Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,299 members, 7,836,302 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:00 AM

Kwankwaso Insists On Being Presidential Candidate Of NNPP/LP Merger - Politics (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kwankwaso Insists On Being Presidential Candidate Of NNPP/LP Merger (44153 Views)

APC Floors PDP, NNPP, LP At Shettima’s Polling Unit / NNPP-LP Alliance: Obi Or Kwankwaso Can Accept To Be Vice - Agbo Major / 2023: Kwankwaso, Obi Raise Stake In NNPP, LP Threaten APC, PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kwankwaso Insists On Being Presidential Candidate Of NNPP/LP Merger by VirileNelly2420: 1:52pm On Jul 03, 2022
ZIAZI:
Did someone just make reference to Kwankwaso as greedy? Like how?

You want him to step down for someone else but you do not want that someone else to step down for him?

Politics is basically about interest and trust me, one would put his interest first before another person's.

Selah!
When he said greedy, he stated why.

Ur brother served for good eight years, ordinarily, vice president shouldn't be accorded to d North. So, other regions are spectators?

Yeye dey smell! sad

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kwankwaso Insists On Being Presidential Candidate Of NNPP/LP Merger by SocialJustice: 1:52pm On Jul 03, 2022
DWickedLandLord:

*pause
I wonder who did the measuring
INEC will give you official figures next year.
Re: Kwankwaso Insists On Being Presidential Candidate Of NNPP/LP Merger by samunaka: 1:56pm On Jul 03, 2022
foryourmindok:
Oga run for elections on your own.

Win the North and share it with Atiku. Peter Obi will manage to win 25% in very few core northern states. He will win middle belt, South South, South East. Win at least 30% in Southwest states. Cruise to victory.

You people are very sentimental, what bargaining stuff did Peter Obi put on the table during the merger talks with Kwankwaso nothing apart from being a former governor, and you expect somebody who was a former governor, a federal minister and a senator to step down for him just like that, as things stand right now it is only Kwankwaso with the perfect combination has the political jaganaut to wrestle power from the APC or PDP, PO has only 12 days left to decide whether to remain relevant in Nigerian politics or go into oblivion, the choice is his, stop over bloating him
Re: Kwankwaso Insists On Being Presidential Candidate Of NNPP/LP Merger by Mrexcell(m): 1:58pm On Jul 03, 2022
This is the reason why there's absolutely no hope in sight for nigeria unless nigeria is either restructured or divided. Can you imagine the arrogance and reasoning of these northerners?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kwankwaso Insists On Being Presidential Candidate Of NNPP/LP Merger by RoyalDiadems: 2:03pm On Jul 03, 2022
foryourmindok:

Win the North and share it with Atiku. Peter Obi will manage to win 25% in very few core northern states. He will win middle belt, South South, South East. Win at least 30% in Southwest states. Cruise to victory.

In the entire south, Kwankaso is of little or no significance, yet he wants a man much more popular than himself to be his running mate.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kwankwaso Insists On Being Presidential Candidate Of NNPP/LP Merger by Xeee(f): 2:05pm On Jul 03, 2022
Dear Obidients, on what basis are you insisting that it's now the turn of the SOUTH(SE in particular) to produce the next president of Nigeria?

Let's get things clear here:

APC:
North is ruling for 8 years, it's now the turn of the Southern part to rule, it's clearly the SE that supposed to get APC ticket due to poor representation in the present administration but SW got it because they are more organized.

PDP:
South ruled for 12 years while North ruled for 4 years (Southerner ruled here for 2 years), it's clearly the turn of the north to get PDP ticket and that was what happened during primaries.

COMBINED:
In general, Both North and South ruled for 12 years, so any region can produce the next president but North is on the edge because Jonathan completed Yaraduas tenure.

If we go beyond the two regions to make decision, then:
Region P VP Total
SW 8 8 16
SS 4 4 8
SE 0 0 0
NW 12 4 16
NE 0 8 8
NC 0 0 0

From the above, SE and NC should produce the President and the VP.
Dear Obidient, if you are after EQUITY and FAIRNESS, OBI should go and look for VP from NC or you should go and look for a candidate from NC while OBI will serve as his VP.

Because of your hunger for power, you want to use KWANKWASO and at the same time claiming EQUITY and FAIRNESS.

Let me remind you people, POWER will be rotating among these three regions NW, NE and SW, as for SE keep marginalizing yourselves and you will see NC and SS benefiting more ahead of you from the corridors of POWER, as it's already happening currently.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kwankwaso Insists On Being Presidential Candidate Of NNPP/LP Merger by kriss27(m): 2:12pm On Jul 03, 2022
ZIAZI:

You want him to step down for someone else but you do not want that someone else to step down for him?

Politics is basically about interest and trust me, one would put his interest first before another person's.

Selah!
North will soon complete their eight term ,he too should be considerate
na!
Re: Kwankwaso Insists On Being Presidential Candidate Of NNPP/LP Merger by JustJennifer: 2:13pm On Jul 03, 2022
Hello guys what's up? What's?
In this video I will be teaching you the secret about volatility most Traders wouldn't show you, if you're new to my channel please Hit the subscription button and let's make money together

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdsWjWv2WPQ
Re: Kwankwaso Insists On Being Presidential Candidate Of NNPP/LP Merger by Kennydoc(m): 2:21pm On Jul 03, 2022
ZIAZI:

Selah!

Buhari will complete 8 years next year and he's from Katsina. Kano is not just in the same geopolitical zone, it's a neighbouring state for God's sake. Imagine if after Jonathan's tenure, Amaechi started fighting to take over as president. How would the rest of the country have seen it? We're talking about the same North West that has enjoyed one of the longest durations in the presidency. Come on! If it was North East, it would have been understandable.
Kwankwaso should run on his own and win. Nigerian youth are firm in their resolve that it is Obi they want.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kwankwaso Insists On Being Presidential Candidate Of NNPP/LP Merger by torqque7(m): 2:24pm On Jul 03, 2022
Obi should pick Sanusi as vice na case closed because this Kwankwaso guy isn’t ready and at the end it will be 2-0 for him..A word is enough for the wise

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kwankwaso Insists On Being Presidential Candidate Of NNPP/LP Merger by BePrepared: 2:30pm On Jul 03, 2022
PapaHadum:
Pls wake me up when #OBIdients agree with HE Alhaji Kwankwaso.

U may never wake up o

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kwankwaso Insists On Being Presidential Candidate Of NNPP/LP Merger by Nuheights(m): 2:30pm On Jul 03, 2022
dominique:
They were both governors around the same time. What makes him think he's politically superior to Peter Obi that he cannot become his vice?
It's because he's from the North. They think they are better than everyone else
Re: Kwankwaso Insists On Being Presidential Candidate Of NNPP/LP Merger by Minime10(f): 2:33pm On Jul 03, 2022
ZIAZI:

Abeg oooo! I didn't vote for Buhari. grin

My preferred candidates for 2023 were:
1. Ngozi Okonjo Iweala
2. Adesina Akinwumi
3. Prof. Yemi Osibanjo

*In that order.

I made reference to competence, and yes! It is what we need as a nation. Not religion, political affiliation or ethnicity.

I know little or nothing about Peter Obi et Rabiu Kwankwaso, other than the fact that they were governors and all that.

FOR ME, WHAT WE NEED RIGHT NOW IS SOMEONE THAT CAN SALVAGE NIGERIA AS IT STANDS! S/HE NEED NOT BE FROM MY TRIBE, BUT MUST POSSESS COMPETENCE.

However, since we have recognized zoning via a gentleman agreement, then a COMPETENT person should come from the South. If you say Obi is the perfect man, fine! Vote for him to win in 2023, not just to make a point. I feel like you're conceding defeat when you say you're supporting him to make a point.

Making "a point" at this point in time is pointless. Do you want to make a point while power reverts to the North??

You are absolutely entitle to supporting whoever you wish for in any contest, be it political or otherwise. We in the Obidient movement are not contemplating any defeat at that poll, because we know the value and the quality of the product we are marketing to the Niigerian electorates in the person of Mr. Peter Obi.
My point however, was assuming but not conceding that Obi lost, which is not just possible given the antecedent disenchantment in the erstwhile failed two major parties of apc & pdp, all of us in the Obi project will be so proud that we put up a good fight and did not step down for anybody.
We are actually in this political fight for a win & we are sure gonna win at the end and Nigeria will be better for it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kwankwaso Insists On Being Presidential Candidate Of NNPP/LP Merger by ibinaboonline: 2:36pm On Jul 03, 2022
What makes him superior is that he's a northerner. That's the substance of his long speech. Igbos will be lucky to have him. He is igbo's chance. Just imagine. The very foundations of this country will quake if Peter Obi wins this election.
dominique:
They were both governors around the same time. What makes him think he's politically superior to Peter Obi that he cannot become his vice?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kwankwaso Insists On Being Presidential Candidate Of NNPP/LP Merger by babapressy(m): 2:37pm On Jul 03, 2022
Why not with humility bow to the wide acceptance and popularity of Peter Obi so that the merger will produce meaningful result

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kwankwaso Insists On Being Presidential Candidate Of NNPP/LP Merger by sukar886: 2:39pm On Jul 03, 2022
We don't need him, let him go , if obi fail no wahala

1 Like

Re: Kwankwaso Insists On Being Presidential Candidate Of NNPP/LP Merger by stanluiz(m): 2:46pm On Jul 03, 2022
OldNairalander:
Who else observed that Labour party have been mute over this while NNPP keeps talking about it
From my little knowledge of psychology. I know who's actually begging who.

PO should seek for any unknown youth in the North for VP.
The tsunami doesn't need any merger
It is NNpp that need the alliance more than LP.

LP should just ignore them and look for VP else where. Kwakwanso want to ride on Obi popularity. IT won't happen!!

Every candidate should go and test their popularity.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kwankwaso Insists On Being Presidential Candidate Of NNPP/LP Merger by otipoju(m): 2:48pm On Jul 03, 2022
foryourmindok:

19 states for Peter Obi. Done and dusted.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kwankwaso Insists On Being Presidential Candidate Of NNPP/LP Merger by CoolAmbience(m): 2:55pm On Jul 03, 2022
foryourmindok:

This Kwankwaso doesn't know that he has the best chance to emerge as Nigeria's president.

He should for Peter Obi who doesn't know his left from his right.

All Kwankwaso needs to do know is to get a strong VP candidate from the Southwest to cutdown on Tinubu votes there. Then get strong persons to scavenge for votes in the Northcentral, Southeast, Northeast and Southsouth regions.

He will certainly do well in the Northwest.
Re: Kwankwaso Insists On Being Presidential Candidate Of NNPP/LP Merger by Soleye24(m): 2:55pm On Jul 03, 2022
NaijaRoyalty:

Bottom line because buhari shut out the south east because the region didn't vote for him in 2019

The Yoruba people used to cry marginalisation during the PDP government while the Igbos held on to all the very important positions in government under PDP back then...

Buhari government will go with it's hate and Igbos will bounce back again politically
Even before Buhari regime, South-East has been at the bottom political wise. An average person from South-East wants to divide Nigeria and it all evident in everything you guys do, that's why it will be very difficult for anyone from that region to be the president. Even if Peter Obi win, they won't declare him and PO and you guys combine won't do Bleep, they did same to MKO Abiola then, heaven didn't fall. In addition, it seems you don't have an atom of what politics is in Nigeria, during the PDP regime, Yoruba ruled Nigeria for 8 years, Igbo were the one crying of margination, am I even sure you know what margination is? What important positions did igbo had during the PDP regime that can be like being the president? Mr man, go and put on your intelligent cap
Re: Kwankwaso Insists On Being Presidential Candidate Of NNPP/LP Merger by otipoju(m): 2:58pm On Jul 03, 2022
Hotfreezer:
Kwankwanso has a PhD degree while that Obituary fool used 10 years for a 4 year course in a 3rd class in philosophy.

Obi is not fit to tie the lace Kwankwaso's shoes. No cap.

How can someone that graduated at the age of 23 have spent 12 years in university. Admitted in 1980 graduated 1984.

Are you sure that you are okay? Or is it akamu that is in your head instead of a brain.

1 Like

Re: Kwankwaso Insists On Being Presidential Candidate Of NNPP/LP Merger by duro4chang(m): 2:58pm On Jul 03, 2022
Penguin2:
I think it’s time Peter Obi looks elsewhere for running mate before it will be too late.

I think this Kwankwaso is not serious.
He is even more serious. He has told you what he wanted
Re: Kwankwaso Insists On Being Presidential Candidate Of NNPP/LP Merger by Lapilolo: 2:59pm On Jul 03, 2022
Mrshocker:
This is the sacrifice Tinubu made for Buhari 2015. he stepped down for Buhari to unseat the ruling party. but obi and kwankazo can't step down for each other to form a merger that can win the election. selfish aspirants!!! ( even though they are both young and can exchange power after 8years)

God bless the man that made big sacrifice in
Tinubu is the best
Jagaban on your mandate We stand

HOW HAS THAT BETTER AND IMPROVE THE LIVING CONDITION OF THE ORDINARY NIGERIANS?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kwankwaso Insists On Being Presidential Candidate Of NNPP/LP Merger by OGHENAOGIE(m): 3:03pm On Jul 03, 2022
foryourmindok:

what's middle belt.. north is divided into North Central where kogi benue plateau nassarawa is part of... North East and West... South into south east west and ... Obi won't win a single state... PDP ll win plateau benue Abuja... APC ll win kwara Niger nassarawa Kogi... How ll Obi win middle belt or u think elections lol be done on Nairaland...?
Re: Kwankwaso Insists On Being Presidential Candidate Of NNPP/LP Merger by Lapilolo: 3:05pm On Jul 03, 2022
Na Mumu go kill you. You and your likes are the reason Nigeria is in this shit. This is what tribalism, nepotism and lack of common causes.

CoolAmbience:

This Kwankwaso doesn't know that he has the best chance to emerge as Nigeria's president.

He should for Peter Obi who doesn't know his left from his right.

All Kwankwaso needs to do know is to get a strong VP candidate from the Southwest to cutdown on Tinubu votes there. Then get strong persons to scavenge for votes in the Northcentral, Southeast, Northeast and Southsouth regions.

He will certainly do well in the Northwest.

Re: Kwankwaso Insists On Being Presidential Candidate Of NNPP/LP Merger by CoolAmbience(m): 3:11pm On Jul 03, 2022
yinkus6750:
Personal selfish interest.
Regional northern leader whose acceptability of his kwakwansiya is mostly within Kano and immediate environs.
Not really a national figure.
Keep spoiling your chances, the coffee will be bitter very soon

Everything Kwankwaso said is damn correct.

Kwankwaso is far more a national figure than Obi.

He is even way more experienced than Obi, having been a Senator and a Defence Minister.

In terms of records of public service, Kwankwaso dwarfs Obi. Let's even talk of the size and complexity of the states they governed. Anambra is Nigeria's second smallest state, by landmass, yet Obi couldn't leave any significant landmark.

So, dem no be mate...

No let all the 'Obidient exclamations' for social media deceive you. Nobody wins elections on social media.

If Atiku is a national figure, then Kwankwaso is as well. You want me to tell you how? Kwankwaso beat Atiku to come second in the APC Presidential Primaries of 2014, which Buhari won.

Is Obi that ran away from the PDP Presidential Primary now the national figure since Kwankwaso isn't?

Every frontline political analyst in the country was waiting to see Obi's performance at the PDP primary to measure his national acceptability....but what happened? He ran away to 'collect' the presidential ticket of the Labour Party.

1 Like

Re: Kwankwaso Insists On Being Presidential Candidate Of NNPP/LP Merger by VULCAN(m): 3:13pm On Jul 03, 2022
You try to give the impression that you are a political strategist so let me ask you-

Which election have you won before?

Who have you guided to win an election?

Let's get to know you pls.

It's not enough to keep making statements with finality.

Let's know the results you have achieved with your knowledge

APCnaPDP:
That’s the right thing to do. Kwankwaso has more voting strength than Obi, hence, it is only reasonable that Obi becomes the vice and from there, he can succeed Kwankwaso after 4 or 8 years. It is the shortest cut along with PDP for an Ibo man to become president of Nigeria.

Our brothers in the SE will not believe this but Obi can never win this election. I am happy to put a bet on it closer to the election.
Re: Kwankwaso Insists On Being Presidential Candidate Of NNPP/LP Merger by Happyman10: 3:14pm On Jul 03, 2022
He's not God, if God say Peter will win then definitely he will win
Re: Kwankwaso Insists On Being Presidential Candidate Of NNPP/LP Merger by CoolAmbience(m): 3:17pm On Jul 03, 2022
Lapilolo:
Na Mumu go kill you. You and your likes are the reason Nigeria is in this shit. This is what tribalism, nepotism and lack of common causes.

Mumu kill your father and your generations!

Can you list 5 capital projects of Peter Obi, idiot?

How states in Nigeria have you been to in your life?

You think everyone is a mediocre like you?

Nepotism and tribalism...when I am from the same with Peter Obi abi? You be ewu!

1 Like

Re: Kwankwaso Insists On Being Presidential Candidate Of NNPP/LP Merger by Onuoha1234(m): 3:24pm On Jul 03, 2022
Kwankwaso go your way and appoint your.running mate. Peter Obi will not be your.secod.for any reasons.Peter Obi should stop tinkering with merger with NNPP.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kwankwaso Insists On Being Presidential Candidate Of NNPP/LP Merger by Hotfreezer: 3:29pm On Jul 03, 2022
Jack005:
Peter Obi must start searching for someone else as soon as possible. So Kwankwaso wants power to remain in the north despite Buhari's 8years? His pride and ego will be his undoing . Obi was a governor thesame time with you, Obi is more wealthier and popular across the country, so where is kwankwaso's ego coming from?

Let Obi use his wealth to buy himself a running mate. Kwankwanso is nobody's b1tch.
Re: Kwankwaso Insists On Being Presidential Candidate Of NNPP/LP Merger by Azularis: 3:30pm On Jul 03, 2022
Mr Rabiu, please stay your line. We are tired of Fulani rule. President Obi is our President!

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Massive Crowd Shut Down Imo In Solidarity For Buhari And Rochas Okorocha. Photos / Chibok Girls Survivors, Now In Oregon Boarding School, Share Their Stories (Pics / I Could Have Slapped Kwankwaso At Aso Rock, Says Ganduje

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.