Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,589 members, 7,812,920 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:30 PM

Can You Eat This? A Nairalander Hunted And Fried Flying Termites (photo) - Food (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Can You Eat This? A Nairalander Hunted And Fried Flying Termites (photo) (59938 Views)

The Jollof And Fried Rice With Moi-Moi I Bought ₦4100. / The Squirrel We Hunted In My Hometown In Eastern Region (Ghana) / Garri And Fried Fish Served At A Wedding In Lagos! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Eat This? A Nairalander Hunted And Fried Flying Termites (photo) by Kajaard: 12:25pm On Jul 07, 2022
Very sweet when fried well. Highly proteinous. If I am not mistaken: it's called EDON in Edo cheesy. The E is hyphenated

Indomie generation will not understand cheesy
Re: Can You Eat This? A Nairalander Hunted And Fried Flying Termites (photo) by Lamasta(m): 12:25pm On Jul 07, 2022
Sapa is real
Re: Can You Eat This? A Nairalander Hunted And Fried Flying Termites (photo) by Truvelisback(m): 12:25pm On Jul 07, 2022
VeryWickedGoat:
If you can eat this then you can eat cockroaches.
Stop pretending and go for it. We nor judge you.
VeryWickedGoat grin
Re: Can You Eat This? A Nairalander Hunted And Fried Flying Termites (photo) by descarado: 12:25pm On Jul 07, 2022
goldfish27:
You no even sabi fry am self. u suppose remove the feathers first b4 frying. to remove the feathers just wash am with salt then dry on the sun and watch how the feathers go remove by itself.
There is this food called igbakwù akù in my place.
Ground fresh corn mixed with this and cooked white without oil wrapped like moimoi.
Re: Can You Eat This? A Nairalander Hunted And Fried Flying Termites (photo) by Midas01: 12:25pm On Jul 07, 2022
They actually sell them in the market now . Saw it and was wtf

People can eat anything sha.
Kobojunkie:
I miss this snack abeg! I still remember the taste too, from way back in the 80s. Dem suppose dey sell these things for market by now. undecided
Re: Can You Eat This? A Nairalander Hunted And Fried Flying Termites (photo) by Slynation(m): 12:26pm On Jul 07, 2022
This is what they call Shingeh in the North... It's sweet and yummy, then whenever the rain falls in the morning, then be ready to catch a full bucket at night...!! I used to eat it when I was much younger but not anymore...!!
Re: Can You Eat This? A Nairalander Hunted And Fried Flying Termites (photo) by Ndibuna: 12:26pm On Jul 07, 2022
TheStakeHolder:
Sapa induced diet.

May God save us all from poverty...

lipsrsealed
Says an Ignorant idiot. Yet you praise Chinese for eating theirs, mofo
Re: Can You Eat This? A Nairalander Hunted And Fried Flying Termites (photo) by Nobody: 12:26pm On Jul 07, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Ikorodu wasn't a village abeg! Kai... we even had a park, companies, and stuff there back then. undecided

I once attended a secondary school in the village of Isiu - Isiu grammar school- along the Agbowa/Imota road back in the days. That was when I knew well well how village life compared to city life. grin

Be calming village boy! Even as at today, Ikorodu is still a village. One of those villages surrounding Lagos.

For once, be proud that you are a village boy like me
Re: Can You Eat This? A Nairalander Hunted And Fried Flying Termites (photo) by TheRace55: 12:26pm On Jul 07, 2022
goldfish27:
You no even sabi fry am self. u suppose remove the feathers first b4 frying. to remove the feathers just wash am with salt then dry on the sun and watch how the feathers go remove by itself.
King of Termites slayers . I remove cap for ya. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Can You Eat This? A Nairalander Hunted And Fried Flying Termites (photo) by Cti28(m): 12:26pm On Jul 07, 2022
Iliveforever:
[b]Good old days when Nigeria was Nigeria. [/b]Once it starts raining at night, we’d rush out to get this with bucket of water and broom without any fear of bandits, armed robbers, kidnappers, skull miners.
But now is the irony of the case, even Nepa sef no go leave light immediately breeze blow.
Now we sleep with two eyes opened and and fully kitted as though we are about running a marathon race.
Re: Can You Eat This? A Nairalander Hunted And Fried Flying Termites (photo) by Kajaard: 12:27pm On Jul 07, 2022
Ndibuna:

Says an Ignorant idiot. Yet you praise Chinese for eating theirs, mofo

Don't mind these idiots.
Re: Can You Eat This? A Nairalander Hunted And Fried Flying Termites (photo) by Kobojunkie: 12:27pm On Jul 07, 2022
litigator:
Be calming village boy! Even as at today, Ikorodu is still a village. One of those villages surrounding Lagos.

For once, be proud that you are a village boy like me
I remain that Ikorodu is not a village. I grew up there and know that much. undecided
Re: Can You Eat This? A Nairalander Hunted And Fried Flying Termites (photo) by Bombolistic: 12:28pm On Jul 07, 2022
It's very rich in protein, a nice diet. I love it
Re: Can You Eat This? A Nairalander Hunted And Fried Flying Termites (photo) by Dfynboi: 12:28pm On Jul 07, 2022
TheStakeHolder:
Sapa induced diet.

lipsrsealed
ds one no be poverty mata brother,d thing make sense

1 Like

Re: Can You Eat This? A Nairalander Hunted And Fried Flying Termites (photo) by Iliveforever(m): 12:28pm On Jul 07, 2022
Cti28:

Now we sleep with two eyes opened and and fully kitted as though we are about running a marathon race.

Re: Can You Eat This? A Nairalander Hunted And Fried Flying Termites (photo) by Temmytopz: 12:28pm On Jul 07, 2022
TheStakeHolder:
Sapa induced diet.

lipsrsealed
it's not poverty, it's very sweet and delicious, it was fun catching, frying and eating it those days
Re: Can You Eat This? A Nairalander Hunted And Fried Flying Termites (photo) by Truvelisback(m): 12:28pm On Jul 07, 2022
Harlarbiz01:
I miss eating this flying termites, gone are those days in the late 90s, we are all hunters in the area (Trenches) when it come to this flying termites called Esunsun or Iba as called by we Yorubas, Igbos call it Aku, this termites is said to be very nutritious, so rich in protein.
My childhood experience is incomplete without talking about hunting of Esunsun, snails and fruits, so funny unforgettable experience.
This insect comes out at night following light, sometimes in the early morning when it's still dark.
Esunsun are actually termites that fly, very proteinous and nutritious. Known as Macrotermes bellicosus scientifically.
I won't say much about the peptides and all other biochemical and microbiological information about this insect.
Pls, i find it difficult identifying this insect. Is it the same insects that plays around lighted Bulb?
Re: Can You Eat This? A Nairalander Hunted And Fried Flying Termites (photo) by Bennycollins: 12:29pm On Jul 07, 2022
TheStakeHolder:
Sapa induced diet.

lipsrsealed
That thing is rich in protein and taste good. Try it and confirm. It is not about sapa.
Re: Can You Eat This? A Nairalander Hunted And Fried Flying Termites (photo) by Kobojunkie: 12:29pm On Jul 07, 2022
Midas01:
They actually sell them in the market now . Saw it and was wtf

People can eat anything sha.
If anything is meant for eating, why not? undecided
Re: Can You Eat This? A Nairalander Hunted And Fried Flying Termites (photo) by descarado: 12:30pm On Jul 07, 2022
Fucklove:
I love hunting this wonderful creature back then. Whenever it rains, they'll be out in the night seeking for light cool
What they did is called nuptial flight.
Agric science abi biology.
I can still write an essay on this termite and bees.
They have a lot in common and are called social animals.

1 Like

Re: Can You Eat This? A Nairalander Hunted And Fried Flying Termites (photo) by Alexplumbing: 12:30pm On Jul 07, 2022
TheStakeHolder:
Sapa induced diet.

lipsrsealed

Had it been it was package and branded by foreign confectionery or whatever, I believe you won't have reason to reject it when offered. Stop attributing poverty or Sapa to everything, don't be brain washed by your maopic idealogy.
Re: Can You Eat This? A Nairalander Hunted And Fried Flying Termites (photo) by biafranrealson: 12:30pm On Jul 07, 2022
nice food
very delicious, i only hate sand
but in life, one man meat is another mans......
Re: Can You Eat This? A Nairalander Hunted And Fried Flying Termites (photo) by Kobojunkie: 12:30pm On Jul 07, 2022
Truvelisback:
Pls, i find it difficult identifying this insect. Is it the same insects that plays around lighted Bulb?
They swarm particularly after a rain storm. undecided

1 Like

Re: Can You Eat This? A Nairalander Hunted And Fried Flying Termites (photo) by Nobody: 12:30pm On Jul 07, 2022
Kobojunkie:
I remain that Ikorodu is not a village. I grew up there and know that much. undecided

Okay sir.

Let’s assume without a shred of admittance that you are right. grin grin
Re: Can You Eat This? A Nairalander Hunted And Fried Flying Termites (photo) by abfelicity91: 12:30pm On Jul 07, 2022
TheStakeHolder:
Sapa induced diet.

lipsrsealed
Wetin bring sapa for this matter now? Some of you like saying rubbish about something you had no idea about.. You for say na sapa d make you lick sweet or tomtom. Yeye
Re: Can You Eat This? A Nairalander Hunted And Fried Flying Termites (photo) by Phaantom22: 12:31pm On Jul 07, 2022
Ndube, very nutritious : I recommend this as a substitute for those that eat serpent especially on nairaland. cool
Re: Can You Eat This? A Nairalander Hunted And Fried Flying Termites (photo) by descarado: 12:31pm On Jul 07, 2022
Truvelisback:
Yes. It is
Re: Can You Eat This? A Nairalander Hunted And Fried Flying Termites (photo) by TYCO77: 12:32pm On Jul 07, 2022
Harlarbiz01:
I miss eating this flying termites, gone are those days in the late 90s, we are all hunters in the area (Trenches) when it come to this flying termites called Esunsun or Iba as called by we Yorubas, Igbos call it Aku, this termites is said to be very nutritious, so rich in protein.
My childhood experience is incomplete without talking about hunting of Esunsun, snails and fruits, so funny unforgettable experience.
This insect comes out at night following light, sometimes in the early morning when it's still dark.
Esunsun are actually termites that fly, very proteinous and nutritious. Known as Macrotermes bellicosus scientifically.
I won't say much about the peptides and all other biochemical and microbiological information about this insect.
[color=#000099][/color]

Delicious and nutritious.
Re: Can You Eat This? A Nairalander Hunted And Fried Flying Termites (photo) by Kobojunkie: 12:32pm On Jul 07, 2022
litigator:
Okay sir.

Let’s assume without a shred of admittance that you are right. grin grin
Shred ke? Go visit the Oba's palace for education on the history of Ikorodu town so you can learn to address her with dignity. grin
Re: Can You Eat This? A Nairalander Hunted And Fried Flying Termites (photo) by christianjoy(m): 12:32pm On Jul 07, 2022
Tastes like cheese smiley
Re: Can You Eat This? A Nairalander Hunted And Fried Flying Termites (photo) by descarado: 12:33pm On Jul 07, 2022
Lexusgs430:
I can actually taste it now ......... Has a weird taste ........ cheesy

Very weird delicious tasting snack ......... tongue
It wasn't prepared well.

A little pinch of salt and pepper with small maggi.
Fry till it dries. So so sweet.
Re: Can You Eat This? A Nairalander Hunted And Fried Flying Termites (photo) by saydfact(m): 12:34pm On Jul 07, 2022
Harlarbiz01:

BETTER MEAL WITH CORRECT IJEBU GARRI....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Man Buys Frozen Meat That Was Produced 15th Of March (Photo) / See Rice Dishes From Other Countries. (pictures) / Mystery Cows: Kogi Bans Beef Consumption In Lokoja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.