Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,492 members, 7,812,526 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:45 PM

Buhari: Presidency Is Tough, I Am Eager To Go - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari: Presidency Is Tough, I Am Eager To Go (38196 Views)

Buhari: "I Am Eager To Leave Office, I Want To Focus On My Farms" / Fani-kayode Names 8 Cabal Members Of Buhari’s Presidency / More on how Daura Plotted With Saraki To Embarrass The Buhari Presidency - SR (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari: Presidency Is Tough, I Am Eager To Go by adenigga(m): 1:39am On Jul 12, 2022
The President, Major General Muhammadu Buhari (retd.), Monday, described his seven years in office as “tough” saying “I am eager to go.”

This was as he called on the Academic Staff Union of Universities to consider the plight of the future generations of the country as the strike stretches into the fifth month.

According to a statement signed by his Senior Special Assistant on Media and Publicity, Garba Shehu, Buhari said this when he received some governors of the All Progressives Congress, legislators, and political leaders at his residence in Daura, Katsina State.

The statement is titled ‘Enough is enough, President Buhari tells ASUU, urges lecturers to consider generational consequences.’

Lamenting the toll his official duties have taken on him in the last seven years, President Buhari told the visiting governors and political leaders that he had not been to his house in Daura for close to a year due to the demands of office.

He said, “The observation that I abandoned my base was made by the Emir of Daura, Dr. Faruk Umar Faruk, at the eid prayer ground. He held the microphone and told everyone that the last time I was in Daura was during the Eid-el-Kabir of 2021.”

“In ten to eleven months time, I will come here. I have a better house in Kaduna, but it is too close to Abuja.”

The President explained that the schedule of work was much, saying he recently had to sympathise with the Minister of Foreign Affairs, Geoffrey Onyema, who had to be away most of the time from his family.

He claimed that relative to the resources available, and compared to the last administration, the government had done well in many areas, particularly in infrastructure.

“I am eager to go. I can tell you it has been tough. I am grateful to God that people appreciate the personal sacrifices we have been making. I wish the person who is coming after me the very best,” he said.

Addressing the now six-month ASUU strike that has crippled academic activities in public universities nationwide, the President appealed to lecturers to consider the effect of the strike on future generations.

Who’ll stop Nigeria’s eternal bleeding?
According to him, the strike had already taken a toll on the psychology of parents, students, and other stakeholders, throwing up many moral issues that already beg for attention. He said enough is enough.

While claiming that the government understands ASUU’s position, the President remarked, “We hope that ASUU will sympathise with the people on the prolonged strike. Truly, enough is enough for keeping students at home. Don’t hurt the next generation for goodness sake.”

He urged well-meaning Nigerians, particularly those close to the leaders and members of the association, to intervene in persuading the lecturers to reconsider their position and the ripple effect on an entire generation and the nation.

President Buhari said students from Nigerian universities are already handicapped in competing with their counterparts in a highly connected and technology-driven workspace, therefore, keeping them at home only deprives them of time, skill, and opportunities to be relevant on the global stage.

“Colonial type education was geared towards producing workers in government. Those jobs are no longer there. Our young people should get education to prepare them for self-employment. Now education is for the sake of education.

“Through technology, we are much more efficient. We should encourage our children to get education, not only to look for government jobs,” he added.

In his remarks, the Chairman of the Progressive Governors’ Forum, Governor Abubakar Bagudu of Kebbi State, assured the President that the governors would work to ensure the party’s success in next year’s elections.

He claimed that the roaring insecurity in the north has done little to the country’s food security, especially due to the “favorable seasons”.

“In spite of the attacks by the renegades, our country remains self-sufficient in food production. We have seen investments that were not there before you came into power.

“Not less than 20 states now have agriculture process zones. We have rice pyramids in Ekiti, Gombe, and Niger, while maize pyramids were revived in Katsina and Kano states,” he said.

APC Governors at the lunch with the President include; Aminu Masari of Katsina State, Nasir el-Rufai of Kaduna State, Hope Uzodinma of Imo State, Abdullahi Sule of Nasarawa State, Abubakar Bello of Niger State, Abdullahi Ganduje of Kano State, Dr. Fayemi Kayode of Ekiti State and Simon Lalong of Plateau State.
Source: https://punchng.com/Presidency-tough-I-am-eager-to-go-Buhari

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari: Presidency Is Tough, I Am Eager To Go by valentineuwakwe(m): 1:44am On Jul 12, 2022
GO where? see this one...ready to return to daura or simply bury you the second time!

145 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Buhari: Presidency Is Tough, I Am Eager To Go by YinkaOlusesi16(m): 1:48am On Jul 12, 2022
before 2015, when you went to visit jagaban in lagos, Shebi you are crying that you want to be nigeria president? so, why are you eager to go now?

359 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Buhari: Presidency Is Tough, I Am Eager To Go by MosakuAW(m): 1:54am On Jul 12, 2022
Presidency is tough after you have scattered everything patapata.

Eye oke bi eye mo

Eku oke bi eku mo

It was under Buahri regime, that I saw a video of a dog eating roasted corn.

What a failed president and a wasted 8 years.

500 Likes 36 Shares

Re: Buhari: Presidency Is Tough, I Am Eager To Go by tony0806: 2:08am On Jul 12, 2022
Sai Baba! Don Allah, ka ga ma abunda ka fara, ka fin ka ba ri gidan govmenti. Ni ma, na gaji

In God's name, finish what you started before you leave the government house. Me too, I'm stressed out

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari: Presidency Is Tough, I Am Eager To Go by kenzysmith: 2:10am On Jul 12, 2022
Sir abeg go now u don try ,enh u done try allow Osinbanjo to rule the remaining months we dey beg. Allow osinbajo rule small pity Nigerians small like the way Boris pity uk

410 Likes 34 Shares

Re: Buhari: Presidency Is Tough, I Am Eager To Go by kenzysmith: 2:17am On Jul 12, 2022
tony0806:
Sai Baba! Don Allah, ka ga ma abunda ka fara, ka fin ka ba ri gidan govmenti.

In God's name, finish what you started before you leave the government house
seun please check mental health before registering some people here. Who be this again?

130 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Buhari: Presidency Is Tough, I Am Eager To Go by Karlman: 2:18am On Jul 12, 2022
You will not be Missed!
And never again shall we have your kind on that seat!

276 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Buhari: Presidency Is Tough, I Am Eager To Go by Karlovych: 2:18am On Jul 12, 2022
embarassed From all of us at vulturebbqgrillz we are disappointed in your tenure despite your promises, our lives were made harder during your tenure compared to GEJ in such a way that even your zombie stipend became useless.

You promised to stabilize the economy but you turned it into a disaster like you did in the 1980s

You promised to end insecurity but it became worse such that even your convoy wasn't left out of their attacks.

Our students don't have a guarantee to graduate on time due to incessant strikes under your government

I have decided to become OBIdient in 2023 because affliction will never arise a second time

What we grill: vultures, lizard, centipedes, scorpions, serpent, all available @ affordable prices.

183 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Buhari: Presidency Is Tough, I Am Eager To Go by tony0806: 2:23am On Jul 12, 2022
kenzysmith:
seun please check mental health before registering some people here. Who be this again?

grin grin grin

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari: Presidency Is Tough, I Am Eager To Go by Praxis758: 2:31am On Jul 12, 2022
Mission accomplished.

After taking Nigeria from top to bottom.

111 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Buhari: Presidency Is Tough, I Am Eager To Go by Megabig: 2:35am On Jul 12, 2022
This government is just like a gathering of crooks, make them go abeg

55 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari: Presidency Is Tough, I Am Eager To Go by Maxymilliano(m): 3:47am On Jul 12, 2022
When you don't understand how the system works, this is what you get.

May this calamity never happen a second time

153 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Buhari: Presidency Is Tough, I Am Eager To Go by stabilizer: 4:03am On Jul 12, 2022
Doesn’t change the fact that there are 49 million Kangaroos in Australia and 3.5 million People in Uruguay which means if the Kangaroos were to invade Uruguay each person wll have to fight 14 kangaroos

37 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari: Presidency Is Tough, I Am Eager To Go by Ddeliverer007(m): 4:29am On Jul 12, 2022
Few years ago you were threatening blood on dog and baboon if you don’t become President, now you wan run?

We no blame you, na zombies wey vote you we blame.

108 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Buhari: Presidency Is Tough, I Am Eager To Go by inoki247: 4:39am On Jul 12, 2022
Nobody will rule Nigeria and is life will remain the same see Jonathan since he don go rest sef e don fresh...

Abeg I neva hear from Fashola lately with all him electricity no be rocket science speech baba don turn clueless...

The next person wey go enta if e no run mad na small e go remain cos Buhari don increase the damages with massive loan...

86 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari: Presidency Is Tough, I Am Eager To Go by Flora2Sweet: 4:43am On Jul 12, 2022
Presidency you almost killed yourself for, You contested 3times, just to give up after 7yrs....

Now u can't wait to go, But u no wan resign

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari: Presidency Is Tough, I Am Eager To Go by tafabaloo(m): 4:46am On Jul 12, 2022
Ok ooo
Re: Buhari: Presidency Is Tough, I Am Eager To Go by Nonybb: 5:00am On Jul 12, 2022
Let him resign immediately. I hate this man with PASSION

87 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari: Presidency Is Tough, I Am Eager To Go by Gadafii: 5:12am On Jul 12, 2022
This guy dragged us from God Abeg to God forbid cheesy

This guy took us to an all time low, make sure it would take us another 10 years to be back on track again, now he’s ready to go, go where ??

35 Likes

Re: Buhari: Presidency Is Tough, I Am Eager To Go by Totilopussylick(m): 5:20am On Jul 12, 2022
Nonybb:
Let him resign immediately. I hate this man with PASSION

Shaaatap.

Buhari barely knows you exist tongue

4 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Buhari: Presidency Is Tough, I Am Eager To Go by Totilopussylick(m): 5:22am On Jul 12, 2022
tony0806:
Sai Baba! Don Allah, ka ga ma abunda ka fara, ka fin ka ba ri gidan govmenti. Ni ma, na gaji

In God's name, finish what you started before you leave the government house. Me too, I'm stressed out

So because say Buhari said presidency ain't easy.

You come begin the speak in tongues tongue

Nawa for some people ooo tongue

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari: Presidency Is Tough, I Am Eager To Go by limeta(f): 5:22am On Jul 12, 2022
You made your self and family extremely rich
You can go we will be here

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari: Presidency Is Tough, I Am Eager To Go by another1: 5:23am On Jul 12, 2022
Major issue with apc led government is inexperienced of how to run governance

8 Likes

Re: Buhari: Presidency Is Tough, I Am Eager To Go by orisa37: 5:28am On Jul 12, 2022
GO.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari: Presidency Is Tough, I Am Eager To Go by hisexcellency34: 5:30am On Jul 12, 2022
Wehrey top to bottom

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari: Presidency Is Tough, I Am Eager To Go by orisa37: 5:31am On Jul 12, 2022
kenzysmith:
Sir abeg go now u don try ,enh u done try allow Osinbanjo to rule the remaining months we dey beg. Allow osinbajo rule small pity Nigerians small like the way Boris pity uk

COOOOORECT.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari: Presidency Is Tough, I Am Eager To Go by adenigga(m): 5:31am On Jul 12, 2022
orisa37:
GO.
Yes.....

2 Likes

Re: Buhari: Presidency Is Tough, I Am Eager To Go by saintvc(m): 5:32am On Jul 12, 2022
What Happened to resignation

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari: Presidency Is Tough, I Am Eager To Go by F117nighthawk: 5:36am On Jul 12, 2022
Yes because u are a complete failure, you do not deserve to even govern an ordinary local government.your performance says it all

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari: Presidency Is Tough, I Am Eager To Go by Brunosamel(m): 5:40am On Jul 12, 2022
This man had no plans for Nigerians he only wanted to answer Mr president just like the way Jagaban and Atiku are desperate and want to answer Mr president. They have zero vision and no plan for Nigerians if any of them win we don enter suffering pro Max

51 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari: Presidency Is Tough, I Am Eager To Go by dmostcheerful(f): 5:43am On Jul 12, 2022
Let him hand over to Osibanjo before his tenure ends, so we can have small fresh air, just in case Tinubu is rigged in next year.

25 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Governor Oyebanji Pays Courtesy Visit To His Wife, Ekiti First Lady / Militants Launch "Operation Crocodile Tears", Blow Another Oil Facility In Delta / Buhari’s Cabinet: Ambode, Bindow, Abubakar To Get Ministerial Appointments

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.