Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,553 members, 7,816,339 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:48 AM

Peter Obi Arise TV Interview (Live Video) - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi Arise TV Interview (Live Video) (39974 Views)

CDD West Africa Fact Checks Peter Obi's Arise TV Interview. / Peter Obi And Datti Baba-Ahmed ChannelsTV Interview (Live) / Kunle Olawunmi Wanted By Defence Intelligence Agency Over Channels TV Interview (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peter Obi Arise TV Interview (Live Video) by Macphenson: 11:05am On Jul 06, 2022
kayperry:

May your Life be like he left Anambra,

incase you want to reply ... i support Tinibu

Yes qhole heartedly I say Amen. May my life and resources be managed the way he managed Anambra.

And may ur life be managed the way Tinubu has managed Lagos, May ur life be filled with fraud as Tinubu is.

May ur life be lorded over by A godfather as Tinubu is.

May ur.life be disgraced like Ambode even when u are doing ur best, as Tinubu did.
May ur life vital informatikn and achievements gets lost as Tinubu is fraudlently claiming.

7 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Arise TV Interview (Live Video) by Ventura1: 11:05am On Jul 06, 2022
Obi isn't radical enough to carry out some of the things he promised. Some of it will entail stepping on the political elites foots, majority of whom are his friends, who knows his inner secret as well.

With the anticipated low representation in NASS, radical approach will be needed to push through most of this programs.

Reasons a Sowore is needed to push the new ideology.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Arise TV Interview (Live Video) by splashbaby(m): 11:06am On Jul 06, 2022
agabaI23:
Your effort to make Obi an ethnic candidate has failed. They didn't tell you?
It's what it is! We know all the hiding behind Obi for the sake of Biafra and not for the love of your zoo.

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Arise TV Interview (Live Video) by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 11:06am On Jul 06, 2022
Parachoko:
Fact nah Fact

You can't list out his legacies in Anambra because he has known.

What he can't do in Anambra, nah wetin you feel say e fit do for Nigeria? Well, we are less than 7 month away to the general election.
Only tinubu urchins don't know his legacies in Anambra

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Arise TV Interview (Live Video) by Way4orward: 11:06am On Jul 06, 2022
Incoming President

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Arise TV Interview (Live Video) by FamTomx2(m): 11:08am On Jul 06, 2022
Emu4life:
Lol.
Bros, no dey follow them make noise. 3rd Position, e no go see come 2023

You should be more concerned about Tinubu who is hospitalized in France for a leaky anus alignment.gringrin

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Arise TV Interview (Live Video) by KingOfTheDamned: 11:08am On Jul 06, 2022
agabaI23:
He can speak his native language. We can get an interpreter.

That's true actually, good point bro

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Arise TV Interview (Live Video) by Acidosis(m): 11:08am On Jul 06, 2022
Sound interview. One thing is certain, PO is in a better position to deliver on his promises.

The criminals in APC and PDP would be too involved with looting and stealing of critical resources.

Nobody in APC today will prioritize development more than looting. That's the difference between Obi and the other candidates. Their only "sellable" candidate, Buhari, turned out of be a perpetual failure.

4 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Arise TV Interview (Live Video) by casualobserver: 11:08am On Jul 06, 2022
obynzo:

Look let us be reasonable here. Fuel subsidy in Nigeria is a sensitive issue, the problem of Nigeria as PO highlighted is not that subsidy is bad, but there is an inherent corruption in the process there are no checks and balances. Like PO pointed out subsidy removal is gradual but first there has to be sanity in the process. It is shameful that Nigeria doesn't even know it daily consumption of petrol and that alone creates corruption.

you insulted me because I said peter obi never gives a straight answer and now i am asking you to tell me what his responses were to 4 things 3 of which are simple yes or no answers and you too are waffling. is it only subsidy they asked him. you too are behaving like Obi. what did he say about state police and restructuring....these are simple yes or no questions.

I hope at least in your private moments even if you dont admit it publicly that there are real concerns with Peter Obi and what he says... he is too vague.

yes or no are you removing subsidy, are you introducing state police, are you restructuring, these things dont require story. Tinubu has already stated he will introduce state police, he and Atiku have stated they will restructure and I am sure he will remove subsidy because the truth is no Nigerian aspiring for office can acheive anything if we do not remove subsidy. Subsidy in 2023 for example is more than our entire budget for education health and roads combined. Our subsidy in 2023 will build lagos to Ibadan rail 5 times, These are not issues on which a presidential candidate can be vague.

pepter Obi claims he wants to invest in the people, you cannot invest in the people without health and education, where will he get the money, in 8 years he didnt raise the IGR of Anambra, is it this same person that will raise the IGR of Nigeria? so if he has no track record of generating revenue, the only other option is to look at areas of waste, therefore subsidy is a key area especially as I said we spend More money on subsidy than we spend on Education, health, roads combined!!!

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Arise TV Interview (Live Video) by ottersberger(m): 11:10am On Jul 06, 2022
4teenblaq:

I am PO supporter. Honestly, I am not watching the program/interview. I was just replying based on some comments here.

From the answer you gave, the his answer is still conditional.

@ 4teenblaq

First off, you are not a Peter Obi supporter. You are another impostor masquerading to cast doubts on a competing candidate.

That said, this subsidy is a very difficult issue, as I'm sure anyone will agree. In fact, it is a banana peel for any future Nigerian president, but it has to go. Nigeria cannot afford to continue subsidizing luxury and penalize and impoverish ordinary citizens. The administration is also fraught with massive irregularities.

The trucks used to convey the people, goods and produce from point A to B uses diesel, the cooking oven mama Emeka uses when she cooks dinner runs kerosene. These 2 fuels are not subsidized but luxury vehicles, some of which affluent Nigerians have fleets of, gulps the money mama Emeka and the rest of those who travel on Trucks and buses pay at the pumps. That is not how a society should function.

Generators burn up hundreds of billions of Naira yearly in our struggle with darkness and the need to power production. The petrol used by over 95 percent of these machines is subsidized by those who have no money to purchase a power generator.

Subsidizing imported petrol in Nigeria encourages smuggling to Cameroun, Benin, Togo, and even as far away as Ghana. This contributes to the rapid depletion of our foreign exchange reserves.

A responsible government such as we are now clamoring for in Peter Obi will immediately move to solve our grid electricity problem, saving the country the money yearly wasted fueling generators with its attendant health risks resultant from noise and air pollution.

Our economy is comatose, so drastic measures are required to start and sustain a recovery process for Nigeria's viability as a country. This is what Peter Obi is saying.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Arise TV Interview (Live Video) by Glycosunde: 11:11am On Jul 06, 2022
grin grin grin grin Kikikiki, Peter Obi nor go kill me ooo. cheesy cheesy Him say Galaldima wan make people wey suppose dey reserve bench(in this case Kwankwasoo) to start match when the real ballers like him to go bench. Baba give them uppercut without no bias.

Meanwhile: My household, friends and I are all OBIdients

VOTE MASSIVELY FOR PETER OBI. ASO ROCK 2023 is POssible

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Arise TV Interview (Live Video) by irynterri(f): 11:12am On Jul 06, 2022
casualobserver:

My friend I am on unlimited fiber internet @ 25mbps, I don’t use recharge card to pay for data at N100 per mb unlike your type.

You tell me did Peter Obi answer the questions he was asked directly? He didn’t.

Are you going to introduce state police, are you going to restructure what happened to the LG funds. Watch again, He did not give a direct answer to all 3 questions!!!!!!

There's no one on earth that can answer all questions with yes or no, some questions ought to be left unanswered till you find yourself in that scenario, then you use the best option.

about the LG funds - I am from Imo but my village share boundaries with Anarmbra, LG was just a way to steal gov funds on a normal basis. Obi didn't conduct LG elections, rather he formed some sort of committee because he believed it was a waste of revenue. if your village doesn't have a tarred road or transformer, you go there and report, they will confirm you need a road, contractors will bid ,the LG funds will then be used to build the roads that was how almost all the villages in Anarmbra got good roads and transformers till this day. And he never owed any contractor, all were fully paid. Back then, we used to go through Anarmbra to my village because the roads were tarred with LG funds, once you feel any gallop, know you have entered Imo, that was why He laughed and said it was his enemies that took him to court that raided the issue, because his LG committee performed far higher than any LG chairman till this day.

Why he didn't answer others, maybe time, maybe to avoid promise and failing, there are some decisions you can't take till you find yourself in the seat of power. It is always easy to say I will do this or that. Maybe that's why he avoided those questions.

About State police - he said State government should take charge of the security in his state. What does that mean? If the Nigerian police is good, you use them. If not, you try to change their commissioner, if all attempts don't work and you believe a state one is better you use it. That's why such questions can't be yes or no, they are based on circumstances.
Mind you, every Governor in Nigeria earns millions monthly for security votes, while are you earning so much security votes and you can't bring out a solution to secure your people.

Same as restructuring, if Nigeria is working, why do you need to restructure, if Nigeria is not working but restructuring will be better, then you restructure. These are circumstantial questions. You can't give a definite yes or no.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Arise TV Interview (Live Video) by Nobody: 11:12am On Jul 06, 2022
GloriousGbola:

there is no fuel subsidy per se

the government removed the subsidy in 2016, when oil prices dropped so low that

however, the moment oil prices rise, price of pms rises again, so NNPC pays the shortfall via 'under recovery'

only nnpc is officially bring in product

we are in a hard place. low price of oil, low income, low price of pms, 0 subsidy
high price of oil, good income, high price of pms, increased prices, increased cost to NNPC

and no, nigerians are not ready to pay current us prices of $5 per gallon/3.7 litres - which comes to N791.5 /litre

i cannot begin to imagine how fked we would all be

The underrecovery is what is also called the subsidy.

Better not believe government euphemisims.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Arise TV Interview (Live Video) by Nobody: 11:13am On Jul 06, 2022
splashbaby:
Oloriburuku, the thing pain am, stop quoting if you don't have any sensible thing to say.
the way this country dey u like am? Thunda fire ur blockos there.
Re: Peter Obi Arise TV Interview (Live Video) by Chidex50(m): 11:14am On Jul 06, 2022
donphilopus:
Lies as usual. How does he expect sensible Nigerians to believe whatever he says in the interview? Same man who claimed he invested 20m dollar and today it's about 100m dollar only to blame "one youth" after Soludo debunked his lies! He lies effortlessly.
Be deceiving yourself. Only looking for an avenue to dent a man as OBI. YOUR LIKES CAME LATE. THE SUPPORT AND LOVE IS MASSIVE

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Arise TV Interview (Live Video) by casualobserver: 11:14am On Jul 06, 2022
irynterri:

There's no one on earth that can answer all questions with yes or no, some questions ought to be left unanswered till you find yourself in that scenario, then you use the best option.

about the LG funds - I am from Imo but my village share boundaries with Anarmbra, LG was just a way to steal gov funds on a normal basis. Obi didn't conduct LG elections, rather he formed some sort of committee because he believed it was a waste of revenue. if your village doesn't have a tarred road or transformer, you go there and report, they will confirm you need a road, contractors will bid ,the LG funds will then be used to build the roads that was how almost all the villages in Anarmbra got good roads and transformers till this day. And he never owed any contractor, all were fully paid. Back then, we used to go through Anarmbra to my village because the roads were tarred with LG funds, once you feel any gallop, know you have entered Imo, that was why He laughed and said it was his enemies that took him to court that raided the issue, because his LG committee performed far higher than any LG chairman till this day.

Why he didn't answer others, maybe time, maybe to avoid promise and failing, there are some decisions you can't take till you find yourself in the seat of power. It is always easy to say I will do this or that. Maybe that's why he avoided those questions.

About State police - he said State government should take charge of the security in his state. What does that mean? If the Nigerian police is good, you use them. If not, you try to change their commissioner, if all attempts don't work and you believe a state one is better you use it. That's why such questions can't be yes or no, they are based on circumstances.
Mind you, every Governor in Nigeria earns millions monthly for security votes, while are you earning so much security votes and you can't bring out a solution to secure your people.

Same as restructuring, if Nigeria is working, why do you need to restructure, if Nigeria is not working but restructuring will be better, then you restructure. These are circumstantial questions. You can't give a definite yes or no.

So basically you now admit I was right he never answered the questions?

BTW tinubu has stated clearly he will introduce state police, he and Atiku have both stated they will restructure Nigeria. So stop this bullshit of no one can state clearly. the man who cannot state clealry is the man who has no plan!!!

The reason we are where we are today is that People did not ask the right questions and put Buhari and his antecedents up to scrutiny in 2015. I am old enough to have been around when he was head of state in 1984, he was a monumental failure then and i said it in 2015. But people were so despearte for change they didnt examine the man and his record properly. the same thing is happening now, ibos and naive youth are so desperate for SE presidency and change respectively they are not seeing through the BS in peter Obi. The good thing as a Nigerian is that he has no hope in hell of winning.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Arise TV Interview (Live Video) by GloriousGbola: 11:16am On Jul 06, 2022
Subsidywise20:

The underrecovery is what is also called the subsidy.

Better not believe government euphemisims.

The government was paying major marketers to bring in product. Major marketers would bring in product at market price, sell at subsidy rate and govt woukd pay then the difference.

Now the government is the sole importer of product.
Re: Peter Obi Arise TV Interview (Live Video) by Nakedtruths: 11:16am On Jul 06, 2022
donphilopus:
Lies as usual. How does he expect sensible Nigerians to believe whatever he says in the interview? Same man who claimed he invested 20m dollar and today it's about 100m dollar only to blame "one youth" after Soludo debunked his lies! He lies effortlessly.
Are you a sensible Nigerian? I don't think so

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Arise TV Interview (Live Video) by Thegoodone13(m): 11:17am On Jul 06, 2022
aviona:
Yusuf Datti Baba-Ahmed from my observation could be a nice running mate for the Labour Party's candidate.
This is just a simple suggestion to the party, to help all of us Nigerians make our beloved country better.
. From which state?
Re: Peter Obi Arise TV Interview (Live Video) by Grandmeister(m): 11:18am On Jul 06, 2022
casualobserver:

My friend I am on unlimited fiber internet @ 25mbps, I don’t use recharge card to pay for data at N100 per mb unlike your type.

You tell me did Peter Obi answer the questions he was asked directly? He didn’t.

Are you going to introduce state police, are you going to restructure what happened to the LG funds. Watch again, He did not give a direct answer to all 3 questions!!!!!!
You lie! He specifically said that the state should be in charge of security. That he himself removed the police commissioner during Obasanjo's tenure. He asked ehindero to remove the then police officer because of poor performance. He also said why shouldn't the governor in a state like kaduna be held responsible for the security in his state. He further went on to say that we have about 320,000 police officers, that it should be doubled. That Egypt with half our population has over a million officers. And that over 70,000 of our officers are attached to individuals..again I say you LIED!
Re: Peter Obi Arise TV Interview (Live Video) by Holluwhakemmy(f): 11:18am On Jul 06, 2022
Obedience
Re: Peter Obi Arise TV Interview (Live Video) by Perfectbeing(m): 11:19am On Jul 06, 2022
Adexchelsea19:
He has always been like that… lol

Interviewer: why didn’t you hold local government election
Obi: we put money into good use, we use it to pay pensions

Se this one get sense abeg?
I just tire for the guy.

Even Tinubu that had his LG allocation seized by OBJ, did all these and never owed a dime. Doctors were never on strike for a second and LASU didn't go on strike.
From these alone, he's far better than PO.

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Arise TV Interview (Live Video) by Nobody: 11:19am On Jul 06, 2022
obynzo:

Look let us be reasonable here. Fuel subsidy in Nigeria is a sensitive issue, the problem of Nigeria as PO highlighted is not that subsidy is bad, but there is an inherent corruption in the process there are no checks and balances. Like PO pointed out subsidy removal is gradual but first there has to be sanity in the process. It is shameful that Nigeria doesn't even know it daily consumption of petrol and that alone creates corruption.

The corruption in the system is fuelled by the subsidy.

When you force fuel to be sold below what it costs to produce it, and the subsidy payments don't adequately cover the resulting loss, businessmen are going to still try to make their profits at all costs...and they would do that by making fake subsidy claims and smuggling fuel out to countries where it costs over N300.

Once subsidy is gone, everyone will sell the fuel they bring in. Nothing like subsidy claims , NNPC would be forced to work for its money, nothing like stealing or corruption again.

That is why subsidy has to go now. Or Obi will end up like Buhari, promising subsidy removal, but doing it partially or not at all, while subsidy costs rise year by year.

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Arise TV Interview (Live Video) by Sunnyja: 11:19am On Jul 06, 2022
Emu4life:
This guy is just an Orator. A 3rd Class graduate of Philosophy is not fit to rule this Nation. We cant afford another Dullard in Power.

NOTE: Mention is open to both DOGS and BABOONS
But you voted for a NEPA bill holder in 2015!

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Arise TV Interview (Live Video) by lordswill03: 11:19am On Jul 06, 2022
Can't just get enough of listening to this guy. His speech gives hope to the hopeless
Re: Peter Obi Arise TV Interview (Live Video) by irynterri(f): 11:20am On Jul 06, 2022
casualobserver:

BTW tinubu has stated clearly he will introduce state police, he will restructure Nigeria. So stop this bullshit of no one can state clearly. the man who cannot state clealry is the man who has no plan!!!
he did answer the questions, not with yes or no, concerning Tinubu, Buhari made more fantabulous promises, here we are after 7yrs. Anyone can promise anything to sway votes. It takes high integrity not to make a promise you can't keep. However, I don't expect you to like or vote for him. All power and authority belongs to God, it is only he who God gives power that will in Aso rock, 2023.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Arise TV Interview (Live Video) by Hallabee1(m): 11:20am On Jul 06, 2022
Emu4life:
This guy is just an Orator. A 3rd Class graduate of Philosophy is not fit to rule this Nation. We cant afford another Dullard in Power.

Aje...u need slap

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Arise TV Interview (Live Video) by Nobody: 11:21am On Jul 06, 2022
GloriousGbola:

The government was paying major marketers to bring in product. Major marketers would bring in product at market price, sell at subsidy rate and govt woukd pay then the difference.

Now the government is the sole importer of product.

And because of that, NNPC can no longer remit money to the government, because all its spare money is going into paying for the underrecovery re subsidy.

Plus smuggling of fuel to other African countries for cheap profits is a big thing. When fuel costs N300 and above in other West African and Central African countries....and 165 here. Abi someone go smuggle.

Plus the thing promotes corruption.

Remove suibsidy, and the whole nonsense will end.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Arise TV Interview (Live Video) by VirileNelly2420: 11:22am On Jul 06, 2022
Emu4life:

And what's d honorary degree of d incumbent?

Even d so-called Gudlock Jonathan, heard he studied zoology.
Re: Peter Obi Arise TV Interview (Live Video) by ottersberger(m): 11:24am On Jul 06, 2022
casualobserver:

you insulted me because I said peter obi never gives a straight answer and now i am asking you to tell me what his responses were to 4 things 3 of which are simple yes or no answers and you too are waffling. is it only subsidy they asked him. you too are behaving like Obi. what did he say about state police and restructuring....these are simple yes or no questions.

I hope at least in your private moments even if you dont admit it publicly that there are real concerns with Peter Obi and what he says... he is too vague.

yes or no are you removing subsidy, are you introducing state police, are you restructuring, these things dont require story. Tinubu has already stated he will introduce state police, he has stated he will restructure and I am sure he will remove subsidy because the truth is no Nigerian aspiring for office can acheive anything if we do not remove subsidy. Subsidy in 2023 for example is more than our entire budget for education health and roads combined. Our subsidy in 2023 will build lagos to Ibadan rail 5 times, These are not issues on which a presidential candidate can be vague.

Why is it trite for you people to habitually become economic with the truth?. Did you watch the interview you are quoting from?.

Peter Obi was upfront and decisive in the answers he gave to questions asked him.

He said he will start restructuring with the state police. Peter Obi clearly stated that every governor should be in charge of their state's police formation. What is that?.

He said he will remove the petrol subsidy, and also went further to explain that there is a need to balance somewhere else to equalize the expected short-term negative financial effect on the people.

Tinubu can say whatever he wants. Nigerians have seen what he has done and what he continues to do. Let Tinubu submit himself to the Arise TV team to be interviewed if he is to be considered a serious and worthy presidential candidate.
Re: Peter Obi Arise TV Interview (Live Video) by jrusky(m): 11:24am On Jul 06, 2022
I don't give a Bleep. To hell with any useless interview.
Re: Peter Obi Arise TV Interview (Live Video) by Nwantaoma: 11:25am On Jul 06, 2022
casualobserver:

BTW tinubu has stated clearly he will introduce state police, he will restructure Nigeria. So stop this bullshit of no one can state clearly. the man who cannot state clealry is the man who has no plan!!!

The reason we are where we are today is that People did not ask the right questions and put Buhari and his antecedents up to scrutiny in 2015. I am old enough to have been around when he was head of state in 1984, he was a monumental failure then and i said it in 2015. But people were so despearte for change they didnt examine the man and his record properly. the same thing is happening now, ibos and naive youth are so desperate for change they are not seeing through the BS in peter Obi. The good thing as a Nigerian is that he has no hope in hell of winning.
I guess buhari said something Abt making spaghetti #40 2day it's 400..I guess tinubu change is worth trusting.sleep dude

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply)

Top APC Politicians, Thousands of Supporters Join PDP (Pictures) / Fayose Responds To Second Impeachment Question / Resignation: Buhari Told Kemi Adeosun To Go ‘Few Weeks Ago’ - Sahara Reporters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.