Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,517 members, 7,823,211 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:49 AM

Beatrice Nwanneka Ekweremadu In HMP Bronzefield Prison, UK (Pictures) - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Beatrice Nwanneka Ekweremadu In HMP Bronzefield Prison, UK (Pictures) (109313 Views)

Ekweremadu's Wife, Beatrice Nwanneka, Granted Bail / Nigerians Attack Ike Ekweremadu In Germany / Nwanneka Ekweremadu Must Be An Humble And Respectful Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Beatrice Nwanneka Ekweremadu In HMP Bronzefield Prison, UK (Pictures) by 1stGenAmerican(f): 7:34pm On Jul 05, 2022
Dsalvo:

They'll be set free if it is proven the boy is above 18 years. Below are UK guidelines for donating a Kidney. You may hate Nigerian politicians but the Ekweremadus may have broken no laws.

You’re Absolutely wrong. The crime they are charged with isn’t age-specific. Exploitation, human trafficking, and modern slavery can happen to people of any age.

1 Like

Re: Beatrice Nwanneka Ekweremadu In HMP Bronzefield Prison, UK (Pictures) by MufasaLion: 7:37pm On Jul 05, 2022
Dsalvo:

They'll be set free if it is proven the boy is above 18 years. Below are UK guidelines for donating a Kidney. You may hate Nigerian politicians but the Ekweremadus may have broken no laws.

WTF? Absolute trash!
Re: Beatrice Nwanneka Ekweremadu In HMP Bronzefield Prison, UK (Pictures) by 1stGenAmerican(f): 7:39pm On Jul 05, 2022
tunapawizzy:

So is it up to Ekweremadu to tell the court that the boy is a willing donor..or it is the boy that will tell the court that he is a willing donor. If Ekweremadu says the boy chose to do it willingly and the boy says he chose to do it for money and promise of a better life, who do you think the court will believe. You also need to understand that the boy has been with the police, they are extracting information from him, proof of conversation, negotiation,all of that, they would have promised him better life,
Do you have the complete charge...let them come up with the charges, they have so much to deal with. Going to Turkey with 20kUSD to purchase kidney(do you think the police will throw that charge up without having solid proof, like tapped up conversation)..it's beyond the boy's age...

I think you’re right on track. When people are jailed on such serious charges, the police usually have evidence from tapped from lines and other hard evidence. From other cases, I think the donor they were going to meet in Turkey was a decoy setup by the police. When their cases are heard, I think what you and I are saying will be proven.

1 Like

Re: Beatrice Nwanneka Ekweremadu In HMP Bronzefield Prison, UK (Pictures) by 1stGenAmerican(f): 7:52pm On Jul 05, 2022
shantti:

Please which wicked side of him did he show. Can u prove that he actually consented to giving away his kidney.
Can you proved that he wasn't deceived with a lucrative job offer in the UK by the ekweremadus.
If you can prove these, then I will consider the boy to be ungrateful

That moniker can’t prove anything just like the Ekweremadus can’t prove anything. They find it easier to demonize the weaker party.

Nigerians think the boy changed his mind and willingly told the hospital staff everything but greater minds like you and I know that in order to rule out exploitation, the doctors and staff questioned him, making the questions appear very innocent in order to get the most truth out the boy. Credible reports say it was the doctor and hospital staff, all mandated reporters, who were suspicious and alerted the police but these Nigerians can’t accept that so the blame everything on the boy.
I believe that even before he arrived in the UK, when they first told the doctors that they located a donor not related to them, suspicion was sparked and when they arrived with the boy, their suspicions were confirmed. We know that’s how things happen in sane places but these Nigerians can’t think that realistically, they have to place blame on the boy and paint him as the villain. Some poor people have a strange, serious hate for other poor people and love their oppressors.
Many Nigerians suffer from Stockholm Syndrome.

1 Like

Re: Beatrice Nwanneka Ekweremadu In HMP Bronzefield Prison, UK (Pictures) by Majesty33(m): 7:55pm On Jul 05, 2022
richie240:
Baba God I beg u, Let Nigeria not fall into d hands of those who beat their Fathers and are proud to say so, in Jesus' Name, Amen!

If they can be so proud of beating their father's, izit another persons father they won't beat?
Tueh!
cool
We don't glorify useless adult just like you yorubas do, we hate injustice unlike u you people that believe an elderly person is never wrong. If your fathers Bleep up for our side, we beat them join.

1 Like

Re: Beatrice Nwanneka Ekweremadu In HMP Bronzefield Prison, UK (Pictures) by 1stGenAmerican(f): 7:59pm On Jul 05, 2022
MufasaLion:

WTF? Absolute trash!

You read that trash like I did? cheesy
Like the whole thing is riding on the boy’s age. Like the courts don’t have damning evidence.
Not that it’s needed but Like a country well-advanced in medical research doesn’t have scientific proof of his age by this time.
Some of these guys don’t understand what sane minds see as exploitation.

I can’t wait to learn what lead to the modern slavery charges. I think the couple had taken his passport and was controlling his movement like the Arabs do to their househelp and laborers.
Re: Beatrice Nwanneka Ekweremadu In HMP Bronzefield Prison, UK (Pictures) by spy24(m): 8:00pm On Jul 05, 2022
an0daGuy:

You’re still verifying my position as before which reads that delta state was a part of the old eastern region hence they are a part of the igbo nation aka Biafra grin

All these other things you stated which were rubbish brought into play by Gowon to reduce the power and landmass of the igbos is secondary.

Thank you for your verification of popular opinion

You obviously do not know history, delta state and Edo state formed the Midwest
Re: Beatrice Nwanneka Ekweremadu In HMP Bronzefield Prison, UK (Pictures) by 1stGenAmerican(f): 8:05pm On Jul 05, 2022
Excuzeme:

Hahahahahaa! grin grin grin
It is the Poor that are stupid enough, maybe due to Poverty, to sell their Organs!
The Rich already have that Money, so dont need to sell their Organs, to raise Money. undecided

Maybe you don’t under that in the Western World along with the rest of the world outside Nigeria, we consider this exploitation which is one of the things they’re being charged with.
You call it stupidity, we call it desperation due to poverty. Someone taking advantage of that desperation due to poverty is considered EXPLOITATION. Someone in abject poverty usually can’t reason beyond their next meal or where they’ll take shelter from the elements and sane minds recognize this.

1 Like

Re: Beatrice Nwanneka Ekweremadu In HMP Bronzefield Prison, UK (Pictures) by MufasaLion: 8:05pm On Jul 05, 2022
1stGenAmerican:

Like the whole thing is riding on the boy’s age. Like the courts don’t have damning evidence.
Not that it’s needed but Like a country well-advanced in medical research doesn’t have scientific proof of his age by this time.

I can’t wait to learn what lead to the modern slavery charges. I think the couple had taken his passport and was controlling his movement like the Middle Easterners do to their househelp and laborers.

Most Nigerians still don't understand what a working system is. I hope the Ekremadus face the full wrath of the law. Useless politician with no positive impact in his constituency after almost 2 decades in Senate.

A Doctor of Law breaking laws. I don't pity him.

1 Like

Re: Beatrice Nwanneka Ekweremadu In HMP Bronzefield Prison, UK (Pictures) by Nobody: 8:08pm On Jul 05, 2022
MufasaLion:

WTF? Absolute trash!

Stop being emotional. The way the UK does not let you off if you commit a crime is how the justice system there has to estsblish guilt conclusively rather than convict frivolously to please a lynch mob or haters.

The whole case is built on the boy being a minor. If he is not, and it can be shown he is a consenting adult, then the case against the Ekweremadus collapses.

As simple as that even if that is not what the Nigerian lynch mob wants to hear.
Re: Beatrice Nwanneka Ekweremadu In HMP Bronzefield Prison, UK (Pictures) by MufasaLion: 8:09pm On Jul 05, 2022
Dsalvo:

Stop being emotional. The way the UK does not let you off if you commit a crime is how the justice system there has to estsblish guilt conclusively rather than convict frivolously to please a lynch mob or haters.

The whole case is built on the boy being a minor. If he is not, and it can be shown he is a consenting adult, then the case against the Ekweremadus collapses.

As simple as that even if that is not what the Nigerian lynch mob wants to hear.

You're still defending nonsense.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Beatrice Nwanneka Ekweremadu In HMP Bronzefield Prison, UK (Pictures) by 1stGenAmerican(f): 8:14pm On Jul 05, 2022
MufasaLion:

Most Nigerians still don't understand what a working system is. I hope the Ekremadus face the full wrath of the law. Useless politician with no positive impact in his constituency after almost 2 decades in Senate.

A Doctor of Law breaking laws . I don't pity him.

You deserve a kiss for this point. wink
Ignorance is no excuse for breaking the law and doctors of jurisprudence are known for leaving no stone unturned before making big decisions, largely because courts hold us to a higher standard.
The couple’s lawyers are idiots in my eyes. They emphasized the Ekremadus‘ education and credentials when pleading for bail. Didn’t they stop to realize that placing emphasis on their education, credentials, and accomplishments reinforced the idea that they should’ve known and acted better?
Re: Beatrice Nwanneka Ekweremadu In HMP Bronzefield Prison, UK (Pictures) by 1stGenAmerican(f): 8:18pm On Jul 05, 2022
Dsalvo:

The whole case is built on the boy being a minor. If he is not, and it can be shown he is a consenting adult, then the case against the Ekweremadus collapses. .

No it isn’t. The crimes they are charged with aren’t age-specific. Indians and Middle-Easterners are charged with the same crimes due to their actions with people (usually maids) well over the age of consent, even the elderly, all the time. Please tell us which of their charges is exclusive to victims being minors.
Re: Beatrice Nwanneka Ekweremadu In HMP Bronzefield Prison, UK (Pictures) by MufasaLion: 8:19pm On Jul 05, 2022
1stGenAmerican:

You deserve a kiss for this point. wink
Ignorance is no excuse for breaking the law and doctors of jurisprudence are known for leaving no stone unturned before making big decisions, largely because courts hold us to a higher standard.
The couple’s lawyers are idiots in my eyes. They emphasized the Ekremadus‘ education and credentials when pleading for bail. Didn’t they stop to realize that placing emphasis on their education, credentials, and accomplishments reinforced the idea that they should’ve known and acted better?

cool cool cool

The U.K. government will take note of every slip up by the laywers to nail their clients the more. I'm very happy this is happening in the U.K. and not Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Beatrice Nwanneka Ekweremadu In HMP Bronzefield Prison, UK (Pictures) by Nobody: 8:20pm On Jul 05, 2022
1stGenAmerican:

I can’t wait to learn what lead to the modern slavery charges. I think the couple had taken his passport and was controlling his movement like the Arabs do to their househelp and laborers.

Okay. Say what you want. Shebi you are an expert aware of the UK system abi? Well let us watch and see what happens.

The UK arrest overzealously. That is a fact I know. Not dem say dem say shakara of many ignorant Nigerians.

The crown prosecution service has had many expensively stunning losses charging cases to court that had poor chances of conviction yet the CPS still forged ahead.

Credibility of the accuser is important to consistently establish they are the victim of crime and not manipulating the Court because of an ulterior motive.

You can summarily convict the Ekweremadus in the Court of automatic guilt many Nigerians carry around in their head but things don't work that way in the UK.

The Ekweremadus were arrested because the young man's claim of being a vulnerable and exploited minor were believed.

Safeguarding him, because of the belief he is a minor, was paramount in the minds of MET CID. We will see what happens when it is established that a person assumed to be a minor, and claimed to be 15 years old, is indeed an adult.
Re: Beatrice Nwanneka Ekweremadu In HMP Bronzefield Prison, UK (Pictures) by slowice(m): 8:24pm On Jul 05, 2022
So this presidential Palace na prison? Omo, we are developing backwards joor
Re: Beatrice Nwanneka Ekweremadu In HMP Bronzefield Prison, UK (Pictures) by Nobody: 8:25pm On Jul 05, 2022
1stGenAmerican:

No it isn’t. The crimes they are charged with aren’t age-specific. Indians and Middle-Easterners are charged with the same crimes due to their actions with people (usually maids) well over the age of consent, even the elderly, all the time. Please tell us which of their charges is exclusive to victims being minors.

Age is pertinent in this case per the boys own claim. Once established he is not a vulnerable minor as claimed, then the consideration will now be that everything else he asserted is a lie.

It will then be his word against that of the Ekweremadus. Adults facing adults. I guess tou see where this is going. The jury will find it hard to view someone who lied about their age as credible.

Let me jog memories again. Look below at how times the age of the boy was mentioned to note it is central to the case. I don't even like Ekweremadu so not holding brief for him but I know the UK justice system fairly well.

The claim is that the Ekweremadus brought a "child" to the UK for organ harvesting. We will se what happens if Nwamini is an adult.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/07/organ-harvesting-again-uk-court-remands-ekweremadu-in-police-custody/

Organ harvesting: Again, UK Court remands Ekweremadu in police custody
•Case may be tried in Nigeria, as Federal High Court hears Ekweremadu's application today, prosecutor insists
July 1, 2022

Former Deputy Senate president, Ike Ekweremadu, was, again, remanded in police custody, yesterday, by the Uxbridge Magistrate Court, in the UK, following insistence by the prosecutor that the alleged kidney donor, David Nwamini, was 15 years old.

Ekweremadu had appeared in court, alongside his wife, Beatrice Nwanneka, for alleged organ harvesting, but his wife was absent in court, yesterday.

Last week, the London Metropolitan Police had arrested and charged Ekweremadu and his wife with allegedly bringing a child to the UK for organ harvesting.

The UK police had said the alleged donor, later identified as Ukpo Nwamini David, was 15 years old, but his passport data page showed he was born on October 12, 2000, making him 21 years and eight months old.

During the proceedings, yesterday, Ekweremadu was in the dock, where he confirmed his name and date of birth.

The prosecutor said bail could not be applied to Ekweremadu, because he is a “powerful” man, who is a flight risk, insisting that the “organ donor” in question is a 15-year-old boy.
Re: Beatrice Nwanneka Ekweremadu In HMP Bronzefield Prison, UK (Pictures) by 1stGenAmerican(f): 8:26pm On Jul 05, 2022
MufasaLion:

cool cool cool

The U.K. government will take note of every slip up by the laywers to nail their clients the more. I'm very happy this happening in the U.K. and not Nigeria.

My hope if that Nigerian lawyers and the few Nigerian lawmakers with integrity are taking note of this case in order to use it as blueprints to (eventually) bring justice to the people that this happens to inside Nigeria. If some of the same laws on modern slavery and trafficking is ever adopted and enforced by Nigeria, hundreds of rich people who use young children as househelp would be sitting in jail.
Re: Beatrice Nwanneka Ekweremadu In HMP Bronzefield Prison, UK (Pictures) by 1stGenAmerican(f): 8:33pm On Jul 05, 2022
Dsalvo:

Age is pertinent in this case per the boys own claim. Once established he is not a vulnerable minor as claimed, then the consideration will now be that everything else he asserted is a lie.

It will then be his word against that of the Ekweremadus. Adults facing adults. I guess tou see where this is going. The jury will find it hard to view someone who lied about their age as credible.

You’re wrong. The case is built upon the complaints the mandated reports made to the police. People keep forgetting that the police were alerted by the doctor/hospital staff, not the boy. The claims were asserted by the doctor(s) and although age was mentioned, it was not the driving variable in their reporting. Cases are built using reports from credible sources and evidence.

It’s the word of the mandated reporters+evidence against the word of the Ekweremadus. The boy may not even be called to the witness stand and chances are he won’t be. The jury will base their decision on evidence, not hearsay.

If 15-22 year olds in sane countries had the power to have people locked up solely on claims without the backing of credible sources, just about all parents, teachers, and authority figures in my country and many other countries would be in jail!
Re: Beatrice Nwanneka Ekweremadu In HMP Bronzefield Prison, UK (Pictures) by MufasaLion: 8:36pm On Jul 05, 2022
1stGenAmerican:

My hope if that Nigerian lawyers and the few Nigerian lawmakers with integrity are taking note of this case in order to use it as blueprints to (eventually) bring justice to the people that this happens to inside Nigeria. If some of the same laws on modern slavery and trafficking is ever adopted and enforced by Nigeria, hundreds of rich people who use young children as househelp would be sitting in jail.

We still have some good lawyers with integrity but the system is too corrupt to let them correct the wrongs. We can only hope for the best.

1 Like

Re: Beatrice Nwanneka Ekweremadu In HMP Bronzefield Prison, UK (Pictures) by shantti(m): 8:38pm On Jul 05, 2022
1stGenAmerican:

That moniker can’t prove anything just like the Ekweremadus can’t prove anything. They find it easier to demonize the weaker party.

Nigerians think the boy changed his mind and willingly told the hospital staff everything but greater minds like you and I know that in order to rule out exploitation, the doctors and staff questioned him, making the questions appear very innocent in order to get the most truth out the boy. Credible reports say it was the doctor and hospital staff, all mandated reporters, who were suspicious and alerted the police but these Nigerians can’t accept that so the blame everything on the boy.
I believe that even before he arrived in the UK, when they first told the doctors that they located a donor not related to them, suspicion was sparked and when they arrived with the boy, their suspicions were confirmed. We know that’s how things happen in sane places but these Nigerians can’t think that realistically, they have to place blame on the boy and paint him as the villain. Some poor people have a strange, serious hate for other poor people and love their oppressors.
Many Nigerians suffer from Stockholm Syndrome.

True

1 Like

Re: Beatrice Nwanneka Ekweremadu In HMP Bronzefield Prison, UK (Pictures) by 1stGenAmerican(f): 8:39pm On Jul 05, 2022
MufasaLion:

We still have some good lawyers with integrity but the system is too corrupt to let them correct the wrongs. We can only hope for the best.

As we say in America, you’re my peoples and I’m never going to give up hope on the righteous rising above the corrupt and morally bankrupt. Sweetheart, all is not lost in Nigeria. It ain’t over, trust me.

My Dad says all the time that at some point, the youths in Nigeria will say ENOUGH! End SARS was just a tiny preview, he says.
Re: Beatrice Nwanneka Ekweremadu In HMP Bronzefield Prison, UK (Pictures) by MufasaLion: 8:41pm On Jul 05, 2022
1stGenAmerican:

As we say in America, you’re my peoples and I’m never going to give up hope on the righteous rising above the corrupt and morally bankrupt. Sweetheart, all is not lost in Nigeria. It ain’t over.

My Dad says all the time that at some point, the youths will say ENOUGH!

Right! Political consciousness is already reawakening now.

1 Like

Re: Beatrice Nwanneka Ekweremadu In HMP Bronzefield Prison, UK (Pictures) by Aystarz: 8:49pm On Jul 05, 2022
Adliperd:
Igbos abandoned Thier son

You think the Igbos are like our own 'E file, omo wa ni' people?
Omoluabi is dead in Yoruba land and one big proof of that is the very few great Yoruba greats alive at the moment.

God bless Baba Jimi Solanke and Olu Jacobs as they both clock 80 this month.
Re: Beatrice Nwanneka Ekweremadu In HMP Bronzefield Prison, UK (Pictures) by amakanancy(f): 8:51pm On Jul 05, 2022
CheapHomes1:

Why, When, where and how did he offer to donate his kidney?
The guy never mentioned he was coerced...
Re: Beatrice Nwanneka Ekweremadu In HMP Bronzefield Prison, UK (Pictures) by Nobody: 8:52pm On Jul 05, 2022
1stGenAmerican:

You’re wrong. The case is built upon the complaints the mandated reports made to the police. People keep forgetting that the police were alerted by the doctor/hospital staff, not the boy. The claims were asserted by the doctor(s) and although age was mentioned, it was not the driving variable in their reporting. Cases are built using reports from credible sources and evidence.

It’s the word of the mandated reporters+evidence against the word of the Ekweremadus. The boy may not even be called to the witness stand and chances are he won’t be. The jury will base their decision on evidence, not hearsay.

If 15-22 year olds in sane countries had the power to have people locked up solely on claims without the backing of credible sources, just about all parents, teachers, and authority figures in my country and many other countries would be in jail!

Whether the police were alerted by the Doctors or hospital staff does not invalidate the fact that the police have to carry out thorough investivations to establish facts before deciding to charge the Ekweremadus.

The boy would have been interviewed with a statement taken from him that would essentially form the basis upon which it was decided the Ekweremadus be charged to Court.

I.e crown prosecution service, after inspection of statements and interview recordings, agreed the Ekweremadus be charged on the prima facie case of bringing a child to the UK for organ harvesting. It is as simple as that.

Charges cannot be changed midway to accommodate the discovery of lies principal to initial charges filed. That is why cases collapse.

Let us see how it goes.
Re: Beatrice Nwanneka Ekweremadu In HMP Bronzefield Prison, UK (Pictures) by 1stGenAmerican(f): 8:52pm On Jul 05, 2022
MufasaLion:

Right! Political consciousness is already reawakening now.

Guess what? Americans, especially Black Americans get demonized but during EndSARS, all eyes were on Nigeria, especially with older Americans, both Black and White. And they were cheering. You know why Bro? It was nearly a carbon copy of the start of the Civil Rights Movement which started for the same reasons EndSARS did: the youth had had Enough and they didn’t see the logic of the “old ways” that things were done. The time will come when Americans and other Westerners will provide tangible support (eg funds, learning tools) for those responsible for the reawakening. If a bunch of slave descendants fought and won civil rights from oppressive Whites, why can’t blacks turn the system upside-down in a country of Blacks oppressing Blacks? Shit, look at South Africa, they slayed the monster called apartheid. It might take years but please come back to quote me and give me accolades when it starts to happen. grin
Re: Beatrice Nwanneka Ekweremadu In HMP Bronzefield Prison, UK (Pictures) by MufasaLion: 8:55pm On Jul 05, 2022
1stGenAmerican:

Guess what? Americans, especially Black Americans get demonized but during EndSARS, all eyes were on Nigeria, especially with older Americans, both Black and White. And they were cheering. You know why Bro? It was nearly a carbon copy of the start of the Civil Rights Movement which started for the same reasons EndSARS did: the youth had had Enough and they didn’t see the logic of the “old ways” that things were done. The time will come when Americans and other Westerners will provide tangible support (eg funds, learning tools) for those responsible for the reawakening. If a bunch of slave descendants fought and won civil rights from oppressive Whites, why can’t blacks turn the system upside-down in a country of Blacks oppressing Blacks? Shit, look at South Africa, they slayed the monster called apartheid. It might take years but please come back to quote me and give me accolades when it starts to happen. grin

The process might surely be slow and frustrating but it will yield a positive result. Mandela's journey and struggle will forever be remembered. Your accolades will be kept till then. grin

1 Like

Re: Beatrice Nwanneka Ekweremadu In HMP Bronzefield Prison, UK (Pictures) by sonofElElyon: 8:57pm On Jul 05, 2022
God1000:

https://saharareporters.com/2022/07/04/exclusive-organ-harvesting-beatrice-wife-nigerian-ex-deputy-senate-president-ekweremadu

Clearly she has been granted some privileges by holding her there. It's a privately run prison.. like a "5 star prison"... but prison na prison sha
Re: Beatrice Nwanneka Ekweremadu In HMP Bronzefield Prison, UK (Pictures) by hardbody: 9:00pm On Jul 05, 2022
sukkot:
hehe bro i have tried UK police cell briefly and i am very familiar with their prison and the food is very nasty. its not food meant to be consumed by a black person and most especially not by a nigerian. how do you go from eating ofe nsala with nice grilled catfish and akpu and washing it don with nice palmwine TO eating soggy mushrooms with dried toast ? lmao cheesy cheesy

LOL, You speak from experience, kudos. I'd rather agree with you than acquire that experience. Thanks all the same.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Beatrice Nwanneka Ekweremadu In HMP Bronzefield Prison, UK (Pictures) by Neddyogu(m): 9:01pm On Jul 05, 2022
tuborme:
Country of laws

Why did the law not deal with Boris and co after violation of Covid lockdown rules even after all the outcry? Or the law only works on foreigners?
Re: Beatrice Nwanneka Ekweremadu In HMP Bronzefield Prison, UK (Pictures) by 1stGenAmerican(f): 9:02pm On Jul 05, 2022
Dsalvo:

Whether the police were alerted by the Doctors or hospital staff does not invalidate the fact that the police have to carry out thorough investivations to establish facts before deciding to charge the Ekweremadus.

The boy would have been interviewed with a statement taken from him that would essentially form the basis upon which it was decided the Ekweremadus be charged to Court.

I.e crown prosecution service, after inspection of statements and interview recordings, agreed the Ekweremadus be charged on the prima facie case of bringing a child to the UK for organ harvesting. It is as simple as that.

Charges cannot be changed midway to accommodate the discovery of lies principal to initial charges filed. That is why cases collapse.

Let us see how it goes.

Now, look at what you said, “the police have to carry out thorough investigations to establish facts to charge the Ekweremadus”—they’ve already been charged hence the reason they’re sitting in jail awaiting trial. The boy’s testimony wasn’t the primary basis, the findings of the investigations that you agreed were necessary were. Again, I’ll tell you that the case isn’t about them bringing an alleged child into the UK. The case is about human trafficking, exploitation, organ harvesting, and modern slavery. Those charges aren’t common and are extremely serious, too serious to be lodged mainly on the testimony of one young non-citizen. Those charges are lodged when there are findings to back them up. Cases can fall apart but if you do your research, the percentage of convictions on these same charges is above the 90 percentile. After doing a bit of my own research, I found 3 cases in the UK that “fell apart” but still resulted in convictions on lesser charges.

Nigerians argued similar about Hushpuppi’s case and I assured them that the US Federal Courts had a 98.7% conviction rate. Miracles can happen but they usually don’t.

Now, We wait.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

COVID-19: Buhari Tests Negative, Kyari Is Positive / Flag Of Nigerian High Commission In The UK Pulled Down (Video) / Amotekun ‘Commander’ Storms Ekiti Assembly In Combat Regalia (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.