Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,102 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:49 AM

Peter Obi Arise TV Interview (Live Video) - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi Arise TV Interview (Live Video) (39965 Views)

CDD West Africa Fact Checks Peter Obi's Arise TV Interview. / Peter Obi And Datti Baba-Ahmed ChannelsTV Interview (Live) / Kunle Olawunmi Wanted By Defence Intelligence Agency Over Channels TV Interview (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peter Obi Arise TV Interview (Live Video) by mandarin: 10:44am On Jul 06, 2022
Peter Obi has been able just like many Nigerians highlighted myriads of problem Nigeria has. He could however not come up with workable solution. For instance, he was asked why Siemen worked in Egypt but not in Nigeria. His response was simply that we are not serious. That was not a serious response from someone who wished to display intellectual acumen. It may seem that he simply did not know the snag in the system and dancing around the problem to paint himself good.
He has not given a convincing response to the issue of subsidy removal. He simply pointed to health and education as alternatives he would spend the subsidy money, he was not able to say how he would alleviate attendant rise in cost of living that could come with subsidy removal.

AT the onset of the interview, he accepted that he went to Egypt and Morocco to learn how they are doing stuffs that work, at least he owned up he is still learning. I feel he really need to also learn the complexity of managing a complex Nigeria cannot be wished away on the platter of oratory.

He could not state if he would restructure Nigeria until he becomes the president, he would not speak to creation of state police. He has no idea of exactly what he would do to solve the problem at the port even though he recognized the problems to be human. I don't see him surviving a deeply probing interview. He seemed to be unease with attack around his son for whatever reason and he should just be prepared for more because that's politics. He needs to dig deeper to focus his mind on solutions and how he will get there
Good luck to him.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Arise TV Interview (Live Video) by KingOfTheDamned: 10:45am On Jul 06, 2022
donphilopus:

Next time you troll responsibly.

Grow up will you?
Re: Peter Obi Arise TV Interview (Live Video) by Tareq1105: 10:45am On Jul 06, 2022
Adexchelsea19:
He has always been like that… lol

Interviewer: why didn’t you hold local government election
Obi: we put money into good use, we use it to pay pensions

Se this one get sense abeg?

He never conducted local councils election throughout his 8 yrs. For this alone, he should go to jail bcoz he tampered with local councils allocations.

I've always said it that Obi will soon crash. Just wait until the TV debate commence. Tinubu will defeat him hands down. That's when you Obi supporters would realize how empty and clueless your Obi is.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Arise TV Interview (Live Video) by collinx(m): 10:45am On Jul 06, 2022
Emu4life:
Lol.
Bros, no dey follow them make noise. 3rd Position, e no go see come 2023

..And you will continue to enjoy your failed nigerian economy until hardship and bandits reset your brain, if you are lucky to still draw breath.
Re: Peter Obi Arise TV Interview (Live Video) by Move2(m): 10:46am On Jul 06, 2022
Xbobtage:

Police units in Egypt is about a Million, Here is the link to their actual wikipedia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Egyptian_National_Police#:~:text=Egyptian%20National%20Police%20or%20ENP,Egyptian%20Police%20logo

And from your link, following the needed amount of 300 police officers per 100K persons, you can see how far lagging behind we are. We are below half the recommended minimum.

The police say they have around 450,000 in the force, but some activists estimate there are over 1 million on the payroll.

Thousands of largely poor Egyptians fulfill their mandatory military service in the Interior Ministry, often as riot police on the frontlines at demonstrations.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-egypt-police-insight-idUSBRE92J0NI20130320

He specifically mentioned other African countries. Which are they?

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Arise TV Interview (Live Video) by BePrepared: 10:49am On Jul 06, 2022
Emu4life:
This guy is just an Orator. A 3rd Class graduate of Philosophy is not fit to rule this Nation. We cant afford another Dullard in Power.

NOTE: Mention is open to both DOGS and BABOONS

Sorry...

I can't help you again
Re: Peter Obi Arise TV Interview (Live Video) by gentlegenius(m): 10:49am On Jul 06, 2022
KEVIND:
Peter Obi Sent killed over 1000 of Massob Agitators that campaign for him to become the governor of Anambra state. I WILL NEVER SUPPORT PETER OBI.
- Ralph Uwazuruike.
Meaning... Obi is not Biafra candidate again?
Why una dey talk go forward, talk go backward all in an attempt to discredit one man?
Dem swear for una make una no dey get tired of suffering?

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Arise TV Interview (Live Video) by Perfectbeing(m): 10:50am On Jul 06, 2022
Subsidywise20:

So, do you support fuel subsdiy removal ? Yes or no.

(My answer is, yes, and immediately)
My answer is a resounding yes. And that would have been PO's answer. Which one come be yes and no?
That's a sign of indecisiveness.

And most times, indecision is worse than no decision.

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Arise TV Interview (Live Video) by agabaI23(m): 10:50am On Jul 06, 2022
Seun:
Peter Obi believes that Nigeria is under-policed. That other African countries which are smaller than Nigeria have up to 1 million officers. I absolutely agree.
But where will the money to fund them come from? The current officers are poorly paid despite being too few in number.
If you put the right thing in place, from consumption to Production, there will be funding
Re: Peter Obi Arise TV Interview (Live Video) by Salihuabre: 10:51am On Jul 06, 2022
bayan rasa rayuka da dama da kuma taimakon da dama bayan rasa rayuka da kuma taimakon da dama daga cikinsu sun samu nasara sai dai sun zama hamshakan attajirai da biliyoyin kudi a cikin dare yanzu kowa ya bude ma kowa a nan Mahuta .kebbi state da harabar sokoto cewa yan uwanmu basa nan a wajenmu a lokacin. Tattalin arziki suna nan ne kawai don aljihunsu sakamakon zai iya girgiza duka .abin takaici ne cewa ko da mutanen da nake nema suna kokawa fiye da yadda nake yi a yanzu. Ko da abin da ake kira 20,000 10,000, murfin soja ba zai kai ba. kamar yadda ya saba koda Devin ya rige shi. sun ci nasara sai kawai su zama miloniya da biliyoyin kudi dare daya yanzu kowa ya budewa kowa a nan mahuta .kebbi state da harabar sokoto cewa yan uwanmu basa nan a wurinmu idan ana maganar tattalin arziki suna nan sai aljihunsu sakamakon zai iya girgiza kowa . abin takaici ne cewa hatta mutanen da nake nema suna kokawa fiye da yadda nake yi a yanzu, ko da wanda ake kira 20,000 10,000, murfin soja ba zai kai kamar yadda aka saba ba ko da Iblis ya yi magudi.
Re: Peter Obi Arise TV Interview (Live Video) by stanluiz(m): 10:51am On Jul 06, 2022
When will arise TV and other TV stations invite Tinubu and Atiku for interview ? Are they afraid of them ?

Biased and partisan Nigeria TV stations.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Arise TV Interview (Live Video) by agabaI23(m): 10:52am On Jul 06, 2022
splashbaby:
You visited London for business and you lied is about Nigeria…Obituary is a Biafra movement, don’t fall for their lies. Igbos are far too ethnocentric conscious to be trusted with the Nigeria project. Remember they fought a civil war because of Biafra and they have not changed since then. If they fail in this movement, they will quickly return back to Biafra their first love…they are too treacherous to trust them with Nigeria.

Some bastard and muroons will still quote me even though this is the bitter truth.
Your effort to make Obi an ethnic candidate has failed. They didn't tell you?

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Arise TV Interview (Live Video) by Oziens: 10:52am On Jul 06, 2022
Emu4life:
This guy is just an Orator. A 3rd Class graduate of Philosophy is not fit to rule this Nation. We cant afford another Dullard in Power.

NOTE: Mention is open to both DOGS and BABOONS
It takes dog & baboon to know themselves
Re: Peter Obi Arise TV Interview (Live Video) by agabaI23(m): 10:52am On Jul 06, 2022
stanluiz:
When will arise TV and other TV stations invite Tinubu and Atiku for interview ? Are they afraid of them ?

Biased and partisan Nigeria TV stations.
Or may be they are afraid to come

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Arise TV Interview (Live Video) by 4teenblaq: 10:55am On Jul 06, 2022
Tareq1105:

He never conducted local councils election throughout his 8 yrs. For this alone, he should go to jail bcoz he tampered with local councils allocations.

I've always said it that Obi will soon crash. Just wait until the TV debate commence. Tinubu will defeat him hands down. That's when you Obi supporters would realize how empty and clueless your Obi is.

Go and check he conducted LGA election in 2014.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Arise TV Interview (Live Video) by casualobserver: 10:55am On Jul 06, 2022
casualobserver:

he didnt answer any of the question as usual. if I am lying please tell us maybe we didnt hear well and since the second person I quoted has a bigger brain than mine maybe he/she too can also help

1. whay didnt he conduct local government elections?

2. is he going to introduce state police? yes or no

3. is he going to restructure the country? yes or no

I am also reading comments from people talking about Fuel subsidy, i clearly missed that part of the interview but it seems in typical peter Obi style he refused to answer the question.

let me make it clear...An aspirant that cannot unequivocally state his position on fuel subsidy, state police and restructuring before an election will never be able to acheive any of those 3 things when he gets to power. stating clearly what you will do is what will give you the mandate to do it when you get to power. if you state you are going to remove subsidy, restructure or introduce state police before an election and win, then you have the people's mandate to do it. but if you havent you will not be able to execute it because it is the same people that will protest against it (esp subsidy) but they cant protest when you have told them before the election.

@obynzo and @Udemzy05

I am still waiting for you to answer. Shey it is easy for you to abuse us but we asked simple questions and you run away

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Arise TV Interview (Live Video) by ablejesus26(m): 10:56am On Jul 06, 2022
TolaniLuv:
I have no respect for some people! Especially Igbo’s who is supporting Obi. This same Obi has never visited Nnawmdi Kanu . He doesn’t believe in BiAfra. He’s against IPoB. This same people forgot Sowore who stood by Kanu and Biafra.

Igbo’s are selfish! This is why Peter can never win. He’s against Igbo’s freedom to Unite the Zoo and Biafra together

Onye Mbgu welldon oo your hand work is very visible grin
But you lie it can't work,it's on record that every sensible Igboman understands that ipob is just a big scam,a very useless and fruitless destructive fruad freedom struggle is what they have going on.
Prove me wrong by mentioning names of sons of Igboland who have something doing that has shown support for a very destructive, oppressive taliban wannabe group like ipob?
None,all the London scammer was able to brainwash are just thugs, cultist and criminals.
Obi would be a bastard to support such an anti Igbo ideology like ipob.
God bless Igboland.
I am ObiDient.
Re: Peter Obi Arise TV Interview (Live Video) by Parachoko: 10:56am On Jul 06, 2022
SensualMan:
After all the verification u still don't get it?
Forward we meuve!
Fact nah Fact

You can't list out his legacies in Anambra because he has known.

What he can't do in Anambra, nah wetin you feel say e fit do for Nigeria? Well, we are less than 7 month away to the general election.

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Arise TV Interview (Live Video) by Nobody: 10:58am On Jul 06, 2022
casualobserver:

@obynzo and @Udemzy05

I am still waiting for you to answer. Shey it is easy for you to abuse us but we asked simple questions and you run away

Look let us be reasonable here. Fuel subsidy in Nigeria is a sensitive issue, the problem of Nigeria as PO highlighted is not that subsidy is bad, but there is an inherent corruption in the process there are no checks and balances. Like PO pointed out subsidy removal is gradual but first there has to be sanity in the process. It is shameful that Nigeria doesn't even know it daily consumption of petrol and that alone creates corruption.
Re: Peter Obi Arise TV Interview (Live Video) by Donair(m): 10:58am On Jul 06, 2022
My President is speaking!!!
What a man?

Congratulations President elect. Mr Peter Obi
Re: Peter Obi Arise TV Interview (Live Video) by Nobody: 10:58am On Jul 06, 2022
splashbaby:
You visited London for business and you lied is about Nigeria…Obituary is a Biafra movement, don’t fall for their lies. Igbos are far too ethnocentric conscious to be trusted with the Nigeria project. Remember they fought a civil war because of Biafra and they have not changed since then. If they fail in this movement, they will quickly return back to Biafra their first love…they are too treacherous to trust them with Nigeria.

Some bastard and muroons will still quote me even though this is the bitter truth.
Mugu
Re: Peter Obi Arise TV Interview (Live Video) by Nobody: 10:59am On Jul 06, 2022
kayperry:

why not just say it, or is that too much for you

Oga stop being dense. Say it you yourself
Re: Peter Obi Arise TV Interview (Live Video) by poweredcom(m): 10:59am On Jul 06, 2022
Seun:
Peter Obi believes that Nigeria is under-policed. That other African countries which are smaller than Nigeria have up to 1 million officers. I absolutely agree.
But where will the money to fund them come from? The current officers are poorly paid despite being too few in number.

Nigeria is rich bro , to have 1 million police men and maintain them , curruption won't let us see road
Re: Peter Obi Arise TV Interview (Live Video) by Salihuabre: 11:00am On Jul 06, 2022
Perfectbeing:
My answer is a resounding yes. And that would have been PO's answer. Which one come be yes and no?
That's a sign of indecisiveness.

And most times, indecision is worse than no decision.
Kai it not business as usual.
you didn't hear yes I f ....
and
No .... IF?

this one is not a usual toy fa .haba how many years with 30,000 naira peanut money do you agents .

May the good works of buhari and all PDP good doing be upon you and like-minded . Amen
Re: Peter Obi Arise TV Interview (Live Video) by agabaI23(m): 11:01am On Jul 06, 2022
KingOfTheDamned:

Come up with a more sane rebuttal this isn't under the bridge bro. Some of us are graduates here mbok.

Speak decent English and criticize coherently

Thanks
He can speak his native language. We can get an interpreter.
Re: Peter Obi Arise TV Interview (Live Video) by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 11:02am On Jul 06, 2022
Parachoko:
Mr Man, I don't even understand you.

You said Politicians will answer the question like Peter Obi did, and I dey clear you say, Tinubu said he will remove subsidy on petrol.
On which news channel? Have tinubu ever granted an interview or he told you personally ?

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Arise TV Interview (Live Video) by Perfectbeing(m): 11:03am On Jul 06, 2022
Salihuabre:

Kai it not business as usual.
you didn't hear yes I f ....
and
No .... IF?

this one is not a usual toy fa .haba how many years with 30,000 naira peanut money do you agents .

May the good works of buhari and all PDP good doing be upon you and like-minded . Amen
If he's not ready to take the bull by the horn then he's not ready

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Arise TV Interview (Live Video) by Winning123: 11:03am On Jul 06, 2022
So Nigeria is now your beloved country. It is no longer a zoo

aviona:
Yusuf Datti Baba-Ahmed from my observation could be a nice running mate for the Labour Party's candidate.
This is just a simple suggestion to the party, to help all of us Nigerians make our beloved country better.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Arise TV Interview (Live Video) by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 11:04am On Jul 06, 2022
Tareq1105:

He failed to tell us countries in Africa that have over 1 million police officers. Liar Obi as usual. He enjoys reeling out unfounded statistics and figures.
Mayb you were deaf when he said Egypt
Re: Peter Obi Arise TV Interview (Live Video) by Nobody: 11:04am On Jul 06, 2022
Xbobtage:

It will defintely go under PO. It cannot be removed without another system in place to check the cost of transportation in Nigeria, and lets not forget most nigerian companies are using fuel or diesel to power their companies.

You are sounding like PO here...yes and no. Subsidy has to go, whether cost of transport or power cost. If I was government and you were a business selling books at N1000 per book, and I told you to sell at N30 instead to help the poor, how would you make a profit that would enable you to pay for restocking, transport costs, etc?

You have to remember that the current subsidy is fraudlent, the figures they are claiming is four or five times more than what the country needs. If that alone is checked, that would save tens of trillions of naira and then subsidy itself becomes reasonable. You can not be able to oversee this process without being the president yourself, this is what Okonjo Iweala was saying. its a gang up

And if subsidy goes, all the fradulence would end. Since there is no more free government money...people will bring in fuel and sell and make a profit without having to lie that they are bringing in 10 million when it is really 2 million.

I mean, no subsidy, so no one can make subsidy claims, and people will just simply bring in and sell what they really bring in. And since they are making a profit, no need to lie or to smuggle fuel out of the country.

PO is not coming to do magic, the nigerian public are more educated than they were years ago, so he cant be making promises that are unrealistic, PO coming in, is a step in the right direction to stop the bleeding from these arteries that has been cut. Then the healing and the emancipation begins.

Hope you watched the video to the end, his responses were realistic, and you can tell he is someone who knows the problem.

My problem with PO and Buhari and company on this subsidy issue is their lack of decisiveness. Subsidy has to go. No buts. It is fuelling the corruption in the system, it is causing inflation of fuel import figures, so that people can make fradulent claims, and it is losing us billions via smuggling to the whole west africa .

Subsidy has to go, and go now. No buts.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Arise TV Interview (Live Video) by splashbaby(m): 11:04am On Jul 06, 2022
Collinsaik:
Mugu
Oloriburuku, the thing pain am, stop quoting if you don't have any sensible thing to say.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Osun State Lost The Best Governor In Nigeria / How Intelligence Reports Foiled Saraki’s Near Escape From CCT Trial – Ripples / Pictures Of Northern Governors With Musa Kamarawa, Turji's Associate Raise Dust

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.