Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,942 members, 7,863,339 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 03:47 PM

5 Signs That Indicate You Are Very Healthy Even If You Don't Feel Like It - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 5 Signs That Indicate You Are Very Healthy Even If You Don't Feel Like It (369 Views)

She Loves You But You Don't Feel Same Way, Yet You Keep Using Her? That's Risky / Help! I Don't Feel Sexually Attracted To My Fiancée / She Shot Her Shot But I Don't Feel The Same (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

5 Signs That Indicate You Are Very Healthy Even If You Don't Feel Like It by Tochukwuoparaa: 4:24pm On Jul 11, 2022
In today's society, many people believe that if you look a certain way, you must be healthy. Instagram models that have a noticeable gap between their thighs are often held up as role models for physical fitness. Covers of so-called health publications often boast about losing weight and having a flat stomach. Reality TV shows often glorify extreme diets that are unhealthy and impossible to maintain.

It's true that some fit persons have slender frames and a defined abdominal wall and thigh gap. However, this does not imply that these characteristics are required for physical well-being.

When it comes to the World Health Organization's (WHO) concept of health, appearance has no role at all. Rather than focusing solely on the absence of disease or infirmity, the World Health Organization defines health as "a condition of complete physical, mental, and social well-being."

How can you know if you qualify under that rubric? Your doctor is the ideal person to answer that question since he or she can assess your health in its whole. Nonetheless, INSIDER spoke with a doctor and a dietitian to understand more about the universal indicators of health. Eight red flags are listed below.

1. You eat when you're hungry and stop when you're full.

This easy practice is a defining characteristic of nutritious diets.

Despite its apparent simplicity, "it's remarkable how many of us don't do that," Dr. Cindy Geyer, a member of the True Health Initiative and the medical director of Canyon Ranch in Lenox, Massachusetts, told INSIDER. It's true that "we forget to eat, so we're famished, and then we eat a ton," but it's also true that "we eat mindlessly in front of the TV," or that "we eat in an emotional setting since it's how we self soothe."

Even dietitian Rachael Hartley echoed the importance of being in tune with one's physical needs.

She went on to say, "Trusting your own cues, not external ones, to select what and how much to eat is the hallmark of a healthy relationship with food." I always tell my customers, "Eat till you're satisfied, but not stuffed."

2. You're eating a varied diet rich in whole foods.

Hartley remarked, "When I look at individuals' eating patterns, I seek for a wide variety of foods, because a lot of diets exclude particular items."

She elaborated on the importance of eating a wide variety of foods to guarantee adequate intake of essential vitamins and minerals. This is especially so if you eat a lot of natural, unprocessed foods, which tend to be more nutrient-dense than processed foods.

Read More
https://medicalcaremedia.com/5-signs-that-indicate-you-are-very-healthy-even-if-you-dont-feel-like-it/

(1) (Reply)

Are You Proud To Be A Father? Post Picture Of Yourself With Your Kid(s). / California To Ban Sale Of Gas Powered Cars By 2035 / Relationship Goals I 12 Things To Avoid In A Relationship.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.