Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,311 members, 7,811,922 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:46 PM

Kashim Shettima Confirmed As Tinubu’s Running Mate - Vanguard - Politics (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kashim Shettima Confirmed As Tinubu’s Running Mate - Vanguard (66682 Views)

Tinubu Confirms Kashim Shettima As His Running Mate / Labour Party To Unveil Baba-Ahmed As Obi’s Running Mate - Vanguard / Umar Ganduje Might Be Tinubu's Running Mate (Pix) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kashim Shettima Confirmed As Tinubu’s Running Mate - Vanguard by Lite2018: 3:48pm On Jul 10, 2022
another1:
Hmm
Tinubu get mind shall.
Let's see how it will go.
And now religion does not matter but competence. Same people crying for power should return to South.
Me and my entire Christian family will never never vote a Muslim Muslim ticket.

I swear
Re: Kashim Shettima Confirmed As Tinubu’s Running Mate - Vanguard by Truthisunique2: 3:48pm On Jul 10, 2022
LivingTribunal:

Because he married in all 36 states grin
no common ground to both religion
Re: Kashim Shettima Confirmed As Tinubu’s Running Mate - Vanguard by maasoap(m): 3:48pm On Jul 10, 2022
Allahisarapist:

Just tell me the difference between tinubu and Buhari.
You are repenting small small, but the likes of helinues and the vulture griller don't believe that buhari was a failure.
Do you know that your lord tinubu dosn't believe that buhari is a failure.
Someone that helped foster this type of failure to Nigerian.
Tell me you didn't vote for buhari in 2019

Do you believe that Peter Obi was a failure? This question should help you understand everything now
Re: Kashim Shettima Confirmed As Tinubu’s Running Mate - Vanguard by Ballack1(m): 3:49pm On Jul 10, 2022
Deep down APC don't really care about the mood of Christians in the country.
Under Buhari
President -Muslim
V.p- Christian
Senate president -Muslim
Speaker -Muslim
CJN -Muslim
National Chairman -Muslim

APC as a party is not fair to Christians at all

1 Like

Re: Kashim Shettima Confirmed As Tinubu’s Running Mate - Vanguard by Allahisarapist: 3:50pm On Jul 10, 2022
maasoap:

Do you believe that Peter Obi was a failure? This question should help you understand everything now
Name one thing that made him a failure and I will mention 20 things that made tinubu a failure.
Re: Kashim Shettima Confirmed As Tinubu’s Running Mate - Vanguard by ezeegolimited30(m): 3:50pm On Jul 10, 2022
Like church people will say,it is finished kpatakpata
Re: Kashim Shettima Confirmed As Tinubu’s Running Mate - Vanguard by ayotade09(m): 3:50pm On Jul 10, 2022
The only people that I think should be complaining are the traditionalist cos when are those guy giving the chance to do anything in Nigeria we will just be shouting Christian Muslim up and down even national holiday they don’t have and they are the oldest religion in Nigeria
Re: Kashim Shettima Confirmed As Tinubu’s Running Mate - Vanguard by Nobody: 3:50pm On Jul 10, 2022
Like I said before, BAT has no choice but to choose a Northern Muslim, because

1. Buhari's voting bloc won't support him otherwise.

2.He needs Northeastern votes to beat Atiku in his backyard.

3.He thinks that christians may vote for him...largely because he is a Southerner.

But this isn't 1993...when Abiola got away with choosing Kingibe. Then the NRC was viewed as a Northern party, even with Tofa choosing Ugoh as his running mate, the Labour unions backed SDP, and CAN too backed SDP....

Now the unions are in a deep divide. CAN is split up between LP and PDP, and a lot of blood has passed under the bridge, there is a lot of bitterness and anger towards Muslims from christians and vice versa (in 1993, it was there, but both sides wanted the Army out anyways, so the hatchet was buried temporarily...unitl the results showed that NRC was losing..then old hateds came up)plus a lot of christians have suffered economically and security wise under APC. I don't see Tinubu winning this election now.

Honestly, it is looking likely that Atiku would win, and then Obi would be second, and Tinubu a close third. Whehter it goes to a runoff is to be seen.
Re: Kashim Shettima Confirmed As Tinubu’s Running Mate - Vanguard by Zacks43: 3:51pm On Jul 10, 2022
seunmsg:

You can take it to the bank, APC is going to clear Borno, Yobe and Gombe massively. In fact, we should be looking at around 1.2million votes in Borno state alone. It will be massive.

Am from borno state but what you just typed here is totally trash. Leme tell you something if you don't know, kashim shettima as vice president is dead on arrival. Even the kanuri's here will go for Atiku..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kashim Shettima Confirmed As Tinubu’s Running Mate - Vanguard by maasoap(m): 3:51pm On Jul 10, 2022
Chinjo2:
This same Shetima who was responsible for kidnapping of Chibok girls just to smear the personality of Goodluck Jonathan.

But you guys said that Chibok girls kidnapping didn't take place . What caused the change in belief? And now, Shettima was responsible, lol

2 Likes

Re: Kashim Shettima Confirmed As Tinubu’s Running Mate - Vanguard by Iykolysis: 3:51pm On Jul 10, 2022
Sarsaproko:

Haba.. How can lagos votes be divided?

You guys are funny..

So those KKK states will go to Obi I guess.. Very funny..

because Lagos haa heavy Igbo population

1 Like

Re: Kashim Shettima Confirmed As Tinubu’s Running Mate - Vanguard by Truthisunique2: 3:51pm On Jul 10, 2022
ElSudani:

The problem with your analysis is that not all northerners will even consider religion when they vote.
They will be thinking of their lives and property. They will be thinking of how to end terrorism and poverty, etc.
you are a Yoruba Muslim, you are not them

If they consider their life and property they would be thinking how to vote against tinubu too who have promised to continue in buhari shoe, and is used to giving excuses like buhari on terrorists behalf

1 Like

Re: Kashim Shettima Confirmed As Tinubu’s Running Mate - Vanguard by Richardonald(m): 3:52pm On Jul 10, 2022
ArewaNorth:

Nobody will force you to vote for APC under multiparty democracy but you also need to take responsibility of the future consequences of advocating for a Christian candidature. I'm very much upbeat that no matter how hard you'll campaign for Obi he won't even come 2nd in the forth coming election. APC will definitely win next election!
Power, competence and money will pave way for APC in irrespective of the winning margin!
I don't like tinubu, but the LP coming up has dealt with Pdp more, Atiku would have win this election if obi was in pdp, joining LP just reduced Pdp chances

1 Like

Re: Kashim Shettima Confirmed As Tinubu’s Running Mate - Vanguard by Iykolysis: 3:52pm On Jul 10, 2022
Sarsaproko:

Haba.. How can lagos votes be divided?

You guys are funny..

So those KKK states will go to Obi I guess.. Very funny..

because Lagos has heavy Igbo population
Re: Kashim Shettima Confirmed As Tinubu’s Running Mate - Vanguard by Lite2018: 3:52pm On Jul 10, 2022
Bat has been finding competent complements for various religions in Lagos leadership for years... E reach presidency he is saying we must go beyond religion

Why didn't he go beyond tribe and choose a competent southerner as VP?? If when talking about tribe inclusiveness is key, what makes religion different??

1 Like

Re: Kashim Shettima Confirmed As Tinubu’s Running Mate - Vanguard by porka: 3:52pm On Jul 10, 2022
Does this now indicate that Yoruba Muslims are not Muslim enough?

Does this mean that Yoruba Muslims have to "audit" their religion with their association with northern Muslims?

1 Like

Re: Kashim Shettima Confirmed As Tinubu’s Running Mate - Vanguard by Nilon: 3:53pm On Jul 10, 2022
deltaprincess:

This is about capacity and competence my brother
you are a useless woman
Re: Kashim Shettima Confirmed As Tinubu’s Running Mate - Vanguard by maasoap(m): 3:53pm On Jul 10, 2022
God1000:
This is the biggest mistake of century

The mistake has been clearly avoided by APC grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Kashim Shettima Confirmed As Tinubu’s Running Mate - Vanguard by Nobody: 3:54pm On Jul 10, 2022
Truthisunique2:
Tinubu actually is campaigning for atiku

Atiku would be the common ground which every region would shift to las Las aside sw

Atiku himself knows Tinubu is not campaigning for him. Atiku and Tinubu have been together since 1992.

The North knows the IBOS hate the Yorubas and have always antagonized the Yorubas . The IBOs antagonized Abiola and Obj. Again, the North does not want power to come South and they know the IBO will not be acceptable to the North. Atiku and Northern power brokers know peter obi supporters are mainly IBOs and he cannot win. What the IBOS want is for Tinubu not to rule over them. They know IBOS are not after presidency but after an individual. This is very pathetic

2 Likes

Re: Kashim Shettima Confirmed As Tinubu’s Running Mate - Vanguard by Olamicwoto: 3:54pm On Jul 10, 2022
Good for him. D end shall tell
Re: Kashim Shettima Confirmed As Tinubu’s Running Mate - Vanguard by Kagd10: 3:55pm On Jul 10, 2022
People that Keep talking about this Muslim Muslim ticket. Which of the leader of the core North is a Christian? List them for Tinubu na

1 Like

Re: Kashim Shettima Confirmed As Tinubu’s Running Mate - Vanguard by tunapawizzy: 3:55pm On Jul 10, 2022
omokab:
Atiku has never gained momentum in the north before . He doesn't have majority in the north. Go and check the last election ,he got 11m and out of it 7m come from the south whike 4m came from the north.
The dynamics will be different, there won't be a Sai Buhari on the ballot
Re: Kashim Shettima Confirmed As Tinubu’s Running Mate - Vanguard by GeorgeNora: 3:55pm On Jul 10, 2022
PresidObi:
This news will greatly damage the chances of APC in the next elections.

I see multiple defections coming

Adieu APC.
if he's that man I'm seeing in the picture, then sentiments aside APC has lost it

2 Likes

Re: Kashim Shettima Confirmed As Tinubu’s Running Mate - Vanguard by VladimirPutiin(m): 3:56pm On Jul 10, 2022
olunavi:
Shut your crap,bigot!

Will northern Muslims allow a Christian/Christian ticket ??

1 Like

Re: Kashim Shettima Confirmed As Tinubu’s Running Mate - Vanguard by GeorgeNora: 3:56pm On Jul 10, 2022
seunmsg:
Congratulations to Senator Ibrahim Shettima. Looking at the level of loyalty and commitment he showed to Tinubu during the primary election, I’m not surprised at his nomination. He’s an excellent administrator and a loyal party man. He will make a good Vice President. With this, Tinubu’s presidency is a done deal.

With his nomination, APC should win Borno, Yobe and Gombe clearly. The party should also come second in Adamawa and with LP gaining momentum in Plateau and Taraba (two traditional PDP states), APC should win North East slightly over Atiku.

my Friend keep shut, no dey support nonsense

1 Like

Re: Kashim Shettima Confirmed As Tinubu’s Running Mate - Vanguard by Nobody: 3:56pm On Jul 10, 2022
Babaken:
2019 Atiku was only a criminal but bubu was criminal, kidnapper and a terrorist.
Tinubu is all in combine. Because Tinubu is the man that market bubu when he is aware of who bubu is all because of self ambition.
They are all poison! My advice is " choose the most impotent one"

The impotent one, I don't knwo cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Kashim Shettima Confirmed As Tinubu’s Running Mate - Vanguard by samunaka: 3:58pm On Jul 10, 2022
Truthisunique2:
Atiku is a household name in the north east how tinubu cum expect shettima that is not relevant outside borno to defeat him

How would north east leave Presidency and go for vice president under a fake Muslim

The North West is now officially kwanwaso turf to play with, he would now rally it as it's candidate and fuse it to atiku

You don't know anything about northern politics, since 1999 till date have you seen Yobe and Borno states experimenting political parties, even after all the other ANPP states moved to the ruling PDP then they remained unperturbed, that is the Kanuri mentality for you, and with their sizeable number in Bauchi state they will come out in full force to support their son, so north east with the exception of Adamawa is a lockdown for Tinibu

2 Likes

Re: Kashim Shettima Confirmed As Tinubu’s Running Mate - Vanguard by IDIOTmoderators: 3:58pm On Jul 10, 2022
phemmyjohnson:
Help JAGABAN don carry me go where I no know ..Christians thrown under the bus in a bid to get the presidency .. My question is would the core north have supported a Christian Christian presidency too ?
What is the significance of your christian vice president that is there? Abeg what we need is competence and men with good heart.

1 Like

Re: Kashim Shettima Confirmed As Tinubu’s Running Mate - Vanguard by Nobody: 3:58pm On Jul 10, 2022
ChoCho54:
Ok recommend for me. Who should I give my vote?

Look at their individual work and service portfolios and choose the Lasser poison
Re: Kashim Shettima Confirmed As Tinubu’s Running Mate - Vanguard by TakeBackNaija: 3:58pm On Jul 10, 2022
RIP to the ambition of the Agbado bullion van criminal. This is the most senseless act by a presidential aspirant since 1960!

How would Tinubu explain to 100 million Christians in Nigeria that he found no one worthy among them to make his Vice? Has Christians in Nigeria not suffered enough humiliation already? So, why would tinubu try to insult them the more?

Would APC even have the courage to campaign in SS, SE, MB etc after all these?

He called himself BAT, now he has fully become a bat because both Christians and Muslims have rejected him!
Re: Kashim Shettima Confirmed As Tinubu’s Running Mate - Vanguard by tunapawizzy: 3:58pm On Jul 10, 2022
FunkyAlhaji2015:

You no nothing
, The Benue, Plateau and Taraba are majorly Christians, and they are going to vote majorly Peter Obi. Adamawa, Gombe, Kaduna, Kogi and Nasawara have very healthy Christian population, these people are going to vote Peter Obi. The South East and South South will vote along religious lines. The Yoruba Christians are not going to vote Tinubu. I can tell you that for free. There is a new awakening among Christians especially with the Southern Kaduna killings, Sokoto murder and Owo killings. To the Christians the battle line has been drawn.
Ok sir. You know everything
Re: Kashim Shettima Confirmed As Tinubu’s Running Mate - Vanguard by Nobody: 3:59pm On Jul 10, 2022
kelvinginzie:

Igbos voted for obasanjo and were ready to vote osinbanjo

They voted for Obasanjo because they knew that he wasn't Yoruba candidate. I don't know about Osinbajo. It was only in Igboland that Abiola lost out in 1983. Go and research to know the roles played by Arthur Nzeribe, Daniel Kanu, Uche Chukwumerije and earlier on, Ofonagoro in 1983 about how happy the Igbo were in frustrating the Yoruba ambition in Nigeria. I should first vote for the devil before considering an Igbo man.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (23) (Reply)

Tinubu Blasted As He 'Teaches Atiku Abubakar A Lesson' At Lagos APC Rally / Chicago State University Reconfirms Tinubu's Certificate / Pictures Of Ogoni Clean-up

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.