Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,947 members, 7,817,785 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:33 PM

Video Of Peter Obi Saying Money Invested In SabMiller Is Worth Almost $100M - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Video Of Peter Obi Saying Money Invested In SabMiller Is Worth Almost $100M (34207 Views)

Y Is Peter Obi Saying Hold Your LG Chairman & Gov / ‘I Never Said Investment In Sabmiller Now Worth $100m’ — Obi Blames ‘One Youth’ / Ifeanyi Onejeme Debunks Fake News About Peter Obi's Investment In SABMiller (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Video Of Peter Obi Saying Money Invested In SabMiller Is Worth Almost $100M by BluntCrazeMan: 4:19pm On Jun 24, 2022
AnonPoet:
I noticed that the Labor Party Presidential candidate and former governor of Anambra state, Peter Obi blamed youths for saying his investment in SabMiller was $20 million and worth $100 million and he said the statement did not come from him.

Here is a video where Peter Obi with his own mouth said it. I am not saying Peter Obi lied, but this is what he said

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIsgNxeY-9s

Here is where he denied it: https://www.nairaland.com/7194893/never-said-investment-sabmiller-now
When was this video??
What was the Exchange Rate at that time??
At least,, let's do the calculations again
Re: Video Of Peter Obi Saying Money Invested In SabMiller Is Worth Almost $100M by SugarGirl44(f): 4:20pm On Jun 24, 2022
muykem:
I don't take Peter Obi serious again since his comment on exportation of Ugu leaves.

For real?
He really said that?
Re: Video Of Peter Obi Saying Money Invested In SabMiller Is Worth Almost $100M by mohims(m): 4:22pm On Jun 24, 2022
obynzo:

You guys all in a bid to demarket the best person for the job so is it Tinubu or Atiku that we all know are failed politicians that will be good?
It's not about demarketing him. Peter obi is full of lies. Look at the other time before the last presidential election when he was supposed to be Atiku's running mate. He was busy quoting figures and so many Nigerians were impressed and they kept applauding him but facts check later revealed that all the statistics he was quoting was wrong. Just today, he denied ever saying that his investment in Sabmiller is worth a 100 million and the boom this video proved him to be a pathological liar. I wish him all the best in his quest to become the president. I am not for any of the Presidential candidates because I know APC will still rig the elections at the end of the day!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Video Of Peter Obi Saying Money Invested In SabMiller Is Worth Almost $100M by shortIGBOman: 4:22pm On Jun 24, 2022
omoredia:
Na better leader una go dey put obstacle for. If u see bad leader u no go see anything before him go become president and start messing ur days again.

All these are pointless. OBI is clearly the best for the job and that won't change.

He is the best for your village. You guys should vote him as the President of your village Union. grin

Peter ObiTUARY for Onofia village Union. grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Video Of Peter Obi Saying Money Invested In SabMiller Is Worth Almost $100M by mohims(m): 4:26pm On Jun 24, 2022
kmaster007:
Y re you disobedient us
I am not disobedient to you guys. It's high time Peter stops telling lies. I wish him all the best anyways. I don't have a preferred presidential candidate.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Video Of Peter Obi Saying Money Invested In SabMiller Is Worth Almost $100M by Pakute: 4:26pm On Jun 24, 2022
He is a fraud. He lies shamelessly.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Video Of Peter Obi Saying Money Invested In SabMiller Is Worth Almost $100M by swissgoldenpro2: 4:26pm On Jun 24, 2022
Okay we have heard you
Re: Video Of Peter Obi Saying Money Invested In SabMiller Is Worth Almost $100M by SmartyPants(m): 4:26pm On Jun 24, 2022
dway2life:
Did he steal the money? No!

He made an investment and it was worth ALMOST 100million as at that time...

Then why is it worth low now? I'll mention some factors

- Hisbah police destroying a lot of brewery investment till today

- Buhari happened.. naira/Dollar rate became outrageous

Therefore are you blaming obi who invested or you ought to blame Buhari and his brothers who continues to make Nigeria a nightmare..

Una go get sense sha!

This is not about whether he stole. It's about the fact that his camp has bandied about figures which have been refuted and now he is trying to evade the blame.

There's no issue of hisbah anything. his investment in the company never was valued at 100 million - at no point in time was this valuation reached. And he knows it.

2 Likes

Re: Video Of Peter Obi Saying Money Invested In SabMiller Is Worth Almost $100M by Britishpea: 4:28pm On Jun 24, 2022
He talks too much in an holier-than-though manner radiating of someone who thinks of himself scholarly than others. So he must surely lie. Most of his China analysis are not correct. Emphasis on MOST

2 Likes

Re: Video Of Peter Obi Saying Money Invested In SabMiller Is Worth Almost $100M by Pakute: 4:28pm On Jun 24, 2022
dway2life:
Did he steal the money? No!

He made an investment and it was worth ALMOST 100million as at that time...

Then why is it worth low now? I'll mention some factors

- Hisbah police destroying a lot of brewery investment till today

- Buhari happened.. naira/Dollar rate became outrageous

Therefore are you blaming obi who invested or you ought to blame Buhari and his brothers who continues to make Nigeria a nightmare..

Una go get sense sha!
Why is the fraud blaming one youth for his lies?

2 Likes

Re: Video Of Peter Obi Saying Money Invested In SabMiller Is Worth Almost $100M by SmartyPants(m): 4:28pm On Jun 24, 2022
BluntCrazeMan:
When was this video??
What was the Exchange Rate at that time??
At least,, let's do the calculations again

Why do this to yourself?

Peter Obi said he NEVER said it was 100 m but you want to calculate and do wuru wuru to the answer to find the 100 m valuation?

Rest.

But if you won't rest, the video is from 2018.
Re: Video Of Peter Obi Saying Money Invested In SabMiller Is Worth Almost $100M by back2sender: 4:30pm On Jun 24, 2022
Just a simple question .

Emilokan FACE OBIlokan in a debate for good governance and Economic growth?

Click Like for OBI to defeat BAT
Click share for BAT to defeat OBI
Re: Video Of Peter Obi Saying Money Invested In SabMiller Is Worth Almost $100M by Pakute: 4:30pm On Jun 24, 2022
Oplomo:
Useless propanganda from Tinubu NURTW urchins a.k.a baba alagbado

What year did he say it? What if he invested many years ago and then divested? How about inflation devaluing the money?

Tinubu NURTW mugus, you monkeys should just concentrate on collecting and counting your 'owo sticker' and 'owo union'. You know nothing about economics. grin
Lol, that fraud is really putting you to shame, sorri o. Why is the fraud blaming "one youth" for his lies on national TV?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Video Of Peter Obi Saying Money Invested In SabMiller Is Worth Almost $100M by GloriousGbola: 4:30pm On Jun 24, 2022
Diligence:
One thing is so certain; for any attack on Mr Peter Obi, not all his supporters are docile or introverts -o... They will come for your head....

How many Nigerians know that former Governors receive pension and other benefits running into hundreds of millions of naira...but Mr Peter Obi refused to collect even a Kobo after serving 8 years as a Governor!!!!

I hope Peter will not deny you like Peter ooo

One youth like that said I did not collect pension... cheesy

1 Like

Re: Video Of Peter Obi Saying Money Invested In SabMiller Is Worth Almost $100M by Pakute: 4:32pm On Jun 24, 2022
SmartyPants:

Why do this to yourself?

Peter Obi said he NEVER said it was 100 m but you want to calculate and do wuru wuru to the answer to find the 100 m valuation?

Rest.

It was 2019 during Presidential debate with Kadaria.
Re: Video Of Peter Obi Saying Money Invested In SabMiller Is Worth Almost $100M by Prokaryote: 4:34pm On Jun 24, 2022
Ogbeni OP, he said almost. Almost is not the same as exactly. You don't expect him to be accurate all the time eyin weré. "Obi for president" Even if PDP and APC link up, the youth have taken the bull by the horn.

1 Like

Re: Video Of Peter Obi Saying Money Invested In SabMiller Is Worth Almost $100M by Factcheck0001: 4:34pm On Jun 24, 2022
bobntu:
How come that of all the 18 or so presidential candidates, everyone seems to be fixated on what Obi said or did not say?
It only suggests one thing - Obi is the man to beat!
Luckily for him while his detractors are preoccupied in scooping out the minutest of contradiction in anything he ever said in life, not one person has yet accused him of appropriating public funds to himself as is the case with the other leading opponents.
Indeed OBIdience is better than sacrifice!
the reason is because he’s d only one presenting himself as an angel

1 Like

Re: Video Of Peter Obi Saying Money Invested In SabMiller Is Worth Almost $100M by kayperry: 4:34pm On Jun 24, 2022
Marvyx:
If you like do dig out any videos you can, he's more righteous than Emilokan and all the combination of the two thieves AA and IO.

Obi till infinity.

Did jesus contest undecided a righteous man as no business in politics ,... peter should open a church or go die on the cross for the corruption of nigeria since he is righteous

1 Like

Re: Video Of Peter Obi Saying Money Invested In SabMiller Is Worth Almost $100M by Nobody: 4:35pm On Jun 24, 2022
pandax:
He did not lie folks!

Assumptions: Peter had this interview this year (1$ = N422): official rate

See the analysis below:
If Peter invested $25m in 2008 (1$ = N122)
In 2022 when he had the interview, one dollar was around N422 (cbn rate) or N600(parallel market)

Therefore $25m investment in 2008, will be (422/122)x$25m =$86m (nearly 100m) : using cbn rate OR (600/122)x$25m = $123m : uisng parallel market

He is PROBABLY talking about the equivalent amount of the money he invested in 2008 and not the worth of the investment
Wetin concern naira for dollar matter?

How did $25m become $100m you are bringing naira, lol.

Good one to him if he actually invested same funds on behalf of Anambra, though I highly doubt it.
Re: Video Of Peter Obi Saying Money Invested In SabMiller Is Worth Almost $100M by rollywise(m): 4:41pm On Jun 24, 2022
toujurs:
Don't mund these illiterates, honestly am becoming so ashamed to be addressed a Nigerian. With the level of mentally decayed beings i come across daily on this forum.

Like seriously. During the endsars tongues were wagging about the next election but here it is and these same youths and Nigerians are already salivating at few mints dangled at them. Just the usual politics. When will we grow? It's so sad that I came thru this nation. I don't even know why I should be part of this country and it's mess and worst of it's people.
Re: Video Of Peter Obi Saying Money Invested In SabMiller Is Worth Almost $100M by dannyville2(m): 4:41pm On Jun 24, 2022
AnonPoet:
I noticed that the Labor Party Presidential candidate and former governor of Anambra state, Peter Obi blamed youths for saying his investment in SabMiller was $20 million and worth $100 million and he said the statement did not come from him.

Here is a video where Peter Obi with his own mouth said it. I am not saying Peter Obi lied, but this is what he said

Here is where he denied it: https://www.nairaland.com/7194893/never-said-investment-sabmiller-now

Thanks for your research , but we’ll still vote him

2 Likes

Re: Video Of Peter Obi Saying Money Invested In SabMiller Is Worth Almost $100M by obama30: 4:41pm On Jun 24, 2022
AnonPoet:

I laugh for Nigerians, Imagine a candidate that is not corrupt and all the opposition holds against him is investment he do with state money for the state. how about others candidate with corruption cases on their heads.

2 Likes

Re: Video Of Peter Obi Saying Money Invested In SabMiller Is Worth Almost $100M by kayperry: 4:41pm On Jun 24, 2022
omoredia:
Na better leader una go dey put obstacle for. If u see bad leader u no go see anything before him go become president and start messing ur days again.

All these are pointless. OBI is clearly the best for the job and that won't change.

1 Like

Re: Video Of Peter Obi Saying Money Invested In SabMiller Is Worth Almost $100M by Nobody: 4:42pm On Jun 24, 2022
AnonPoet:

1 Like

Re: Video Of Peter Obi Saying Money Invested In SabMiller Is Worth Almost $100M by okezuoemmanue(m): 4:42pm On Jun 24, 2022
He said over 100 million not 100 million dollars. It could be 100 million niara
Re: Video Of Peter Obi Saying Money Invested In SabMiller Is Worth Almost $100M by SmartyPants(m): 4:42pm On Jun 24, 2022
Pakute:

It was 2019 during Presidential debate with Kadaria.

No, this video in particular is from 2018 and he repeated it again in the debate.
Re: Video Of Peter Obi Saying Money Invested In SabMiller Is Worth Almost $100M by kayperry: 4:43pm On Jun 24, 2022
Smithkafors:
And so? video done 4yrs ago ......una no get story. Was the money invested yes or no?, is it his business that the ruling party scattered the economy?.
That was how you guys lies that he has a house in Lagos where as his house is in Onitsha, GRA precisely. You can even see him everyday whenever he jogs.
Once again, is Peter Obi the only presidential candidate?.... Why has cable no investigated the drug case of tinubu?.
Anyway, good or bad.... No publicity is a bad one.
How can you use a video made 4yrs ago to compare with today's exchange rate?.

we don't need another GEJ that will come an bless us with white elephant projects.

https://www.nairaland.com/7187158/throwback-photos-peter-obi-trekking
Re: Video Of Peter Obi Saying Money Invested In SabMiller Is Worth Almost $100M by SmartyPants(m): 4:44pm On Jun 24, 2022
okezuoemmanue:
He said over 100 million not 100 million dollars. It could be 100 million niara

So he was celebrating reducing 20 million USD to over 100 million naira (about 300k USD at the time)?
Re: Video Of Peter Obi Saying Money Invested In SabMiller Is Worth Almost $100M by tiger28: 4:44pm On Jun 24, 2022
Oplomo:
Useless propanganda from Tinubu NURTW urchins a.k.a baba alagbado

What year did he say it? What if he invested many years ago and then divested? How about inflation devaluing the money?

Tinubu NURTW mugus, you monkeys should just concentrate on collecting and counting your 'owo sticker' and 'owo union'. You know nothing about economics. grin
Biafrans IDIOT!
See how these fools are shifting goalpost by diverting the objective here.
The point of this news is that Obi lied that HE NEVER SAID IT AND VIDEO HAS PROVEN HIM AS A LIAR!!!!!!!
See all ipob stupid comments!

1 Like

Re: Video Of Peter Obi Saying Money Invested In SabMiller Is Worth Almost $100M by BluntCrazeMan: 4:46pm On Jun 24, 2022
SmartyPants:

Why do this to yourself?

Rest.

You're telling me what you would do with the information if you were the one seeking for it.
So, suit yourself.
As for me,, let me have the information first.
What I do with it is my wahalla.
Re: Video Of Peter Obi Saying Money Invested In SabMiller Is Worth Almost $100M by Freebills12: 4:49pm On Jun 24, 2022
[color=#000099][/color]
IamWonderful:
Oooooooooh my God, so Pandora Peter Obituary really said his investment now worth $100 million until Soludo stop the propaganda, can you imagine Pandora Peter Obituary urchins are here with their brains lost to kanu

come to think of it, it supposed to be more than $100 million if it's not Buhari government and his devilish policy! Obi invested when a Dollar was $187 and Buhari killed the economy that a Dollar sells at $610. Worst still an idiot is blaming Obi. In sane society $100 million is small compare to the high demand...
Re: Video Of Peter Obi Saying Money Invested In SabMiller Is Worth Almost $100M by SmartyPants(m): 4:49pm On Jun 24, 2022
BluntCrazeMan:
You're telling me what you would do with the information if you were the one seeking for it.
So, suit yourself.
As for me,, let me have the information first.
What I do with it is my wahalla.

I've given you the information buddy.

but wait aren't you the one that asked for exchange rates and said you wanted to "do the calculations"

cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Owerri Vs Port Harcourt: Which Is More Developed And Planned? / President Tinubu Declares 2023 NBA Conference Open. / Precious Chikwendu Speaks On Detention At Access Bank In Ekiti By EFCC Orders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.