Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,264 members, 7,811,736 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:26 PM

I'm 30 And Still Living With My Parents..smh - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I'm 30 And Still Living With My Parents..smh (45465 Views)

Genotype: I'm The Only One Still Living In This Picture - Man / Age 25 With 1 Million Naira & Living With My Parents: Buy Land Or Pack Out? / 26 And Still Living With My Parents (advise) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm 30 And Still Living With My Parents..smh by Kollins11: 7:53am On Jul 06, 2022
MufasaLion:

You'll be caught and I hope it's sooner.
You can say that to Tinubu your next president who is a drug dealer and who you're also drumming support for.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm 30 And Still Living With My Parents..smh by Blaqroman0000: 7:57am On Jul 06, 2022
Kollins11:
Tinubu that's into drugs smuggling yet you people are still drumming support for him to become your president.

Tinubu dey hustle... You better go hustle hard bro.. I'm telling you now.

even though Tinubu uses any of his family members for ritual to get money you will also emulate him...

Talking about me... I have already build my future at a tender age in a right way, I didn't do it based on mere influence...

It's obvious am mentioning a teen which generates money into scamming people, my own na when kama comes just know your fate

7 Likes

Re: I'm 30 And Still Living With My Parents..smh by CaveAdullam: 7:58am On Jul 06, 2022
1. Calm down man. It is not easy anywhere in the world, especially in Africa, and Nigeria. But we do think it's always greener on the other side of the fence.

2. The economic and political terrain has been ruffled by corrupt leaders and politicians, hence, the current problem we are facing. Now we all can understand that it is not doing what makes you happy but what is the right thing.

3. The exacerbation of our predicament is also due to the prevalence of social media, we see the few successful people making headlines, all of the news and in every post and we do think we are failures. The reality is that these few people gained success either by chance, hard work, or charity from friends and family.

4. As a result of the effect of social media on the economic state of the nation, fraudulent activities have taken over, now a teenager who doesn't measure up to your level of intellect and exposure is the one now dictating the tune of the piper. It is a sad reality.

5. As humans, we only have a tiny control over how our lives go. But many do think that we can get whatever we desire by positive thinking and working hard all day. Though, there are some truths in the statement but not the whole truth.

A. You don't have control over the country you will be born.

B. You don't have control over your genetics.

C. You don't have control over your government.

D. You don't have control over the economy; you can't dictate peoples' buying and selling tendencies. The market is way emotional.

E. You can't dictate the legislature.

F. You don't choose your family, and can't even control them to the extent you want.

G. Different things cumulate and they are the deciding factors of our lives; our decisions and positive thinking are all that we have got to manage ourselves amidst the changes and storms of life.

6. It is not easy, but you must start from somewhere. It is hard for the ones enabling themselves not to talk of the unemployed, depressed and suicidal.

7. Look within, what do you have? What can you do? Where are you at the moment? Use this to start planning.

8. Don't set any resolution or target, you don't have control over the circumstances of life and how people will behave. The goal now is to engage in something worthy and start planning and building from there.

9. Life is filled with joy and laughter; peace and war; hope and anxiety, failures and success. You may be on the negative side of life today, and maybe tomorrow you will be on the positive side - it is all hope and a coping mechanism but we wish the good for ourselves and our loved ones.

10. Connect with people that are better than you. Go to places where you will either gain knowledge or money, or both. But better to remain in solitude than mingle with those who won't sharpen your life and experience.

11. If You want a beautiful edifice, start laying the foundation.

Time and chance happen to them all.

Thanks.

89 Likes 23 Shares

Re: I'm 30 And Still Living With My Parents..smh by Rayd502(m): 7:58am On Jul 06, 2022
InfinityFabric:
At 30, you no get any skill wey fit make you money ?

Your parents failed you.
Your parents failed you.
Your parents failed you.
You failed yourself.

You should start something you should've done in
your teens.

Why blame the parents?
Re: I'm 30 And Still Living With My Parents..smh by Kingnelson9: 7:59am On Jul 06, 2022
Kollins11:
What were you doing all this while with your life? Are you sick or crippled? Can't you hustle hard to leave your parent's house?

@24 I was already living on my own and paying my bills. Infact 2 weeks after my nysc @24 I was on my way to Ghana to join HK to learn yahoo.

Now, I'm very close to your age and I'm living a good life. You better go and hustle.. It's either you learn a skill or you go learn yahoo to make your life better and stop depending on your certificate.

If you're 18 years old on this forum reading my comment, you better start hustling at your young age now (learn a skill or do yahoo).. Don't depend too much on your parents or certificates, So that you won't end up like this op.
you have said all bro

2 Likes

Re: I'm 30 And Still Living With My Parents..smh by MufasaLion: 7:59am On Jul 06, 2022
Kollins11:
You can say that to Tinubu your next president who is a drug dealer and who you're also drumming support for.

You don't know my candidate and also, I have the right to support whosoever I want.

Last time I checked, narcotics and engaging in cybercrime are both against the law -- both illegal. You're clearly in the same group with the Tinubu you're discrediting. You're nothing but a fraudster. Your days are numbered!

17 Likes

Re: I'm 30 And Still Living With My Parents..smh by Sweetvie: 8:08am On Jul 06, 2022
nokspos:
I left my parent house at a much older age, and i was already making millions, i just didn't find any need to leave yet., I bought my first car and land in my parent's house. But i made sure i spend a minimum of 500k on their house yearly, this is enough for me to rent a decent mini flat in lagos, one year i fenced the compound , another year i put a roller gate, another year I floored the compound. Living with my parent helped me reduced being too promiscuous at that time because they monitor every female that comes to visit and that helped my life to a great extent. No friend or girl would label me as being broke because it was evident that i could afford my own apartment but i chose to stay for my own personal reasons.

Stop the cap and face life reality. its not living with or outside your parent's house that determines your success in life. Keep doing something.

Yeah, you're right
But not those who is almost 30 and there parent is still the one feeding them. smiley

2 Likes

Re: I'm 30 And Still Living With My Parents..smh by Kollins11: 8:19am On Jul 06, 2022
MufasaLion:

You don't know my candidate and also, I have the right to support whosoever I want.

Last time I checked, narcotics and engaging in cybercrime are both against the law -- both illegal. You're clearly in the same group with the Tinubu you're discrediting. You're nothing but a fraudster. Your days are numbered!
I want power to return to the south. I'm OBiDient but if Tinubu wins, I'm still cool with it, as long as power returns to the south. Peter Obi and Tinubu are ready to work if elected.. No doubt... Let leave politics for now and focus on this topic.

MufasaLion, I dey respect you very well on this forum, Infact I was the guy who quoted you the other day asking where have you been.

Mind you, I didn't say narcotics isn't illegal please don't get me wrong, But you were trying to give me that impression like I'm the worst person living on earth.

Guy, people do dirty things to make money even our politicians.. I have hustle hard (yahoo) and I have Seen & touched money bro.

I can't even kill a rat not to talk of killing my fellow human for rituals. I don't believe in rituals.. I believe in hardwork.

Years ago I had the opportunity to smuggle drugs, they were ready to pay me 2M per trip But I choose yahoo.

Don't underestimate the power of yahoo bro.. Respect that hustle.

13 Likes

Re: I'm 30 And Still Living With My Parents..smh by MufasaLion: 8:24am On Jul 06, 2022
Kollins11:
I want power to return to the south. I'm OBiDient but if Tinubu wins, I'm still cool with it, as long as power returns to the south. Peter Obi and Tinubu are ready to work if elected.. No doubt... Let leave politics for now and focus on this topic.

MufasaLion, I dey respect you very well on this forum, Infact I was the guy who quoted you the other day asking where have you been.

Mind you, I didn't say narcotics isn't illegal please don't get me wrong, But you were trying to give me that impression like I'm the worst person living on earth.

Guy, people do dirty things to make money even our politicians.. I have hustle hard (yahoo) and I have Seen & touched money bro.

I can't even kill a rat not to talk of killing my fellow human for rituals. I don't believe in rituals.. I believe in hardwork.

Years ago I had the opportunity to smuggle drugs, they were ready to pay me 2M per trip But I choose yahoo.

Don't underestimate the power of yahoo bro.. Respect that hustle.

Engaging in fraud is illegal and punishable by law. Secondly, you're even glorifying and that's absolutely wrong. This is the mistake y'all into illegal doings make. You think you're anonymous, yeah? Keep it up.

Hushpuppi felt untouchable also and he's gonna spend many years behind bars.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I'm 30 And Still Living With My Parents..smh by Legalese(m): 8:26am On Jul 06, 2022
Lol...don't let people get to you with their rubbish talk and bragging. There's nothing wrong in living with your parents if it does not impeded your desire to succeed.
It can actually be a smart move to save cost while earning and contributing to the family. No body and family is the standard.

Just be grateful that you have parents who hopefully support you, plan for the next 6 months and work your ass off.
When you make the money, don't be in a hurry to leave. Enjoy the presence of your parents on this earth as much as you can while working to make them and yourself as comfortable as possible.

No body is the standard.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm 30 And Still Living With My Parents..smh by Olagoods1: 8:27am On Jul 06, 2022
Kollins11:
That's the choice (yahoo) I made bro and it has helped me.

I'm not forcing anyone here to do yahoo. I presented two choices before them (learn a profitable skill or do yahoo).. The choice is left for them.

I'm just telling y'all what is working for me. I'm a graduate in civil engineering but today na yahoo I dey do and it's paying me big time.... Make my certificate dey on side first
You dey motivate me my gee...

5 Likes

Re: I'm 30 And Still Living With My Parents..smh by Nobody: 8:30am On Jul 06, 2022
omotoso1989:
I'm 33 now,working and got married before at 27.i lost my job and my wife took a french leave.im now in my parents house.but I could recollect my wife telling me had it been the one that I wanted to do that I did to u,u would have known

Make it clearer sir. Somebody may learn

2 Likes

Re: I'm 30 And Still Living With My Parents..smh by JackDaAlienz(m): 8:32am On Jul 06, 2022
okoroemeka:
thank your lucky stars that your parents are still alive and healthy to accommodate and still feed you, double your hustle, think out of the box and use innovative fresh ideas to liberate yourself from financial bondage
Like yahoo
Re: I'm 30 And Still Living With My Parents..smh by aprilwise(m): 8:42am On Jul 06, 2022
Do not anyone pressure you to leave your parents house if you’re not financially balance. I’m 35 I work in offshore with good salary am still living with my parents. I have all the space in the world

29 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I'm 30 And Still Living With My Parents..smh by TheNoble007(m): 8:46am On Jul 06, 2022
Kollins11:
What were you doing all this while with your life? Are you sick or crippled? Can't you hustle hard to leave your parent's house?

@24 I was already living on my own and paying my bills. Infact 2 weeks after my nysc @24 I was on my way to Ghana to join HK to learn yahoo.

Now, I'm very close to your age and I'm living a good life. You better go and hustle.. It's either you learn a skill or you go learn yahoo to make your life better and stop depending on your certificate.

If you're 18 years old on this forum reading my comment, you better start hustling at your young age now (learn a skill or do yahoo).. Don't depend too much on your parents or certificates, So that you won't end up like this op.

Coming to social media, and boasting of illegal activities like defrauding people of their hard earned money? May you and your lineage never know peace unless you repent. Go through my moniker and mark this statement.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I'm 30 And Still Living With My Parents..smh by majour(m): 8:46am On Jul 06, 2022
nokspos:
I left my parent house at a much older age, and i was already making millions, i just didn't find any need to leave yet., I bought my first car and land in my parent's house. But i made sure i spend a minimum of 500k on their house yearly, this is enough for me to rent a decent mini flat in lagos, one year i fenced the compound , another year i put a roller gate, another year I floored the compound. Living with my parent helped me reduced being too promiscuous at that time because they monitor every female that comes to visit and that helped my life to a great extent. No friend or girl would label me as being broke because it was evident that i could afford my own apartment but i chose to stay for my own personal reasons.

Stop the cap and face life reality. its not living with or outside your parent's house that determines your success in life. Keep doing something.

What do u do for cash, I'd love to learn if you can teach.
Re: I'm 30 And Still Living With My Parents..smh by Bhorbymills1990: 9:08am On Jul 06, 2022
Start POS grin
Re: I'm 30 And Still Living With My Parents..smh by Kollins11: 9:15am On Jul 06, 2022
MufasaLion:

Engaging in fraud is illegal and punishable by law. Secondly, you're even glorifying and that's absolutely wrong. This is the mistake y'all into illegal doings make. You think you're anonymous, yeah? Keep it up.

Hushpuppi felt untouchable also and he's gonna spend many years behind bars.
Bro, It's a choice. I'm not forcing anyone.

You still don't understand me Bro... I mean, life isn't fair with anyone, so why should I be fair with life. Do you think we care about spending many years behind bars? Do you think Hushpuppi is regretting his actions?

Na upcoming yahoo boys dey fear to spend time behind bars because money still dey sweet them to spend.

4 Likes

Re: I'm 30 And Still Living With My Parents..smh by jesmond3945: 9:15am On Jul 06, 2022
4teenblaq:

Why would you advice someone to do yahoo?
are you yahoo boys cum politicians not governing you?
Re: I'm 30 And Still Living With My Parents..smh by Contraa: 9:19am On Jul 06, 2022
OP, do not be hard on yourself , there is more to life that we do take for granted which is healthy living . From your write up, you could definitely feed yourself which is one thing you should be grateful for . Many people have mansions , cars and can’t eat . Don’t be too hard on yourself .

5 Likes

Re: I'm 30 And Still Living With My Parents..smh by jesmond3945: 9:20am On Jul 06, 2022
TheNoble007:

Coming to social media, and boasting of illegal activities like defrauding people of their hard earned money? May you and your lineage never know peace unless you repent. Go through my moniker and mark this statement.
my dear let us be frank, look at our leaders? Even the person you are supporting to be your president is a yahoo boy. Please let us stop hypocricy.

4 Likes

Re: I'm 30 And Still Living With My Parents..smh by Connected1: 9:23am On Jul 06, 2022
JackDaAlienz:
I want to find an apartment but na money kill am.
I will be turning 30 on october and im still living with my parents. I feel like i have failed in life at my age.

It pains me that as a guy, i dont have my own apartment. Apartments are so expensive now than before. And i dont have friends that i can squat in their house.
What should i do?
Why speaking like a woman, they are the ones scared of a particular age.
Anyone telling you Nigeria is not hard is lying big time, I pay the most bills of my parents family, but I still live with them so I can curb promiscuity, I know myself, like this sef, I do lodge hotels once in a while then imagine if I stay alone, my ashawo go get better style, girls and my guys know I am doing well for myself, at least I am contented with the little I have achieved and hoping for more.

If I am to leave my parents house then I will be getting married in the next year, so I don't have plans for that now, I am still a student and I hope to have atleast 6 landed properties before I leave them, don't allow anybody kill your self-esteem, you are better than most of them it's just that your secret is wide open unlike theirs, so achieve what you want while staying with your parents, they won't chase you and will still borrow you funds willingly if they have unlike when you ask others. I can remember when my mother pushed for a loan for me, but when she wanted to take it I had gotten the money from somewhere else.

So you aren't a failure, Nigeria is just hard, we aren't where we want to be but we are happy for Life, Buhari's regime killed 90% of my plans, I killed 5% with my own hands and only 5% worked out, so that's how life is for many of us now.

Life isn't about who arrived first, the goal is to be rich and healthy at our 50's and retirement age, according to my elderly friends, na that time life dae sweet pass not even our youth, the youthful age is the time for laying solid foundations, so don't envy those buying cars and carrying leftover girls, build your future bro.

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I'm 30 And Still Living With My Parents..smh by jesmond3945: 9:25am On Jul 06, 2022
MufasaLion:

you have the right to support your candidate who is probably a yahoo man but you would not support Op if he wants to do yahoo. Is this not hypocricy?
The problem with Nigerians is that we put the interest of others above our own. The politicians are committing yahoo on a daily basis but the youth should fold their hands and watch.
Re: I'm 30 And Still Living With My Parents..smh by jesmond3945: 9:27am On Jul 06, 2022
TheNoble007:

let us put this same energy to attack our politicians, yahoo will die a natural death.

4 Likes

Re: I'm 30 And Still Living With My Parents..smh by PumpumPrince: 9:31am On Jul 06, 2022
JackDaAlienz:
I will be turning 30 on october and im still living with my parents. I feel like i have failed in life at my age.

It pains me that as a guy, i dont have my own apartment. Apartments are so expensive now than before. And i dont have friends that i can squat in their house.
What should i do?

angry
Re: I'm 30 And Still Living With My Parents..smh by PumpumPrince: 9:32am On Jul 06, 2022
JackDaAlienz:

What should i do?

drive the old cargos out sir..or else u wunt be a le to bring in babes!!! (No ooofencse) angry
Re: I'm 30 And Still Living With My Parents..smh by Prettygirl200(f): 9:39am On Jul 06, 2022
4teenblaq:

Why would you advice someone to do yahoo?
And what's wrong with that If to say e do yahoo e for dey him papa house at 30?
Re: I'm 30 And Still Living With My Parents..smh by Prettygirl200(f): 9:44am On Jul 06, 2022
Ballzproblemm:
STFU! just because you made it early doesn't mean others won't , instead of you to advice him on what to venture in you are here bragging nonsense , you no senior mbappe yet en go train you.
Mr e didn't brag, he is only telling the op what he would have done in his youthful age and same time advicing every young guy out to start hustling early in other for them not to end up like the op. I advices my bf to get a land build a house with the money he collected from Yahoo, I advices to open a business and put someone there to help him manage and am the one supervising it. look at him now he has two buildings and he is a landlord on his own and he hasn't gone far in age. Looking at him always happy I didn't flirt that money with him he is doing well, nd am happy.

3 Likes

Re: I'm 30 And Still Living With My Parents..smh by cooltola(m): 9:52am On Jul 06, 2022
Forget age, move out when u have money. It is rough out there, do not move out and be owning rent.

11 Likes

Re: I'm 30 And Still Living With My Parents..smh by Joelobioha(m): 9:52am On Jul 06, 2022
Connected1:

Why speaking like a woman, they are the ones scared of a particular age.
Anyone telling you Nigeria is not hard is lying big time, I pay the most bills of my parents family, but I still live with them so I can curb promiscuity, I know myself, like this sef, I do lodge hotels once in a while then imagine if I stay alone, my ashawo go get better style, girls and my guys know I am doing well for myself, at least I am contented with the little I have achieved and hoping for more.

If I am to leave my parents house then I will be getting married in the next year, so I don't have plans for that now, I am still a student and I hope to have atleast 6 landed properties before I leave them, don't allow anybody kill your self-esteem, you are better than most of them it's just that your secret is wide open unlike theirs, so achieve what you want while staying with your parents, they won't chase you and will still borrow you funds willingly if they have unlike when you ask others. I can remember when my mother pushed for a loan for me, but when she wanted to take it I had gotten the money from somewhere else.

So you aren't a failure, Nigeria is just hard, we aren't where we want to be but we are happy for Life, Buhari's regime killed 90% of my plans, I killed 5% with my own hands and only 5% worked out, so that's how life is for many of us now.

Life isn't about who arrived first, the goal is to be rich and healthy at our 50's and retirement age, according to my elderly friends, na that time life dae sweet pass not even our youth, the youthful age is the time for laying solid foundations, so don't envy those buying cars and carrying leftover girls, build your future bro.
damn man ure wise

3 Likes

Re: I'm 30 And Still Living With My Parents..smh by Vyzz: 9:53am On Jul 06, 2022
Kollins11:

I wished I was told this when I was 18.

I no for even enter school.

But as e dey now, I never reach 24, not even in the next two years and I am doing fine, buh haven't gotten to were I want.

Consistency the say

1 Like

Re: I'm 30 And Still Living With My Parents..smh by InfinityFabric: 9:56am On Jul 06, 2022
Rayd502:

Why blame the parents?
They didn't help him help himself before the age of 25

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

My Wife Has Been Poisoning My Meals Since 2008, Husband Tells Court / Wife Caught Her Cheating Husband With Another Lady, Pours Hot Soup On Him / Abandoned Nine-month-old Baby Crawling On Lagos Road Found

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.