Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,922 members, 7,817,702 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:34 PM

Most Romantic Way to Ask, "Will You Marry Me?" - Romance (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Most Romantic Way to Ask, "Will You Marry Me?" (60890 Views)

Man Proposes To His Girlfriend At Shoprite In The Most Romantic Way.(Pic+Video) / Questions To Ask Your Girlfriend Whenever You Are Bored In A Chat / Romantic Way to say "I Love You" to a Lady? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Most Romantic Way to Ask, "Will You Marry Me?" by zheroes(m): 11:10am On Feb 14, 2008
First thing before she resumes for work on the first monday of any month, meet her just outside her office premises and propose to her,i bet you,she will be promoted that week, at worst that month.
Re: Most Romantic Way to Ask, "Will You Marry Me?" by rockiedink(m): 6:26pm On Feb 14, 2008
more! please more!!!! dont stop now!!!dont worry, i'm not cumming. . .
Re: Most Romantic Way to Ask, "Will You Marry Me?" by origina9ja(f): 1:45pm On May 15, 2008
i'm nt even gana say most i will say ALL lol of nairaland guys are not romantic at all tongue bt u guyz tryed init
all dis boyz sayin when havion sex or before re waste
and so what maybe 2 get da babe atention init
nah nah dat will never work 4 me
do wat u re alwayz capable off in real life
stop tryin 2 be extra idot like goin 4 meal in okra and amala shops
i like guys dat re 4 real nd u kno make it original
i aint kno fake remmeba so get 2 kno
bang bang 2 9ja guyz
pls keep tryin a more romatic wayz
Re: Most Romantic Way to Ask, "Will You Marry Me?" by andyz(m): 8:00am On May 16, 2008
Hello guys/gals

winkLet me share mine, hope it'll be romantic enough, because she really liked it? The first of its kind i bet you.

I proposed recently and i'd like to share how i did mine,
It took me a couple of weeks to coin it out anyway, My hobbies are swimming and playing Scrabble, so i choose to propose with my scrabble board, (Wait  grin don't think you know what i did). I played a a standard scrabble with her name and the words WILL YOU MARRY ME? It was excellent, i made provision for a YES and a NO answer.

Find my game below

W   M E
                        E J I B A
                        S   L    R
                             L    R
                                   Y OU                Y N    (I placed a Y and N tile on the corner of the board)

The Y could fit in well  on top of ES to get a YES but paraventure she decided to place the N, i would have no option but to contest because there is no scrabble word like RN.

She stays in a Calabar i stay in PH , wondering how i sent it? Not to worry my Scrabble board is such that the tiles could be fixed on the board, folded, zipped, and continued whenever.   I placed the engaement ring right in the Scrabble wallet. Wrapped the package and sent it via FEDEX to her in CALABAR.

The condition was that she opens the package in front of her friends, You all can imagine what happened.
We plan to get Married later in the year.

Regards

2 Likes

Re: Most Romantic Way to Ask, "Will You Marry Me?" by Trendiest(f): 8:25am On May 16, 2008
DEFINATELY CREATIVE, BUT WUDNT YOU HAV RATHER BEING THERE TO SEE THE LOOK ON HER FACE? THAT WUD HAV BEING A PRICELESS MOMENT,

MY BF said he "WAS" gonna get me another car (mercerdes MLK 07 2 b specific) (Since i'v being dyin 2 hav it) on my BDAY, brought it ova 2 mines on d mornin of my bday,and on d seat wud hav being d ring, and of course, he wud get on his knees
well,plans changed, according 2 him,i messed up and he's thinkin twice abt even gettin d ring not 2 talk abt d damn car, WHAT A JERK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There goes my "wud u marry me" story
Re: Most Romantic Way to Ask, "Will You Marry Me?" by andyz(m): 7:30pm On May 16, 2008
@Trendiest

I wished i was there but i couldn't.
Sorry bout your experience. The right guy may just be around so stop looking far.
Re: Most Romantic Way to Ask, "Will You Marry Me?" by tRoOE(f): 7:51pm On May 16, 2008
Oh lard he wasn't really spontaneous with the whole proposal thing but he was himself through the moment wink, i can't get the whole image out of my head.
I just woke up and was still laying down when he did it cheesy cheesy
I don;t even the romantic part, was it the way he asked me or seeing the tears rolling down his eyes wow (lol I thought maybe something happened to him), looking back at that moment brings happiness and laughter to both of us

conn-kg:

Ehyyy yahhhhhhhh!

See laff! Romantic ko? Stupid exponent silly ni. You myt decide to rub "moi-moi" on your face and propose.
Hear them unmarried chaps -- ", get down on my knees, " bla bla. You get knee? Abeg forget that talk. Crap.

By the time the question is popped (at that stage of the RELATIONSHIP), if it loses sponteneity, it loses everything!

My view --PORA-II
ahahaha lmfao grin grin grin
Re: Most Romantic Way to Ask, "Will You Marry Me?" by cescky(m): 8:59pm On May 16, 2008
take her to are quite cossy and expensive restaurant(if u fit afford am) then both of you place your orders(u 4 don prearrange with the restaurant people) then they bring your order first you open it,and theres orishi orishi sizzling inside your plate,imediatly then they bring hers,she opens it and shocked shocked theres a rose and a ring inside her plate,specially composed romantic with her name go begin blast(softly)from the reastarant then you go down on one knee and ask will u marry me
Re: Most Romantic Way to Ask, "Will You Marry Me?" by Trendiest(f): 3:27am On May 18, 2008
ANDZY,am still wit d jerk oo, my big head, he asked 4 a 2nd chance, i think it mite b worth it, HOPEFULLY,God's willing sha
Re: Most Romantic Way to Ask, "Will You Marry Me?" by andyz(m): 8:20am On May 20, 2008
@Trendiest thats your man my dear give him a second chance aight. Sure your doing great.
Re: Most Romantic Way to Ask, "Will You Marry Me?" by peteroby(m): 6:26pm On May 20, 2008
we do this so many ways,i did mine on top of 3rd main land bridge at about 1.30am.
Re: Most Romantic Way to Ask, "Will You Marry Me?" by Trendiest(f): 7:05pm On May 20, 2008
@ Andzy, Thanks hun, am hangin in there, onto every thread
Re: Most Romantic Way to Ask, "Will You Marry Me?" by MyAfriplac: 3:34am On Jun 20, 2008
I had planned to propose to the love of my life but I was afraid she would say no. Not because she didn't want to spend the rest of her life with me but she always believed I wasn't ready. I planned for over a month how I would go about proposing. I carried the engagement ring everywhere until i could come up with a plan. Over the weeks tha followed i devised ways and everytime it didn't feel right. One day on my way home from work, I stopped by an ice cream parlor and bought a cherry cheese cake ice cream for her that she had asked for. As I was about to open the door a thought came to mind. I took the ring out and hid it in the icecream.

The look on her face when she thought that the ice cream contained a big rock was priceless. As she took it out of her mouth, the joy on her face said it all.

www.Myafriplace.com
Re: Most Romantic Way to Ask, "Will You Marry Me?" by hunniebomb(f): 4:54pm On Sep 08, 2008
guys, watever u do PLEASE don't put the ring in food, wine, or other consumables (very cheesy).

enuf stories about people choking and ending up in the emergency room.
Re: Most Romantic Way to Ask, "Will You Marry Me?" by Moyola(f): 5:49pm On Sep 19, 2008
@ POSTER

notin do u jare!!!
Re: Most Romantic Way to Ask, "Will You Marry Me?" by smurf1(f): 4:04am On Dec 10, 2008
Get on your damn knees and do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!! cheesy
Re: Most Romantic Way to Ask, "Will You Marry Me?" by Muza(m): 4:06am On Dec 10, 2008
just ask the damn question
Re: Most Romantic Way to Ask, "Will You Marry Me?" by pawpawsir: 6:43am On Dec 10, 2008
Tell her I don't want to be friends with you anymore, be silent 4 like 15 seconds, she might be scared and ask 4 a repeat of what u said, repeat it again, this time wait 5 seconds, then say to her "Will you marry me" - This was how i did my proposal, smoothe wink
Re: Most Romantic Way to Ask, "Will You Marry Me?" by slimfine(f): 7:06pm On Dec 28, 2008
He can choose whatever style he desires but he must be on his knees and tell me one brilliant reason he want to spend for better or worst with me.
Re: Most Romantic Way to Ask, "Will You Marry Me?" by JJYOU: 7:15pm On Dec 28, 2008
slimfine:

He can choose whatever style he desires but he must be on his knees and tell me one brilliant reason he want to spend for better or worst with me.
what about you doing the honours young lady? what is the harm in you kneeling and asking the question?
Re: Most Romantic Way to Ask, "Will You Marry Me?" by slimfine(f): 3:24am On Dec 29, 2008
Say whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat!!!!?

I don't like to go contrary to culture or Omenana (as ibo people would say)
Re: Most Romantic Way to Ask, "Will You Marry Me?" by IGWEUSA(m): 1:38pm On Dec 29, 2008
slimfine:

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, wow shocked
Re: Most Romantic Way to Ask, "Will You Marry Me?" by IGWEUSA(m): 1:45pm On Dec 29, 2008
@ poster

Buy an informercial from CNN and BBC, then propose to her during the broadcast
Re: Most Romantic Way to Ask, "Will You Marry Me?" by Ben13: 2:20pm On Dec 29, 2008
;d
Re: Most Romantic Way to Ask, "Will You Marry Me?" by dollyn(f): 2:22pm On Dec 29, 2008
invite her to a quiet place for dinner then put the ring inside ur wine and drink it wtout her seeing it.pretend to take the wine.when the cup is already in ur mouth then scream as if sumthing blocked ur throat and start coughing she wld be so afaid.then do as if u want to throw up and vomit the ring into ur hands and say quietly "will u marry me"u bet she wl answer yes even before u finish asking.NB-dnt go and swallow the ring o
Re: Most Romantic Way to Ask, "Will You Marry Me?" by sevenseas(m): 6:43pm On Jan 06, 2009
dollyn:

invite her to a quiet place for dinner then put the ring inside ur wine and drink it wtout her seeing it.pretend to take the wine.when the cup is already in ur mouth then scream as if something blocked ur throat and start coughing she would be so afaid.then do as if u want to throw up and vomit the ring into ur hands and say quietly "will u marry me"u bet she wl answer yes even before u finish asking.NB-dnt go and swallow the ring o

heeya, dis na HOLLYWOOD text.

it does not happen like this for real LIFE.

or you think so?
Re: Most Romantic Way to Ask, "Will You Marry Me?" by Nobody: 5:43pm On Jun 10, 2009
Guy: I have something to show you outside,baby

Guy takes his girl outside where a brand new jet is waiting. . . .

Girl: gasped in shock!!

Guy: I thought you might like it to get you faster to work and into my heart

Girl: still shocked

Guy: Oya, let's go inside and see if you'll like it

Inside. . . . .

Guy: Gets on his knees

Girl: Baby, what are you doing?

Guy: Looking for my contacct lense. Found it

Whips out a ring from under one of the Jet's seat

Girl: WTF? OMG!! grin grin

Guy: Baby yada yada yada, I love you bla bla bla, Will you marry me?

Girl: I still get to keep the Jet right?

Guy: ehrrrm yes

Girl: Thenn Yessssssss, Yesss, I'll marry you. I love you bla bla bla yada yada yada

If only. . . .
Re: Most Romantic Way to Ask, "Will You Marry Me?" by ebila(m): 5:57pm On Jun 10, 2009
@Poster,
Attatch d ring to a bottle of RED LABEL. grin grin grin grin grin grin

or

Attatch d ring to a tree wink wink wink wink wink wink

or better still

Put it on d toilet seat! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Most Romantic Way to Ask, "Will You Marry Me?" by Nobody: 12:06pm On Jun 11, 2009
Hide the engagement ring in her pounded yam grin
Re: Most Romantic Way to Ask, "Will You Marry Me?" by ebila(m): 1:38pm On Jun 11, 2009
@ibkaye,
Hide the engagement ring in her pounded yam
Dat is definately romantic!
Re: Most Romantic Way to Ask, "Will You Marry Me?" by BABE3: 8:00pm On Jun 12, 2009
ibkaye:

Hide the engagement ring in her pounded yam grin
FUNNY  grin
---take her to Hawaii or Paris, (there r plenty romantic places there so just choose 1)
---say all ur rehearsed lines nd when u open d ring box,  9ice butterflies  should fly out (if shes not scared of them) grin
SHA WHICHEVA WAY U WANNA ASK D LIFE CHANGING QUESTION PLEASEEEEEEEEE, BE CREATIVE nd romantic(dont do alll those nollywood styles,ladies r gettin tired of 'em)
BECOZ if d way u propose is whack, d babe may have a second thought 'bout marryin uuu tongue grin grin grin
Re: Most Romantic Way to Ask, "Will You Marry Me?" by dremoney(m): 5:08pm On Jan 02, 2010
laughs

NL's don kill me o[i], cnt stop laughing[/i]

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Bride Hawks Tomatoes, Groom Pushes Wheelbarrow In Lovely Pre-wedding Shoot / Man Confused As His Girlfriend And His Friend Fight Over Food. Photo / Tuoyo Cries Out About A Troubling New Trend At Nigerian Nightclubs (pic/video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.