Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,860 members, 7,956,241 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 08:22 AM

Video Of Peter Obi Saying Money Invested In SabMiller Is Worth Almost $100M - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Video Of Peter Obi Saying Money Invested In SabMiller Is Worth Almost $100M (34724 Views)

Y Is Peter Obi Saying Hold Your LG Chairman & Gov / ‘I Never Said Investment In Sabmiller Now Worth $100m’ — Obi Blames ‘One Youth’ / Ifeanyi Onejeme Debunks Fake News About Peter Obi's Investment In SABMiller (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Video Of Peter Obi Saying Money Invested In SabMiller Is Worth Almost $100M by Alex80s(m): 7:41pm On Jun 24, 2022
Mazisimonekpa:
I have been saying it here several times that Peter Obi is a liar and a murderer
anyway no election in 2023 in all Biafraland

Mazi Simon Ekpa

Why are you doing this?

If want Atiku or Tinubu to rule you , vote for them...
Re: Video Of Peter Obi Saying Money Invested In SabMiller Is Worth Almost $100M by shegz24(m): 7:43pm On Jun 24, 2022
kachistone:
That video was made in 2018. The concern now should be if it was true as at then. You can't use a video of 2018 to judge in 2022 because anybody with a knowledge of investment knows that the market can change due to various reasons.

Then he shouldnt have said he never said it but instead mentioned the change in currency value.

The worst part is that ,He went further to blame "one youth"
Re: Video Of Peter Obi Saying Money Invested In SabMiller Is Worth Almost $100M by shegz24(m): 7:46pm On Jun 24, 2022
chinedu234:
Any literate person should convert $20m of 2008 to 2022 value please. If we bought a litre of petrol for #45 as at then and today petrol is at #165/litre. Does it not mean that #45 of 2008 is about #165 of 2022. Simple economics.

Then he shouldnt have said he never said it but instead mentioned the change in currency value.

1 Like

Re: Video Of Peter Obi Saying Money Invested In SabMiller Is Worth Almost $100M by shegz24(m): 7:48pm On Jun 24, 2022
Capuchinho:
He said I invested over $20 million and its worth almost a 100 million..

I'm not a graduate of English language but I understand application and implication of words. 'over' and 'almost' should be noted.

He didn't say the investment is worth a $100m it is almost which means the investment is over $20m and progressively approaching a 100m which it will get there in space and time.

This is a smart and intelligent way to attack Obi, using RHETORICS of you're not saying Obi is lying but "listen to this"

#PeterObiForPresident2023 all the way fam you lost this one to Obi

How on earth is $20m almost $100m biko?

Make una no dey lie to cover this man abeg.

So if your salary is N200k, you will say you earn almost a million naira?

Haba

2 Likes

Re: Video Of Peter Obi Saying Money Invested In SabMiller Is Worth Almost $100M by shegz24(m): 7:49pm On Jun 24, 2022
pandax:
He did not lie folks!

Assumptions: Peter had this interview this year (1$ = N422): official rate

See the analysis below:
If Peter invested $25m in 2008 (1$ = N122)
In 2022 when he had the interview, one dollar was around N422 (cbn rate) or N600(parallel market)

Therefore $25m investment in 2008, will be (422/122)x$25m =$86m (nearly 100m) : using cbn rate OR (600/122)x$25m = $123m : uisng parallel market

He is PROBABLY talking about the equivalent amount of the money he invested in 2008 and not the worth of the investment

1 Like

Re: Video Of Peter Obi Saying Money Invested In SabMiller Is Worth Almost $100M by DannyWalker: 7:53pm On Jun 24, 2022
AnonPoet:
I noticed that the Labor Party Presidential candidate and former governor of Anambra state, Peter Obi blamed youths for saying his investment in SabMiller was $20 million and worth $100 million and he said the statement did not come from him.

Here is a video where Peter Obi with his own mouth said it. I am not saying Peter Obi lied, but this is what he said

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIsgNxeY-9s

Here is where he denied it: https://www.nairaland.com/7194893/never-said-investment-sabmiller-now
you are very stupid... He said almost 100million. What the hell is wrong with you people

1 Like

Re: Video Of Peter Obi Saying Money Invested In SabMiller Is Worth Almost $100M by rollywise(m): 8:03pm On Jun 24, 2022
Joe4real1988:
I'm beginning to dislike educated and uneducated Nigerians bro. If one is educated but tribe and religion beclouds your sense of reasoning, then the person is a fuc:king retard. undecided

It is sad. We don't know when to be serious and when to be face realities. These same supporters of evil looters will come here to complain over the next eight years. They will come online to beg for urgent 2k later. Mad people everywhere

1 Like

Re: Video Of Peter Obi Saying Money Invested In SabMiller Is Worth Almost $100M by Kennitrust(m): 8:08pm On Jun 24, 2022
Today I seen a thread Obi's enemy have been praying for... Lol

But still, he remain the BEST
Re: Video Of Peter Obi Saying Money Invested In SabMiller Is Worth Almost $100M by Capuchinho: 8:21pm On Jun 24, 2022
shegz24:

How on earth is $20m almost $100m biko?

Make una no dey lie to cover this man abeg.

So if your salary is N200k, you will say you earn almost a million naira?

Haba

Bigman use the context at which he's communicating with whoever he was talking with.. So for your village if you invest $20 yesterday next week e go remain for the $20 no profit. Typical of Nigerian situation which people like caused.

No matter how you see it. Every body is a sinner but let's at least give credit and award to those that sin less so it will motivate others to sin less.

I bet you won't comprehend that either
Re: Video Of Peter Obi Saying Money Invested In SabMiller Is Worth Almost $100M by Nobody: 8:29pm On Jun 24, 2022
JoNach:

Na your pikin and generation go continue the suffer wey u leave for them. As you guys as seen as norm and tribalism has clouded your sense of reasoning..
You Will never know peace all the days of your life , for the insult on my kids and generation, your will suffer for ever until you reverse what you typed. So shall it be you will from today continue to toil and never find peace,

All your labor will continue to be in vain as for what you typed to me and saying, it not my portion I'll not leave suffering for my children and my generation. But for you, peace and happiness will depart from your household...

Untop who will be the next president? na WA for you o
Re: Video Of Peter Obi Saying Money Invested In SabMiller Is Worth Almost $100M by Nobody: 8:31pm On Jun 24, 2022
Simplythebest:
Suffering never tire u
What give you the assurance obi will be different?
Also what makes you think tinubu will not be an exemption from the others? he has a legacy to continue..

1 Like

Re: Video Of Peter Obi Saying Money Invested In SabMiller Is Worth Almost $100M by OmoEpe(m): 8:32pm On Jun 24, 2022
This guy needs a STRONG DELIVERANCE SESSION with a combination of Pastor Adeboye, Pastor Olukoya and Bishop Oyedepo,to be preceeded by a 40 days dry fast in order to deliver him from the DEMONIC LYING STRONGHOLD that has embedded his life.

Lies to Peter Obi is what oxygen is to a Norma man. He can never survive honesty.

1 Like

Re: Video Of Peter Obi Saying Money Invested In SabMiller Is Worth Almost $100M by chinedu234(m): 9:35pm On Jun 24, 2022
shegz24:

J

My understanding of his statement is same as what I stated above. There is nothing wrong with that assertion and the misinterpretation by some people is just unfortunate.
Re: Video Of Peter Obi Saying Money Invested In SabMiller Is Worth Almost $100M by laughitall(m): 9:57pm On Jun 24, 2022
We can’t make a liar our president .. obi has failed ..

2 Likes

Re: Video Of Peter Obi Saying Money Invested In SabMiller Is Worth Almost $100M by Simplythebest: 10:19pm On Jun 24, 2022
Legacy of Buhari abi. Legacy of insecurity, poverty capital of the world, how much is dollar now, ASUU strike, more corruption, power failure and more. U still believe that Buhari is a messier
081087n:

What give you the assurance obi will be different?
Also what makes you think tinubu will not be an exemption from the others? he has a legacy to continue..
Re: Video Of Peter Obi Saying Money Invested In SabMiller Is Worth Almost $100M by Royle4: 10:47pm On Jun 24, 2022
zionstaar75:
this is the problem with Nigerians, no difference between obi ,infact am not voting again after this. In yoruba there is an adage whoever lies will still, u were caught lieing on video and u are denying it and ure saying did he still.i withdraw my support from him from today. I can't vote atiku and tinubu so I won't vote. What nonsense, do we look like fools?

Don't. When we say Obi is not a Saint, you thought we were telling proverbs? You think we are running a Jesus and his disciples programme here? You are looking for perfection. You go tey for this game. Bro, as I am talking to you now, on that voting day, jars out, if the mind go gree you, vote tinubu. The power of this nation's ship is in your hands now. Visit my main post you go see say i don change am. But if you want, vote tinubu sha me i don dust my IELTS. Infact.

BAT 2023.
Re: Video Of Peter Obi Saying Money Invested In SabMiller Is Worth Almost $100M by Nobody: 10:49pm On Jun 24, 2022
Simplythebest:
Legacy of Buhari abi. Legacy of insecurity, poverty capital of the world, how much is dollar now, ASUU strike, more corruption, power failure and more. U still believe that Buhari is a messier

Am seeing things from the perceptions of what has been done through the governor he has provided in lagos and his impact nation wide...

I don't think buhari was tinubu's puppet, it was just a merger, am sure jagaban will be pissed with the way buhari handle APC. I don't think obi will have any good thing to offer than jagaban

1 Like

Re: Video Of Peter Obi Saying Money Invested In SabMiller Is Worth Almost $100M by Chrismania100: 10:52pm On Jun 24, 2022
He said the investment worth nearly $100m, not $100m.You guys understanding of English is 2nd to none

OkutaNla:
Lol. Yet he's come out to claim he didn't say that, and that it was 'a youth' that said it.

https://www.thecable.ng/i-never-said-investment-in-sabmiller-now-worth-100m-obi-blames-one-youth-for-misinformation/amp

He and those 'youth' he's blaming fit each other because they lie a lot -- same cult of youths wey dey play dirty in their efforts to sell his candidacy. E never see anything. Truth is, Obi has inherited the ruthless ipob propaganda/lying-machinery that is reputed for its efficient proliferation of lies. It has benefited him to a large extent but then again what goes up must come down (law of diminishing returns).

They're going to tell more lies on his behalf as the election draws nearer. He should just be prepared to do a lot more damage control.
Re: Video Of Peter Obi Saying Money Invested In SabMiller Is Worth Almost $100M by Simplythebest: 11:04pm On Jun 24, 2022
The same Tinubu that will continue with Buhari legacy and achievements. Feeding 50 millions of youths recruited into military with cone
081087n:

Am seeing things from the perceptions of what has been done through the governor he has provided in lagos and his impact nation wide...

I don't think buhari was tinubu's puppet, it was just a merger, am sure jagaban will be pissed with the way buhari handle APC. I don't think obi will have any good thing to offer than jagaban
Re: Video Of Peter Obi Saying Money Invested In SabMiller Is Worth Almost $100M by Yugoos: 11:04pm On Jun 24, 2022
Even the blind can see that video was doctored. Check the lip movement against the audio. Don't believe everything you seed on the internet
Re: Video Of Peter Obi Saying Money Invested In SabMiller Is Worth Almost $100M by Nobody: 11:16pm On Jun 24, 2022
Simplythebest:
The same Tinubu that will continue with Buhari legacy and achievements. Feeding 50 millions of youths recruited into military with cone
Sir I want you to understand that in this game there's propaganda . Do you really think he said he do such. I believe tho that he has good intentions.
Re: Video Of Peter Obi Saying Money Invested In SabMiller Is Worth Almost $100M by plaindealer: 11:21pm On Jun 24, 2022
shegz24:

Obviously, the man saw the error in his statement aka lies and he effectively took it back by denying his own lies while blaming it on some invisible youth so why are you fighting over what the man himself is running away from?

Must you do abobaku enter grave or are you a better liar than Obi Pandora himself, the world's greatest liar?
Re: Video Of Peter Obi Saying Money Invested In SabMiller Is Worth Almost $100M by Simplythebest: 11:22pm On Jun 24, 2022
He did i watch the video infact the live own. My brother we need someone that will move this country forward and i think Tinubu have all it takes, he is very rich and can afford 20 Bullion Vans but we need someone who can change things. Tinubu is not physical and and mentally fit for this country. Am sure u also aware of the drug allegations against him and he never denied any of them. Assuming is Osibanjo i don't have problem but Tinubu will only make this country worst ionequote author=081087n post=114129535]
Sir I want you to understand that in this game there's propaganda . Do you really think he said he do such. I believe tho that he has good intentions.[/quote]
Re: Video Of Peter Obi Saying Money Invested In SabMiller Is Worth Almost $100M by Nobody: 11:25pm On Jun 24, 2022
Simplythebest:
He did i watch the video infact the live own. My brother we need someone that will move this country forward and i think Tinubu have all it takes, he is very rich and can afford 20 Bullion Vans but we need someone who can change things. Tinubu is not physical and and mentally fit for this country. Am sure u also aware of the drug allegations against him and he never denied any of them. Assuming is Osibanjo i don't have problem but Tinubu will only make this country worst ionequote author=081087n post=114129535]
Sir I want you to understand that in this game there's propaganda . Do you really think he said he do such. I believe tho that he has good intentions.

I get your point sir now I can understand we both after the interest and growth of the country , I pray the best and worthy candidate wins. Thanks for your time sir .
Re: Video Of Peter Obi Saying Money Invested In SabMiller Is Worth Almost $100M by Simplythebest: 11:27pm On Jun 24, 2022
Amen
081087n:

I get your point sir now I can understand we both after the interest and growth of the country , I pray the best and worthy candidate wins. Thanks for your time sir .
Re: Video Of Peter Obi Saying Money Invested In SabMiller Is Worth Almost $100M by JoNach: 12:15am On Jun 25, 2022
081087n:

You Will never know peace all the days of your life , for the insult on my kids and generation, your will suffer for ever until you reverse what you typed. So shall it be you will from today continue to toil and never find peace,

All your labor will continue to be in vain as for what you typed to me and saying, it not my portion I'll not leave suffering for my children and my generation. But for you, peace and happiness will depart from your household...

Untop who will be the next president? na WA for you o

Is not all about swear or whatever, if you vote the wrong person because of tribalism, suffer will follow you automatically to your next generation is as simple as that !!!!not swear.. so don't get me wrong . Use your sense, think of your kids and generations future and vote wisely, simple. As for me..I'm made and blessed in Canada, so help yourself.
Re: Video Of Peter Obi Saying Money Invested In SabMiller Is Worth Almost $100M by SpecialEdition: 12:15am On Jun 25, 2022
Lagos state govt, since 2020, has increased the rate it pays to Alpha Beta LLC, from ₦800m to ₦2.5B.

Buses in Lagos are taxed ₦800/daily making it ₦288,000/annually.

Lagosians are the ones financing Bola Tinubu's campaign. 50% of Lagos state revenue comes from taxation.
Re: Video Of Peter Obi Saying Money Invested In SabMiller Is Worth Almost $100M by eldav(m): 12:40am On Jun 25, 2022
Una no get talk
Re: Video Of Peter Obi Saying Money Invested In SabMiller Is Worth Almost $100M by AK481(m): 1:04am On Jun 25, 2022
That was in 2018 .why didn't you put that .

Fool

Then he was correct .
Re: Video Of Peter Obi Saying Money Invested In SabMiller Is Worth Almost $100M by Nobody: 1:57am On Jun 25, 2022
JoNach:

Is not all about swear or whatever, if you vote the wrong person because of tribalism, suffer will follow you automatically to your next generation is as simple as that !!!!not swear.. so don't get me wrong . Use your sense, think of your kids and generations future and vote wisely, simple. As for me..I'm made and blessed in Canada, so help yourself.
If you like be in heaven. You can be anywhere and be unfortunate you'll hear from me just wait and see if you want to be a nuisance don't direct it to me. You're not blessed oo your beign unfortunate just begin anything you say or will ever say will against me will be yours and your generations to come
Re: Video Of Peter Obi Saying Money Invested In SabMiller Is Worth Almost $100M by Wahala90: 2:47am On Jun 25, 2022
Stop looking for faults. Peter Obi is perfect. Go kill yourself. Tinubu the drug addict, bullion van thief, old criminal is going to lose this election. Go and die.
Re: Video Of Peter Obi Saying Money Invested In SabMiller Is Worth Almost $100M by sweetgala(m): 5:14am On Jun 25, 2022
dway2life:
Did he steal the money? No!

He made an investment and it was worth ALMOST 100million as at that time...

Then why is it worth low now? I'll mention some factors

- Hisbah police destroying a lot of brewery investment till today

- Buhari happened.. naira/Dollar rate became outrageous

Therefore are you blaming obi who invested or you ought to blame Buhari and his brothers who continues to make Nigeria a nightmare..

Una go get sense sha!

It was never worth 100m in the lifetime of the investment. He used government money to fund a company he had a personal stake in and called it investment.
His hero beer which he claims he owned was a part of the distilleries owned by the same conglomerate SABmiller so is that not conflict of interest

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Ahmad Salkida, Journalist Wanted By Army, Who Knows Boko Haram Inside Out / Atiku And Wife, Titi Cast Their Votes / It Doesn't Take Decades To Fight Corruption, Rwandan President Tells Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.