Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,957 members, 7,817,811 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:10 PM

Most Romantic Way to Ask, "Will You Marry Me?" - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Most Romantic Way to Ask, "Will You Marry Me?" (60892 Views)

Man Proposes To His Girlfriend At Shoprite In The Most Romantic Way.(Pic+Video) / Questions To Ask Your Girlfriend Whenever You Are Bored In A Chat / Romantic Way to say "I Love You" to a Lady? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Most Romantic Way to Ask, "Will You Marry Me?" by katherinae(f): 5:40am On Aug 15, 2006
babe 1

clearly u want this girl to choke on something before she says i do cry
Re: Most Romantic Way to Ask, "Will You Marry Me?" by babe1(f): 5:46am On Aug 15, 2006
katherinae:

babe 1

clearly u want this girl to choke on something before she says i do cry

Lol. I knew someone was gonna come up with that. She ain't gonna choke on nada people do it all the time. I am yet to see one that choked. grin
Re: Most Romantic Way to Ask, "Will You Marry Me?" by infinty(m): 1:38pm On Aug 15, 2006
Well not all guys are un romantic you know
some of us really do not know how to express our selves
Re: Most Romantic Way to Ask, "Will You Marry Me?" by Bamiprof(m): 1:39am On Aug 18, 2006
The suggestions on this thread are really weird.Those that want to go to the moutain top,hawaii i pray and i hope you guys have the resources to carry them out.Good Luck
Re: Most Romantic Way to Ask, "Will You Marry Me?" by gem87(f): 2:45am On Aug 18, 2006
4 me how he does it is up 2 him cuz i think it's d thut dat counts
but any1 askin me shld b prepared 2 get No! 4 an answer 3 time b4 he gets a yes - lol joking though
anyway wht i'm sayin is everycase is diff
but it wnt b bad if a hprse-drawn carriage cums 2 whisk me away once he asks and he says somn like,
all u hv 2 do is say yes and dat carriage takes us to d future
say yes and leave d rest 2 me
wht am i saying i guess wht matters is dat he asked not how he asked
Re: Most Romantic Way to Ask, "Will You Marry Me?" by serubawon(m): 3:27pm On Aug 18, 2006
Gem, u asked for my experience. Well here it is. Don't laugh. Even though my wife passed away a couple of years ago, i still remember the day i proposed to her like it was yesterday. I had it all planned out. I arranged for dinner at a nice restaurant. There were no flowers, but there were candles (at least i tried). I was supposed to pick her up from the office and take her for dinner. i had already told her that there was something we had to talk about. What i didn't take into consideration was having a nervous breakdown. Everything went wrong with me. i had a fever, headache, tummy-ache - everything. My hands were shaking so bad that i couldn't drive well. When i picked her up at the office, I forgot about the restaurant and dinner that i had arranged. i just took her to her home and wanted to get it over with as soon as possible. I had it rehearsed and everything. As soon as i opened my mouth, i started stammering. trust me, i'm the confident type and i've never had problems with women. but on that day, i was a mess. After going round in circles for about an hour, i looked at her and asked her if she understood what i was saying. She said "no". She wasn't making it easy either. She wanted me to actually say "Would you marry me?" When i finally got the courage to ask her, she says" i like you so much, but i still have to pray about it. Give me a week and i'll give you my answer". That was one of the worst weeks of my life. to cut the story short, she said yes, we got married and they were the best 6 years of my life ( and i mean that).

I still haven't gone back to that restaurant to get a refund.

So ladies, gives the guys a break. it isn't easy to ask a lady to marry you, especially when you really love her, respect her and need her. The worst part is fearing if she says no. She isn't the normal babe you see on the side. Maybe na me sha o. but it was not easy o.

2 Likes

Re: Most Romantic Way to Ask, "Will You Marry Me?" by gem87(f): 6:21pm On Aug 20, 2006
aaw, u're a kind man and very nice and i'm really sorry u lost ur wife
u really tried and i'm glad ur marriage was a gud one while it lasted
i'm outta words but all d best in the future
Re: Most Romantic Way to Ask, "Will You Marry Me?" by serubawon(m): 11:27am On Aug 21, 2006
Thanks a lot gem, Right now, I need to ask you a question. please don't take it personally. When a guy is interested in a woman and she says no, he's supposed to respect her decision and back off, right? But, when a woman is interested in a man and he is not, isn't she supposed to back off too? Why is it that women find it that difficult to back off. It puzzles me. Maybe i'm getting old or something.
Re: Most Romantic Way to Ask, "Will You Marry Me?" by vickky(f): 12:30pm On Aug 21, 2006
What are u guys like looking for?u know the guy already and all,u guys have had fun and all so what romantic or magical moment are u  seeking for expect for the one you have built together.That moment won't make any difference anyway. i was proposed to this ways.[b]he just came to my house and he was like which of this rings do u lik. i chose the white gold with diamond and he said ""don't ever pull it off you finger,sleep with it, bathe with it,this is a symbol of commitment and my love forever" [color=#990000][color=#990000]isn't that lovely.[/color][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/[/color
Re: Most Romantic Way to Ask, "Will You Marry Me?" by babadee(m): 8:01pm On Aug 21, 2006
take her on a ride in one of those rickety molues from oshodi to apapa and propose when the molue hits a very nasty bump, you are guranteed that she'll never forget even if she says no.
Re: Most Romantic Way to Ask, "Will You Marry Me?" by dennylove(m): 8:27pm On Aug 21, 2006
@tiyotina,i liked the way you explained it,Take her out for dinner in a cozy environment. After washing your meal down with a glass of wine, take a slow walk round. Look for a spot where nature is at its best, you know where you are surrounded by lots of flowers, look straight in her eyes and make your proposal. I love it simple. (Make sure it's the greatest shock of her life) YOU SABI THE LEVEL NO BE SMALL,OOOOOOO.
Re: Most Romantic Way to Ask, "Will You Marry Me?" by lionheart(m): 1:19am On Aug 22, 2006
U guys are funny ! lol  ,  I don't know about y'all but mine is very simple, I'll take her back 2 the first place we met and first restaurant we ate 2gether , Ill remind her about it and tell her how many years, months, days , hours, and minutes it's been since then and  i'm glad that she's part of my life and i will thank her for loving me .  Then, when she's ready 2 eat it would be a nice diamond ring , ofcuz nice rock (covered in an empty plate) .   WILL U MARRY ME? smiley
Re: Most Romantic Way to Ask, "Will You Marry Me?" by crito(m): 4:59am On Aug 22, 2006
yes let evrybody do it their own way. cheesy wink smiley
Re: Most Romantic Way to Ask, "Will You Marry Me?" by mustafar1: 5:08am On Aug 22, 2006
let the diamond on the ring be the size of olumo rock. even if u slap her and then ask, "HONEY, WILL U MARRY ME" trust me she will marry you but the answer would come thus, SHE would return the slap double and say "YES, DARLING I WILL MARRY YOU"

make una no mind me o! lack of sleep is making me over-misbehave
Re: Most Romantic Way to Ask, "Will You Marry Me?" by Chyna(f): 8:00am On Aug 22, 2006
I ve been laughing all through reading the various suggestions. I ve actually been thinking that must there be proposals. There are people that ve been going out for ages with each other. Those kind of people no matter the type of "romantic proposal" the other makes, it wouldnt just be fun.

I am digressing oh but i write this cos i know sumone who had actually been going out with her guy for 10 years, every May 6th, they go sumwhere to celebrate thier whatever yeasr anniversaryof their relationship. It got to a poiunt the lady started complaining to her friends that the guy had noty even proposed, she was even thinking of asking him for engagement ring.

Until the 11th year, they went for their usual anniversary. This time around the guy took her to the silverbird galleria in the middle of watching a romantic film he proposed to her, I love you and would want to spend the rest of my life with you, would you pls be the mother of my kids?" She said she was even very angry when he said those world and didnt know when she bursted out saying "Before nko! This is long overdue self abi were you waiting for me to get to menopause before you propose. Na wa 4 u oh!" grin[color=#990000][/color]
Wat a romantic way of accepting marriage proposal.

Well wat do you think?

1 Like

Re: Most Romantic Way to Ask, "Will You Marry Me?" by gem87(f): 4:34pm On Aug 22, 2006
lol, lmao dat ws funny

serubawon:

Thanks a lot gem, Right now, I need to ask you a question. please don't take it personally. When a guy is interested in a woman and she says no, he's supposed to respect her decision and back off, right? But, when a woman is interested in a man and he is not, isn't she supposed to back off too? Why is it that women find it that difficult to back off. It puzzles me. Maybe i'm getting old or something.

honestly, i dunno hw 2 answer dat, sumtimes a woman's no doesnt really mean no, dat's sumtimes,
maybe she's not ready and wnts u 2 ask her later, or wants 2 be sure u're really serious and mean wht u're asking
Re: Most Romantic Way to Ask, "Will You Marry Me?" by pajimoh(m): 9:59pm On Aug 22, 2006
pkrix, you suck, there is nothing sooooo special about that traditional strategy of yours. I'm sure my grand father did exactly the same thing when proposing to grandma. my advice to you is 'go learn something more mordern'
Re: Most Romantic Way to Ask, "Will You Marry Me?" by tamia(f): 4:26pm On Aug 23, 2006
hey y'all for me, my man shuld put it on my finger while i sleep or ask me out in public like in the park or restaurant or somewhere, he has to go down on 2 knees not one cuz i'm worth it. then we can continue the celebration wit' u know wat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Most Romantic Way to Ask, "Will You Marry Me?" by mela(f): 4:34pm On Aug 23, 2006
sage  abeg no murder yourself if she refuse to marry u  ooo

for me, i would want my man to propose to me on
a cool & quite environment, he would look straight
into my eyes cos i ve not really looked into his eyes
directly b4 i don't know y but yes das how i want it
just a fine ring & a good talk will do, thereafter,
he  knows now dat am all hisssssssss. infact,am
looking forward to hearing dat frm him
Re: Most Romantic Way to Ask, "Will You Marry Me?" by dennylove(m): 7:24am On Aug 25, 2006
HmmmmmmmmmmMELA,well,i wish am for you GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Most Romantic Way to Ask, "Will You Marry Me?" by suleim(m): 9:22am On Aug 25, 2006
kazee i like ur ways,but if she come agree to ur proposal u know u don spoil that man show,so the thing wey the man go do u he no pass make he kill u,because the love wey the man don get for her u come spoil, cry
Re: Most Romantic Way to Ask, "Will You Marry Me?" by tellmemore(m): 1:09pm On Aug 25, 2006
I have always wanted to do mine in the morning in bed, of course not on a weekday and after brushing my teeth grin, with some pillow talk preparations wink.

I acrually did. Dou you want to know what happened?
Re: Most Romantic Way to Ask, "Will You Marry Me?" by gem87(f): 2:44pm On Aug 25, 2006
totally, yes pls
Re: Most Romantic Way to Ask, "Will You Marry Me?" by momoney1(m): 9:53pm On Aug 27, 2006
I'll arrange an engagement ring n a note(note indicating "will u marry me, if yes find me now") and keep some where private in my house and then will intentionally leave my phone with her(as if i 4got it) and send a love text to it(ma fone) claiming to be another lovergirl saying "SWEATHEART YESTERDAY WAS SUCH A FUN THAT I FORGOT MY SPARE BRA AND PANT IN YOUR HOUSE, PLEASE KINDLY CHECK, (private) AND KEEP SAFE, LUV U". i know my girl she will definitely read the text and will want to react to it.
Re: Most Romantic Way to Ask, "Will You Marry Me?" by olumighty(m): 5:57am On Aug 28, 2006
Well I will like to get her consent about the whole affair first and make sure she want me as much as I want her 2 " I will never make attemp to give her a kiss until she make an unresistable attempt to that (maybe in her dad's house).

When I am sure that she loves me ( even after she is yet to say I do love U), I will go and speak to her Pastor and My Pastor about my intention and if they are satisfied with their check, I go ahead and invite her to a cool place (not my house) maybe a gulf resort, beach, rock view(Olumo rock) ------ A place of natural splendour and propose there

I will not propose at eatery, common or a crowded place and never on a public holiday where u have too many people aroud u. Why? She is unique to me and she must get "Scoped" in a unique and uncommon way"

Warning: The worst place to propose is on the bed or a room filled with the sensious aroma of sin.
Re: Most Romantic Way to Ask, "Will You Marry Me?" by tomiwizzle(m): 9:04pm On Aug 28, 2006
arrange for guitarists to sing out the tune of love then in the midst of all the romantic atmosphere ask her or better still do what nutty professor did when proposing to Janet jackson in nutty professor2.
Re: Most Romantic Way to Ask, "Will You Marry Me?" by henconcept: 10:56am On Aug 31, 2006
i will take her to the beach side for a days outing, just when the sun is going down with a golden tan on the waters surface. i will ask her to shut her eyes, slip the ring via a cord in and ask her to marry me with my head down.
Re: Most Romantic Way to Ask, "Will You Marry Me?" by 2old4that(m): 7:37pm On Aug 31, 2006
Note if you're planning a very public proposal, make sure you've discussed marriage first. Believe it or not, there is more than one answer to, "Will you marry me?"

If you are not positive that the answer will be a loud "YES!" don't make a public showing of popping the question. If you know that she's just waiting, maybe even getting a bit impatient, for the question, these ideas will help you make proposing the most wonderful memory for both of you right up through to the wedding, and for the rest of your lives,
Re: Most Romantic Way to Ask, "Will You Marry Me?" by Nobody: 7:57pm On Aug 31, 2006
Hey dis topic is as interestin as anythin ,well wid wat i see here itz obvious most of our Naira Guys re Romantic
Re: Most Romantic Way to Ask, "Will You Marry Me?" by Nobody: 11:54pm On Aug 31, 2006
put a ring in her ice cream but dey sa make she no swallow am, set those things that use to go up and say will you marry me, point your finger to the sky, kneel down and keep saying pls pls pls,
Re: Most Romantic Way to Ask, "Will You Marry Me?" by blaizzy(m): 3:46pm On Sep 01, 2006
i will take her out for dinner, buy her a glass of wine. then i would drop the ring in the glass of wine without her knowledge. when she eventually sees it, i'll just ask Angel, would you marry me?
Re: Most Romantic Way to Ask, "Will You Marry Me?" by momoney1(m): 5:28pm On Sep 01, 2006
Eudora and blaizzy could you please indicate your sex, you seem to be new, anyway you guys are welcome

put a ring in her ice cream but dey sa make she no swallow am

i'm telling you make eh no from "will you marry me cheesy" to "which operation dem go carry out" cry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Bride Hawks Tomatoes, Groom Pushes Wheelbarrow In Lovely Pre-wedding Shoot / Man Confused As His Girlfriend And His Friend Fight Over Food. Photo / Tuoyo Cries Out About A Troubling New Trend At Nigerian Nightclubs (pic/video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.