Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,901 members, 7,821,140 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:49 AM

Over 8k Spent In A Lagos Market - Food (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Over 8k Spent In A Lagos Market (66029 Views)

Man Shares Video Of N2k Food He Was Served At A Lagos Hotel / What I Got As Cutlery In A Lagos Eatery / The N16k Prawn, Plantain Served In A Lagos Hotel (Photo, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Over 8k Spent In A Lagos Market by Ihatebuhariwith(m): 9:06pm On Jul 15, 2022
Tonymegabush1:
Hmmm refill my 12.5kg cylinder today for #900 per kg thus #11,250 to fill up shocked was counting the money with enuf anger on my mind embarassed I was standing at the gas station for complete 5mins motionless....
By next week I still have to refill another 10kg cylinder that's another 9k if the price still remains at #900 .

Taking the total to #20,250 to fill my two cylinder under a month....
u get eatery?
Re: Over 8k Spent In A Lagos Market by galantjoe(m): 9:11pm On Jul 15, 2022
The guy must be drinking king's oil. For me to cook such small pot of stew, if all other things remain same, I will buy meat 1500 and half bottle of kings oil N500. Thereby u saving 5000 naira
Re: Over 8k Spent In A Lagos Market by Tonymegabush1(m): 9:13pm On Jul 15, 2022
Ihatebuhariwith:
u get eatery?

Nope .. just household
Re: Over 8k Spent In A Lagos Market by Ihatebuhariwith(m): 9:14pm On Jul 15, 2022
Tonymegabush1:

Nope .. just household
you reach 100 for ur house?
Re: Over 8k Spent In A Lagos Market by nextdoorpal: 9:19pm On Jul 15, 2022
I'm nonplussed at the comments I'm reading sha, them don kill us finish for Akwa-Ibom be this, imagine buying a kilo of meat as at this period last year for #900 a kilo, that's to say I'll spend up to 5k to buy this much meat put on flick by the OP in Uyo then. Never seen a town with so much delight in exploiting it's populace- high cost of food prices etc embarassed
Re: Over 8k Spent In A Lagos Market by Nobody: 9:20pm On Jul 15, 2022
Nigeria wey we dey hope make e better, instead e dey get worse.
Re: Over 8k Spent In A Lagos Market by enoch273: 9:21pm On Jul 15, 2022
Jh0wsef:
Nigeria my kwantry
All the more reason to register for the 9th season of The Next Titan Reality Show, even if I don't win the N20M grand prize, the N5M for runners-up will suffice.

Re: Over 8k Spent In A Lagos Market by Tonymegabush1(m): 9:26pm On Jul 15, 2022
Ihatebuhariwith:
you reach 100 for ur house?

Nope .. just 3person... Well I like refilling gas like that it will stay for 3 months +
Re: Over 8k Spent In A Lagos Market by wiseoneking: 9:31pm On Jul 15, 2022
shortIGBOman:
Wow,una dey enjoy for Lagos. Things are still cheap in Lagos, compared to South EAST. This food stuffs you bought for 8,500 in Lagos is worth over 15k here in the EAST.

We are really suffering here in the East. Buhari and UN should come to our aid. An average man can no longer afford to eat in the East. Price of everything has gone beyound the reach of the comon man in the East.

The media is not reporting the rate at which we are suffering here.

Agụ na-egbu anyị n'alaIgbo
I think you are right done how . SE is far the richest zone in Nigeria and their purchasing power is almost double elsewhere. That's why other Nigerians cnt survive in SE because of poor standard of living in their regions. Typical example is here in the US, something you can buy for $100 goes a partly $60 pr $70 in Mississippi, ohio or Alabama. That means an average SE can survive any where but average Nigeria can't survive in SE.
Re: Over 8k Spent In A Lagos Market by Ihatebuhariwith(m): 9:33pm On Jul 15, 2022
Tonymegabush1:

Nope .. just 3person... Well I like refilling gas like that it will stay for 3 months +
why u deh complain then.. 3months

1 Like

Re: Over 8k Spent In A Lagos Market by porthouse7(f): 9:35pm On Jul 15, 2022
shortIGBOman:
Wow,una dey enjoy for Lagos. Things are still cheap in Lagos, compared to South EAST. This food stuffs you bought for 8,500 in Lagos is worth over 15k here in the EAST.

We are really suffering here in the East. Buhari and UN should come to our aid. An average man can no longer afford to eat in the East. Price of everything has gone beyound the reach of the comon man in the East.

I thought ur people said nobody dey suffer for east dat everyone na millionaire
Re: Over 8k Spent In A Lagos Market by Tonymegabush1(m): 9:38pm On Jul 15, 2022
Ihatebuhariwith:
why u deh complain then.. 3months

I complained because I never refill my cylinder with such amount since I started using gas...

1 Like

Re: Over 8k Spent In A Lagos Market by VirileNelly2420: 9:45pm On Jul 15, 2022
shortIGBOman:

Honestly we don't buy tomato paste at N100 o, was surprised wen I saw it written hundred naira.
Re: Over 8k Spent In A Lagos Market by Niswayne19: 9:59pm On Jul 15, 2022
That’s good to know.
With that money one can also get the Oraimo Palm speaker

Re: Over 8k Spent In A Lagos Market by wumi2017(f): 10:04pm On Jul 15, 2022
Come and be living in ibadan,,you get coconut head,,see meat wey no reach 2k you dey buy am 3k pepper wey no reach 300 for gbaremu market here for iya luku side you dey buy am 600 grin grin grin....... enjoy your meal bro
Re: Over 8k Spent In A Lagos Market by TruthinAction: 10:13pm On Jul 15, 2022
SmartPolician:
Good evening, Nairalanders.

I hope you people are doing great.
So, I decided to go to a Lagos market, buy ingredients for stew and make a pot of stew.

This is what I could buy with over 8k.

Meat = 3k
Veg oil= 4k (King's oil - 2 litres)
Tomato and pepper = 600
Maggi = 100
Onions= 100
Tomato paste = 500 (5 sachets)
Curry leaves = 100

Total = #8400

I want to use this opportunity to appeal to Mr. Seun to incorporate into Nairaland bots that will track keywords used for online begging and block them.

Since some people have decided to foist on everyone bad leaders whom we clearly know have no plans for the country. Let's suffer together if they win but begging on Nairaland should be banned.

What's the connection between what you boughs and those who beg or ask for help? I pray that you should never be in a tight corner that will push you to ask for money online. I know some of them are scammers while there are those with genuine needs.

It's not compulsory you help anyone. But don't discourage those who do. There is blessing in giving. And those who ask for financial support are not necessarily lazy. Only those who have been through this rough road will understand what I am saying.
Re: Over 8k Spent In A Lagos Market by Doyou2019: 10:23pm On Jul 15, 2022
iCauseTrouble:
Why not buy agbado and cassava so that you can start getting used to it now

Damn brother. You wan tear my stomach o grin grin
Re: Over 8k Spent In A Lagos Market by Ejiakusmith(m): 10:25pm On Jul 15, 2022
grin grin lolx
Nna he/she overspend ,,,. maybe he did so because he wanted to
thebosstrevor1:
Do you drink Kings oil in your house.

You spent almost half of your budget to buy Kings Oil grin grin

And you are here complaining about what you bought with 8k
Re: Over 8k Spent In A Lagos Market by ernieboy(m): 10:53pm On Jul 15, 2022
dyera:
You exaggerated the cost of preparing a meal by buying 4k oil when N500 oil would have been enough. The total cost of buying the stew ingredients should have been 5k.
even 5k is astronomical in a country where many states can't pay 30k minimum wage.
Re: Over 8k Spent In A Lagos Market by StylelushMag: 11:04pm On Jul 15, 2022
That meat no supposed to pass 1k or 1,500k. The cheated you.
Re: Over 8k Spent In A Lagos Market by Elimon(m): 11:06pm On Jul 15, 2022
People still de buy meat... Salah meat no finish oo
Re: Over 8k Spent In A Lagos Market by Juliearth(f): 11:22pm On Jul 15, 2022
thebosstrevor1:
Do you drink Kings oil in your house.

You spent almost half of your budget to buy Kings Oil grin grin

And you are here complaining about what you bought with 8k

If you understand the dynamics of shopping and market pricing system, then you would know that its better to buy things like oil, Rice, Beans, Garri/semo in bulk. These items constitute a major strain in cash when shopping. Imagine if oil was off that list, op would have spent about half the price only.
Re: Over 8k Spent In A Lagos Market by Akponsguy34: 11:38pm On Jul 15, 2022
Wait is that 3k meat...whao!!! This country is finished na to use 3k buy suya turn am inside stew be that na
Re: Over 8k Spent In A Lagos Market by TheMostComplex1: 12:43am On Jul 16, 2022
The meat is good & actually good for 3k
Re: Over 8k Spent In A Lagos Market by gulfer: 1:27am On Jul 16, 2022
King's oil to fry meat not fit for kings. This ain't prudent on your path and you got no moral right to complain about what the other half of 8k got for you angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Over 8k Spent In A Lagos Market by clockwisereport: 2:55am On Jul 16, 2022
abobote:

Are you kidding me ?
The same Alaigbo I spent 1month with my family, between February and March.
Tell us another joke

Make una no dey give that mad man attention by replying him. Just pretend he does not exist by reading his trash and ignore him
Re: Over 8k Spent In A Lagos Market by clockwisereport: 3:00am On Jul 16, 2022
KingOfTheDamned:

You are lying uncle

Abeg nake una no dey reply that mad man. His job is to post nonsense about ndi Igbo
Re: Over 8k Spent In A Lagos Market by clockwisereport: 3:00am On Jul 16, 2022
lightnlife:
Wow! Sorry to hear this.

What exactly is happening in the South East?

Why are food stuff that expensive?

I'd like to know.

That guy is a troll. His job is to insult Igbos
Re: Over 8k Spent In A Lagos Market by clockwisereport: 3:02am On Jul 16, 2022
Kingxchange44:

Bloody liar, that meat was same size of meat I bought 800 naira here in Umuahia. Imagine that little pepper

Please stop replying that mad man. He trolls Igbos for a living.
Re: Over 8k Spent In A Lagos Market by clockwisereport: 3:06am On Jul 16, 2022
PENNYSWAP:

Which of the east you Dey wey hunger wan kill u
I’m sure it’s not South East

That guy is a troll. Please let us learn to ignore him and his types
Re: Over 8k Spent In A Lagos Market by clockwisereport: 3:12am On Jul 16, 2022
Christboy320:

Which igbo land cause in Enugu where I am before coming to lagos this year January I can eat 300 naira food and it will be okay for me

That mad man is a troll. Let us learn to ignore him and his types
Re: Over 8k Spent In A Lagos Market by clockwisereport: 3:16am On Jul 16, 2022
porthouse7:
I thought ur people said nobody dey suffer for east dat everyone na millionaire

You should be able to recognize a troll when you see one

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

N100 Plate Of Rice In Bauchi State / We Just Killed A Civet Within My Compound {Pictures} / Who Remembers This Primary School Days Method Of Cooking 'Concoction Rice'?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.