Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,818 members, 7,810,141 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:36 PM

Over 8k Spent In A Lagos Market - Food (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Over 8k Spent In A Lagos Market (65966 Views)

Man Shares Video Of N2k Food He Was Served At A Lagos Hotel / What I Got As Cutlery In A Lagos Eatery / The N16k Prawn, Plantain Served In A Lagos Hotel (Photo, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Over 8k Spent In A Lagos Market by athorello(m): 3:32am On Jul 16, 2022
chikason22:

I bought 750 per kg. Port Harcourt.
It's well with Nigerians. Anybody planning to foist another sufferings on us with his hands come next year, may he /she gets paralyzed and admitted in the hospital until after the election.
What rubbish. angry angry

Location where you bought 750, biko?
Re: Over 8k Spent In A Lagos Market by athorello(m): 3:49am On Jul 16, 2022
That meat is equivalent to what I bought for 1500 in last weekend and it's cow tail that's more expensive. �
I don't like cow meat though so the few times I go for the torso, cow tail or cow head parts.
I prefer goat meat and the cheaper chicken at 2-2.2k per Kg.
I can't do without fish (fresh or smoked scumbia, panla, catfish) though its expensive. That's what always shoot my protein budget to 3-4k to give richness to the food. You dey cook like big man. [left][/left]

Make I give you small tips sha:
Go to the open markets and learn how to bargain well.
Don't price meat especially cow meat. Ask the seller to cut 1k or 1.5k portion for you with a stern warning that you'll walk away if he doesn't do it well. You can ask for another portion if you like or go to another seller. cool
For the Kings oil, I have been going for refill since it was 800 per litre to now 1500. There are other products that go for 1.2 to 1.3k per litre.

Times are hard, man must be more circumspect. cool

1 Like

Re: Over 8k Spent In A Lagos Market by Princepioneer(m): 4:03am On Jul 16, 2022
twilliamx:

Na people wey go go market dey tell meat seller say make he cut 3k meat instead of them to carry a big chunk and price it. That meat is too damn small for 3k.
You na my guy cool cool.. That's how we roll.. cool cool cool cheesy grin wink wink
Re: Over 8k Spent In A Lagos Market by felixawe(m): 5:07am On Jul 16, 2022
This moniker must be Portable grin
Re: Over 8k Spent In A Lagos Market by Tapout(m): 5:18am On Jul 16, 2022
pocohantas:
I think you did well. Everything is very expensive now.

What is the sachet tomatoes for? smiley

The fact that you put a smiling emoji after that statement. grin grin grin
Re: Over 8k Spent In A Lagos Market by Thatakwabombabe: 5:20am On Jul 16, 2022
Earlystar698:
Them beat cheat you for meat, ain't buying that meat for 2k,1500 or 1700 and it's will be bigger than yours

1500 will be bigger than that? Haba! Easy oooohhh which part of Lagos please. Location also matters ooohh

1 Like

Re: Over 8k Spent In A Lagos Market by everythinggirly(f): 5:49am On Jul 16, 2022
Hmm, na oil you wan chop? Oil is expensive now, but that meat no reach 3k haba!
Re: Over 8k Spent In A Lagos Market by Burgerlomo: 5:56am On Jul 16, 2022
But you can use the oil 6 to 7 times nau
Re: Over 8k Spent In A Lagos Market by oladipuposadeeq(m): 6:23am On Jul 16, 2022
thebosstrevor1:
Do you drink Kings oil in your house.

You spent almost half of your budget to buy Kings Oil grin grin

And you are here complaining about what you bought with 8k
probably bought it for future occurrence also because e fit reach next week make you hear say e don add money cheesy

1 Like

Re: Over 8k Spent In A Lagos Market by Honestfrend: 6:46am On Jul 16, 2022
sparko1:

When you fall sick, do you know how much you will spend.

Most food that you can eat and be satisfied for 1k are just poison, trust me, everyone has different body, some, the moment they eat rubbish the very next day you can see the effects (like me), some will eat rubbish for up to 2 years no problem, the day it will knock them down, 2 weeks they are still in the woods.

Let me explain something, you see the oil he bought, 99% of food seller that sells cheap won't use it, in Lagos, we buy everything including water, have you ever considered the water used for cooking the food you eat, some of the water you can't use it to take a bath, if you do, you can get skin diseases.

99% of the food sellers in Lagos use Ajilomoto, (a chemical substance use for bleaching clothes), they won't use chicken knor or any good flavour, they buy meat that seller couldn't sell, use acid/omo to fasten the fermentation of fufu, pomo, plantain and lots more.

OK. I get u.

The food seller is just a few shops away from my place of work.. She doesn't use Ajinomoto, she fetch her water for cooking opposite her shop where other people come to buy drinking water, she is neat.

I hardly buy meant as a matter of fact I hve not bought meat dis year.. I have a small poultry.

1 Like

Re: Over 8k Spent In A Lagos Market by Odaveboy(m): 6:52am On Jul 16, 2022
wumi2017:
Come and be living in ibadan,,you get coconut head,,see meat wey no reach 2k you dey buy am 3k pepper wey no reach 300 for gbaremu market here for iya luku side you dey buy am 600 grin grin grin....... enjoy your meal bro

Meat self don cost for Ibadan ......but not as expensive as this ...
I live in Ibadan
Re: Over 8k Spent In A Lagos Market by Hamachi(f): 7:56am On Jul 16, 2022
folake4u:

He wan use am cook stew na. grin grin

We know say you nor like tomato puree for stew. cheesy
probably because of her health

1 Like

Re: Over 8k Spent In A Lagos Market by Holluwhakemmy(f): 8:14am On Jul 16, 2022
That Meat is too cost for that amount
Re: Over 8k Spent In A Lagos Market by fineboynl(m): 8:19am On Jul 16, 2022
wirinet:

Because all of those sold in big nylon for N1500 are unhealthy adulterated oil. They foam when using it to fry something and has an unpleasant taste.

Original unadulterated Kings oil is quite expensive.
also the freeze during cold.
Re: Over 8k Spent In A Lagos Market by chikason22(m): 8:23am On Jul 16, 2022
athorello:

Location where you bought 750, biko?
Owhipa Choba axis
At Energimatic filling station

1 Like

Re: Over 8k Spent In A Lagos Market by ceeceeco: 8:25am On Jul 16, 2022
That meat should be sold for 1k.
Re: Over 8k Spent In A Lagos Market by mechanics(m): 8:51am On Jul 16, 2022
LoveNbeloved:
Is that 3k meat?
hahhaha, the meat looks like ₦1,000.
Re: Over 8k Spent In A Lagos Market by jeff1607(m): 10:02am On Jul 16, 2022
Ground nut oil wey u suppose get for house as it isn’t a perishable commodity don take all the money, you need to strategize (in sabinus voice)

3k suya (especially liver) is far more than that sef, buy fish or pork , buy things over time to store at home
Re: Over 8k Spent In A Lagos Market by pezeji(m): 10:59am On Jul 16, 2022
This meat for 3k is stealing, I can’t even buy that for 1,500 sef
Re: Over 8k Spent In A Lagos Market by kingcolearchive: 12:47pm On Jul 16, 2022
Na to go keep my money for FairSave cos if care is not taken, Na chop I go use all my money chop. Things are now soo expensive.
Re: Over 8k Spent In A Lagos Market by pocohantas(f): 1:43pm On Jul 16, 2022
Tapout:

The fact that you put a smiling emoji after that statement. grin grin grin

Make I cry? Leave me o.
I don’t know what you are talking about. grin
Re: Over 8k Spent In A Lagos Market by Richie8701(m): 1:57pm On Jul 16, 2022
Wow food is really expensive in Nigeria, I just googled how much 3K is in Rands and I don't think there's any shop that would sell such a small amount of meat for R120 I mean the meet below is a little over 2K in naira, I really like this platform because it teaches me a lot about Nigerians.

Re: Over 8k Spent In A Lagos Market by Islamnightmare: 7:40pm On Jul 16, 2022
Earlystar698:
Them beat cheat you for meat, ain't buying that meat for 2k,1500 or 1700 and it's will be bigger than yours

You believe the liar?
Re: Over 8k Spent In A Lagos Market by JooEeL(m): 4:33am On Jul 17, 2022
Evolutionlove:

Hehe lol, Such reasonable thing can never be done by the Caliber of humans In this part of the world. As you have said It, They are mostly Interested In Religion, Tribal Wars, Chasing What's Under The Skirt,Gossiping et all. I pray the Capitalists continue to hit them hard till they won't be able to afford Food at all. Very useless set of people..grin

Confamd.
Re: Over 8k Spent In A Lagos Market by DrDeuce: 12:40pm On Sep 02, 2022
Not easy.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

See How We Slaughtered And Barbecue Rams And Cows In Birnin Kebbi (photos) / N100 Plate Of Rice In Bauchi State / We Just Killed A Civet Within My Compound {Pictures}

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.