Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,033 members, 7,814,522 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:21 PM

Kashim Shettima Confirmed As Tinubu’s Running Mate - Vanguard - Politics (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kashim Shettima Confirmed As Tinubu’s Running Mate - Vanguard (66698 Views)

Tinubu Confirms Kashim Shettima As His Running Mate / Labour Party To Unveil Baba-Ahmed As Obi’s Running Mate - Vanguard / Umar Ganduje Might Be Tinubu's Running Mate (Pix) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kashim Shettima Confirmed As Tinubu’s Running Mate - Vanguard by omokab: 4:17pm On Jul 10, 2022
IfnobeGod20:

You should have stated why it was like that. He got such meager votes in the north because Buhari was on ballot. So far Buhari is on ballot, no matter is performance, the northerners will always vote for him because they see him as someone that can be trusted to preserve their religion and culture. Next to him that they so much love is Kwankwoso, especially in the North West, before we can even talk of Atiku whilst others are just spectators.
Any analysis you do without factoring in Buhari amount to zero. Buhari will no more be on ballot, hence the northern votes will be heavily won by Kwankwoso at the north west, Atiku at the north east and the remnants will be shared between Shettima and Datti.
If it is true that he choose Muslim as a deputy. He will have the least vote in south east, south South and north central because these are states with densely populated christains. Average christains will prefer to go for aspirants with combination of christain-muslim or muslim-christain.
In south west states, many christains that ordinarily want to support his cause, may draw back because of this Muslim-muslim ticket. That doesn't mean he would not fair well but it won't be when he has christain as a deputy.
check when hr contested against yaradua and also what he got from PDP primary election against Jonathan in the north . I am a Yoruba man bit I live in the north for sometime . The Hausa will do what and who they desire to support . Forget about Atiku is from the north so they will not support tinubu. All na propaganda. If the issue of running mate does not against tinubu he will win .
Re: Kashim Shettima Confirmed As Tinubu’s Running Mate - Vanguard by diplomat058(m): 4:18pm On Jul 10, 2022
Allahisarapist:

You are saying different things now.
But tinubu doesn't still believe that buhari is a failure why?. Because you can't give what you don't have.
Lagos was a capital for so many years, it was already made.
Still yet you can't tell me a single remarkable thing tinubu did in lagos.
Is tinubu an indigenous to lagos?
Tinubu and buhari has so many similarities, when you see a failure you even know one from afar, but hate and religion and tribe have blocked your sense of reasoning.
The other used a new bill as certificate this one now is saying that he lost his certificates.

I thought you were a sensible person; that's the reason I opted for a fact based argument. But when confronted with superior facts, you resorted to some incoherent garbage while talking about being blinded by tribe and religion. LooL. Who is blinded- me that is being logical and empiricist in reasoning or you who have nothing to substantiate your argument other than the regurgitated trash of Lagos being a federal capital in the past, bla bla bla and other nonsense Ipob peddle on their platforms. Was Calabar not a federal capital too? Are Rivers and Delta not petrodollar states gulping billions of dollars every year in 13% derivations and oil tax? Why isn't Lagos on the same pedestal with these states? Lagos has continued to evolve in accelerated times, setting governance precedence in every aspect of society. Crimes combating - RRS funded by state financial commitment; infrastructure -topnotch; economy -booming; management of cosmopolitan diversity - excellent. Even in your erosion ravaged region, Ábíá state would not employ Imo indigenes. Talk about people who still practice social caste, regarding some Igbos as Osu and Ebonyi people as second class Igbos. What a joke!

Bring on the governance achievements of your Pandora candidate. Let us juxtapose them with the yet-to-be-matched developmental standards that Asíwájú has set in performance. Na you go run grin

1 Like

Re: Kashim Shettima Confirmed As Tinubu’s Running Mate - Vanguard by ArewaNorth: 4:20pm On Jul 10, 2022
Allahisarapist:

Guy APC IS DEAD.
Mark this.
You dared the Christians like they are nothing in the scheme of things

Nobody dare Christians. Candidates are field by political parties in elections not just because of their integrity, competence or CV but because of mainly their capacity to deliver votes. If you think making the election religious will make Peter Obi to win this election then you are very wrong because he will lose and may consequently pave way for similar tickets in the future. So, let it be as it is and vote base on your understanding of candidates but not religion. There are many factors that won't favour Obi in religious politicking!
Re: Kashim Shettima Confirmed As Tinubu’s Running Mate - Vanguard by diplomat058(m): 4:20pm On Jul 10, 2022
43Ronin:

Yoruba muslim forming christain.
Following the revelation by an Australian Negotiator, Dr. Stephen Davies, names of other alleged Boko Haram sponsors have emerged.

The latest said is the Borno State Governor, Kashim Shettima.
The magazine, which claimed a secret conversation with a detained Boko Haram member, Mustapha Kolo revealed that there is an existing relationship between the group and the Borno State governor right from his time as a commissioner, where he served in five ministries before his election as Governor of Borno State.

Dear naija christains we cannot continue to idle by and allow a more dangerous terrorist opportunity to aso rock. We have suffered enough. Arise! & let your enemies be scattered.

IPOB dimwit, bleep off. After the election, you would go back to crying "no leflendum no erection"

We, Omoluabi no send you. We are one.

Hahaha

1 Like

Re: Kashim Shettima Confirmed As Tinubu’s Running Mate - Vanguard by Nobody: 4:21pm On Jul 10, 2022
Adexxi:
So anyone who doesn't support Muslim-Muslim ticket is ibo Ori e ti daru . I'm full blood yoruba , christian . Why should I support Muslim-Muslim ticket Will you muslim fanatics support christian-christian ticket? Religion of piss under my foot

You are an IBO. As I said earlier (on page 1), the topic is going to page 30 because of the frustrations of the IBOS.

If you have gone through my postings, you should have known I am a Christian and not just an ordinary Christian but a Called Christian. I will teach you Scriptures from KNOWN to UNKNOWN. What we are practising is not Christianity or Islam. It is just a deceptive religion.

2 Likes

Re: Kashim Shettima Confirmed As Tinubu’s Running Mate - Vanguard by nuland(m): 4:21pm On Jul 10, 2022
seunmsg:
Congratulations to Senator Ibrahim Shettima. Looking at the level of loyalty and commitment he showed to Tinubu during the primary election, I’m not surprised at his nomination. He’s an excellent administrator and a loyal party man. He will make a good Vice President. With this, Tinubu’s presidency is a done deal.

With his nomination, APC should win Borno, Yobe and Gombe clearly. The party should also come second in Adamawa and with LP gaining momentum in Plateau and Taraba (two traditional PDP states), APC should win North East slightly over Atiku.

Sir, as catchy as your projection might sound BAT just shot himself in the foot with the Choice of Shettima.
Winning Borno yes but other North East States? No!
In the North Central he's guaranteed only Kwara and Kogi, Benue=LP, FCT and Plateau is open to LP and PDP. Nassarawa and Niger=PDP!
Kano and Jigawa=Kwankwaso and Atiku and the crumbs for APC. Other NW states=PDP cos there's already an unwritten agreement with Atiku that Tambuwal is going to be the Senate President if Atiku wins, hence the defections in the senate by mostly NW senators who will like to shock Tambuwal.
Down South Obi has changed the permutation for Tinubu so i don't see Tinubu coming second in the race even with his huge financial war chest hence Buhari's constant pleas to Nigerians not to allow PDP back to Aso Rock.
Who knows Shettima(politically) outside Borno/Yobe?
Re: Kashim Shettima Confirmed As Tinubu’s Running Mate - Vanguard by plaindealer: 4:21pm On Jul 10, 2022
phemmyjohnson:
Help JAGABAN don carry me go where I no know ..Christians thrown under the bus in a bid to get the presidency .. My question is would the core north have supported a Christian Christian presidency too ?

Asiwaju is all about competence performance and the capacity to do the job, not Religion or religious worries.

If you love Nigeria, look for competence and performance instead of religion.
Re: Kashim Shettima Confirmed As Tinubu’s Running Mate - Vanguard by plaindealer: 4:23pm On Jul 10, 2022
BTW, this is a great and excellent choice, exactly what I was looking for.

A strong, competent, dedicated and loyal VP.
Re: Kashim Shettima Confirmed As Tinubu’s Running Mate - Vanguard by Adonispco: 4:23pm On Jul 10, 2022
Pymetrics:

So what now happens to the below report since Nigeria is not a Muslim country

*IMPORTANT FACTS EVERY NIGERIAN MUST KNOW AHEAD OF 2023 GENERAL ELECTIONS*

*1. Are you aware that there is only one Muslim governor in the whole southern Nigeria, Gov. Oyetola of Osun out of 17 states?*

*2. Are you equally aware that there are only three Muslim Deputy Govs. in the whole of southern Nigeria?*

*3. In the North, there are four Christian Governors out of 19 states.*

*4. Eight Christian deputy Governors out of 19 states.*

*5. Are you aware there are 20 Christian Governors and only 16 Muslim Governors in Nigeria?*

*6. Do you know that there are 23 Christian Deputy Governors and 13 Muslim Deputy Governors in Nigeria?*

*Despite this, 'CAN' is still shouting Islamization agenda. On the contrary, Muslims are not shouting Christianization agenda of the South because Muslims will not heat up the polity or disturb the relative but fragile peace Nigerians are enjoying.*

*PLEASE � LET THIS FACT GET ACROSS EVERY CITIZEN OF NIGERIA HOME � AND ABROAD*

Pymetrics:

*1. Are you aware that there is only one Muslim governor in the whole southern Nigeria, Gov. Oyetola of Osun out of 17 states?*

*2. Are you equally aware that there are only three Muslim Deputy Govs. in the whole of southern Nigeria?*

*5. Are you aware there are 20 Christian Governors and only 16 Muslim Governors in Nigeria?*

*6. Do you know that there are 23 Christian Deputy Governors and 13 Muslim Deputy Governors in Nigeria?*

*Despite this, 'CAN' is still shouting Islamization agenda. On the contrary, Muslims are not shouting Christianization agenda of the South because Muslims will not heat up the polity or disturb the relative but fragile peace Nigerians are enjoying.*

Dont be dumb! This is at federal Level and moreover Moslems and Christains respect each others religious holidays; You are evil for supporting this shameful disregard of Nigeria christains.
Re: Kashim Shettima Confirmed As Tinubu’s Running Mate - Vanguard by Mune: 4:24pm On Jul 10, 2022
ArewaNorth:

I'm from th so called core North and I strongly believe that if campaign begins you will see how convinced the region will be with Tinubu candidacy. PDP is never a choice and Atiku has kind of character and a bad name that will never make him famous the way u think in the North. 4 out of 6 NC states are Muslims majority and I'm sure if the voting pattern will go religious Tinubu will win the zone especially for being entirely a different character with previous candidates they used to vote. Remember unlike Atiku Tinubu already has bloc votes in SW but even in the NE Atiku will definitely lose Borno, Yobe woefully and still share Bauchi and lose Gombe with slight margin while winning Adamawa alone in his zone.
NNPP is only popular in No and Kwankwaso can only win Kano, don't be deceived!

Atiku is going to beat Tinubu blue black in the North. I'm a core northerner, too.
Re: Kashim Shettima Confirmed As Tinubu’s Running Mate - Vanguard by Murphyenemuwe: 4:24pm On Jul 10, 2022
That place looks like faculty of law OAU. That guy should be a student there. If that's his real picture.
inspirator1:

Shei the one wey you scam me never do you. There's no PayPal Arbitrage anywhere. He will introduce you to Klasha app. Help you set up some nonsense card. Give you stupid sites to buy PayPal from and then introduce his scam of selling too. At this point, he will lock the grouo for good. You will be scammed your hard earned money. Avoid Mr Faith PayPal scammer.

Avoid this criminal and report him to authorities.

No reason am o...I still dey track you and I go catch you.

PS: He will also tell you to use Lesotho PayPal address that Nigeria's own is not working.
Virtually everyone in that group is him and his cartel.
See the criminal number there...he just changed the one he used in scamming me.
Check the name Cynthia, na the criminal and I earlier she was not part of the scam.
Check this Account was also created today.

He is a scammmer ooooo
Re: Kashim Shettima Confirmed As Tinubu’s Running Mate - Vanguard by boladale123: 4:27pm On Jul 10, 2022
The same idiot that called somebody an ice cream seller is now hustling for the same so slot.
Yeye hypocrite, we go meet at the pool.
This when the north will Know that,you can't be the president of Nigerian without the other regions.
Re: Kashim Shettima Confirmed As Tinubu’s Running Mate - Vanguard by Lite2018: 4:28pm On Jul 10, 2022
Pymetrics:

Because most southern states especially the South south and southeast are 90% christian.. however while the north has a significant amount of christians especially in the north central. All SW states has both religion represented.

However on the federal level, only the vp is a christian in the top positions in all the arms of government and Now they want to take that away but they want us to shout hallelujah... Haba
Re: Kashim Shettima Confirmed As Tinubu’s Running Mate - Vanguard by cochexky: 4:29pm On Jul 10, 2022
phemmyjohnson:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/07/breaking-shettima-confirmed-as-tinubus-running-mate/

Script 2 concluded.

Northerners has slaughtered Tinubu while Kwankwaso will finally work with Atiku to give Obi a strong fight. So like this, APC is off have offed there �.

The Election now is Atiku vs Peter Obi.

Obviously God is about to break silent on Nigerian issue.

Obi and Datti will emerge winner come 2023 by the grace of God and strong effort of the youth.
Re: Kashim Shettima Confirmed As Tinubu’s Running Mate - Vanguard by Strikethem: 4:29pm On Jul 10, 2022
Okealaaye:

You're Yoruba from Ondo state, did you say? Well, God forbid that I should adorn the buttocks of my neighbour's daughter with my waist bead even if my daughter's buttocks cannot hold it in place! When I'm not Agb'ori Olori S'ori! I should first ask myself a simple question : Can an Igbo man do for my People what they're asking me to do for Peter Obi? Of course, no. I'm from Ekiti and I'm not a bastard by any stretch of imagination.
You see where your problem lies? He's my son, he's my brother's syndrome.

Hatred has eaten deep inside your heart.

Let me ask you, be sincere. When Obasanjo that is your son was there, what did he do for the yorubas aside being president?

What did he change in yorubaland?

Are igbos not Nigerian again.

What has that your so called son did to warrant being voted for.

Answer those question before engaging you.

This is not a matter of bein bastard, you are just filled with hatred toward your fellow humans.

I am a bonafide son of ondo state and I and my family are voting Peter Obi.
Re: Kashim Shettima Confirmed As Tinubu’s Running Mate - Vanguard by 43Ronin: 4:31pm On Jul 10, 2022
diplomat058:

IPOB dimwit, bleep off. After the election, you would go back to crying "no leflendum no erection"

We, Omoluabi no send you. We are one.

Hahaha

One kò Two ni. Lol. U go cry tire. Yoruba Muslim miscreant
Re: Kashim Shettima Confirmed As Tinubu’s Running Mate - Vanguard by OJU1(m): 4:31pm On Jul 10, 2022
TINUBU has finally sealed his failure. I knew it from the day TINUBU was declared winner as a result of money politics that the APC government are already on their way out of power.
Fellow Nigerians, the time to be obedient is now. The Bible says obedient is better than sacrifice, let's Obey and get our PVCs, it's our power so we can vote obediently.
Re: Kashim Shettima Confirmed As Tinubu’s Running Mate - Vanguard by DontGiveUpYet: 4:32pm On Jul 10, 2022
So this man actually expect Christians to vote for him? How possible? Very wrong calculation even though I never wished him to win.

OBi till the last minute.
Re: Kashim Shettima Confirmed As Tinubu’s Running Mate - Vanguard by diplomat058(m): 4:33pm On Jul 10, 2022
43Ronin:

One kò Two ni. Lol. U go cry tire. Yoruba Muslim miscreant

Hahahah IPOB bandit wey don tey for Yorùbá land. I doubt you even know the way to your imo village again

Hahaha it's all good sha. Yorùbá people are always welcoming, so cheers!

1 Like

Re: Kashim Shettima Confirmed As Tinubu’s Running Mate - Vanguard by Nobody: 4:35pm On Jul 10, 2022
nuland:

Sir, as catchy as your projection might sound BAT just shot himself in the foot with the Choice of Shettima.
Winning Borno yes but other North East States? No!
In the North Central he's guaranteed only Kwara and Kogi, Benue=LP, FCT and Plateau is open to LP and PDP. Nassarawa and Niger=PDP!
Kano and Jigawa=Kwankwaso and Atiku and the crumbs for APC. Other NW states=PDP cos there's already an unwritten agreement with Atiku that Tambuwal is going to be the Senate President if Atiku wins, hence the defections in the senate by mostly NW senators who will like to shock Tambuwal.
Down South Obi has changed the permutation for Tinubu so i don't see Tinubu coming second in the race even with his huge financial war chest hence Buhari's constant pleas to Nigerians not to allow PDP back to Aso Rock.
Who knows Shettima(politically) outside Borno/Yobe?

Let us wait till that time. So, they have given Senate President to Tambuwal. Which post have they zoned to South West?

2 Likes

Re: Kashim Shettima Confirmed As Tinubu’s Running Mate - Vanguard by shiwex: 4:37pm On Jul 10, 2022
KUNZEH:
WOW! CONGRATULATIONS!
SHETIMA IS BETTER THAN EL-RUFAI

JAGABAN OF AFRICA... FIRE ON
NEXT PRESIDENT INSHA ALLAH
small sense like this you no get..
Re: Kashim Shettima Confirmed As Tinubu’s Running Mate - Vanguard by adekolaelect(m): 4:38pm On Jul 10, 2022
PresidObi:
This news will greatly damage the chances of APC in the next elections.

I see multiple defections coming

Adieu APC.
Wailer !!! What has Oshibajo VP did positively to the killing of Christian's in Nigeria. Why are you crying over what is above your existence ?? Tinubu are Shetima can only spend 8 years Christianity and Islam will remain forever.
Re: Kashim Shettima Confirmed As Tinubu’s Running Mate - Vanguard by Web2020: 4:41pm On Jul 10, 2022
Tinubu is a fool. Tinubu has just insulted all the Christian in Nigeria. God will stop you, Tinubu.

I call on all Christians, home and abroad, to work against this evil man called Tinubu. He would be disgraced by God's grace.
Re: Kashim Shettima Confirmed As Tinubu’s Running Mate - Vanguard by Abujaexpress: 4:43pm On Jul 10, 2022
another1:
Hmm
Tinubu get mind shall.
Let's see how it will go.
And now religion does not matter but competence. Same people crying for power should return to South.
Me and my entire Christian family will never never vote a Muslim Muslim ticket.
Re: Kashim Shettima Confirmed As Tinubu’s Running Mate - Vanguard by Web2020: 4:43pm On Jul 10, 2022
Any Christian that says it does not matter shall be severely punished by God
Re: Kashim Shettima Confirmed As Tinubu’s Running Mate - Vanguard by Abujaexpress: 4:44pm On Jul 10, 2022
another1:
Hmm
Tinubu get mind shall.
Let's see how it will go.
And now religion does not matter but competence. Same people crying for power should return to South.
Me and my entire Christian family will never never vote a Muslim Muslim ticket.
As for me and my family, we will never vote a Muslim-Muslim ticket
Re: Kashim Shettima Confirmed As Tinubu’s Running Mate - Vanguard by Nobody: 4:45pm On Jul 10, 2022
For me and my family, we will not vote M-M ticket. We are voting Obi
Re: Kashim Shettima Confirmed As Tinubu’s Running Mate - Vanguard by Allahisarapist: 4:46pm On Jul 10, 2022
diplomat058:

I thought you were a sensible person; that's the reason I opted for a fact based argument. But when confronted with superior facts, you resorted to some incoherent garbage while talking about being blinded by tribe and religion. LooL. Who is blinded- me that is being logical and empiricist in reasoning or you who have nothing to substantiate your argument other than the regurgitated trash of Lagos being a federal capital in the past, bla bla bla and other nonsense Ipob peddle on their platforms. Was Calabar not a federal capital too? Are Rivers and Delta not petrodollar states gulping billions of dollars every year in 13% derivations and oil tax? Why isn't Lagos on the same pedestal with these states? Lagos has continued to evolve in accelerated times, setting governance precedence in every aspect of society. Crimes combating - RRS funded by state financial commitment; infrastructure -topnotch; economy -booming; management of cosmopolitan diversity - excellent. Even in your erosion ravaged region, Ábíá state would not employ Imo indigenes. Talk about people who still practice social caste, regarding some Igbos as Osu and Ebonyi people as second class Igbos. What a joke!

Bring on the governance achievements of your Pandora candidate. Let us juxtapose them with the yet-to-be-matched developmental standards that Asíwájú has set in performance. Na you go run grin
This one don mad finish.
Look at the kind of reasoning the people that wants us to support tinubu has.
Spits.
Now it have turned to be insulting my maternal people because I done support Muslim Muslim ticket.
Re: Kashim Shettima Confirmed As Tinubu’s Running Mate - Vanguard by garfield1: 4:47pm On Jul 10, 2022
Truthisunique2:
he stepped down for atiku in 2019, he would do so again in 2023

Not about money but fulani interest

He didnt
Re: Kashim Shettima Confirmed As Tinubu’s Running Mate - Vanguard by Akanbiedu(m): 4:48pm On Jul 10, 2022
fiizznation:
Tinubu has nothing to offer and I urge reasonable Nigerians to reject him and his corrupt ways

Oya tell us who to vote.

I am listening
Re: Kashim Shettima Confirmed As Tinubu’s Running Mate - Vanguard by Allahisarapist: 4:48pm On Jul 10, 2022
olas24u:

In a normal federal system the education will differ among regions or state ,because of one Nigeria ,that was how you people came all the way to get free education that your states could not provide
Yeah awolowo gave our yoruba brothers free education yet we allow someone that doesn't have a certificate to govern us.
Re: Kashim Shettima Confirmed As Tinubu’s Running Mate - Vanguard by diplomat058(m): 4:50pm On Jul 10, 2022
Allahisarapist:

This one don mad finish.
Look at the kind of reasoning the people that wants us to support tinubu has.
Spits.
Now it have turned to be insulting my maternal people because I done support Muslim Muslim ticket.

Bleep off, you're clearly a dimwit who is incapable of engaging in an intellectual firepower. Stick to your IpoB impersonation of Yorùbá. Maternal people indeed grin. Same thing that lunatic called princeoflagos was claiming until I bursted his Ipob ass grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (23) (Reply)

Chicago State University Reconfirms Tinubu's Certificate / Fuel Subsidy Is Gone - President Bola Tinubu / Pictures Of Ogoni Clean-up

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.