Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,529 members, 7,816,292 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:58 AM

Peter Obi Arise TV Interview (Live Video) - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi Arise TV Interview (Live Video) (39971 Views)

CDD West Africa Fact Checks Peter Obi's Arise TV Interview. / Peter Obi And Datti Baba-Ahmed ChannelsTV Interview (Live) / Kunle Olawunmi Wanted By Defence Intelligence Agency Over Channels TV Interview (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peter Obi Arise TV Interview (Live Video) by casualobserver: 11:25am On Jul 06, 2022
Grandmeister:

You lie! He specifically said that the state should be in charge of security. That he himself removed the police commissioner during Obasanjo's tenure. He asked ehindero to remove the then police officer because of poor performance. He also said why shouldn't the governor in a state like kaduna be held responsible for the security in his state. He further went on to say that we have about 320,000 police officers, that it should be doubled. That Egypt with half our population has over a million officers. And that over 70,000 of our officers are attached to individuals..again I say you LIED!

You lie, you are clealrly not intelligent enough to see how he played you, I guess he relies on undiscerning people like you for his campaign. He spoke about going to the IG of police, that is not state police. What Peter Obi spoke about is continuing the same system. That Obasanjo agreed to his request does not mean another president will. that is not state police. Peter Obi can never publicly state he is in favour of state police because of IPOB because that is exactly the fear people have with state police, that a repeat of 1967 will occur if the SE have control of a paramilitary organization. No SE president can initiate or implement state police with the current state of affairs.

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Arise TV Interview (Live Video) by SensualMan: 11:27am On Jul 06, 2022
Parachoko:
Fact nah Fact

You can't list out his legacies in Anambra because he has known.

What he can't do in Anambra, nah wetin you feel say e fit do for Nigeria? Well, we are less than 7 month away to the general election.
This my brother, it's his legacy. EDUCATION!
A good father leaves a good legacy for his children.
Assess the legacies of the two other men and compare it with the incoming president's.

Do not despair brother, I will be coming back to Nigeria parmanently by May 29th when Peter Obi shall be sworn in.

You have despaired for far too long, I bring u hope and good news.
PO will fix Nigeria that u and I shall be proud of.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Arise TV Interview (Live Video) by VirileNelly2420: 11:27am On Jul 06, 2022
KEVIND:
Peter Obi Sent killed over 1000 of Massob Agitators that campaign for him to become the governor of Anambra state. I WILL NEVER SUPPORT PETER OBI.
- Ralph Uwazuruike.
Stale!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Arise TV Interview (Live Video) by GloriousGbola: 11:28am On Jul 06, 2022
Subsidywise20:

And because of that, NNPC can no longer remit money to the government, because all its spare money is going into paying for the underrecovery re subsidy.

Plus smuggling of fuel to other African countries for cheap profits is a big thing. When fuel costs N300 and above in other West African and Central African countries....and 165 here. Abi someone go smuggle.

Plus the thing promotes corruption.

Remove suibsidy, and the whole nonsense will end.

Are you ready to put your wallet where your mouth is and pay n700/litre for petrol?

Talk is cheap. The occupy nigeria protests showed all politicians that subsidy is a lightning rod.

What does promote corruption mean? Everything in this country promotes corruption. The lazy knee jerk approach is to say end subsidy, rather than actually take the time to root out and punish the perpetrators.

There are agricultural subsidies in the US, do those also promote corruption?

Let Peter obi enter office and actually end everything to do with fuel subsidy/undercoverry and they will turn on him faster than they did on gej.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Arise TV Interview (Live Video) by casualobserver: 11:29am On Jul 06, 2022
ottersberger:

Why is it trite for you people to habitually become economic with the truth?. Did you watch the interview you are quoting from?.

Peter Obi was upfront and decisive in the answers he gave to questions asked him.

He said he will start restructuring with the state police. Peter Obi clearly stated that every governor should be in charge of their state's police formation. What is that?.

He said he will remove the petrol subsidy, and also went further to explain that there is a need to balance somewhere else to equalize the expected short-term negative financial effect on the people.

Tinubu can say whatever he wants. Nigerians have seen what he has done and what he continues to do. Let Tinubu submit himself to the Arise TV team to be interviewed if he is to be considered a serious and worthy presidential candidate.

if you are going to lie, then there is no point in responding to you. Those who have shame at least have the integrity to keep quiet

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Arise TV Interview (Live Video) by rickyrex(m): 11:30am On Jul 06, 2022
donphilopus:
Lies as usual. How does he expect sensible Nigerians to believe whatever he says in the interview? Same man who claimed he invested 20m dollar and today it's about 100m dollar only to blame "one youth" after Soludo debunked his lies! He lies effortlessly.
please dont be offended be bold enough to tell us who you are voting for . If that person is clean than obi

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Arise TV Interview (Live Video) by mascot87(m): 11:31am On Jul 06, 2022
This Obi no get any sense at all. I been think say him get sense before. I am listening to him for the first time today and I am amazed at the rubbish ipob are selling to us.
He just dey shout

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Arise TV Interview (Live Video) by Grandmeister(m): 11:31am On Jul 06, 2022
casualobserver:

You lie, you are clealrly not intelligent enough to see how he played you, I guess he relies on undiscerning people like you for his campaign. He spoke about going to the IG of police, that is not state police. What Peter Obi spoke about is continuing the same system. That Obasanjo agreed to his request does not mean another president will. that is not state police. Peter Obi can never publicly state he is in favour of state police because of IPOB because that is exactly the fear people have with state police, that a repeat of 1967 will occur if the SE have control of a paramilitary organization. No SE president can initiate or implement state police with the current state of affairs.

And who is now unintelligent one here? He specifically said "states should be in charge of their security". Or you no longer understand plain English? About restructuring he said the country needs to be restructured in certain areas for things to work. He said it without mincing words.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Arise TV Interview (Live Video) by VirileNelly2420: 11:32am On Jul 06, 2022
gasparpisciotta:
Obi was asked a simple question but he is covering it up with rhetorics
Some questions has no direct answer.

If u're wise, u should relate. cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Arise TV Interview (Live Video) by SensualMan: 11:32am On Jul 06, 2022
Can we please fast forward time so that PO can be sworn in as President?

I'm running out of patience.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Arise TV Interview (Live Video) by Nobody: 11:33am On Jul 06, 2022
GloriousGbola:

Are you ready to put your wallet where your mouth is and pay n700/litre for petrol?

Talk is cheap. The occupy nigeria protests showed all politicians that subsidy is a lightning rod.

What does promote corruption mean? Everything in this country promotes corruption. The lazy knee jerk approach is to say end subsidy, rather than actually take the time to root out and punish the perpetrators.

There are agricultural subsidies in the US, do those also promote corruption?

Let Peter obi enter office and actually end everything to do with fuel subsidy/undercoverry and they will turn on him faster than they did on gej.

1.Yes I am ready to pay 700 naira for one liter of petrol. Because at the end, Nigeria is throwing away trillions of naira on cheap petrol, as well as a chance to build up a profitable domestic refining industry that could provide more jobs and more income overall for this country, and also because it is not right for government to set prices for business...

2.Agricultural subsidies are not there to make food cheap, they exist to make farmers not lose money in times of overproduction when prices fall...plus they make it difficult for African agric producers to export their product at prices that can sustain them.

Just as subsidy is preventing us from developing a domestic refining industry, and a means of exporting fuel abroad.

3. If you were running a business, would you like government to set your prices? So that they can help the poor? Be honest in your answer.

Let's be realisitic. I would want cheap fuel...but cheap fuel is costing us too much. If paying N700 per liter guarantees more income for Nigeria, more jobs, more refineries, and more export income from refined products....I AM FOR IT.

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Arise TV Interview (Live Video) by ottersberger(m): 11:34am On Jul 06, 2022
casualobserver:

if you are going to lie, then there is no point in responding to you. Those who have shame at least have the integrity to keep quiet

The feeling is mutual.
There's no need to waste my time responding to a habitual liar, as is the case with you.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Arise TV Interview (Live Video) by Prinxzona10: 11:34am On Jul 06, 2022
The truth of all these issues is that Nigerians don't even know how much corruption have eaten deep and destroyed Nigeria and removing of subsidy wouldn't have any negative effect on Nigerians when accountability is there and when you cut down the cost of governance...
Nigeria is rich buh Nigerian's wealth are pocketed by just few and that's what Peter Obi is coming to fight,so that the wealth will flow generally to everybody buh the political elites wouldn't want that hence the reason they're fighting Peter Obi by using some of you guys even without knowing that you've been used to subjugate and suppress your future and destinies...
Every lunatic is trying to see fault where there's no fault in Peter Obi buh Atiku,Tinubu or even Kwankwaso never dime it fit to come for such interviews and why are they running away from such interviews or do you think they've never been invited before?their advisers have advised them to avoid all these interviews because it will open their asses via they gat nothing to offer and every sane and reasonable persons know that very well..
Take it or leave it,Peter Obi is for the common man on the street(the masses) while Atiku and Tinubu are for their fellow political elites,cronies,families and friends....so,if you ain't among these circles of people supporting these old sick selfish and corrupt candidates,then stop fighting Peter Obi instead start fighting for Peter Obi...
I rest my case...Gracias..

3 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Arise TV Interview (Live Video) by edungene7: 11:34am On Jul 06, 2022
Light and darkness have no comparism we all know the truth as Nigerians now it is left for us to do the needful
Re: Peter Obi Arise TV Interview (Live Video) by SensualMan: 11:34am On Jul 06, 2022
mascot87:
This Obi no get any sense at all. I been think say him get sense before. I am listening to him for the first time today and I am amazed at the rubbish ipob are selling to us.
He just dey shout
LOL. Your misery has just began.
This face and voice u shall bear for the next eight years.

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Arise TV Interview (Live Video) by azpekuliar: 11:35am On Jul 06, 2022
He gave the most apt response to Kwankwanso and that made my day. We moove!

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Arise TV Interview (Live Video) by splashbaby(m): 11:37am On Jul 06, 2022
Collinsaik:
the way this country dey u like am? Thunda fire ur blockos there.
Oloriburuku, na OBI wey be part of the problem go solve am. Stupid urchin, Olori pelebe.

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Arise TV Interview (Live Video) by onuman: 11:38am On Jul 06, 2022
anonimi:

The pretentious scammer and lawless looter is speaking, you mean
So this guy is still PDPeeing up till today?
Re: Peter Obi Arise TV Interview (Live Video) by mascot87(m): 11:38am On Jul 06, 2022
SensualMan:
LOL. Your misery has just began.
This face and voice u shall bear for the next eight years.

Let me quote you now. God will spare our lives, we will talk about this next year

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Arise TV Interview (Live Video) by VirileNelly2420: 11:38am On Jul 06, 2022
Seun:
Peter Obi believes that Nigeria is under-policed. That other African countries which are smaller than Nigeria have up to 1 million officers. I absolutely agree.
But where will the money to fund them come from? The current officers are poorly paid despite being too few in number.
And u think federal govt doesn't nap out huge sums yearly for police maintenance?
...d money is there, it has been a case of mismanagement. I heard Nigeria total foreign debt was at 15-trillion before dis govt came to power, bt it has risen to 45-trillion under dis govt.
So, dis government has borrow over 30-trilion since resumption of office. Nothing to show for it. Who is going to pay?

Meanwhile, we still generate revenue from every angle in dis country. Where is the money?
Re: Peter Obi Arise TV Interview (Live Video) by SensualMan: 11:40am On Jul 06, 2022
Prinxzona10:
The truth of all these issues is that Nigerians don't even know how much corruption have eaten deep and destroyed Nigeria and removing of subsidy wouldn't have any negative effect on Nigerians when accountability is there and when you cut down the cost of governance...
Nigeria is rich buh Nigerian's wealth are pocketed by just few and that's what Peter Obi is coming to fight,so that the wealth will flow generally to everybody buh the political elites wouldn't want that hence the reason they're fighting Peter Obi by using some of you guys even without knowing that you've been used to subjugate and suppress your future and destinies...
Every lunatic is trying to see fault where there's no fault in Peter Obi buh Atiku,Tinubu or even Kwankwaso never dime it fit to come for such interviews and why are they running away from such interviews or do you think they've never been invited before?their advisers have advised them to avoid all these interviews because it will open their asses via they gat nothing to offer and every sane and reasonable persons know that very well..
Take it or leave it,Peter Obi is for the common man on the street(the masses) while Atiku and Tinubu are for their fellow political elites,cronies,families and friends....so,if you ain't among these circles of people supporting these old sick selfish and corrupt candidates,then stop fighting Peter Obi instead start fighting for Peter Obi...
I rest my case...Gracias..
A people subjected to untold hardship and suffering for far too long gets used to it and call it their comfort zone.
This is what Nigerian leaders has done to Nigerians. Any form of change is resisted. They will rather wait for 1k, 2kg rice and 1 litre of groundnut oil they will eat for four years in the first instance.

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Arise TV Interview (Live Video) by 27Pushing30: 11:42am On Jul 06, 2022
mandarin:
Peter Obi has been able just like many Nigerians highlighted myriads of problem Nigeria has. He could however not come up with workable solution. For instance, he was asked why Siemen worked in Egypt but not in Nigeria. His response was simply that we are not serious. That was not a serious response from someone who wished to display intellectual acumen. It may seem that he simply did not know the snag in the system and dancing around the problem to paint himself good.
He has not given a convincing response to the issue of subsidy removal. He simply pointed to health and education as alternatives he would spend the subsidy money, he was not able to say how he would alleviate attendant rise in cost of living that could come with subsidy removal.

AT the onset of the interview, he accepted that he went to Egypt and Morocco to learn how they are doing stuffs that work, at least he owned up he is still learning. I feel he really need to also learn the complexity of managing a complex Nigeria cannot be wished away on the platter of oratory.

He could not state if he would restructure Nigeria until he becomes the president, he would not speak to creation of state police. He has no idea of exactly what he would do to solve the problem at the port even though he recognized the problems to be human. I don't see him surviving a deeply probing interview. He seemed to be unease with attack around his son for whatever reason and he should just be prepared for more because that's politics. He needs to dig deeper to focus his mind on solutions and how he will get there
Good luck to him.

On the Son's issue he was telling us that his Son is very busy that the son hasn't even had time to see him he will gather investigative journalist and offer them money (reward) if they can prove it is his son? - i found this response very disturbing. My mama fit no see me but if she see picture wey people say na Me she go forward the pic say "is this you?

that he cannot even speak firmly on something regarding his famliy is laughable

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Arise TV Interview (Live Video) by SensualMan: 11:43am On Jul 06, 2022
mascot87:

Let me quote you now. God will spare our lives, we will talk about this next year
When he becomes President, things must certainly augur well for u my brother.
Can I get Amen?
Re: Peter Obi Arise TV Interview (Live Video) by gasparpisciotta: 11:43am On Jul 06, 2022
VirileNelly2420:

Some questions has no direct answer.

If u're wise, u should relate. cool

It was not a personal question.

Rufai: What specifically are you going to do about the power sector based on your findings?

PO: You see a young man approached me at the airport and said; sir, people are taking pictures with you, who are you?
I replied that I am a Presidential candidate in the forthcoming elections in Nigeria, those you see taking pictures with me are Nigerians.
The boy said; my mother is a Jamaican while my dad a Nigerian, I want to come and invest in the country

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Arise TV Interview (Live Video) by donjahsy(m): 11:43am On Jul 06, 2022
Emu4life:
This guy is just an Orator. A 3rd Class graduate of Philosophy is not fit to rule this Nation. We cant afford another Dullard in Power.

NOTE: Mention is open to both DOGS and BABOONS
Orator?

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Arise TV Interview (Live Video) by Xfemt(m): 11:44am On Jul 06, 2022
Emu4life:
This guy is just an Orator. A 3rd Class graduate of Philosophy is not fit to rule this Nation. We cant afford another Dullard in Power.

NOTE: Mention is open to both DOGS and BABOONS
if you’re intelligent enough and watched his interview you will know he is the answer Nigeria need

I pray we don’t miss this golden opportunity

Mind you before you call me ipob
I’m Yoruba from ogun state

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Arise TV Interview (Live Video) by gasparpisciotta: 11:45am On Jul 06, 2022
27Pushing30:

On the Son's issue he was telling us that his Son is very busy that the son hasn't even had time to see him he will gather investigative journalist and offer them money (reward) if they can prove it is his son? - i found this response very disturbing. My mama fit no see me but if she see picture wey people say na Me she go forward the pic say "is this you?

that he cannot even speak firmly on something regarding his famliy is laughable

The guy is a fraud.

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Arise TV Interview (Live Video) by Nobody: 11:46am On Jul 06, 2022
Subsidywise20:

The corruption in the system is fuelled by the subsidy.

When you force fuel to be sold below what it costs to produce it, and the subsidy payments don't adequately cover the resulting loss, businessmen are going to still try to make their profits at all costs...and they would do that by making fake subsidy claims and smuggling fuel out to countries where it costs over N300.

Once subsidy is gone, everyone will sell the fuel they bring in. Nothing like subsidy claims , NNPC would be forced to work for its money, nothing like stealing or corruption again.

That is why subsidy has to go now. Or Obi will end up like Buhari, promising subsidy removal, but doing it partially or not at all, while subsidy costs rise year by year.

Look i share your points that subsidy has to go, but not at this time that crude oil prices are soaring and the naira is shit compared to the US dollar. it will worsen an already bad situation in Nigeria. The issue is there is no accountabiliy in the subsidy regime. and he will not end like Buhari if he does, then since we elected him it has sent a message to everyone that the electorate for once have power to remove anyone and we would remove him as well.
Re: Peter Obi Arise TV Interview (Live Video) by onuman: 11:46am On Jul 06, 2022
splashbaby:
You visited London for business and you lied is about Nigeria…Obituary is a Biafra movement, don’t fall for their lies. Igbos are far too ethnocentric conscious to be trusted with the Nigeria project. Remember they fought a civil war because of Biafra and they have not changed since then. If they fail in this movement, they will quickly return back to Biafra their first love…they are too treacherous to trust them with Nigeria.

Some bastard and muroons will still quote me even though this is the bitter truth.

About 40 years after the civil war, your mentors in the sharia states started division of Nigeria through their adoption of unconstitutional Islamic sharia criminal justice system in a multi religious country. Boko haram/ISWAP, Bandits and armed herdsmen, the footsoldiers for Nigeria to be governed with Sharia criminal laws, are wrecking havok all over Nigeria.
Re: Peter Obi Arise TV Interview (Live Video) by gasparpisciotta: 11:47am On Jul 06, 2022
Macphenson:
Honestly speaking you can help but give it to Peter Obi when it comes to governance and administration.

Wetin he talk?

Bros mention one thing that he said that you can hold on to from this interview as per the issues and his solutions

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Arise TV Interview (Live Video) by Nobody: 11:48am On Jul 06, 2022
casualobserver:

you insulted me because I said peter obi never gives a straight answer and now i am asking you to tell me what his responses were to 4 things 3 of which are simple yes or no answers and you too are waffling. is it only subsidy they asked him. you too are behaving like Obi. what did he say about state police and restructuring....these are simple yes or no questions.

I hope at least in your private moments even if you dont admit it publicly that there are real concerns with Peter Obi and what he says... he is too vague.

yes or no are you removing subsidy, are you introducing state police, are you restructuring, these things dont require story. Tinubu has already stated he will introduce state police, he has stated he will restructure and I am sure he will remove subsidy because the truth is no Nigerian aspiring for office can acheive anything if we do not remove subsidy. Subsidy in 2023 for example is more than our entire budget for education health and roads combined. Our subsidy in 2023 will build lagos to Ibadan rail 5 times, These are not issues on which a presidential candidate can be vague.

pepter Obi claims he wants to invest in the people, you cannot invest in the people without health and education, where will he get the money, in 8 years he didnt raise the IGR of Anambra, is it this same person that will raise the IGR of Nigeria? so if he has no track record of generating revenue, the only other option is to look at areas of waste, therefore subsidy is a key area especially as I said we spend More money on subsidy than we spend on Education, health, roads combined!!!

you said in 8 years he didn't raise the IGR of Anambra. Please bring the data on Anambra IGR from 1999 till 2014 when he left let us check the percentage increment. Oga don't let your hatred cloud your judgement.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply)

Thousands Of Hostages Rescued As Soldiers Kill Boko Haram Fighters In Borno.PICS / Things Will Be Harder Than Before, President Buhari Warns Govs, Leaders / Osun Election: PDP Supporters Blame Omisore For Giving APC Advantage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 131
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.