewed her F1 visa for Msc at UC Berkeley in the UK, she did not have to proof much tie to the UK because she was renewing . Many of her friends were later denied . That is not what i was discussing. I was talking about a first timer.

4. Mention just 3 people who have gotten F1 visa especially Msc and phd with zero home ties ...single, no family , he or she is not working , his or her parents are dead (zero home tie ).

*** Call out 3 people with evidences . I will transfer 50k to you (in public) for data subscription as your Easter gift.

5. Post your misleading USA visa policies on a new thread sir . Stop twisting my opinions.

Best Wishes πŸ™
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by OyoTunjiUSA(m): 4:02pm On Mar 30
Chinenye020:

Good afternoon I want to join Whatsapp group for study abroad (USA) . Where I can get help and information and also meet people that are preparing and planning to study abroad.

Hey 🀠

1. Don't join any WhatsApp or Online group where they will be teaching different categories of visa applicants the same things .

2. Joining group will complicate your visa application and makes you funerable to extortion . Besides, any group that cannot evidently show you 6 visa success out of 10 is a failed group.

3. The best group is this place . I (OyotunjiUSA), together with so many people on this general thread are far knowledgeable than those teachers you are going to meet in those group. GO BACK TO THE BEGINNING OF THIS THREAD. You will get more than what you want .

Best Wishes πŸ™

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (499) (500) (501) (502) (503) (504) (505) ... (527) (Reply)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy.

Viewing this topic: magnikops, linsa01(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.