Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,072 members, 7,821,681 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:49 PM

Video Of Peter Obi Saying Money Invested In SabMiller Is Worth Almost $100M - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Video Of Peter Obi Saying Money Invested In SabMiller Is Worth Almost $100M (34227 Views)

Y Is Peter Obi Saying Hold Your LG Chairman & Gov / ‘I Never Said Investment In Sabmiller Now Worth $100m’ — Obi Blames ‘One Youth’ / Ifeanyi Onejeme Debunks Fake News About Peter Obi's Investment In SABMiller (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Video Of Peter Obi Saying Money Invested In SabMiller Is Worth Almost $100M by Opolopoopolonio: 3:32pm On Jun 24, 2022
Piggidddiooottts amaka o

1 Like

Re: Video Of Peter Obi Saying Money Invested In SabMiller Is Worth Almost $100M by Masterito(m): 3:32pm On Jun 24, 2022
Keep trying harder to spoil his name
AnonPoet:
I noticed that Labor Party Presidential candidate and former governor of Anambra blame youths for saying his investment in SabMiller was $20 million and worth $100 million as he says the statement did not come from him.

Here is a video where Peter Obi with his own mouth said it. I am not saying Peter Obi lied, but this is what he said

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIsgNxeY-9s

Here is where he denied it: https://www.nairaland.com/7194893/never-said-investment-sabmiller-now
Re: Video Of Peter Obi Saying Money Invested In SabMiller Is Worth Almost $100M by anonimi: 3:32pm On Jun 24, 2022
surevik:
No amount of propaganda will make me hate him... My family and friends are voting for him

Where is the propaganda in what he said on video

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Video Of Peter Obi Saying Money Invested In SabMiller Is Worth Almost $100M by Deepsky(m): 3:32pm On Jun 24, 2022
People can be this daft? So you don't know the difference between almost hundred, hundred and over hundred?
Did he say it's worth 100m?he said almost 100m

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Video Of Peter Obi Saying Money Invested In SabMiller Is Worth Almost $100M by Golan007: 3:33pm On Jun 24, 2022
gasparpisciotta:
I once said that Peter Obi will soon be demystified

grin

Funniest thing I've seen in a while.

2 Likes

Re: Video Of Peter Obi Saying Money Invested In SabMiller Is Worth Almost $100M by surevik(f): 3:33pm On Jun 24, 2022
When was this video made, and why was it brought up?
anonimi:

Where is the propaganda in what he said on video

1 Like

Re: Video Of Peter Obi Saying Money Invested In SabMiller Is Worth Almost $100M by anonimi: 3:33pm On Jun 24, 2022
AnonPoet:
I noticed that Labor Party Presidential candidate and former governor of Anambra blame youths for saying his investment in SabMiller was $20 million and worth $100 million as he says the statement did not come from him.

Here is a video where Peter Obi with his own mouth said it. I am not saying Peter Obi lied, but this is what he said

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIsgNxeY-9s

Here is where he denied it: https://www.nairaland.com/7194893/never-said-investment-sabmiller-now

You don't have to say he lied since we all can see & hear him tell the lies with his own mouth. wink
A serial liar and rogue for that matter pretending to be a saint.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Video Of Peter Obi Saying Money Invested In SabMiller Is Worth Almost $100M by anonimi: 3:35pm On Jun 24, 2022
surevik:
When was this video made, and why was it brought up?

Do you mean when did Him-Tu-Lie open his mouth to utter garbage falsehood? Or what is your question really

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Video Of Peter Obi Saying Money Invested In SabMiller Is Worth Almost $100M by chinedu234(m): 3:35pm On Jun 24, 2022
Any literate person should convert $20m of 2008 to 2022 value please. If we bought a litre of petrol for #45 as at then and today petrol is at #165/litre. Does it not mean that #45 of 2008 is about #165 of 2022. Simple economics.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Video Of Peter Obi Saying Money Invested In SabMiller Is Worth Almost $100M by Capuchinho: 3:35pm On Jun 24, 2022
He said I invested over $20 million and its worth almost a 100 million..

I'm not a graduate of English language but I understand application and implication of words. 'over' and 'almost' should be noted.

He didn't say the investment is worth a $100m it is almost which means the investment is over $20m and progressively approaching a 100m which it will get there in space and time.

This is a smart and intelligent way to attack Obi, using RHETORICS of you're not saying Obi is lying but "listen to this"

#PeterObiForPresident2023 all the way fam you lost this one to Obi

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Video Of Peter Obi Saying Money Invested In SabMiller Is Worth Almost $100M by Dshocker(m): 3:37pm On Jun 24, 2022
Ade3131:

How much is almost $100m to you?

Gimme the figure and round it up to the nearest whole.

I should give you a figure, the one he mentioned or the one he didn't mention?
Re: Video Of Peter Obi Saying Money Invested In SabMiller Is Worth Almost $100M by chloride6: 3:38pm On Jun 24, 2022
Omo nawa ooh

grin

1 Like

Re: Video Of Peter Obi Saying Money Invested In SabMiller Is Worth Almost $100M by surevik(f): 3:38pm On Jun 24, 2022
Please go and sleep you not worthy of my reply
anonimi:

Do you mean when did Him Tu Lie open his mouth to utter garbage falsehood? Or what is your question really
Re: Video Of Peter Obi Saying Money Invested In SabMiller Is Worth Almost $100M by Youngzedd(m): 3:41pm On Jun 24, 2022
Which year was that video made?
Re: Video Of Peter Obi Saying Money Invested In SabMiller Is Worth Almost $100M by bobntu: 3:42pm On Jun 24, 2022
How come that of all the 18 or so presidential candidates, everyone seems to be fixated on what Obi said or did not say?
It only suggests one thing - Obi is the man to beat!
Luckily for him, while his detractors are preoccupied in scooping out the minutest of contradiction in anything he ever said in life, not one person has yet accused him of appropriating public funds to himself as is the case with the other leading opponents.
Indeed OBIdience is better than sacrifice!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Video Of Peter Obi Saying Money Invested In SabMiller Is Worth Almost $100M by InoGetJoy: 3:44pm On Jun 24, 2022
Elemosho478:
He hasn't become the president yet and he is lying wantonly like this, what if he become the president? grin
Tinubu said he'll make 1₦ = $1 and you cretins cheered him on.
Tinubu is the master of lies. Tinubu will NEVER be President of this country

3 Likes

Re: Video Of Peter Obi Saying Money Invested In SabMiller Is Worth Almost $100M by Diligence: 3:44pm On Jun 24, 2022
Point of Correction: It's almost $100MUSD of course before Buhari happened to Nigeria.

Ask Dangote, he wld narrate how emergence of Bubu so diminished the worth of his investment from hundreds of millions of dollars to much less...

By the way, we remain FOCUSED!
Re: Video Of Peter Obi Saying Money Invested In SabMiller Is Worth Almost $100M by rollywise(m): 3:44pm On Jun 24, 2022
Thinkam:
The topic currently on front page is mischievous, Obi never said he didn't make this very statement... The disclaimer on FP was a statement by Obi media aide, the blaming of the youth grin, Organic Campaign or Support can't work in Nigeria Elections.
The way SWAGA dey attack Obi, person go think say Obi na major Contender for this election.

Meanwhile

I respect Peter Obi because he knows how to read the room, eventually he will come back to reality and withdraw from the presidential race..

The same way he read the situation during PDP primaries, he will realistically analyze the outcome of this election, especially if the third force merger fails, and he will withdraw from the race.

2023 is strictly between two failures, Nigeria will never get better.

Ozuooooor

1 Like

Re: Video Of Peter Obi Saying Money Invested In SabMiller Is Worth Almost $100M by pandax: 3:46pm On Jun 24, 2022
He did not lie folks!

Assumptions: Peter had this interview this year (1$ = N422): official rate

See the analysis below:
If Peter invested $25m in 2008 (1$ = N122)
In 2022 when he had the interview, one dollar was around N422 (cbn rate) or N600(parallel market)

Therefore $25m investment in 2008, will be (422/122)x$25m =$86m (nearly 100m) : using cbn rate OR (600/122)x$25m = $123m : uisng parallel market

He is PROBABLY talking about the equivalent amount of the money he invested in 2008 and not the worth of the investment

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Video Of Peter Obi Saying Money Invested In SabMiller Is Worth Almost $100M by mycar: 3:47pm On Jun 24, 2022
comprehension is a problem in Nigeria, The rebuttal is about Soludo saying and not about Obi. People can twist something, as at the time Obi made that claim, the stock was worth more than what it is today, why was it not fact checked that time?

1 Like

Re: Video Of Peter Obi Saying Money Invested In SabMiller Is Worth Almost $100M by kanisuru23(m): 3:47pm On Jun 24, 2022
grin
Thinkam:
The topic currently on front page is mischievous, Obi never said he didn't make this very statement... The disclaimer on FP was a statement by Obi media aide, the blaming of the youth grin, Organic Campaign or Support can't work in Nigeria Elections.
The way SWAGA dey attack Obi, person go think say Obi na major Contender for this election.

Meanwhile

I respect Peter Obi because he knows how to read the room, eventually he will come back to reality and withdraw from the presidential race..

The same way he read the situation during PDP primaries, he will realistically analyze the outcome of this election, especially if the third force merger fails, and he will withdraw from the race.

Re: Video Of Peter Obi Saying Money Invested In SabMiller Is Worth Almost $100M by Nobody: 3:47pm On Jun 24, 2022
At lease we are arguing about investment and not looted funds, show me anyone your tribe or religion that we can sit an argue about money he/she investment for his state, absolutely no one

5 Likes

Re: Video Of Peter Obi Saying Money Invested In SabMiller Is Worth Almost $100M by ponishah: 3:47pm On Jun 24, 2022
Royle4:
He(Anambra) is not the sole owner of Sabmiller but the largest share. others are taking 1,2,3,4%. Collectively, Sabmiller is worth over 100mil.
Anambra is not the majority shareholder
Re: Video Of Peter Obi Saying Money Invested In SabMiller Is Worth Almost $100M by gigabyte13: 3:48pm On Jun 24, 2022
ArmaniUhuru:
Area don go dig everywhere with shovels grin grin grin

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
U go fear digging, Nigerians no just get joy for anybody.... Irrespective of who or what you are.

1 Like

Re: Video Of Peter Obi Saying Money Invested In SabMiller Is Worth Almost $100M by rollywise(m): 3:48pm On Jun 24, 2022
Fools everywhere. In a sane nation, a man like Obi will be begged to come lead this nation out of the pit it is currently. But rather we still find ways to discredit him. Nigeria deserves the leaders and the suffering they get I swear. He said it's almost a hundred million and that means anything from zero to hundred. It's not his fault that naira depreciated against the dollar. That's d failure of this administration. Let's keep playing tribal, religious and party politics till it leads us to our grave as a nation

4 Likes

Re: Video Of Peter Obi Saying Money Invested In SabMiller Is Worth Almost $100M by toujurs: 3:50pm On Jun 24, 2022
He said almost na, haba it's an estimate. How did he lie. Walaihi our educational system in this country is getting worst.

Atleast he invest, which governor invested even a million dollar for their state. Peter obi is the man.

If you like suffering, and would like your children to inherit poverty. No wahala you can support your tinubu. Your vote is your right.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Video Of Peter Obi Saying Money Invested In SabMiller Is Worth Almost $100M by Diligence: 3:50pm On Jun 24, 2022
I remember COMPREHENSION was taught in Primary school, but many still did not dig it...

Almost $100 M USD,WHAT is that you do not understand?

Let's remain FOCUSED.

23 years of PDP and worse off APC is enof!

Take back your country. It's either now or never!

2 Likes

Re: Video Of Peter Obi Saying Money Invested In SabMiller Is Worth Almost $100M by Mandate2023: 3:51pm On Jun 24, 2022
Thinkam:

Meanwhile

Shut up and talk about d lie

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Video Of Peter Obi Saying Money Invested In SabMiller Is Worth Almost $100M by busomma: 3:51pm On Jun 24, 2022
As expected, combined forces of APC & PDP hv unleashed their attack dogs & they're on prowl. Whether Obi said $100 million or ALMOST $100 million dollars won't stop this political movement. 2023 pls hurry up. We're ready for a meaningful change in Nigeria ��.
Re: Video Of Peter Obi Saying Money Invested In SabMiller Is Worth Almost $100M by kmaster007: 3:51pm On Jun 24, 2022
Y re you disobedient us
mohims:
Peter Obi alias Him tu lai. This man is full of lies. No be only obidient an ingredient. He can NEVER be President of this country. Ya all should continue fooling yourself.
Re: Video Of Peter Obi Saying Money Invested In SabMiller Is Worth Almost $100M by toujurs: 3:52pm On Jun 24, 2022
rollywise:
Fools everywhere. In a sane nation, a man like Obi will be begged to come lead this nation out of the pit it is currently. But rather we still find ways to discredit him. Nigeria deserves the leaders and the suffering they get I swear. He said it's almost a hundred million and that means anything from zero to hundred. It's not his fault that naira depreciated against the dollar. That's d failure of this administration. Let's keep playing tribal, religious and party politics till it leads us to our grave as a nation
Don't mund these illiterates, honestly am becoming so ashamed to be addressed a Nigerian. With the level of mentally decayed beings i come across daily on this forum.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Atiku And Ezekwesili At The Launch Of The Book "We Are Biafrans" / N3.5M Monthly Feeding For El-Zakzaky: Lai Mohammed Trends On Twitter / COVID-19: Bala Mohammed Speaks From Isolation (Video, Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.