Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,671 members, 7,809,540 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:03 AM

I'm 30 And Still Living With My Parents..smh - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I'm 30 And Still Living With My Parents..smh (45451 Views)

Genotype: I'm The Only One Still Living In This Picture - Man / Age 25 With 1 Million Naira & Living With My Parents: Buy Land Or Pack Out? / 26 And Still Living With My Parents (advise) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm 30 And Still Living With My Parents..smh by fijiano202(m): 11:26am On Jul 06, 2022
JackDaAlienz:
I want to find an apartment but na money kill am.
I will be turning 30 on october and im still living with my parents. I feel like i have failed in life at my age.

It pains me that as a guy, i dont have my own apartment. Apartments are so expensive now than before. And i dont have friends that i can squat in their house.
What should i do?

Bro there's nothing Wrong with your life... You are perfectly OK... At 30 I had no bearing or hope of any kind but Jesus Found me .. Dont let anyone deceive you. theres no criteria or standard for success.. Some of them boasting now could go dead broke tomorrow.... There's nothing wrong with your life..
Yahoo is not an option.. Its addictive and destroys alot

Living with your parent is even grace that you have them to lean on..

Your life ain't bad.. Its just the ups and downs all humans experience in their journey in life..

Take this time to find God and dwell in him and all will be well and he will surely direct your path..

Dont have suicidal thoughts.. most successful people you see today also went through this...

Drink the Garri you see with Joy and don't let the issues in your house get to you.. It will surely pass....

2 Likes

Re: I'm 30 And Still Living With My Parents..smh by OvertheTop(m): 11:27am On Jul 06, 2022
JackDaAlienz:
I will be turning 30 on october and im still living with my parents. I feel like i have failed in life at my age.

It pains me that as a guy, i dont have my own apartment. Apartments are so expensive now than before. And i dont have friends that i can squat in their house.
What should i do?

Apartment is Not the First Step

the First Step is to get a Good pay Job...Save and then start with a very small Apartment like a 1 room.

if Not You will still fall back on your parent when you cannot pay the next rent.

Na frustration be that o
Re: I'm 30 And Still Living With My Parents..smh by horlahwaley(m): 11:27am On Jul 06, 2022
Op dont mind the werey wey say you should do yahoo. One day him money wey he got via fraudulent means will disappear like a flash in his eyes. I am 28 i am still in my parents house. I earn 6 figures, i bought my land and i am an entrepreneur. I am not ready for marriage i can rent an apartment if i want. Moral of the story, stay in your parents house if you feel it is comfortable for you, when you have made enough money automatically you will get an apartment for yourself, dont let anyone put you into depression mode. And dont bow to pressure. You are only a failure if you refuse to start from somewhere no matter how small it is.

1 Like

Re: I'm 30 And Still Living With My Parents..smh by faithfull18(f): 11:27am On Jul 06, 2022
OP, don't be discouraged. Learn a skill, search inwards to know what interests you and you can build a business around. Your entire life can change within a year.

Don't listen to the voices of evil. What is money if it doesn't come with the required peace of mind. Life on earth is only a phase.

1 Like

Re: I'm 30 And Still Living With My Parents..smh by Dmama1991: 11:29am On Jul 06, 2022
[quote author=Kollins11 post=114465654]That's the choice (yahoo) I made bro and it has helped me.

I'm not forcing anyone here to do yahoo. I presented two choices before them (learn a profitable skill or do yahoo).. The choice is left for them.

I'm just telling y'all what is working for me. I'm a graduate in civil engineering but today na yahoo I dey do and it's paying me big time.... Make my certificate dey one side first [/quotpe] bro abeg u fit teach me work i beg God beg u
Re: I'm 30 And Still Living With My Parents..smh by Onyiiobi7735(m): 11:35am On Jul 06, 2022
Ballzproblemm:
STFU! just because you made it early doesn't mean others won't , instead of you to advice him on what to venture in you are here bragging nonsense , you no senior mbappe yet en go train you.
The guy is simply stupid and arrogant. How are we even sure he actually did all that at 24.Pathetic liars everywhere.
Re: I'm 30 And Still Living With My Parents..smh by Sunisonflex39(m): 11:35am On Jul 06, 2022
aprilwise:
Do not anyone pressure you to leave your parents house if you’re not financially balance. I’m 35 I work in offshore with good salary am still living with my parents. I have all the space in the world

Boss good morning..abeg any internship trainee position?...make I come learn the work
Re: I'm 30 And Still Living With My Parents..smh by ShaqFu: 11:36am On Jul 06, 2022
Ballzproblemm:
STFU! just because you made it early doesn't mean others won't , instead of you to advice him on what to venture in you are here bragging nonsense , you no senior mbappe yet en go train you.
This is what I call ministry of violence.

I'm sure if you care to find out, that individual who made that nonsense comment doesn't have anything going on for him, and probably he's still living with his parents or squatting with a friend.
Re: I'm 30 And Still Living With My Parents..smh by Jetbound: 11:38am On Jul 06, 2022
JackDaAlienz:

What should i do?

Same situation but turning 30 later this month. Don't overthink it, trust your process. We're all on different paths, looking at other people will only get you frustrated.

2 Likes

Re: I'm 30 And Still Living With My Parents..smh by LaJoe2: 11:38am On Jul 06, 2022
omotoso1989:
I'm 33 now,working and got married before at 27.i lost my job and my wife took a french leave.im now in my parents house.but I could recollect my wife telling me had it been the one that I wanted to do that I did to u,u would have known

Don't understand the last statement made by your wife? kindly explain
Re: I'm 30 And Still Living With My Parents..smh by micheal633: 11:39am On Jul 06, 2022
Ballzproblemm:

you right bro make him no make the guy feel like say he no they try God plans for every body na just time
Re: I'm 30 And Still Living With My Parents..smh by Blackdisciple(m): 11:40am On Jul 06, 2022
VladimirPutiin:
Life for an average Nigerian youth is freaking hard.

Walai
Re: I'm 30 And Still Living With My Parents..smh by Kobojunkie: 11:40am On Jul 06, 2022
JackDaAlienz:

What should i do?
Are your parents kicking you out or what?? undecided

Why nor continue to save up your money until you purchase your own place or build your own home rather than rush out because you don't compare with your mates. Leave them alone and focus on you abeg! undecided
Re: I'm 30 And Still Living With My Parents..smh by WantsandMore: 11:42am On Jul 06, 2022
Revolution2022:
Everybody is facing one problem or the other,both married and unmarried.I get colleague for my former work.This guy was so jealous of me because I was no married,while he has got married.His wife always called him at work and I could hear them argue because of money.He earned #20k.As at 2017.I wonder how he could impregnate a lady with a meagre salary.Those who left their parents houses and are living alone are also facing problems of unpaid house rent for 1 or 2 years,job loses due to retrenchment at work,quit notice from their landlords over unpaid rent,debt to loan apps, depression due to stress at work couple with low pay.So my brother,no dey envy anybody.Na Nigeria we dey.If you no be politician,and government workers(Na them dey chop money through corrupt means)e dey hard to make ends meet.
Na people wey go buy tokumbo cars dey soferam.Visit'car talk section for nairaland and read complaint from car owners.Depression is everywhere.
lol…wahala no dey finish..1da Blanton.

1 Like

Re: I'm 30 And Still Living With My Parents..smh by seanwilliam(m): 11:42am On Jul 06, 2022
Justsylvia:

uncle how will u advice him to visit babalawo or dibia, after telling him to pray ? The first paragraph and adivce was well said buh u come spoil the whole adivce with babalawo and dibia stuff uncle why na

you’ve have been brainwashed by western religion. What’s bad in visiting baba alawo or Dibia if that’s what he believes in ?…

………………………………..……………………………

Anyway @op
1. thank God that your parents are alive .
2. Thank God your parents have their own house
3. Thank God that you’re healthy .
Now listen to me

You’re not a failure , and I believe you’ve tried your best before you could come on nairaland ..
They’re your parents, don’t be ashamed living with them..

If you have good relationship with them , don’t leave!, rather , contribute to financial needs of the house.

Find a job , Pick up one or two bills , ( filling gas, nepa bills ) and Dey try add money for food wey una Dey chop.

If you’re doing this, they will be happy and praying for you .. trust me they understand your predicament ,

Avoid relationship at this stage , after paying bills at home , save towards business .. and while doing this , learn one or two skills ,
Trust me if you focus and dedicate three years to savings and investing plus learning skills , in 5 years you will be comfortable, and it’s possible to have built your own house by then ( anything Is possible ).,

Nothing good comes easy!..

Some people build their lives from their parents home and most of them self pay bills more than the ones who rent outside.
Abi what’s the point in hustling to pay a year rent and not be able to renew the tenancy ?..

Use what’s at your disposal to start your life.

The goal is to be successful not competition ..

May God be with you . Amen

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I'm 30 And Still Living With My Parents..smh by Nobody: 11:43am On Jul 06, 2022
Don't give up. Age is just a number.
Re: I'm 30 And Still Living With My Parents..smh by yinkbell: 11:44am On Jul 06, 2022
CaveAdullam:
1. Calm down man. It is not easy anywhere in the world, especially in Africa, and Nigeria. But we do think it's always greener on the other side of the fence.

2. The economic and political terrain has been ruffled by corrupt leaders and politicians, hence, the current problem we are facing. Now we all can understand that it is not doing what makes you happy but what is the right thing.

3. The exacerbation of our predicament is also due to the prevalence of social media, we see the few successful people making headlines, all of the news and in every post and we do think we are failures. The reality is that these few people gained success either by chance, hard work, or charity from friends and family.

4. As a result of the effect of social media on the economic state of the nation, fraudulent activities have taken over, now a teenager who doesn't measure up to your level of intellect and exposure is the one now dictating the tune of the piper. It is a sad reality.

5. As humans, we only have a tiny control over how our lives go. But many do think that we can get whatever we desire by positive thinking and working hard all day. Though, there are some truths in the statement but not the whole truth.

A. You don't have control over the country you will be born.

B. You don't have control over your genetics.

C. You don't have control over your government.

D. You don't have control over the economy; you can't dictate peoples' buying and selling tendencies. The market is way emotional.

E. You can't dictate the legislature.

F. You don't choose your family, and can't even control them to the extent you want.

G. Different things cumulate and they are the deciding factors of our lives; our decisions and positive thinking are all that we have got to manage ourselves amidst the changes and storms of life.

6. It is not easy, but you must start from somewhere. It is hard for the ones enabling themselves not to talk of the unemployed, depressed and suicidal.

7. Look within, what do you have? What can you do? Where are you at the moment? Use this to start planning.

8. Don't set any resolution or target, you don't have control over the circumstances of life and how people will behave. The goal now is to engage in something worthy and start planning and building from there.

9. Life is filled with joy and laughter; peace and war; hope and anxiety, failures and success. You may be on the negative side of life today, and maybe tomorrow you will be on the positive side - it is all hope and a coping mechanism but we wish the good for ourselves and our loved ones.

10. Connect with people that are better than you. Go to places where you will either gain knowledge or money, or both. But better to remain in solitude than mingle with those who won't sharpen your life and experience.

11. If You want a beautiful edifice, start laying the foundation.

Time and chance happen to them all.

Thanks.
You've got wisdom deep rooted in you. I think is not bad being ur pen friend. Mention me, let me have ur watsap number.

1 Like

Re: I'm 30 And Still Living With My Parents..smh by Olastep1(m): 11:44am On Jul 06, 2022
We go make am last last
Re: I'm 30 And Still Living With My Parents..smh by TheManOfTheYear: 11:44am On Jul 06, 2022
Prettygirl200:
Mr e didn't brag, he is only telling the op what he would have done in his youthful age and same time advicing every young guy out to start hustling early in other for them not to end up like the op. I advices my bf to get a land build a house with the money he collected from Yahoo, I advices to open a business and put someone there to help him manage and am the one supervising it. look at him now he has two buildings and he is a landlord on his own and he hasn't gone far in age. Looking at him always happy I didn't flirt that money with him he is doing well, nd am happy.
Ode, go and fix your English first.

All these dumb ladies glorifying yahoo here, only God knows how he has used you to the point you're almost worthless.

Pathetic!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I'm 30 And Still Living With My Parents..smh by Nobody: 11:45am On Jul 06, 2022
Present day Nigeria situation and to make matters worst, some average parents are still supporting their married children financially even at 40. My advice is move out of the house by all means necessary and start living.
You will have a different approach to things when you start paying house rents, utility bills and personal upkeep.

2 Likes

Re: I'm 30 And Still Living With My Parents..smh by holubee21(m): 11:47am On Jul 06, 2022
Why are u stressing yourself when our Lord Jesus Christ still lives in his Father's house..Don't blame yourself bro, it's just the country we live in..Look for anything doing so you won't be idle, with time u get over this

1 Like

Re: I'm 30 And Still Living With My Parents..smh by Ikpongiton: 11:47am On Jul 06, 2022
You are better off o.Some folks don't have parents at all, and some other people have parents who don't have apartment.
Re: I'm 30 And Still Living With My Parents..smh by lekonso: 11:49am On Jul 06, 2022
Kollins11:
That's the choice (yahoo) I made bro and it has helped me.

I'm not forcing anyone here to do yahoo. I presented two choices before them (learn a profitable skill or do yahoo).. The choice is left for them.

I'm just telling y'all what is working for me. I'm a graduate in civil engineering but today na yahoo I dey do and it's paying me big time.... Make my certificate dey one side first
You will surely pay for that yahoo you dey do o. Na spiritual law, if you cause others to go through pains, you cannot escape it, you will go through it yourself. If you like repent and stop it, if you like continue, but for sure, you must reap whatever you sow.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm 30 And Still Living With My Parents..smh by Teeroyzimma: 11:49am On Jul 06, 2022
clinician2x:
I am in late 20s, I live in my parents house, I drive my own car I bought at 27 and I make 1000$ every month working from home. My leaving my parents house is traveling to USA and never coming back.
Give us update na
Re: I'm 30 And Still Living With My Parents..smh by Kollins11: 11:49am On Jul 06, 2022
Mamaab:

Your foolishness and stupidity is universal. Ritualist.

Dear OP, don't listen to these agents on demons here pls. There is nothing wrong with you and you have not failed in life. Sorry to say, but if your parents are pushing you out, they are equally as foolish as that useless commenter up there.
You're not serious.

abi you want a son to become a yahoo boy programmer.. Kindly bring him to me... Let me teach how to become a programmer.

You're gonna thank me.
Re: I'm 30 And Still Living With My Parents..smh by deflover(m): 11:53am On Jul 06, 2022
JackDaAlienz:

What should i do?

u dont do anything
u learn a skill
u stay loyal
u learn to communicate well
u stay clean

i was 26 when i made my first one million
was in London 27
lost all i had
came back
lost everything
2017 i made $24k in forex trading from $800
i bought things
i am now a man i thought
2018 fire burnt all i had
i had just my phone and the clothes on my body
2019 i made millions again
2020 i was broke
2021 i made millions
2022 i have not still got it right but i am here
i am older

so what's my point
stay loyal
don't be materialistic
cos that's what causes depression
u are young
u have strength to work
focus on internet business

u will be fine

3 Likes

Re: I'm 30 And Still Living With My Parents..smh by frozen70(f): 11:53am On Jul 06, 2022
JackDaAlienz:

What should i do?

Do you have any legitimate thing you are doing presently that can feed you, if yes then ask your parents to assist you to get a one room accommodation

But if you feel you can afford that one room, then go for it
Re: I'm 30 And Still Living With My Parents..smh by insightful01(m): 11:54am On Jul 06, 2022
Kollins11:
Seun
Mynd44
Lalasticlala
Dominique
Justwise

Una no try at all.. Why una commot my comment?? I did not break any rules here... I didn't force anyone to do yahoo. I was only stating what worked for me... After all, life isn't fair to anyone.

It's their choice to choose between a profitable skill or yahoo, which I stated earlier... Did I force anyone or put a gun on anyone's head?

Honestly, una no try.. I swear. angry

Your comment was quoted already. So. Is. All over the thread.

Even though yahoo is illegal, I see where you stated "hurzle all night I no dey sleep " which means what ever you do. require hard work.

Faceless forum and. Everybody is entitle to his/her opinion.

To me, no work is easy, some people have the hardwork but lack luck . Every hurzle require Grace/luck
Re: I'm 30 And Still Living With My Parents..smh by Ndidi2: 11:55am On Jul 06, 2022
Connected1:

Why speaking like a woman, they are the ones scared of a particular age.
Anyone telling you Nigeria is not hard is lying big time, I pay the most bills of my parents family, but I still live with them so I can curb promiscuity, I know myself, like this sef, I do lodge hotels once in a while then imagine if I stay alone, my ashawo go get better style, girls and my guys know I am doing well for myself, at least I am contented with the little I have achieved and hoping for more.

If I am to leave my parents house then I will be getting married in the next year, so I don't have plans for that now, I am still a student and I hope to have atleast 6 landed properties before I leave them, don't allow anybody kill your self-esteem, you are better than most of them it's just that your secret is wide open unlike theirs, so achieve what you want while staying with your parents, they won't chase you and will still borrow you funds willingly if they have unlike when you ask others. I can remember when my mother pushed for a loan for me, but when she wanted to take it I had gotten the money from somewhere else.

So you aren't a failure, Nigeria is just hard, we aren't where we want to be but we are happy for Life, Buhari's regime killed 90% of my plans, I killed 5% with my own hands and only 5% worked out, so that's how life is for many of us now.

Life isn't about who arrived first, the goal is to be rich and healthy at our 50's and retirement age, according to my elderly friends, na that time life dae sweet pass not even our youth, the youthful age is the time for laying solid foundations, so don't envy those buying cars and carrying leftover girls, build your future bro.
leftover girls o lol..
Chai..
My people
A na - eghe oku..
Gbado Anya..

God bless your mum for me.
Nwanyi oma.

1 Like

Re: I'm 30 And Still Living With My Parents..smh by Celsony: 11:56am On Jul 06, 2022
AgentGoat:
It's not rosy out there bro. Don't be idle. Look for something to do no matter how small for now. I understand it can be difficult living with our parents sometimes. But don't leave in a hurry with plan on how you will survive out there.

I remember the song PRAY FOR ME by DARE
Re: I'm 30 And Still Living With My Parents..smh by Augedudo: 11:57am On Jul 06, 2022
Guy, do not worry about your age. plan your life well now that you are there ,soon you will see yourself somewhere you never expected. pray and trust in God.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply)

My Wife Has Been Poisoning My Meals Since 2008, Husband Tells Court / Wife Caught Her Cheating Husband With Another Lady, Pours Hot Soup On Him / Abandoned Nine-month-old Baby Crawling On Lagos Road Found

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.