Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,482 members, 7,958,453 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 02:41 PM

Soludo: More Than Half Of Anambra People Live Outside State - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soludo: More Than Half Of Anambra People Live Outside State (24350 Views)

President Tinubu values Soludo more than most APC members- APGA / Adamu: Biafra Map Less Than Half Of Borno, Nnamdi Kanu To Burn That Small Region / Falana: Posting Policemen Outside State Of Origin Is Unproductive (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soludo: More Than Half Of Anambra People Live Outside State by haffaze777(m): 9:01am On Jul 03, 2022
obynzo:

But Tinubu left Osun naaa

How is makoko this morninggrin

3 Likes

Re: Soludo: More Than Half Of Anambra People Live Outside State by Gbemini(m): 9:02am On Jul 03, 2022
ghettokid1:
https://dailypost.ng/2022/07/02/more-than-half-of-anambra-people-live-outside-state-soludo/?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1656781966
They were all living in a state where tinubu built , the place where they all called zoo, now they want to be president of the zoo... Nonsense

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soludo: More Than Half Of Anambra People Live Outside State by Nobody: 9:05am On Jul 03, 2022
haffaze777:

How is makoko this morninggrin

Dude you took drugs this morning, does it look like I stay in Makoko?
Re: Soludo: More Than Half Of Anambra People Live Outside State by Komu1048(m): 9:06am On Jul 03, 2022
oneeast:
Lagos was the former capital of Nigeria. Just like many Nigerian elites are now in Abuja. I want to know how many yorroba ex governors that stay in the mud house infested capital(ibadan) of yoroobaland. All yorrobas including Tinubu left their mud house infested states and ran to live in Lagos.

Before lagos, lokoja and calabar were first the capital of Nigeria. And you will never came out to claim that Cox they weren't managed well .
You will never see Fayose, Segun Oni, Segun Mimiko etc running to lagos despite the are from southwest, despite even former Edo governors stay with their people. It is only this igbos that will never stay in their place just to create problems in there.

And y'all will be claiming former state capital, so because it was once a state capital, u guys are not immobile and can't go elsewhere

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soludo: More Than Half Of Anambra People Live Outside State by kozmokaz(m): 9:08am On Jul 03, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:

Not true sir. I used to think that Igbos are a majority in population and that we have more Igbo outside SE but data has proven otherwise. There are more Igbo living in the 5 Igbo SE states and Anambra is no exception..

My hypothesis is that Igbo population has been inflated. The most emperical data show that 20% of Igbo are domiciled outside the SE, 80% are domiciled within the 5 Igbo SE states and the Igbo population is actually a minority population.

Luckily, numbers do not have emotion. Below are the facts:

1. Due to history, cultural affinity, linguistic spread of the Igbo language and Igbo-speakers, most of this 20% Igbo living outside Igboland will be more in states such as Rivers, Delta, Kogi and Benue that border the 5 Igbo SE states than far away places like Lagos, Kano and Abuja.

2. Data from recent inec voters registration for Osun alone is higher than the total registration in Igbo South East (screenshot below)

3. Satelite image of Aba, Onitsha, Enugu, Ebonyi compared to Ibadan show a small area of dense population https://www.nairaland.com/7186666/aba-ibadan-satellite-picture-aba

4. Data from 2021 JAMB registration show that 447,857 are indigenes of SW states that registered their states of origin as Lagos, Oyo, Osun, Ekiti, Ondo and Ogun for JAMB against 320,306 indigenes of SE that registered their states of origin as Abia, Imo, Enugu, Ebonyi and Anambra. Only 20% (70K out of the 320K) of the JAMB candidates of SE origin live outside the 5 Igbo SE states.

5. Demograhics data of internet subscribers also support my hypothesis like other demographic data captured with better data capturing tools, https://www.nairaland.com/7203013/states-nigeria-largest-internet-subscribers that validated my hypothesis that Igbo population in SE is inflated and the Igbo are a minority group in terms of population.

6. Data from overall inec voters registration show Igbo among the lowest with the only Igbo state, Anambra state, at the bottom of the top 10 https://nairametrics.com/2022/06/30/top-10-states-with-the-highest-number-of-registered-voters-as-of-june-27-2022/

The politicians knew this reality all along hence no serious effort to canvass for votes aggressively in SE like they do for other zones.

SE may just be same population as states with similar land size as it like Kaduna or Katsina or Oyo and the SE is by far the least populated of all the geopolitical zones.

As things stand now, no serious contender can bank on votes from SE and a serious contender will not get the voting strength incentive from the SE.

The SE is a minority vote region even far behind the minority tribes-dominated SS from these data.

Data from JAMB show the Igbo population is abysmally low, so low that only Imo state featured in the top 10 states with registered indigenes sitting for JAMB and for Igbo dominated schools, the Igbo were no. 4 top for universities with UNN ,No. 8 for polytechnics and no single college of Education in Igboland made it among the top 10 colleges of Education with highest registered JAMB candidates !
https://utmeofficial.com.ng/jamb/jamb-registration-statistics-2020-2021-by-course-universities-polytechnics-nce-and-state-of-origin/

On number of JAMB applicants who are Igbo, Anambra state is the Igbo state with the highest number of registered candidates yet was No. 16 on the list far far behind! And all the JAMB candidates registered for JAMB in the whole of SE just adds up to about the total candidates in Lagos state alone or sum for Oyo and Ogun.

As at now the best and cleanest data indicate that about 80% of Igbo are domiciled in the SE while 20% are domiciled outside the 5 Igbo SE states.

Out of the 320,306 Igbo candidates in the 2020-2021, max.(when you add total candidates that registered for JAMB in those 5 SE states and assume they are all Igbo) only about 250K(~80%)account for candidates that sat for exam in the SE while about 70K(20%) are Igbo candidates who registered outside the SE to represent the total Igbo candidates.
It makes sense because you have more Igbo domiciled in SE than outside SE.

So where is the high Igbo population I used to imagine??

Internet subscribers; low

Inec registration; low

Jamb applicants writing Jamb in SE; low;

Jamb applicants based on State of origin; low

land mass; low
Yet
Analogue Census; High(?)

So all these data conflate to prove that Igbo are a minority group by population but have inflated numbers which call for scientific enquiry.

Honestly bro

I took my time to read what you wrote here

You analysis makes no sense .. try connecting the dots You sure will confess to your self too

Igbo population inflated ? Lol

Newest lie of the century
Re: Soludo: More Than Half Of Anambra People Live Outside State by Perfectbeing(m): 9:11am On Jul 03, 2022
And it will be so ironic to know that a large percentage of those half are in the "worst city" to live in
Re: Soludo: More Than Half Of Anambra People Live Outside State by haffaze777(m): 9:12am On Jul 03, 2022
obynzo:

Dude you took drugs this morning, does it look like I stay in Makoko?

I don't do mkpurumiri bro.Oya tell me where you stay in Westgrin

3 Likes

Re: Soludo: More Than Half Of Anambra People Live Outside State by Nobody: 9:14am On Jul 03, 2022
saintrow1:

Another enemy of progress. Anti yoruba
We are proud of tinubu's achievement in lagos
I have noticed that people always hate any yoruba that contribute significantly to the growth and development of yoruba land.
The same way they hated awolowo. The man did a good job in western Nigeria. The children of hate were so jealous of him. Any yoruba man that serve the interest of yoruba people is always hated.
Tinubu will be the president in 2023. If you have a problem with that pls start relocating now.

You don't have sense honestly. You are behaving like a street urchin I don't hate Tinubu at all. So my correcting and pointing out your lies most especially the lie about Eko Atlantic means I hate Tinubu? Oga stop disgracing your family that spent hard earned money to train you in school. Everybody even you knows that Lagos is what it is because it was the former federal capital territory and it is a commercial nerve center of Nigeria because of that fact not because of anything that Tinubu did. Without the Deep sea port Lagos is still cosmopolitan so let us stop playing ethnic politics and say the truth as it is

1 Like

Re: Soludo: More Than Half Of Anambra People Live Outside State by Nobody: 9:15am On Jul 03, 2022
haffaze777:

I don't do mkpurumiri bro.Oya tell me where you stay in Westgrin

Tell me your state in the SW because obviously you are not from Lagos.

1 Like

Re: Soludo: More Than Half Of Anambra People Live Outside State by Nobody: 9:15am On Jul 03, 2022
inoki247:

Lol I know you people will come and cry in my mention...

if your region is so good with the way you guys keep hyping it why all na dey run from your region....

If Osun which is your state is a good state why are you ashamed of it? Why are you claiming Lagos?

1 Like

Re: Soludo: More Than Half Of Anambra People Live Outside State by Nobody: 9:17am On Jul 03, 2022
Pakute:

Trash. Don't compare markets to industries.
Give us the numbers of industries in Anambra.

Again you have just demonstrated sheer ignorance who told you Nnewi and Onitsha are just markets? There industrial layouts there with Industries the local, the Chinese and the Indian industries are there. Travel a lot so that you would have sense.

1 Like

Re: Soludo: More Than Half Of Anambra People Live Outside State by rickyrex(m): 9:18am On Jul 03, 2022
cocolacec:

State of origin is a military creation.Yorubas belong to Oyo empire,every Yoruba sons and daughters have the rights and privileges to aspire and become whatever they desire in Oyo Empire.
when they are powerless to get whats rightfully theirs, they look for cheap excuse. Nah him make tinubu and obasanjo never dey at peace till today. Be decieving yourself. Leave history wey no corrolate and face reality.
Re: Soludo: More Than Half Of Anambra People Live Outside State by haffaze777(m): 9:18am On Jul 03, 2022
obynzo:

Tell me your state in the SW because obviously you are not from Lagos.

Ogun state,Oya Tell me where in South West you run to?

3 Likes

Re: Soludo: More Than Half Of Anambra People Live Outside State by Biafraaa: 9:18am On Jul 03, 2022
Soludo na scam. Anambra is gradually turning into the Dust bin capital of Nigeria and nothing is being done. I don't even know a single thing this man has achieved since he was elected.
Don't quote me if you don't live in Anambra.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soludo: More Than Half Of Anambra People Live Outside State by sencekompis: 9:19am On Jul 03, 2022
AWON ECONOMY REFUGEES

1 Like

Re: Soludo: More Than Half Of Anambra People Live Outside State by ziondaughter247: 9:19am On Jul 03, 2022
ghettokid1:
you are right Anambra is the most populous Igbo state

This is a BLOODY LIE!!!
Anambra has more population because it is a centre of commerce, but Imo state has the HIGHEST number of indegenous IGBOS... This is very evident even in the state of origin breakdown of people who register for commonentrance, jamb, WAEC and even in the civil service...
It is just like saying Lagos state has the highest number of yoruba citizens...Lol..when Ogun state is there!!

Anambra just like Lagos is advantaged because of it's close location to a major body of water...So it is the most likely to attract commerce and development, hence people flock to these areas....
IMO state has the highest number of Igbo Aborigines and IS THE CORE CENTRE/ORIGIN OF IGBO SOCIETY!!!. No lies or manipulation can hide this fact

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soludo: More Than Half Of Anambra People Live Outside State by Nobody: 9:19am On Jul 03, 2022
haffaze777:

Ogun state,Oya Tell me where in South West you run to?

Stop claiming Lagos, please talk more about your state and be concerned about its progress stop coming to Lagos threads and be claiming SW. It is for Lagos only
Re: Soludo: More Than Half Of Anambra People Live Outside State by Guynexttdoor: 9:20am On Jul 03, 2022
Because u already grouped Igbos only the political way of only South East, I'm from delta state and I'm Igbo. Some part of south south states are also igbo dominated origins even in edo state that you think is only benin people,we have the Igbos there also.

1 Like

Re: Soludo: More Than Half Of Anambra People Live Outside State by haffaze777(m): 9:21am On Jul 03, 2022
obynzo:

Stop claiming Lagos, please talk more about your state and be concerned about its progress stop coming to Lagos threads and be claiming SW. It is for Lagos only
okay sir,where are you in South Westgrin,don't worry we no get saint unknown gun men here,feel free to tell me where in obodo south west you are.

3 Likes

Re: Soludo: More Than Half Of Anambra People Live Outside State by fanzine(f): 9:24am On Jul 03, 2022
Thantayo:
Please bring your people back by improving your state, just so they stop packing themselves into lagos like titus sardines.

I didn't read the post.
mumu,it's only Lagos that exists in the whole world
Re: Soludo: More Than Half Of Anambra People Live Outside State by inoki247: 9:25am On Jul 03, 2022
obynzo:

If Osun which is your state is a good state why are you ashamed of it? Why are you claiming Lagos?

Lol so na only Osun dey south west....

And what gives you the impression I can't even be from Lagos we are not like you people dat discriminate with each oda you will see someone from Anambra abusing Ebonyi man nd calling him all sort of names nd accusing him of coming to commit crime in his state...

We are not daft like you people even religion we don't discriminate na u people still create Yoruba muslims Tag wen in each family we av the 3 religions....

So you guys are confused don't assume everybody will be confused the way people from your region are confused and discriminate against odas....

2 Likes

Re: Soludo: More Than Half Of Anambra People Live Outside State by Craig24: 9:26am On Jul 03, 2022
blazingblender:
Swears alot of Anambra citizen never smell their village since Dem born Dem
Somebody like my junior brother
Who has only visited the village twice
But the thing be say if you go now
Them go use juju pursue you

If them use juju pursue you then use juju defend/protect yourself and then counter attack.

The person wey dey pursue you no be one head himself get?
Re: Soludo: More Than Half Of Anambra People Live Outside State by inoki247: 9:28am On Jul 03, 2022
obynzo:

And what gives you the impression I can't even be from Lagos we are not like you people dat discriminate with each oda you will see someone from Anambra abusing Ebonyi man nd calling him all sort of names nd accusing him of coming to commit crime in his state...

We are not daft like you people even religion we don't discriminate na u people still create Yoruba muslims Tag wen in each family we av the 3 religions....

So you guys are confused don't assume everybody will be confused the way people from your region are confused and discriminate against odas....

And you can never see people from Osun claim they're more than the citizens of Lagos that shows people of Osun still believe in their states not like you people that never believed in your states....

You've to run away from your state and start claiming you're more then the citizen of the host state and region.....

2 Likes

Re: Soludo: More Than Half Of Anambra People Live Outside State by Conrod: 9:29am On Jul 03, 2022
trutharena:
Why are they running away from their states? I thought Obi Pandora made it paradise?

There are more israelis outside than inside their country despite their prosperity.....its our people's way of life.
Re: Soludo: More Than Half Of Anambra People Live Outside State by ebufa: 9:31am On Jul 03, 2022
Thantayo:
Please bring your people back by improving your state, just so they stop packing themselves into lagos like titus sardines.

I didn't read the post.

oya come and unpack them now! one nigeria never tire you mofos?
Re: Soludo: More Than Half Of Anambra People Live Outside State by Nobody: 9:31am On Jul 03, 2022
inoki247:

And you can never see people from Osun claim they're more than the citizens of Lagos that shows people of Osun still believe in their states not like you people that never believed in your states....

You've to run away from your state and start claiming you're more then the citizen of the host state and region.....

Oga face your state and stop famzying with Lagos. If me that stays in Lagos cannot comment on the affairs if Lagos then you too should allow indigenes of Lagos to comment and go back to your state.

1 Like

Re: Soludo: More Than Half Of Anambra People Live Outside State by Nobody: 9:32am On Jul 03, 2022
haffaze777:
okay sir,where are you in South Westgrin,don't worry we no get saint unknown gun men here,feel free to tell me where in obodo south west you are.

I stay in Onitsha and we have no Unknown gunmen there. Go back to you state in SW and wait for Fulani herdsmen in the forest to strafe your A***ss

1 Like

Re: Soludo: More Than Half Of Anambra People Live Outside State by Pakute: 9:34am On Jul 03, 2022
obynzo:

Again you have just demonstrated sheer ignorance who told you Nnewi and Onitsha are just markets? There industrial layouts there with Industries the local, the Chinese and the Indian industries are there. Travel a lot so that you would have sense.
Pls, leave out Chinese and Indian industries. We're talking Anambra industrialists.. give us statistics.. dazall
Re: Soludo: More Than Half Of Anambra People Live Outside State by ziondaughter247: 9:34am On Jul 03, 2022
ThinkSmarter:
Imo=27 local govts, Anambra=21

I think it is population by number as per number of inhabitants, just like Lagos, Rivers, Kano etc - whose major inhabitants are non-indigenes who relocated to the state for greener pastures. I find it very arrogant when these same Anambra ppl claim that they developed Lagos but quite a number of the traders in Onitsha market are not from Anambra, they just came there because of the commerce in the area. And it is silly for them to keep bragging about higher GDP and all that but hate when Lagos claims the highest GDP, as it's only natural that Anambra GDP is better than other southeast states due to it's vantage location...Any area that is close to water and is not landlocked will easily attract commericial and development activites, just like Lagos

But in terms of number of indigenes, IMO STATE has the highest number of Igbo indigenes. No amount of lies by these people will distort this FACT...

4 Likes

Re: Soludo: More Than Half Of Anambra People Live Outside State by inoki247: 9:35am On Jul 03, 2022
obynzo:

Oga face your state and stop famzying with Lagos. If me that stays in Lagos cannot comment on the affairs if Lagos then you too should allow indigenes of Lagos to comment and go back to your state.

Lol you think I'm like you I can tell u my agbole in Lagos and my Village since you don't av work you can go dere to confirm if I'm from there or not or u think Lagos don't av Village...

You people always assume rubbish....

I'm not famzing I will never run away from my home nd for your information i don't even live in Lagos cos of the stress that comes with Lagos so stop assuming everybody see Lagos as abroad the way u see it.....

From the convo sef I never bring Lagos to the conversation na u drag Lagos to the conversation and start thinking everybody cherish Lagos the way you people see it as abroad....

I stay in another south west state that as a lesser holdup nd a bit stress free Lagos is not the only state in SW and Osun is not the only state in SW.....

So get sense if you don't av one....

Tell your people to go back home and develop dere Biafra at least if they can't stay in dere Anambra tell dem to go to Abia, Ebonyi or any state in SE you guys are family develop your region together...

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Rivers Election: Don't Rejoice Prematurely, Eze Tells Wike, Abe / Anambra Election: Adamu Garba React As PDP Share ₦400 And A Malt Drink / Lagos State Governor Ambode Represents Tinubu At An Event

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.