Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,800 members, 7,817,312 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:01 AM

Soludo: More Than Half Of Anambra People Live Outside State - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soludo: More Than Half Of Anambra People Live Outside State (23911 Views)

President Tinubu values Soludo more than most APC members- APGA / Adamu: Biafra Map Less Than Half Of Borno, Nnamdi Kanu To Burn That Small Region / Falana: Posting Policemen Outside State Of Origin Is Unproductive (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soludo: More Than Half Of Anambra People Live Outside State by Nobody: 10:30am On Jul 03, 2022
brosom:
okija comes to mind when it comes to juju, very mean people with archaic tradition
What of your archaic "Oro" tradition?.
Where a king dies and heads must be buried alongside him.
Re: Soludo: More Than Half Of Anambra People Live Outside State by Hairyrapunzel: 10:31am On Jul 03, 2022
PresidObi:
Anambra is a small state with a very large population. Anambra cannot contain all of Anambra people and all their large companies, estates, offices etc.

Anambra has spilled into many neighbouring states like Delta, Enugu, Imo.

Since the 1940s, Anambra people have been moving into other parts of the world, but they always return, with a lot of prosperity.
Prosperity they can never get in Anambra

3 Likes

Re: Soludo: More Than Half Of Anambra People Live Outside State by ziondaughter247: 10:32am On Jul 03, 2022
oneeast:
This clown is still yapping nonsense. Anambra has the highest indigenous population in SE,even though imo indigenes are running to Anambra for greener pasture.

Hahahaha.... Many of you on this nairaland are very unintelligent... grin grin
Please go and look at data, huh, I don't argue with illiterates.... cheesy
Then where are Anambra people running to wink?? As stated by Mr Soludo?? So you mean Anambra people left their 'land of milk and honey' grin for Imo people who are seeking for greener pastures...How generous of you all tongue
Chei...laugh wan kill me

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soludo: More Than Half Of Anambra People Live Outside State by oneeast: 10:34am On Jul 03, 2022
cheesy cheesy

Chai. Na so e pain you reach?

You are obviously bereft of commonsense. My point is that whether one is from Onitsha or Nnewi, that everyone from Anambra deserves to pride with those places, just like even Ghana pride with Accra even though everyone is not from there. Just like Yorubas pride with Lagos even though they all came from mud house infested states.

You are quite pained and bitter that Anambra people pride with their place. While you cannot point to anything in your backward useless worthless shithole state to be proud of.

Today your state is the worst and most backward state in Nigeria. You should be hiding somewhere. cheesy

ziondaughter247:

miscreant!!! This one pain you sha... I can tell already that you're not from Onitsha or nnewi...You are just busy latching on to the successes of people from these areas while you lanquish in abject poverty in your impoverished village.....which is what many of you here do..Onitsha for instance has grown to become a cosmopolitan city(more like cosmolitan dump!!), that people from everywhere, other states and even foreigners are now part of its growth and development.' - lol, this is a joke right??Besides like I said before, Onitsha just like Lagos is at an advantage because of its Location to a major body of water, hence the commercial activities there. See how you're running all over the place like a headless fowl..
Re: Soludo: More Than Half Of Anambra People Live Outside State by SugarGirl44(f): 10:37am On Jul 03, 2022
oneeast:

This shows that yorubaland is still I'm stone age while SE is the 21st century. Pictures don't lie . cheesy

1. Ibadan(capital of yoroobaland)

2. Onitsha

I just replied a nonentity that posted the same picture now.
All of you circulate the same shit among yourselves.
Cursed tribe, you carry SW matter for head like gala.
Yet you keep trooping down.

1 Like

Re: Soludo: More Than Half Of Anambra People Live Outside State by oneeast: 10:38am On Jul 03, 2022
cheesy
There's no mischief in my post. Ibadan we all know is covered by 90% with mud houses and rustic brown roofs. This is a fact, not fiction.

You people are living in stone age.

SugarGirl44:

Very mischievous of you, well that's how your tribe is.
Ibadan is an ancient city, it has the old and modern part.
But you only took pictures of the old side.

Mind you, there's nothing to be ashamed of about the old part, it's a symbol of history. If it were in Egypt or Israel, you silly people would pay to go and do pilgrimage there. But because it's here, you say jargons.

And as bad as you and your fellow Igbos yab SW, you guys still use all your life savings to buy traveling box and take night bus down here, no be ment be that?
You're all sick in the head, that's the only excuse.

Re: Soludo: More Than Half Of Anambra People Live Outside State by nesphil(m): 10:39am On Jul 03, 2022
Story for the gods grin grin grin if Lagos which is smaller than Anambra can contain the number of people, factories, estates, etc that it contains and there are still lands for new development then your comment makes no sense at all.
PresidObi:
Anambra is a small state with a very large population. Anambra cannot contain all of Anambra people and all their large companies, estates, offices etc.

Since the 1940s, Anambra people have been moving into other parts of the world, but they always return, with a lot of prosperity.

1 Like

Re: Soludo: More Than Half Of Anambra People Live Outside State by oneeast: 10:40am On Jul 03, 2022
SugarGirl44:

I just replied a nonentity that posted the same picture now.
All of you circulate the same shit among yourselves.
Cursed tribe, you carry SW matter for head like gala.
Yet you keep trooping down.

I circulate fact. Yoroobaland is cursed, that's why oba of lagos rejected you tiger faced people. Igbos don't go to your shithole villages of ibadan, Abeokuta, osogbo, akure, etc. Igbos go to lagos which is not yoroobaland. Go back to your mud house infested states, leave lagos alone

Re: Soludo: More Than Half Of Anambra People Live Outside State by Nobody: 10:41am On Jul 03, 2022
Personally, I think Anambra is too small to contain all its indigenes and our brothers from neighbouring states. Passing Onitsha head bridge alone and other places is hectic with massive traffic jams and too much crowd. Imagine if most of us decide to stay back. Anambra is almost overpopulated.

Naturally, an Igbo man loves travelling far and wide but not without building a magnificent house back home where he can stay when he comes back to see his people. That's one thing I love about my people.

My village for example has many magnificent buildings all around, the owners are in Faraway states. Only young ones, youths and old people are left and everywhere is still thriving.
If u travel home now, nobody is staying in those houses except for maybe few houseworkers. By Festivities period, everywhere would just be bubbling and there would be enough merriment to go round.
Re: Soludo: More Than Half Of Anambra People Live Outside State by sreamsense: 10:42am On Jul 03, 2022
PresidObi:

What is the population of entire Anambra that can not contain it's people? Is Anambra in term of land mass not bigger than Lagos ? Lagos is smaller but it contains times six of the population of Anambra, so why won't Anambra contain its people? All those big bush places where Ipob/esn are hiding, those slums, farm lands and non-indegines living in Anambra, how many of them have been turned to houses before we can believe him.

He is just talking without authentic statistics to boost needless ego. Anambra is bigger than Lagos in term of Landmass, but Lagos hosts times six of Anambra population. It can still contain all if these outside decide to come home. What makes people run to other places majorly is insecurity and non-conducive working environment. He should bend down to work, don't expect UN to come and build road, fight insecurity when you are not at war

1 Like

Re: Soludo: More Than Half Of Anambra People Live Outside State by oneeast: 10:44am On Jul 03, 2022
Just look at this illiterate is writing jaga jaga and crying while pretending to be laughing with emoji.

Anambra represents to the SE what Lagos represents to the SW and PH to SS. Anambra is not your mate that's why millions of your kinsmen are trooping to Anambra for greener pasture. cheesy

ziondaughter247:

Hahahaha.... Many of you on this nairaland are very unintelligent...
Please go and look at data, huh, I don't argue with illiterates....
Then where are Anambra people running to wink?? As stated by Mr Soludo?? So you mean Anambra people left their 'land of milk and honey' for Imo people who are seeking for greener pastures...How generous of you all
Chei...laugh wan kill me
Re: Soludo: More Than Half Of Anambra People Live Outside State by SugarGirl44(f): 10:46am On Jul 03, 2022
oneeast:

I circulate fact. Yoroobaland is cursed, that's why oba of lagos rejected you tiger faced people. Igbos don't go to your shithole villages of ibadan, Abeokuta, osogbo, akure, etc. Igbos go to lagos which is not yoroobaland. Go back to your mud house infested states, leave lagos alone

Lol. Omo ale.
So Lagos belongs to your father I guess.
You'll soon be thrown out again, the last time fashola did it, your miserable igwes had to come and beg him. Why didn't they take him to court if Lagos doesn't belong to Yoruba?

I know you have nothing to be proud of as an omo ibo, so you life depends on us.
What a shame.
Try and go that place you call home tomorrow, would be glad to see your severed head on NL front page. grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Soludo: More Than Half Of Anambra People Live Outside State by SugarGirl44(f): 10:48am On Jul 03, 2022
oneeast:

cheesy
There's no mischief in my post. Ibadan we all know is covered by 90% with mud houses and rustic brown roofs. This is a fact, not fiction.

You people are living in stone age.

But your fathers, uncles and other wretched family members would rather die on SW soil that live in the east.
Why is that?

1 Like

Re: Soludo: More Than Half Of Anambra People Live Outside State by oneeast: 10:48am On Jul 03, 2022
cheesy

Miserable yorooba scratch face. See what the owners of lagos said. Go back to your desert yorubaland.

SugarGirl44:

Lol. Omo ale.
So Lagos belongs to your father I guess.
You'll soon be thrown out again, the last time fashola did it, your miserable igwes had to come and beg him. Why didn't they take him to court if Lagos doesn't belong to Yoruba?

I know you have nothing to be proud of as an omo ibo, so you life depends on us.
What a shame.
Try and go that place you call home tomorrow, would be glad to see your severed head on NL front page. D

Re: Soludo: More Than Half Of Anambra People Live Outside State by oneeast: 10:50am On Jul 03, 2022
SugarGirl44:

But your fathers, uncles and other wretched family members would rather die on SW soil that live in the east.
Why is that?

Stop mentioning SW. Igbos only go to Lagos. Igbos don't go to yoroobaland which comprises of villages like ibadan, Abeokuta, osigbo, akure, Ado Ekiti

Re: Soludo: More Than Half Of Anambra People Live Outside State by AwaLokan: 10:50am On Jul 03, 2022
PresidObi:

The population of Anambra is just 5.5million so how is that number a very large number?
Re: Soludo: More Than Half Of Anambra People Live Outside State by SugarGirl44(f): 10:55am On Jul 03, 2022
oneeast:

Stop mentioning SW. Igbos only go to Lagos. Igbos don't go to yoroobaland which comprises of villages like ibadan, Abeokuta, osigbo, akure, Ado Ekiti

Igbo people are in every nook and crany of SW, so you don't know?
Your land has gotten the baton of war and impoverishness from war torn countries in the world.
That's why ibos would rather die in Yoruba soil than live in the muddy pool region.

Just pick a phone now and call all your extended family members and ask them where they are, you'll be shocked they're all in SW.

1 Like

Re: Soludo: More Than Half Of Anambra People Live Outside State by oneeast: 10:58am On Jul 03, 2022
Igbo people are only in Lagos which is the former FCT. Igbos are not in yoroobaland because Igbos don't live in mud houses

SugarGirl44:

Igbo people are in every nook and crany of SW, so you don't know?
Your land has gotten the baton of war and impoverishness from war torn countries in the world.
That's why ibos would rather die in Yoruba soil than live in the muddy pool region.

Just pick a phone now and call all your extended family members and ask them where they are, you'll be shocked they're all in SW.

Re: Soludo: More Than Half Of Anambra People Live Outside State by SugarGirl44(f): 10:58am On Jul 03, 2022
oneeast:

Yibhoe people are in every nook and crany of SW, so you don't know?

1 Like

Re: Soludo: More Than Half Of Anambra People Live Outside State by oneeast: 10:58am On Jul 03, 2022
Stop mentioning SW. Igbos only go to Lagos. Igbos don't go to yoroobaland which comprises of mud houses infested villages like ibadan, Abeokuta, osigbo, akure, Ado Ekiti

SugarGirl44:

Yibhoe people are in every nook and crany of SW, so you don't know?

Re: Soludo: More Than Half Of Anambra People Live Outside State by Abagworo(m): 11:07am On Jul 03, 2022
OriOko88:
Only Onitsha and nnewi are densely populated in anambra.. Other towns over there are stark villages with few mansions. I think anambra has high mortality rate hence their low population. The rate at which young people die there is a major course for concern. Its as if d old witches are killing d younger ones....maybe that's one of d major reasons igbos dont stay in their towns.. Fear of village people.
I served in ekwusigo in 2016, d rate of deaths then was so high..and people think its normal thing.. They even do Burial like carnival.,and by 6 7 pm everywhere don silent like grave. I quickly japa without looking back after service.

Anambra is the most densely populated State in Nigeria besides Lagos. Apart from Ogbaru and Anambra LGAs the rest of the State is very densely populated. The same goes to Imo which is the 3rd most densely populated State in Nigeria. Those places you consider villages are half as densely populated as the urban centers whereas in other parts of Nigeria the villages are very sparsely populated compared with landmass.

Re: Soludo: More Than Half Of Anambra People Live Outside State by Iretii0511(m): 11:17am On Jul 03, 2022
princdebola201:
can I get the link to the jamb registration

Don’t mind that guy.

Re: Soludo: More Than Half Of Anambra People Live Outside State by adiori0303: 11:19am On Jul 03, 2022
Obi cubana
Kc
Emoney
Phyno
Psquare
Flavour.
The list goes on and on
People wey carry nylon bag travel night bus come lagos. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Soludo: More Than Half Of Anambra People Live Outside State by aribisala0(m): 11:21am On Jul 03, 2022
Anambra state is 4,844 square kilometers
Singapore is 728 square kilometers

Singapore has a population of 5 million plus so there is plenty of space in Anambra

Go Home

3 Likes

Re: Soludo: More Than Half Of Anambra People Live Outside State by FamTomx2(m): 11:41am On Jul 03, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:

Not true sir. I used to think that Igbos are a majority in population and that we have more Igbo outside SE but data has proven otherwise. There are more Igbo living in the 5 Igbo SE states and Anambra is no exception..

My hypothesis is that Igbo population has been inflated. The most emperical data show that 20% of Igbo are domiciled outside the SE, 80% are domiciled within the 5 Igbo SE states and the Igbo population is actually a minority population.

Luckily, numbers do not have emotion. Below are the facts:

1. Due to history, cultural affinity, linguistic spread of the Igbo language and Igbo-speakers, most of this 20% Igbo living outside Igboland will be more in states such as Rivers, Delta, Kogi and Benue that border the 5 Igbo SE states than far away places like Lagos, Kano and Abuja.

2. Data from recent inec voters registration for Osun alone is higher than the total registration in Igbo South East (screenshot below)

3. Satelite image of Aba, Onitsha, Enugu, Ebonyi compared to Ibadan show a small area of dense population https://www.nairaland.com/7186666/aba-ibadan-satellite-picture-aba

4. Data from 2021 JAMB registration show that 447,857 are indigenes of SW states that registered their states of origin as Lagos, Oyo, Osun, Ekiti, Ondo and Ogun for JAMB against 320,306 indigenes of SE that registered their states of origin as Abia, Imo, Enugu, Ebonyi and Anambra. Only 20% (70K out of the 320K) of the JAMB candidates of SE origin live outside the 5 Igbo SE states.

5. Demograhics data of internet subscribers also support my hypothesis like other demographic data captured with better data capturing tools, https://www.nairaland.com/7203013/states-nigeria-largest-internet-subscribers that validated my hypothesis that Igbo population in SE is inflated and the Igbo are a minority group in terms of population.

6. Data from overall inec voters registration show Igbo among the lowest with the only Igbo state, Anambra state, at the bottom of the top 10 https://nairametrics.com/2022/06/30/top-10-states-with-the-highest-number-of-registered-voters-as-of-june-27-2022/

The politicians knew this reality all along hence no serious effort to canvass for votes aggressively in SE like they do for other zones.

SE may just be same population as states with similar land size as it like Kaduna or Katsina or Oyo and the SE is by far the least populated of all the geopolitical zones.

As things stand now, no serious contender can bank on votes from SE and a serious contender will not get the voting strength incentive from the SE.

The SE is a minority vote region even far behind the minority tribes-dominated SS from these data.

Data from JAMB show the Igbo population is abysmally low, so low that only Imo state featured in the top 10 states with registered indigenes sitting for JAMB and for Igbo dominated schools, the Igbo were no. 4 top for universities with UNN ,No. 8 for polytechnics and no single college of Education in Igboland made it among the top 10 colleges of Education with highest registered JAMB candidates !
https://utmeofficial.com.ng/jamb/jamb-registration-statistics-2020-2021-by-course-universities-polytechnics-nce-and-state-of-origin/

On number of JAMB applicants who are Igbo, Anambra state is the Igbo state with the highest number of registered candidates yet was No. 16 on the list far far behind! And all the JAMB candidates registered for JAMB in the whole of SE just adds up to about the total candidates in Lagos state alone or sum for Oyo and Ogun.

As at now the best and cleanest data indicate that about 80% of Igbo are domiciled in the SE while 20% are domiciled outside the 5 Igbo SE states.

Out of the 320,306 Igbo candidates in the 2020-2021, max.(when you add total candidates that registered for JAMB in those 5 SE states and assume they are all Igbo) only about 250K(~80%)account for candidates that sat for exam in the SE while about 70K(20%) are Igbo candidates who registered outside the SE to represent the total Igbo candidates.
It makes sense because you have more Igbo domiciled in SE than outside SE.

So where is the high Igbo population I used to imagine??

Internet subscribers; low

Inec registration; low

Jamb applicants writing Jamb in SE; low;

Jamb applicants based on State of origin; low

land mass; low
Yet
Analogue Census; High(?)

So all these data conflate to prove that Igbo are a minority group by population but have inflated numbers which call for scientific enquiry.
Meanwhile,here's free book on business ideas & money sources directory for you,it's 100% free! to download, read and use https://www.nairaland.com/6666800/looking-business-ideas-money-fund. Cheers.
God bless Nigeria for ever.

Long epistle..

An average Igbo man is always in a business terrain and that's what they are known for so why not do a forensic research on that too..

You are just myopic on your analysis.

1 Like

Re: Soludo: More Than Half Of Anambra People Live Outside State by Sleekfingers: 12:03pm On Jul 03, 2022
ghettokid1:
https://dailypost.ng/2022/07/02/more-than-half-of-anambra-people-live-outside-state-soludo/?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1656781966

Majorities of them are living happily in lagos , just to escape their backward State.......how can a state like Anambra , where everyone is a billionaire, abandon their state , and decided to relocate to a state they call slum? Awon confused people

1 Like

Re: Soludo: More Than Half Of Anambra People Live Outside State by Sleekfingers: 12:05pm On Jul 03, 2022
Africana1123:
Awon developer of Lagos

cheesy grin

They are busy developing Lagos.....

3 Likes

Re: Soludo: More Than Half Of Anambra People Live Outside State by Ayotundetv2: 12:12pm On Jul 03, 2022
oneeast:

Re: Soludo: More Than Half Of Anambra People Live Outside State by CUMIN: 12:23pm On Jul 03, 2022
Tonypen247:
The people are industrious and successful when it comes to business. cool

Kindly check my signature below for your academic research writing assistance.

Industrious with drug

1 Like

Re: Soludo: More Than Half Of Anambra People Live Outside State by NSK4U(m): 12:25pm On Jul 03, 2022
Thantayo:
Please bring your people back by improving your state, just so they stop packing themselves into lagos like titus sardines.

I didn't read the post.

Boi, na ya papa geh Lagos?
Re: Soludo: More Than Half Of Anambra People Live Outside State by Transcriber: 12:26pm On Jul 03, 2022
Otunbakayce:
If you are educated indeed, you will not spit these thrash.
The population of Igbos in okota, and ojo alaba lagos alone is higher than the numbers in an anambra state. The population of Igbo's in sabongari, kano is higher than those in Ebonyin state.
In all NYSC camps in Nigeria Igbo's are usually the largest.
You tinubu supporters should quit being stupid.
TINUBU HAS LOST ELECTION BEFORE IT BEGAN EVEN.
I AM YORUBA BTW!!!
you are talking rubbish
Yoruba or not

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

I’m 70, Few Months Older Than Kukah, Tinubu Restates Readiness To Serve Nigeria / Tinubu Donates ₦‎20 Million As Church Marks 100 Years Anniversary / Yemi Osinbajo’s Love Story That Got People Talking

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.