Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,854 members, 7,828,083 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:48 PM

Kashim Shettima Confirmed As Tinubu’s Running Mate - Vanguard - Politics (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kashim Shettima Confirmed As Tinubu’s Running Mate - Vanguard (66766 Views)

Tinubu Confirms Kashim Shettima As His Running Mate / Labour Party To Unveil Baba-Ahmed As Obi’s Running Mate - Vanguard / Umar Ganduje Might Be Tinubu's Running Mate (Pix) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kashim Shettima Confirmed As Tinubu’s Running Mate - Vanguard by Lite2018: 3:59pm On Jul 10, 2022
ArewaNorth:

Nobody will force you to vote for APC under multiparty democracy but you also need to take responsibility of the future consequences of advocating for a Christian candidature. I'm very much upbeat that no matter how hard you'll campaign for Obi he won't even come 2nd in the forth coming election. APC will definitely win next election!
Power, competence and money will pave way for APC in irrespective of the winning margin!

You probably don't get yet...
Nigeria is extremely religious. Especially when a case of "islamization" of the country is concerned. BAT should have looked at the north central knowing fully well that kwakwanso and Atiku would divide his vote in the far north... I don't think peter obi has a chance except he works extremely hard instead of just replying political irrelevant people however if atiku can weather the PDP storm. The north would always prefer their own to any other person.. Ask wike
Re: Kashim Shettima Confirmed As Tinubu’s Running Mate - Vanguard by IDIOTmoderators: 4:00pm On Jul 10, 2022
Allahisarapist:
All Christians in Nigeria lets stand up now and stop what is about to befall Christians if we allow Apc to win.
I think we all have heard the news about what is happening in southern Kaduna
What impetus, that a ruling power has to relegate the Christians from the scheme of things.
Ask yourself is Nigeria a Muslim country?
As a true yoruba Christian I and my family are obediently yusuful.
How has Osinbajo a Christian be of use?
Re: Kashim Shettima Confirmed As Tinubu’s Running Mate - Vanguard by diplomat058(m): 4:00pm On Jul 10, 2022
Allahisarapist:

Just tell me the difference between tinubu and Buhari.
You are repenting small small, but the likes of helinues and the vulture griller don't believe that buhari was a failure.
Do you know that your lord tinubu dosn't believe that buhari is a failure.
Someone that helped foster this type of failure to Nigerian.
Tell me you didn't vote for buhari in 2019

The difference between Buhari and Tinubu is that; while Buhari is someone we gave a second chance to prove himself after his uneventful attempt at governance in 84/85, yet failed again; Asíwájú, in the other hand, is a success story, a first class technocrat and politician par excellence in equity and performance of office who pioneered the massive"New Lagos" prosperity we all enjoy today. Mind you, I am talking about a man who guided Lagos from a 250m monthly IGR to being the 4th biggest African economy. He is the pioneer of digitalization of tax bureaucracy i.e LIRS that even the FG has copied it's blueprint as FIRS. His infrastructure landmarks are numerously attesting to a development intellect and template adherence.

Now, to your question, if you were in Tinubu's position, knowing that the APC ticket partly depends on Buhari, would you openly condemn his administration? Why didn't Obi condemn Atiku's shameful conduct as the Head of the Nigerian privatization programs during OBJ, when he was running with him? Why didn't he condemn Jonathan government as inept while under him as a minister? You see, you Ipob lots always think you're clever, but it's always funny. You dare talk about the wool in Asíwájú 's eyes when there is a log in your candidate's eyes?

I would go with a proven success who has been able to separate politics from governance as obtainable in Lagos State.

And no, I did NOT vote for Buhari in 2019

Don't labor Pandora in vain óò �

2 Likes

Re: Kashim Shettima Confirmed As Tinubu’s Running Mate - Vanguard by garfield1: 4:00pm On Jul 10, 2022
post=114595373:

No more KKK states grin Kano, Kaduna and Katsina for APC
Lagos votes will be divided among three major candidates, Anambra have more registered voters than Borno

How many votes did anambra bring in 2011 till now
Re: Kashim Shettima Confirmed As Tinubu’s Running Mate - Vanguard by kennyz247(m): 4:01pm On Jul 10, 2022
OPICANTO2223:

Na so. Actually this is the time for Peter Obi and Kwankwaso to step down for Atiku Abubakar
das is the best option for any reasonable nigerian.instead of voting PO dat can't win the election, thereby allowing a useless and terrorist Muslim Muslim to win..is better we all cast our vote for PDP

1 Like

Re: Kashim Shettima Confirmed As Tinubu’s Running Mate - Vanguard by Basicend: 4:01pm On Jul 10, 2022
PresidObi:
This news will greatly damage the chances of APC in the next elections.

I see multiple defections coming

Adieu APC.

Atiku is waiting for them in the north.

All Christians are waiting for them in the south.

1 Like

Re: Kashim Shettima Confirmed As Tinubu’s Running Mate - Vanguard by Lite2018: 4:02pm On Jul 10, 2022
Subsidywise20:
Like I said before, BAT has no choice but to choose a Northern Muslim, because

1. Buhari's voting bloc won't support him otherwise.

2.He needs Northeastern votes to beat Atiku in his backyard.

3.He thinks that christians may vote for him...largely because he is a Southerner.

But this isn't 1993...when Abiola got away with choosing Kingibe. Then the NRC was viewed as a Northern party, even with Tofa choosing Ugoh as his running mate, the Labour unions backed SDP, and CAN too backed SDP....

Now the unions are in a deep divide. CAN is split up between LP and PDP, and a lot of blood has passed under the bridge, there is a lot of bitterness and anger towards Muslims from christians and vice versa (in 1993, it was there, but both sides wanted the Army out anyways, so the hatchet was buried temporarily...unitl the results showed that NRC was losing..then old hateds came up)plus a lot of christians have suffered economically and security wise under APC. I don't see Tinubu winning this election now.

Honestly, it is looking likely that Atiku would win, and then Obi would be second, and Tinubu a close third. Whehter it goes to a runoff is to be seen.

This is actually the best case scenario
Re: Kashim Shettima Confirmed As Tinubu’s Running Mate - Vanguard by zeenaman: 4:03pm On Jul 10, 2022
Tinubu is a philosopher that understands the rule of life. Never try to please your enemy with your decisions, especially enemies that hate you for no reason. Focus your energy on pleasing your lovers instead of trying to make your enemies like you. No matter who he chooses, you all will never vote for him, even if he chose pope

1 Like

Re: Kashim Shettima Confirmed As Tinubu’s Running Mate - Vanguard by Nobody: 4:04pm On Jul 10, 2022
Zacks43:

Am from borno state but what you just typed here is totally trash. Leme tell you something if you don't know, kashim shettima as vice president is dead on arrival. Even the kanuri's here will go for Atiku..

I know you are based in Maiduguri based on your comments some months ago and you are a Christian. I don't believe Zullum, SAS cannot muster vote for Shettima except because they want power to remain in the North.

Please, how is the relationship between SAS and Shettima? Is it cordial?
Re: Kashim Shettima Confirmed As Tinubu’s Running Mate - Vanguard by PlayMaker14: 4:04pm On Jul 10, 2022
deltaprincess:

Olodo!! Peter Obi can only win on Social Media!!
Grade A' Olodo calling another person Olodo?

Wetin Jason nor go see for Nairaland... grin
Re: Kashim Shettima Confirmed As Tinubu’s Running Mate - Vanguard by Adexxi(m): 4:05pm On Jul 10, 2022
And we are kicking that Oyetola out next Saturday . Imole will prevail .
Pymetrics:

So what now happens to the below report since Nigeria is not a Muslim country

*IMPORTANT FACTS EVERY NIGERIAN MUST KNOW AHEAD OF 2023 GENERAL ELECTIONS*

*1. Are you aware that there is only one Muslim governor in the whole southern Nigeria, Gov. Oyetola of Osun out of 17 states?*

*2. Are you equally aware that there are only three Muslim Deputy Govs. in the whole of southern Nigeria?*

*3. In the North, there are four Christian Governors out of 19 states.*

*4. Eight Christian deputy Governors out of 19 states.*

*5. Are you aware there are 20 Christian Governors and only 16 Muslim Governors in Nigeria?*

*6. Do you know that there are 23 Christian Deputy Governors and 13 Muslim Deputy Governors in Nigeria?*

*Despite this, 'CAN' is still shouting Islamization agenda. On the contrary, Muslims are not shouting Christianization agenda of the South because Muslims will not heat up the polity or disturb the relative but fragile peace Nigerians are enjoying.*

*PLEASE � LET THIS FACT GET ACROSS EVERY CITIZEN OF NIGERIA HOME � AND ABROAD*
Re: Kashim Shettima Confirmed As Tinubu’s Running Mate - Vanguard by olumide4christ: 4:06pm On Jul 10, 2022
effido666:
Any Christian who cast his or her vote for a Muslim Tinubu to Muslim Shettima wil not c the kingdom of God

Have you become God or taken over God's position to make this judgement?

1 Like

Re: Kashim Shettima Confirmed As Tinubu’s Running Mate - Vanguard by Allahisarapist: 4:06pm On Jul 10, 2022
diplomat058:

The difference between Buhari and Tinubu is that; while Buhari is someone we gave a second chance to prove himself after his uneventful attempt at governance in 84/85, yet failed again; Asíwájú, in the other hand, is a success story, a first class technocrat and politician par excellence in equity and performance of office who pioneered the massive"New Lagos" prosperity we all enjoy today. Mind you, I am talking about a man who guided Lagos from a 250m monthly IGR to being the 4th biggest African economy. He is the pioneer of digitalization of tax bureaucracy i.e LIRS that even the FG has copied it's blueprint as FIRS. His infrastructure landmarks are numerously attesting to a development intellect and template adherence.

Now, to your question, if you were in Tinubu's position, knowing that the APC ticket partly depends on Buhari, would you openly condemn his administration? Why didn't Obi condemn Atiku's shameful conduct as the Head of the Nigerian privatization programs during OBJ, when he was running with him? Why didn't he condemn Jonathan government as inept while under him as a minister? You see, you Ipob lots always think you're clever, but it's always funny. You dare talk about the wool in Asíwájú 's eyes when there is a log in your candidate's eyes?

I would go with a proven success who has been able to separate politics from governance as obtainable in Lagos State.

And no, I did NOT vote for Buhari in 2019

Don't labor Pandora in vain óò �
You are saying different things now.
But tinubu doesn't still believe that buhari is a failure why?. Because you can't give what you don't have.
Lagos was a capital for so many years, it was already made.
Still yet you can't tell me a single remarkable thing tinubu did in lagos.
Is tinubu an indigenous to lagos?
Tinubu and buhari has so many similarities, when you see a failure you even know one from afar, but hate and religion and tribe have blocked your sense of reasoning.
The other used a new bill as certificate this one now is saying that he lost his certificates.
Re: Kashim Shettima Confirmed As Tinubu’s Running Mate - Vanguard by Lovelive: 4:06pm On Jul 10, 2022
[quote author=Allahisarapist post=114594576]All Christians in Nigeria lets stand up now and stop what is about to befall Christians if we allow Apc to win.
I think we all have heard the news about what is happening in southern Kaduna
What impetus, that a ruling power has to relegate the Christians from the scheme of things.

Ask yourself is Nigeria a Muslim country?
As a true yoruba Christian I and my family are obediently yusuful.
Re: Kashim Shettima Confirmed As Tinubu’s Running Mate - Vanguard by mycar: 4:07pm On Jul 10, 2022
babaolofin:

Atiku himself knows Tinubu is not campaigning for him. Atiku and Tinubu have been together since 1992.

The North knows the IBOS hate the Yorubas and have always antagonized the Yorubas . The IBOs antagonized Abiola and Obj. Again, the North does not want power to come South and they know the IBO will not be acceptable to the North. Atiku and Northern power brokers know peter obi supporters are mainly IBOs and he cannot win. What the IBOS want is for Tinubu not to rule over them. They know IBOS are not after presidency but after an individual. This is very pathetic
I can see selfishness all around your comment. Why not Tinubu to step down for an Igbo man, you concluded that Igbos are not ready for presidency? So Yorubas are born presidency, right?
Sleep over your comment and tell me if you would have made it if the reverse was to be the case.
Re: Kashim Shettima Confirmed As Tinubu’s Running Mate - Vanguard by Nobody: 4:07pm On Jul 10, 2022
Lite2018:

This is actually the best case scenario

Yeah....though things can change. Prediciting political outcomes is always a dicey sport (remember how people thought in 2016 that Clinton would win , and that includes people like me, and even in 2015, I thought that GEJ would squeak past..until the results from certain parts of the middle belt came in that year)

But in my opinion, what I wrote above is the best outcome. BAT really boxed himself into a corner by winning the APC nomination. APC may have had a chance if they choose a christian Southerner...SW or SE...and then put a Northerner as his deputy....but instead they chose a Muslim Southerner (who may not get enough Northern votes.)..and that's when their issues began.
Re: Kashim Shettima Confirmed As Tinubu’s Running Mate - Vanguard by Richardonald(m): 4:08pm On Jul 10, 2022
TakeBackNaija:
RIP to the ambition of the Agbado bullion van criminal. This is the most senseless act by a presidential aspirant since 1960!

How would Tinubu explain to 100 million Christians in Nigeria that he found no one worthy among them to make his Vice? Has Christians in Nigeria not suffered enough humiliation already? So, why would tinubu try to insult them the more?

Would APC even have the courage to campaign in SS, SE, MB etc after all these?

He called himself BAT, now he has fully become a bat because both Christians and Muslims have rejected him!
I don't support tinubu, but he will not campaign in southeast,just like he did during primaries, he does not need their votes, what he will do is that, he will meet with SE Apc lawmakers, gave them enough millions to get a thousand of votes there, a 2 billion can solve it,BAT can do that, that is why I don't trust igbos they like money
Re: Kashim Shettima Confirmed As Tinubu’s Running Mate - Vanguard by Kayrich(m): 4:09pm On Jul 10, 2022
I don’t think this should be problem anyway. It has happened b4 and no brouhaha and now shouldn’t be any difference.
I even come to look at this way. Assuming Atiku was a xtian, who is that Muslim he will choose from south/south or south/east.
This thing is really logical.
Re: Kashim Shettima Confirmed As Tinubu’s Running Mate - Vanguard by Allahisarapist: 4:09pm On Jul 10, 2022
IDIOTmoderators:

How has Osinbajo a Christian be of use?
Okay so fostering a Muslim Muslim ticket will now be of use.
Tell yourself the truth.
Unless you are a Muslim
Re: Kashim Shettima Confirmed As Tinubu’s Running Mate - Vanguard by MartinsD12(m): 4:10pm On Jul 10, 2022
MadamVanessa:
shocked

Congratulations to Peter Obi in advance, infact my president Obi should start writing his presidential swearing in speech. His presidency is a done deal.

Tinubu was a threat no doubt, but who he's taking as his running mate, I realized that the agbado and cassava munching goblin is not serious at all about his presidential ambition. Man is a bunch of joke.

A trillion agbado munching bastards can't stop Peter (THE ROCK) Obi.
That's very beautiful, on peter obi the rock well meaning Nigerians stand, peter obi is the incoming president of Nigeria come 2023

1 Like

Re: Kashim Shettima Confirmed As Tinubu’s Running Mate - Vanguard by foleskay(m): 4:11pm On Jul 10, 2022
tesppidd:
The funny thing here is that those complaining the most about Tinubu's Muslim running mate are those who would never vote him anyway; even if he picked the Pope as his running mate.
You're wrong mate. Many Pentecostal Christians who support tinubu and i knw them will change their minds with this devilish ticket. Yoruba votes will be greatly divided along religious line for the very first time in this election. sad

1 Like

Re: Kashim Shettima Confirmed As Tinubu’s Running Mate - Vanguard by Arysexy(m): 4:11pm On Jul 10, 2022
This one na Egyptian Muslim brotherhood re-enactment in a secular country like Nigeria.

Dead on arrival

Congratulations to Peter Obi / Datti Baba-Ahmed

1 Share

Re: Kashim Shettima Confirmed As Tinubu’s Running Mate - Vanguard by Munamoqel: 4:11pm On Jul 10, 2022
Chinjo2:
This same Shetima who was responsible for kidnapping of Chibok girls just to smear the personality of Goodluck Jonathan.
you must be ipob or ESN member .
Re: Kashim Shettima Confirmed As Tinubu’s Running Mate - Vanguard by Svoboda(m): 4:11pm On Jul 10, 2022
Lite2018:

Nigeria is extremely religious. Especially when a case of "islamization" of the country is concerned. BAT should have looked at the north central knowing fully well that kwakwanso and Atiku would divide his vote in the far north... I don't think peter obi has a chance except he works extremely hard instead of just replying political irrelevant people however if atiku can weather the PDP storm. The north would always prefer their own to any other person.. Ask wike

Power is definitely coming to the south and whats the best guarrantee for achieving that? Jagaban
Re: Kashim Shettima Confirmed As Tinubu’s Running Mate - Vanguard by olas24u(f): 4:12pm On Jul 10, 2022
Allahisarapist:

Even you, you can do better than someone that didn't attend a primary school.
Can't you believe in yourself rather than queuing behind a monumentally failure

How can I go to university to study philosophy?you no get sense.My mates that we finished together work for government of their countries in technology,nuclear ,you are talking philosophy .Na banana republic you want to govern ABI.
Re: Kashim Shettima Confirmed As Tinubu’s Running Mate - Vanguard by Adexxi(m): 4:12pm On Jul 10, 2022
So anyone who doesn't support Muslim-Muslim ticket is ibo Ori e ti daru . I'm full blood yoruba , christian . Why should I support Muslim-Muslim ticket Will you muslim fanatics support christian-christian ticket? Religion of piss under my foot
babaolofin:

IBOs will die of frustration over this Tinubu's issue today. This topic is going to 30 pages today because of IBOs frustration.

2 Likes

Re: Kashim Shettima Confirmed As Tinubu’s Running Mate - Vanguard by MartinsD12(m): 4:12pm On Jul 10, 2022
phemmyjohnson:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/07/breaking-shettima-confirmed-as-tinubus-running-mate/
grin he has fallen into a deep trap very good , congratulations to his excellency Mr Peter obi, the incoming president federal republic of Nigeria and also congrats to baba Ahmed our amiable capable vice president, labour party to the rescue.

1 Like

Re: Kashim Shettima Confirmed As Tinubu’s Running Mate - Vanguard by 43Ronin: 4:13pm On Jul 10, 2022
diplomat058:

Hahaha look at this Ipob impostor

You're Yoruba in your dreams. I am a Christian and a Yorùbá, and 1 billion Ipob propaganda cannot stop me from voting for ASÍWÁJÚ

LooL

Yoruba muslim forming christain.
Following the revelation by an Australian Negotiator, Dr. Stephen Davies, names of other alleged Boko Haram sponsors have emerged.

The latest said is the Borno State Governor, Kashim Shettima.
The magazine, which claimed a secret conversation with a detained Boko Haram member, Mustapha Kolo revealed that there is an existing relationship between the group and the Borno State governor right from his time as a commissioner, where he served in five ministries before his election as Governor of Borno State.

Dear naija christains we cannot continue to idle by and allow a more dangerous terrorist opportunity to aso rock. We have suffered enough. Arise! & let your enemies be scattered.
Re: Kashim Shettima Confirmed As Tinubu’s Running Mate - Vanguard by ArewaNorth: 4:15pm On Jul 10, 2022
Lite2018:

I'm from th so called core North and I strongly believe that if campaign begins you will see how convinced the region will be with Tinubu candidacy. PDP is never a choice and Atiku has kind of character and a bad name that will never make him famous the way u think in the North. 4 out of 6 NC states are Muslims majority and I'm sure if the voting pattern will go religious Tinubu will win the zone especially for being entirely a different character with previous candidates they used to vote. Remember unlike Atiku Tinubu already has bloc votes in SW but even in the NE Atiku will definitely lose Borno, Yobe woefully and still share Bauchi and lose Gombe with slight margin while winning Adamawa alone in his zone.
NNPP is only popular in No and Kwankwaso can only win Kano, don't be deceived!
Re: Kashim Shettima Confirmed As Tinubu’s Running Mate - Vanguard by olas24u(f): 4:15pm On Jul 10, 2022
Allahisarapist:

Even you, you can do better than someone that didn't attend a primary school.
Can't you believe in yourself rather than queuing behind a monumentally failure

In a normal federal system the education will differ among regions or state ,because of one Nigeria ,that was how you people came all the way to get free education that your states could not provide
Re: Kashim Shettima Confirmed As Tinubu’s Running Mate - Vanguard by Arysexy(m): 4:16pm On Jul 10, 2022
Kayrich:
I don’t think this should be problem anyway. It has happened b4 and no brouhaha and now shouldn’t be any difference.
I even come to look at this way. Assuming Atiku was a xtian, who is that Muslim he will choose from south/south or south/east.
This thing is really logical.

Since MKO Abiola tried and won, have Nigerian religious atmosphere been cordial or charged?

It can never happen again, not after Buhari govt showed his religious bias. The leadership needs to be balanced both in region and religion.

Why was Tinubu shouting Emilokan and when it came to religion balancing, he ignored the Christians?

If he thinks he can use religion to gather Northern votes, he miscalculated.

Am happy though, this is a huge advantage for Peter Obi / Datti Baba-Ahmed
Re: Kashim Shettima Confirmed As Tinubu’s Running Mate - Vanguard by GoldenstateChel: 4:17pm On Jul 10, 2022
Allahisarapist:

I'm more yoruba than you fake Muslim wannabe
he or she don't know,In fact him be Yoruba Muslim na fake Muslim or infidel he or she be to d northern Muslim. Owo church killing go be child play to wat is coming next,if Muslim Muslim come to past,and d Yoruba Christian who are supporting diz move,they should be ready for implementation of sharia law in all state in southwest, which i know can't happen in SE/SS,then me I don't want to hear cry they are killing us oh!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (23) (Reply)

Collation Officer Suspends Rivers Result Announcement Over Threat To Life / Kiki Osinbajo Celebrates Her 27th Birthday With Lovely Photos / Tinubu Bows To Greet Aminu Dantata, Governors Could Not Shake Him (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.