Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,124 members, 7,818,372 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:49 PM

I'm 30 And Still Living With My Parents..smh - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I'm 30 And Still Living With My Parents..smh (45547 Views)

Genotype: I'm The Only One Still Living In This Picture - Man / Age 25 With 1 Million Naira & Living With My Parents: Buy Land Or Pack Out? / 26 And Still Living With My Parents (advise) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm 30 And Still Living With My Parents..smh by emee701(m): 10:05am On Jul 06, 2022
Kollins11:
Bro, It's a choice. I'm not forcing anyone.

You still don't understand me Bro... I mean, life isn't fair with anyone, so why should I be fair with life. Do you think we care about spending many years behind bars? Do you think Hushpuppi is regretting his actions?

Na upcoming yahoo boys dey fear to spend time behind bars because money still dey sweet them to spend.
Na dating you dey do?

1 Like

Re: I'm 30 And Still Living With My Parents..smh by smallvill(m): 10:06am On Jul 06, 2022
JackDaAlienz:
I want to find an apartment but na money kill am.
I will be turning 30 on october and im still living with my parents. I feel like i have failed in life at my age.

It pains me that as a guy, i dont have my own apartment. Apartments are so expensive now than before. And i dont have friends that i can squat in their house.
What should i do?

My brother don't beat yourself up am sure if you had the means you will not want to be there, but things now are not the same as 30 years ago, everything is very expensive now, even to rent one room is high. If your parent's place is rented try and get something doing so you can contribute to the rent money but if the house is owned by your parents try dey buy food in the house, long story short you need to look for a job. do not rush to get a house when you don't have the means of paying the next year's rent.
and lastly for now leave women they are very expensive

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm 30 And Still Living With My Parents..smh by Nozino: 10:07am On Jul 06, 2022
JackDaAlienz:
I will be turning 30 on october and im still living with my parents. I feel like i have failed in life at my age.

It pains me that as a guy, i dont have my own apartment. Apartments are so expensive now than before. And i dont have friends that i can squat in their house.
What should i do?

If you have friends in similar situation, you guys can pool resources together. It doesn’t have to be expensive sef.

1 Like

Re: I'm 30 And Still Living With My Parents..smh by 4teenblaq: 10:09am On Jul 06, 2022
Prettygirl200:
And what's wrong with that If to say e do yahoo e for dey him papa house at 30?

As e b say dey never scam you before there will be nothing wrong with that.

7 Likes

Re: I'm 30 And Still Living With My Parents..smh by Skillsnigeria: 10:09am On Jul 06, 2022
Hmmm
Re: I'm 30 And Still Living With My Parents..smh by blesdman(m): 10:10am On Jul 06, 2022
JackDaAlienz:

What should i do?
Go to a town with less cost of living....hustle from there

1 Like

Re: I'm 30 And Still Living With My Parents..smh by Af0nja: 10:10am On Jul 06, 2022
JackDaAlienz:

What should i do?

Don't squat, save money and move. No matter how long it will take you.

4 Likes

Re: I'm 30 And Still Living With My Parents..smh by Localordinary: 10:11am On Jul 06, 2022
Its never too late,go and learn a skill if you don't have one

JackDaAlienz:

What should i do?
Re: I'm 30 And Still Living With My Parents..smh by Kingjames(m): 10:12am On Jul 06, 2022
it's not a legal crime but social crime bro

Move like father Abraham and find your square root

2 Likes

Re: I'm 30 And Still Living With My Parents..smh by Benprass(m): 10:12am On Jul 06, 2022
omotoso1989:
I'm 33 now,working and got married before at 27.i lost my job and my wife took a french leave.im now in my parents house.but I could recollect my wife telling me had it been the one that I wanted to do that I did to u,u would have known

Bros no vex what are you saying?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I'm 30 And Still Living With My Parents..smh by Ejehkob: 10:12am On Jul 06, 2022
Not bad but if your parents are poor they will be frustrating you on a daily lipsrsealed

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm 30 And Still Living With My Parents..smh by osazsky(m): 10:12am On Jul 06, 2022
JackDaAlienz:

What should i do?
this one strong..when u one take plan ur life..those of us that left at 24 left late...even if person nor quick see work there are good jobs u can learn within 0ne year u don they see work.it is well.my God help u..but it's late o

1 Like

Re: I'm 30 And Still Living With My Parents..smh by Lexusgs430: 10:12am On Jul 06, 2022
JackDaAlienz:

What should i do?

Continue staying with your parents, till you can really afford moving out ...............

11 Likes

Re: I'm 30 And Still Living With My Parents..smh by Opoki(m): 10:13am On Jul 06, 2022
You're lucky that your parent has a house. Instead for looking for money to get accommodation, look for capital and venture into a business

12 Likes

Re: I'm 30 And Still Living With My Parents..smh by FORHII: 10:13am On Jul 06, 2022
JackDaAlienz:

What should i do?
SO? no go kill yourself oh.

1 Like

Re: I'm 30 And Still Living With My Parents..smh by TheNoble007(m): 10:14am On Jul 06, 2022
jesmond3945:
my dear let us be frank, look at our leaders? Even the person you are supporting to be your president is a yahoo boy. Please let us stop hypocricy.

First of all, I am not your dear. Secondly, I have not made an assertion on any political leader. Thirdly, the backdrop or recession in a nation, shouldn't efface integrity amongst youths. I know someone who persistently for years, kept on applying to hundreds of jobs in Nigeria and his tenacity paid off recently, where he got a permanent job worth several millions of naira per year. He refused to concede to crime despite his several trials.

You live in Nigeria and perhaps haven't visited any Western country and witness the form of reception meted to Nigeria passport holders. If you support misdeeds, illegal activities such as Yahoo, participate or encourage it, you and your generation will know no peace.

Shalom.

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I'm 30 And Still Living With My Parents..smh by Obidient4life2: 10:15am On Jul 06, 2022
JackDaAlienz:

What should i do?
Everything comes if only a man could wait. At 29 I had basically nothing but my phone and few cloths. Now I dey alright with people working for me. Keeping improving yourself and always accept every opportunity no matter how low, you will learn something from it that could be your starting point. Be a little more patient.

17 Likes

Re: I'm 30 And Still Living With My Parents..smh by vickydevoka(m): 10:15am On Jul 06, 2022
I left my parents house at 30. My female friend gingered me die. Sometimes you need people to ginger you especially your opposite sex.

10 Likes

Re: I'm 30 And Still Living With My Parents..smh by Successmind(m): 10:15am On Jul 06, 2022
What's our business.... Ja ra ee and face reality of life papapa
Re: I'm 30 And Still Living With My Parents..smh by UnimkeAk(m): 10:16am On Jul 06, 2022
Kollins11:
What were you doing all this while with your life? Are you sick or crippled? Can't you hustle hard to leave your parent's house?

@24 I was already living on my own and paying my bills. Infact 2 weeks after my nysc @24 I was on my way to Ghana to join HK to learn yahoo.

Now, I'm very close to your age and I'm living a good life. You better go and hustle.. It's either you learn a skill or you go learn yahoo to make your life better and stop depending on your certificate.

If you're 18 years old on this forum reading my comment, you better start hustling at your young age now (learn a skill or do yahoo).. Don't depend too much on your parents or certificates, So that you won't end up like this op.
OGA ELON MUSK

Mon sarr

3 Likes

Re: I'm 30 And Still Living With My Parents..smh by sgtponzihater1(m): 10:16am On Jul 06, 2022
I have not problem living with my parent till I old. I am a confirmed mummy's boy.

Fortunately life and work has drifted me far away from home. If things settle, I will transport my parents to come and live with me.

11 Likes

Re: I'm 30 And Still Living With My Parents..smh by Johel(m): 10:16am On Jul 06, 2022
JackDaAlienz:

What should i do?

Man, live life,life ain't no competition,just try earn and get an apartment later then start building from there...Don't let no one pressure you, to raise 150 - 200k no easy...just be in your parents house and work hard to avoid further see finish and disrespect from younger ones.

7 Likes

Re: I'm 30 And Still Living With My Parents..smh by Ade1177: 10:17am On Jul 06, 2022
nokspos:
I left my parent house at a much older age, and i was already making millions, i just didn't find any need to leave yet., I bought my first car and land in my parent's house. But i made sure i spend a minimum of 500k on their house yearly, this is enough for me to rent a decent mini flat in lagos, one year i fenced the compound , another year i put a roller gate, another year I floored the compound. Living with my parent helped me reduced being too promiscuous at that time because they monitor every female that comes to visit and that helped my life to a great extent. No friend or girl would label me as being broke because it was evident that i could afford my own apartment but i chose to stay for my own personal reasons.

Stop the cap and face life reality. its not living with or outside your parent's house that determines your success in life. Keep doing something.

the only good advice here

If your parents are not sending you away
Don't leave because one girl is saying she won't date you if you don't have your own apartment

Stay with your loving parents

Hustle hard and move out when you're made and you've seen a good woman

14 Likes

Re: I'm 30 And Still Living With My Parents..smh by Holla911(m): 10:17am On Jul 06, 2022
Kollins11:
What were you doing all this while with your life? Are you sick or crippled? Can't you hustle hard to leave your parent's house?

@24 I was already living on my own and paying my bills. Infact 2 weeks after my nysc @24 I was on my way to Ghana to join HK to learn yahoo.

Now, I'm very close to your age and I'm living a good life. You better go and hustle.. It's either you learn a skill or you go learn yahoo to make your life better and stop depending on your certificate.

If you're 18 years old on this forum reading my comment, you better start hustling at your young age now (learn a skill or do yahoo).. Don't depend too much on your parents or certificates, So that you won't end up like this op.

Man, life is not simple. You can make so much money yet loose it within a year.
He easy for you no mean say e easy for another man.
Road wet you pass without stumbling another man fit pass am fall yakata injure join.
Just thank your God and keep praying make you no experience wetin you no go fit explain.
Because your beans done no mean say another man no sabi cook.

14 Likes

Re: I'm 30 And Still Living With My Parents..smh by Akinyemi27: 10:17am On Jul 06, 2022
Now is the best time for you to plan very well bro, Get a good job, before you leave or else you will come back to them.

1 Like

Re: I'm 30 And Still Living With My Parents..smh by policysamuel(m): 10:17am On Jul 06, 2022
Kollins11:
That's the choice (yahoo) I made bro and it has helped me.

I'm not forcing anyone here to do yahoo. I presented two choices before them (learn a profitable skill or do yahoo).. The choice is left for them.

I'm just telling y'all what is working for me. I'm a graduate in civil engineering but today na yahoo I dey do and it's paying me big time.... Make my certificate dey one side first

Boss how far, drop me your digits mek I text, I need learn yahoo, pls boss
Re: I'm 30 And Still Living With My Parents..smh by tctrills: 10:18am On Jul 06, 2022
JackDaAlienz:

What should i do?
Do be in a hurry. It's better to be in your parent's place than to be with friends. Take your time and plan your life.

6 Likes

Re: I'm 30 And Still Living With My Parents..smh by rollandben(m): 10:18am On Jul 06, 2022
Is it only Yahoo he mentioned??
He said yahoo or you learn a skillful work...he was never specific on Yahoo, he was only trying to tell you to chose out of the two.
Or don't you like the skill work??

3 Likes

Re: I'm 30 And Still Living With My Parents..smh by Keniwit(m): 10:18am On Jul 06, 2022
Op.. your suitation is better...what Abt people in your shoe dat doesn't have a parents...So always thank God that you still have those two people (your mum and dad) dat gatt ur back...

7 Likes

Re: I'm 30 And Still Living With My Parents..smh by kweensheba: 10:18am On Jul 06, 2022
Keep striving on. It is not too late to settle down.

2 Likes

Re: I'm 30 And Still Living With My Parents..smh by godoluwa(m): 10:18am On Jul 06, 2022
nokspos:
I left my parent house at a much older age, and i was already making millions, i just didn't find any need to leave yet., I bought my first car and land in my parent's house. But i made sure i spend a minimum of 500k on their house yearly, this is enough for me to rent a decent mini flat in lagos, one year i fenced the compound , another year i put a roller gate, another year I floored the compound. Living with my parent helped me reduced being too promiscuous at that time because they monitor every female that comes to visit and that helped my life to a great extent. No friend or girl would label me as being broke because it was evident that i could afford my own apartment but i chose to stay for my own personal reasons.

Stop the cap and face life reality. its not living with or outside your parent's house that determines your success in life. Keep doing something.

It's like you are writing my story

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Nigerian Father Auctions His Daughter On Facebook (Photos) / Can You Start A Family With This Salary In Nigeria? / Why Are Wives Looking Older Than Their Husbands?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.