Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,053 members, 7,810,932 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:40 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 - Travel (501) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 (673918 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (498) (499) (500) (501) (502) (503) (504) ... (527) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by OyoTunjiUSA(m): 10:26pm On Mar 25
ijmildy:
I had been denied Student Visa in 2023 April and preparing for Interview in May. I just realised that I did not fill all my past work experiences in the 2023 DS160 as I only mentioned my current job and immediate past job. I wish to know If I can go ahead to indicate the previous work experiences I did not mention earlier.

Hey 🤠

1. Yes you can fill another DS -160 and input any additional info you want but you have to update your cgi profile and reprint another visa appointment letter .

2. However, you should focus on proving ties to your country , post study plans, and how to impress the consular on that day.

Best Wishes 🙏
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by TWoods(m): 5:16am On Mar 26
Ayosharon4321:
HELLO HOUSE,

A follow up to my post concerning the university that assured me admission for summer, it’s university of Wisconsin Milwaukee. I’ve been researching and just seen that it’s not black friendly. Please where are danger zones for blacks? And where’s more safer(states/cities smiley)
Thanks

Compared to Milwaukee, Nigeria is way worse for blacks.

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by CORPSEFUCKER: 8:58am On Mar 26
Ayosharon4321:
HELLO HOUSE,

A follow up to my post concerning the university that assured me admission for summer, it’s university of Wisconsin Milwaukee. I’ve been researching and just seen that it’s not black friendly. Please where are danger zones for blacks? And where’s more safer(states/cities smiley)
Thanks

Baltimore, Detroit, Albuquerque, Cleveland, Memphis, Oakland, and Buffalo

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by crusader6(m): 9:37am On Mar 26
Please how long does it take for form DS 2019 to be approve in the US.. mine was submitted since last week Monday, I haven't gotten any response from my school since then.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by JohnZak: 3:07pm On Mar 26
Send them a follow-up email. Your DS2019 form can literally be generated in a day. It is all about inputting your details in the SEVIS system and generating the form. It can also be emailed to you or your can ask them to send it by courier to you.

crusader6:
Please how long does it take for form DS 2019 to be approve in the US.. mine was submitted since last week Monday, I haven't gotten any response from my school since then.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Saviouro: 7:13am On Mar 27
JMK456:
If you need a date in lag, I can help you. Just tag this message, let's help you
hello mate, please I need an interview date in lagos for b2, suppose to travel by December this year
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Younggee19: 8:23am On Mar 27
Please help, my friend was denied F1 visa but her portal is still showing your passport is with the consulate/embassy, how long till it clears? She wants to schedule another appointment.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Chinenye020(f): 9:51am On Mar 27
Good morning everyone

Am new here. Please I need help on how to get full funding for masters/PhD in the US.

And i would love to join Whatsapp groups where I can get informations .
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Mjosh1000(m): 10:05am On Mar 27
How long is this suppose to take before I can be able to pick a date for an interview?

I filled out the form last week Friday and input the payment reference number, still got nothing till now[

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Debbieeeeeee: 10:19am On Mar 27
Mjosh1000:
How long is this suppose to take before I can be able to pick a date for an interview?

I filled out the form last week Friday and input the payment reference number, still got nothing till now[
They’ll email you once they approve your appointment scheduling request

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Ammydee: 11:00am On Mar 27
Hello House, this is a follow up to my post in October last year. I am quoting it so that you have a background knowledge of my first attempt at the US Embassy. I am going for another interview now and this is what has changed so far.

1. My deficit has reduced from $42,000 to $38,000
2. My employer is only paying the school fees deficit itself of $16,000
3. My I20 states my husband and family will be paying the remaining COA of $22,000 to cover my living expenses, health and books.
4. I have personal funds of my own and my salary has increased considerably.
5. I have a Bond Agreement notarized at the Notary Public of Nigeria and a study leave approval letter.
6. I have established a prior relationship with my employer, as i have included the fact that i interned with my employer during my academic breaks as an undergraduate intern and graduate intern. Thus while my full time relationship has only been from 2021. I have over 7 years relationship with my employer.

Are there any other things i should take note of?

Ammydee:
First Attempt, Denied
Consulate: Lagos
Date: October 30th 2023
VO: plump white lady in window 2
COA: $77,000
Scholarship: $35000
Deficit: $42,000
Sponsor: Employer

VO: what do you do ?
Me: I work as a lawyer in the corporate and commercial law department of ****, a law firm.
VO: Are you married
Me : yes, I am
VO: How long have you worked for your company
Me: I have worked with my firm since 2021
VO: That is 2 years and How much do you earn ?
Me: I earn ****
VO: You’ve worked for only two years and earn this amount, why do they want to spend so much money on your education ?
Me: overtime I have contributed tremendously to the growth of the firm and surpasses my KPI last year by over 25%……
VO: cuts me short……i am not convinced as to why they will want to sponsor your education as what you earn does not tally with the amount they are willing to spend. Unfortunately I will not be approving your visa.

The company is actually sponsoring but I did not have the time to sufficient explain the structure of the funding.
It’s an Advanced Training Scheme, which requires me to sign a bond that I will come back to work for the firm for 3 years upon completion of the degree or pay the total amount the firm spent in the training.

They are paying the remaining school fees, which is about $28k

While the room and board will be sorted out by my husband

Unfortunately I didn’t put my husband in my 1-20 as a co-sponsor, so I decided not to mention it to the VO

My questions are:
1. How soon can I reapply? I was thinking of reapplying this week, and hopefully get another date in late November or December as I’m supposed to resume in January.
2. How do I convince the VO that my office is actually sponsoring, will the bond agreement suffice?

Thank you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by OyoTunjiUSA(m): 12:06pm On Mar 27
Younggee19:
Please help, my friend was denied F1 visa but her portal is still showing your passport is with the consulate/embassy, how long till it clears? She wants to schedule another appointment.

Hey 🤠

1. Don't worry , her portal will auto-update to default (back to normal as it was before she even bought the MRV) within 2 days or so.

2. The inscription " your passport is still with the embassy is automatic arrangement by the embassy themselves (usually in the morning of your interview day). Let's assume that your visa is approved , you still have to leave your passport with the embassy and go to your DHL location for pick up in few days later .

3. She is free to go and pay another MRV (Visa fee) , fill another DS 160 , and schedule another appointment.

Best Wishes 🙏

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Chinenye020(f): 12:23pm On Mar 27
Good afternoon everyone. Please I need help on how to get full funding for Masters/PhD program in USA.

I also need assistant on how to join Whatsapp groups that will be helpful to me.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Kejilee(m): 12:33pm On Mar 27
what do you need exactly. how can i be of help
Chinenye020:
Good afternoon everyone. Please I need help on how to get full funding for Masters/PhD program in USA.

I also need assistant on how to join Whatsapp groups that will be helpful to me.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Younggee19: 12:36pm On Mar 27
OyoTunjiUSA:

Hey 🤠

1. Don't worry , her portal will auto-update to default (back to normal as it was before she even bought the MRV) within 2 days or so.

2. The inscription " your passport is still with the embassy is automatic arrangement by the embassy themselves (usually in the morning of your interview day). Let's assume that your visa is approved , you still have to leave your passport with the embassy and go to your DHL location for pick up in few days later .

3. She is free to go and pay another MRV (Visa fee) , fill another DS 160 , and schedule another appointment.

Best Wishes 🙏

Thank you.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by OyoTunjiUSA(m): 12:44pm On Mar 27
Ammydee:
Hello House, this is a follow up to my post in October last year. I am quoting it so that you have a background knowledge of my first attempt at the US Embassy. I am going for another interview now and this is what has changed so far.

1. My deficit has reduced from $42,000 to $38,000
2. My employer is only paying the school fees deficit itself of $16,000
3. My I20 states my husband and family will be paying the remaining COA of $22,000 to cover my living expenses, health and books.
4. I have personal funds of my own and my salary has increased considerably.
5. I have a Bond Agreement notarized at the Notary Public of Nigeria and a study leave approval letter.
6. I have established a prior relationship with my employer, as i have included the fact that i interned with my employer during my academic breaks as an undergraduate intern and graduate intern. Thus while my full time relationship has only been from 2021. I have over 7 years relationship with my employer.

Are there any other things i should take note of?

Hey 🤠

1. The only thing i will mark as changed so far in your new visa application is the Employment Bond Agreement you are presenting and that document would be useless on the day of your interview if the consular does not request for it. ** You have to flunt it with style , perhaps in order to draw the VO's attention to it .

2. You aligned your visa application very well in your 1st - attempt by naming your employer as your sponsor. Now, you have complicated the scenario by naming your hubby and family as Co-Sponsor in your Form -I 20.

3. The bad implication of naming your husband and your family as co-sponsor along with your employer is that ; You and your family have coerced your employer to sponsor you or begged your employer to sponsor you .

4. Naturally , if your skill is needed by your employer in the future (upon graduation) as a result of your archievements within the 2 years ( as you claimed ), then your employer does not need to pally or collaborate with any one financially in order to sponsor you , otherwise, your employer is not big enough and financially incapable to sponsor your advanced study abroad .

5. In your last interview , the VO told you to Shut Up ! When you said :

Me: overtime I have contributed tremendously to the growth of the firm and surpasses my KPI last year by over 25%……

*** You cannot achieve the above stated within 2 years in your organisation (VO's mind). That 2 years is too small, hence the VO's decision to interrupted you.

6. The complication in your Form I 20 (merging family as co-sponsor) is already a fait accompli. Just be positive and pray and communicate your case to the consular in a convincing ways.

Best Wishes 🙏

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Ammydee: 1:10pm On Mar 27
Hi, thank you so much for your response.

I have not submitted my Ds160 yet and I will be so grateful if I can discuss privately with you as to all of the things I have put in place towards my second attempt.

Thank you very much.

OyoTunjiUSA:

Hey 🤠

1. The only thing i will mark as changed so far in your new visa application is the Employment Bond Agreement you are presenting and that document would be useless on the day of your interview if the consular does not request for it. ** You have to flunt it with style , perhaps in order to draw the VO's attention to it .

2. You aligned your visa application very well in your 1st - attempt by naming your employer as your sponsor. Now, you have complicated the scenario by naming your hubby and family as Co-Sponsor in your Form -I 20.

3. The bad implication of naming your husband and your family as co-sponsor along with your employer is that ; You and your family have coerced your employer to sponsor you or begged your employer to sponsor you .

4. Naturally , if your skill is needed by your employer in the future (upon graduation) as a result of your archievements within the 2 years ( as you claimed ), then your employer does not need to pally or collaborate with any one financially in order to sponsor you , otherwise, your employer is not big enough and financially incapable to sponsor your advanced study abroad .

5. In your last interview , the VO told you to Shut Up ! When you said :

*** You cannot achieve the above stated within 2 years in your organisation (VO's mind). That 2 years is too small, hence the VO's decision to interrupted you.

6. The complication in your Form I 20 (merging family as co-sponsor) is already a fait accompli. Just be positive and pray and communicate your case to the consular in a convincing ways.

Best Wishes 🙏
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by OyoTunjiUSA(m): 1:59pm On Mar 27
Ammydee:
Hi, thank you so much for your response.

I have not submitted my Ds160 yet and I will be so grateful if I can discuss privately with you as to all of the things I have put in place towards my second attempt.

Thank you very much.

Hey 🤠

1. Leave your email or WhatsApp # if you want to have a private discussion with me . I will reach out .

Best Wishes 🙏
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Ammydee: 2:28pm On Mar 27
I sent an email request to you via your profile.

Alternatively I can be reached on glambydanielle01@gmail.com

Thank you

OyoTunjiUSA:

Hey 🤠

1. Leave your email or WhatsApp # if you want to have a private discussion with me . I will reach out .

Best Wishes 🙏
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by EnuOse23: 4:06pm On Mar 27
OyoTunjiUSA:

Hi. I also have something important to discuss with you. I Will appreciate your response. This is my . Thanks in anticipation.

Best Wishes 🙏
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by sandammy(m): 4:42pm On Mar 27
Abeg make Una help me with my issue.
I'm able to secure admission to bridegport with a $4000 merit scholarship. My program tuition is $35,390 which makes my deficit to be roughly $32k.

I'm trying to secure an account for proof of fund for issuance of form I-20 but my question is, hope this deficit won't raise a concern with the VO?
Resumption is said to be early September.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Phraser: 10:25pm On Mar 27
Somatohadidas:

Check here. Disregard the prices (exchange rates ish) here. It was written some years ago.

Hello. I trust you are well. Please I need your counsel. I want to know if, while awaiting the arrival of the I-20 form, I could pay the visa fee? Given the volatile exchange rate, I would like to pay the visa fee as soon as I can.

I hope to hear from you soon. Thanks.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by JejeIsLife: 10:40pm On Mar 27
Hello,

i went to Gt bank to inquire for F visa fee price, to my suprise i found out they are selling for $185 = 333000 @ 1800 to $1. This is too exorbitant, is there a place where i can get it cheaper.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Mjosh1000(m): 7:36am On Mar 28
JejeIsLife:
Hello,

i went to Gt bank to inquire for F visa fee price, to my suprise i found out they are selling for $185 = 333000 @ 1800 to $1. This is too exorbitant, is there a place where i can get it cheaper.

Thats the price, you can't see it cheaper anywhere, I would suggest you wait till April, I strongly hope they will review the rate since naira is about 1300

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Debbieeeeeee: 8:22am On Mar 28
JejeIsLife:
Hello,

Gtbank is the only bank that can take your visa fee and they’re not the ones who review the rates it is the embassy. Wait for sometime they may review it downwards.
There’s no one who can sell to you cheaper and they also don’t take usd you have to pay Naira.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Phraser: 9:26am On Mar 28
Could someone please answer this?

Phraser:

Hello. I trust you are well. Please I need your counsel. I want to know if, while awaiting the arrival of the I-20 form, I could pay the visa fee? Given the volatile exchange rate, I would like to pay the visa fee as soon as I can.

I hope to hear from you soon. Thanks.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Mjosh1000(m): 11:10am On Mar 28
Phraser:
Could someone please answer this?

You can't, cos while filling out your DS160 form you will need some information that's on your I-20 like your sevis number, and you will need the confirmation number after filling your DS160 form to process your visa profile.

So you will need to wait for your I-20 to arrive before you can proceed

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Benuloh(m): 11:21am On Mar 28
Good morning Guys, I need your advice.

I have an offer for a fully funded PhD program and have requested for my i-20 which will take 3 weeks to arrive. My resumption date is early September and will like to know which embassy in Nigeria will give me a closer date.
I have an aunt in Washington DC who wants me to come stay with her by August before resumption.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Phraser: 12:06pm On Mar 28
Thanks. I'm not talking about completing DS-160, but about paying the visa fee at the bank. Does the bank ask for any information on the DS-160 or I-20?

Mjosh1000:

You can't, cos while filling out your DS160 form you will need some information that's on your I-20 like your sevis number, and you will need the confirmation number after filling your DS160 form to process your visa profile.

So you will need to wait for your I-20 to arrive before you can proceed
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Yemmymo: 1:54pm On Mar 28
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Immunity04: 2:24pm On Mar 28
Hello guys, I'm stocked at this stage on my DS1-60 form. I'm just wondering if I should include my high school information, or just that of my University. Can someone please kindly help me clarify?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by OyoTunjiUSA(m): 2:54pm On Mar 28
Immunity04:
Hello guys, I'm stocked at this stage on my DS1-60 form. I'm just wondering if I should include my high school information, or just that of my University. Can someone please kindly help me clarify?

Hey 🤠

1. Your academic history usually starts from your Seconday (high) school and any other higher or professional certificates or skills you acquired all through phd . Only primary/elementary is usually omitted.

Best Wishes 🙏

(1) (2) (3) ... (498) (499) (500) (501) (502) (503) (504) ... (527) (Reply)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy.

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.