Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,863 members, 7,817,550 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:14 PM

Should I Quit My Pastoral Job To Be A Transporter? - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Should I Quit My Pastoral Job To Be A Transporter? (21236 Views)

Should I Quit My 120k Teaching Job In A Private School For Government Teaching J / Should I Quit My Job And Continue With Business / Should I Quit My Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Quit My Pastoral Job To Be A Transporter? by johnnychuks(m): 3:11pm On Jul 07, 2022
How do we intafair in this matter?
Re: Should I Quit My Pastoral Job To Be A Transporter? by Charly68: 3:12pm On Jul 07, 2022
God back to God to know if trully he calls you. .Am saying this because ,if trully God calls you you can't contemplate leaving his work for anything else.. even federal Govt job can't pay you what God will pay you. .It is Called high calling of God. .A man that God is funding is far better than the one man is funding .
- God can't call you and you will lack to the extent of contemplating resignation.. Go and fast and pray to seek the face of God .
- Phil 4:19 and Psalm 84:11-12 must be your reality
Re: Should I Quit My Pastoral Job To Be A Transporter? by sugarbeesmith(m): 3:12pm On Jul 07, 2022
RedChiefPriest:
You want to leave being fisher of men and change to being carrier of men?
But if my eyes no pain me,the church is paying 61k and you want to leave it for a job that pays 50k?
Anyways do anything your spirit goes with because it does not matter the advice, you will still follow your head.

Dj! Bring me 4 big tilapia with 4 keg of palmwine make I use reason this matter further.
Barman! Play me "this life sef" by Buhari and Beyonce.
you sure say you get calling ?
Re: Should I Quit My Pastoral Job To Be A Transporter? by Favmil101(m): 3:13pm On Jul 07, 2022
1vid:
I am currently working with a church that pays me 61k monthly.

I have a calling to start up my own ministry and I am there for learning.

So, I am thinking to quit to start a job job as a sienna driver in a company that pays 50k monthly, I just want to experience outside work and also raise money to start up my ministry. If you have gotten the necessary experience

So, I need some advice.
Re: Should I Quit My Pastoral Job To Be A Transporter? by obinoral1179(m): 3:13pm On Jul 07, 2022
1vid:

So, I am thinking to quit to start a job job as a sienna driver in a company that pays 50k monthly, I just want to experience outside work and also raise money to start up my ministry.

So, I need some advice.
First of all you don't need our advice. you need to take your case to the person that called you
the caller and the owner of the call Will provide what you need for your ministry
Re: Should I Quit My Pastoral Job To Be A Transporter? by Femabol01: 3:16pm On Jul 07, 2022
1vid:

So, I am thinking to quit to start a job job as a sienna driver in a company that pays 50k monthly, I just want to experience outside work and also raise money to start up my ministry.

So, I need some advice.
If it was God that called you; ask God.
Re: Should I Quit My Pastoral Job To Be A Transporter? by Megaideas(f): 3:18pm On Jul 07, 2022
NA WAA FOR YOU!

WHO CALLED YOU IN THE FIRST PLACE?

IS THERE ANYONE HERE THAT CALLED YOU?

I THINK IT'S BETTER YOU GO TO WHOEVER THAT CALLED YOU AND FIND OUT IF YOU SHOULD QUIT PASTORING AND ENTER INTO TRANSACTION OR NOT.
Re: Should I Quit My Pastoral Job To Be A Transporter? by Olololonwa: 3:19pm On Jul 07, 2022
Pastoring is not a job but a calling. You can earn a living and still be a pastor.
Re: Should I Quit My Pastoral Job To Be A Transporter? by Beetunez44(m): 3:22pm On Jul 07, 2022
1vid:

So, I need some advice.

This line of thought just raised waves of doubt in me. Are you sure you have a call to start a ministry?

I'm in doubt already. If you have truly heard God, you shouldn't nurse this doubt.

If you hear God, why does the opinion of man matters?

By the way, when did shepherding (pastoring) becomes a job?

What you really need now is a proper discipleship and an accurate understanding of the gospel.

You will never have any wrong considerations again
Re: Should I Quit My Pastoral Job To Be A Transporter? by Gentlesoul2021(m): 3:23pm On Jul 07, 2022
fikayormi:
You can’t do the two ?

Seems you prefer the transportation more than the pastoral .

Challenges full transportation industry ranging from Agbero to police extortion, bad roads etc and the pay is even low compare to where u r now

Anyway Do what’s good for you .

Lol. What about threat to life in case of accidents. I want to believe the Op just want to use us catch cruise with this thread because pastoring a church, u will be getting gifts from members of the church unless if otherwise. With his pastoral salary which surpasses the transportation work he’s eying, the best for him is to advice himself.
Re: Should I Quit My Pastoral Job To Be A Transporter? by Danniedpastor(m): 3:34pm On Jul 07, 2022
1vid:

So, I need some advice.

Please make it clear.
The church you are serving with pays you 61k.
You want to quit for a 50k job.
You have a calling to start an independent ministry. And you went to your current station to learn. Now you want to leave the church so that you can save money for your own ministry.

I'm a pastor but this you post is not clear. I can help you if I understand it. So, make it clear.

1 Like

Re: Should I Quit My Pastoral Job To Be A Transporter? by OblorOblor: 3:36pm On Jul 07, 2022
I don't get it, you want to leave a church where you are being paid 61k plus tutelage to become Daddy GO for a driving work that pays less? Check your phone again, it must be a missed 'call'.

1 Like

Re: Should I Quit My Pastoral Job To Be A Transporter? by Danniedpastor(m): 3:36pm On Jul 07, 2022
Spiff20:
I don't get it. You want to raise money and you're opting for 50k instead 61k. You're not even a true pastor talk more of having a calling to start your own ministry. One day you could leave the ministry to go and do oil company job of 250k with this mindset. You even saw a church paying you 61k and you're still thinking like this. You called yourself into this not God. This is funny even.

Bro, don't conclude that way. There is so much he's not telling us in this post. Let's hope he completes the story.
Re: Should I Quit My Pastoral Job To Be A Transporter? by Danniedpastor(m): 3:37pm On Jul 07, 2022
Nastydroid:
Hmmmn you claimed to be called but the holy spirit can’t direct you, abi na you call yourself due to sapa Anyway you can try out other business when you are done learning or better still mix the two. there are people who work in private organisations in the morning and do their pastoral ministries in the evening and weekends .

True, that's what I do
Re: Should I Quit My Pastoral Job To Be A Transporter? by frozen70(f): 3:37pm On Jul 07, 2022
1vid:

So, I need some advice.

You idea is good, but you are being paid 61k presently

Have you thought of how to cope with a transport business with a salary of 50k

What makes you think you are going to save more there
Re: Should I Quit My Pastoral Job To Be A Transporter? by ThatFairGuy1: 3:40pm On Jul 07, 2022
Chai!..
Pastoral job shocked

Raise money to start yours shocked

So it's business venture grin

1vid:

So, I need some advice.
Re: Should I Quit My Pastoral Job To Be A Transporter? by kevwemike: 3:41pm On Jul 07, 2022
1vid:

So, I need some advice.
bros no vex ooo God no call you b4

1 Like

Re: Should I Quit My Pastoral Job To Be A Transporter? by President2001(m): 3:41pm On Jul 07, 2022
1vid:

So, I need some advice.
If truly you have a call you need to verify it seriously through prayer
Coming to social media to ask such a question can give you solution
Re: Should I Quit My Pastoral Job To Be A Transporter? by Streetmovement(m): 3:44pm On Jul 07, 2022
Wotoporiously cool speaking

Op, you never see pastor wey dey drive Keke before? Tamahug the two as long as it's serves you well. cool
Re: Should I Quit My Pastoral Job To Be A Transporter? by grn20(m): 3:45pm On Jul 07, 2022
Oga u don't have any calling to start up your own ministry.
Just say u want to start up your own church..
U know is lucrative.
My own is if u know the one that works for u if u plan it in one year.
Go for it.
1vid:

So, I need some advice.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Quit My Pastoral Job To Be A Transporter? by seyimailbox: 3:49pm On Jul 07, 2022
Paul was a tent maker. Do both but don't collect salary any longer from the ministry.
Re: Should I Quit My Pastoral Job To Be A Transporter? by McStoic(m): 3:50pm On Jul 07, 2022
1vid:

So, I need some advice.

For someone who said God called him, that's if you are really sure of yourself, this may not be the best place to get the best advice. You can seek out a genuine man or woman of God who hears from God. You should go to them for directions. You can also wait upon God for some days. He will reveal some things to you
Re: Should I Quit My Pastoral Job To Be A Transporter? by peedeeasobie(m): 3:55pm On Jul 07, 2022
1vid:

So, I need some advice.

And you are seeking ministry advice from social media? Are you really sure you have a calling sir?

1 Like

Re: Should I Quit My Pastoral Job To Be A Transporter? by Spidermon: 4:03pm On Jul 07, 2022
....everyday i 'm hustling
Hustling...hustling...hustling...
Re: Should I Quit My Pastoral Job To Be A Transporter? by Nobody: 4:08pm On Jul 07, 2022
Wetin musa no go see for gate
Re: Should I Quit My Pastoral Job To Be A Transporter? by lasisi69(f): 4:13pm On Jul 07, 2022
DenreleDave:
.. God didn't call you, you called God grin grin grin grin

I wunt be surprised if you are part of those people that paid to learn speaking in tongues.

Iranu grin grin grin
cheesy cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Should I Quit My Pastoral Job To Be A Transporter? by helicoptarr: 4:13pm On Jul 07, 2022
Gal. 6⁷

Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.

True calling of God is never for public debate.

If He calls someone, He funds the process by His abundant riches in glory!

Go get a job, man!
Re: Should I Quit My Pastoral Job To Be A Transporter? by pek(m): 4:15pm On Jul 07, 2022
1vid:

So, I need some advice.
Who called you? A person called by God won't be writing this. Secondly, I think you are immature to go into ministry
Re: Should I Quit My Pastoral Job To Be A Transporter? by Nobody: 4:19pm On Jul 07, 2022
Yes...

Everybody is a priest
Re: Should I Quit My Pastoral Job To Be A Transporter? by dangervu(m): 4:42pm On Jul 07, 2022
Spiff20:
I don't get it. You want to raise money and you're opting for 50k instead 61k. You're not even a true pastor talk more of having a calling to start your own ministry. One day you could leave the ministry to go and do oil company job of 250k with this mindset. You even saw a church paying you 61k and you're still thinking like this. You called yourself into this not God. This is funny even.

Every body na business man for this scam country call Nigeria ! Na only Nigeria you go see youth of 32 to 40 taking pastoral job ! Wey suppose dey Hussle like 3 jobs
Re: Should I Quit My Pastoral Job To Be A Transporter? by Nobody: 4:53pm On Jul 07, 2022
1vid:

So, I need some advice.

Too much fruitless ministries and fake callings everywhere in that country. Nobody gave you a calling in a country where there are more than 4 churches in one street and one of the most immoral country on earth.

I can bet that God never gave you a any calling.

This is the new testament dispensation and all Christians have the same calling.

Oga, go for the transportation job. We need less "people with callings" in Nigeria.
Re: Should I Quit My Pastoral Job To Be A Transporter? by lekzytaker(m): 4:54pm On Jul 07, 2022
Golden057:
Me I am working in a church that's paying 5k monthly stipend according to them, I am looking for a better ministerial appointment. You are joking with yours of 61k?

Abeg, make you better sit back and watch God changing your life
He doesn't even know what God has done for him. I used to play in a church..they were giving me 2k perweek with insult seff..
If he is serious he can develop himself and become more spiritfield and impact lives.. some members of the church can be paying his rent ..even buy him car

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

4 Steps To Getting An Amazing Job As A Graduate With 3rd Class Or Pass Grade / 2021 UAC Foods Limited Management Trainee Programme: Application Update / Massive Graduate Recruitment At Workforce Group Limited

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.