Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,420 members, 7,815,950 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:55 PM

Why Do African Brothers Abroad Discourage Others From Moving Abroad Too? - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why Do African Brothers Abroad Discourage Others From Moving Abroad Too? (43422 Views)

10 Things To Know Before Moving Abroad For Study - Nairalander Reveals. Photos / My Family Is Discouraging Me From Moving To UK / Dropping Refuse From Moving Vehicles Attracts N5000 Fine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do African Brothers Abroad Discourage Others From Moving Abroad Too? by Originalsly: 4:34pm On Jul 13, 2022
krissconnect:

Oh okay. Lagos is a land of so many opportunities. Well, if you can shelter yourself and feed yourself for sometimes, I will advise you leave the village. But please, plan yourself very well. With good plans, determination, hardwork, grace and contentment.. you will make it

What job opportunities in Lagos I can grab before my money runs out? I'm planning to do a little menial job like at a hotel or bank or will even take a guard job for the first two months. Is this a good plan?

1 Like

Re: Why Do African Brothers Abroad Discourage Others From Moving Abroad Too? by Billyddude: 4:37pm On Jul 13, 2022
Originalsly:

Hmmmm..... so you are discouraging me? ... is it you are just jealous?... afraid that I may be successful while you are not?

Lol...jealous u kwa...please find the nearest osondu motors make u begin come lag..no vax.

14 Likes

Re: Why Do African Brothers Abroad Discourage Others From Moving Abroad Too? by ednut1(m): 4:47pm On Jul 13, 2022
Raregem9000:
You maybe right and i wouldn't have been pained if this was what he told me. Imagine him saying it's not easy there that i should invest my money into any business in Nigeria and he's over there making the dough. Lol Some people no just want others reach where dem dey. That's just it.
not everyone can tell you their reality where they are. Your entitlement is funny. No one can stop really if you wan travel. There are ladies who married abroad men thinking they had money or were balling. They they reached abroad and see say na packaging and the man no get good thing doing over there. You cant blame your cousin like i say. The route he used 10 years ago fit don cast. Lets say he brings u over . Houses you then you use fake papers to work. What if it casts and they come arrest both of you

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do African Brothers Abroad Discourage Others From Moving Abroad Too? by Raregem9000(m): 5:00pm On Jul 13, 2022
Bro, this man already asked me if i have enough money that would sustain me when i come over and i told him yes. I'm sure he was expecting me to say No, so that he could rubbish me with that. I even went ahead and told him i could print out my statement of account for him to see. After i told him that, he now said i should use the money i have with me to start up a business instead of coming there. I planned to just live with him for sometime while we both pay for the house bills before sorting out myself but the man no gree. He started saying he would report me to my parents that i no dey calm down. You know stuffs like that now. I just bone am since then
ednut1:
not everyone can tell you their reality where they are. Your entitlement is funny. No one can stop really if you wan travel. There are ladies who married abroad men thinking they had money or were balling. They they reached abroad and see say na packaging and the man no get good thing doing over there. You cant blame your cousin like i say. The route he used 10 years ago fit don cast. Lets say he brings u over . Houses you then you use fake papers to work. What if it casts and they come arrest both of you

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do African Brothers Abroad Discourage Others From Moving Abroad Too? by GeneralDae: 5:43pm On Jul 13, 2022
Raregem9000:
Bro, this man already asked me if i have enough money that would sustain me when i come over and i told him yes. I'm sure he was expecting me to say No, so that he could rubbish me with that. I even went ahead and told him i could print out my statement of account for him to see. After i told him that, he now said i should use the money i have with me to start up a business instead of coming there. I planned to just live with him for sometime while we both pay for the house bills before sorting out myself but the man no gree. He started saying he would report me to my parents that i no dey calm down. You know stuffs like that now. I just bone am since then
The problem is : How do you plan to sort out yourself? Probably your cousin knows it is not as easy or straightforward as you think, except you are highly skilled.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do African Brothers Abroad Discourage Others From Moving Abroad Too? by Originalsly: 5:59pm On Jul 13, 2022
Billyddude:

Lol...jealous u kwa...please find the nearest osondu motors make u begin come lag..no vax.

Good!... this is what you should be telling me! .... I know a lot of people that left village and did very well in Lagos .... [s] and I know even more that be sufferingin Lagos ... and ones that be living like strays under bridge and in unfinished/houses [/s] . I'm on my way! Ehmmm.... can I rest by you?... only for a few days. We should help each other .... you never know what will be your situation tomorrow. grin

8 Likes

Re: Why Do African Brothers Abroad Discourage Others From Moving Abroad Too? by int0x80(m): 4:08am On Jul 14, 2022
The problem is that a lot of people have helped and ended up being put into troubles. If you want to travel abroad now, either go through education or you've a job already. Time has past when illegal immigrants survived easily in abroad. If you really want to travel outside Nigeria, forget friends and chart your own path.

24 Likes

Re: Why Do African Brothers Abroad Discourage Others From Moving Abroad Too? by GeneralPula: 2:09pm On Jul 15, 2022
It’s harder to make it over there than in Nigeria, except you’re extremely lucky..

Bills too much. My brother stays in Texas. He lived inside trailer for more 10 years before being able to secure an affordable home

Life became more easy when he met his baby mama, a Latina from Brazil. Both working and helping each other which makes it more easy..

Now, if I wanna travel there, it won’t be very hard for me to navigate, unlike somebody that has nobody living there..

Some other things I can’t talk about. Reality is it’s not easy anywhere around the world except you’re extremely lucky..

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Do African Brothers Abroad Discourage Others From Moving Abroad Too? by naijamerican: 2:10pm On Jul 15, 2022
krissconnect:
These past weeks, I've been reaching out to my friends who are abroad to help me with links or advices to move abroad too. But I discovered that none of them decided to help, instead they discouraged me either by saying, "it's difficult to move now or the country isn't issuing visa now".

One of my guy in CANADA defiantly ignored my text when I asked him for links or the route he used to move, the other in Korea said the country isn't issuing visa now but he recently moved back and another directly said that it's very hard to get visas now to travel. But one Asian American in the States gave me lots of links to move to the State and even encouraged me to move.

But then I don't understand why our African brothers over there will never encourage or advice someone willing to move. Is it envy or greediness or what? I've never had any of my guy abroad encourage me to move when I asked for advice. If things are difficult over there, why not come home?

NB: I never asked them for fund cos the money is available.

Stop trying to japa and vote Peter OBI. If you vote Tinibu or atiku may god prevent you from ever leaving this self imposed shythole

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do African Brothers Abroad Discourage Others From Moving Abroad Too? by ShenTeh(m): 2:10pm On Jul 15, 2022
You have been speaking with the wrong brothers. Sure.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do African Brothers Abroad Discourage Others From Moving Abroad Too? by CommonSense1967: 2:13pm On Jul 15, 2022
Because it's only people who have never left their villages who always think that everything is just rosy outside the country.
It's when finally travel that you'll realize that it's not all gravy.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Do African Brothers Abroad Discourage Others From Moving Abroad Too? by Memeni(m): 2:14pm On Jul 15, 2022
Because Africans and in particular Nigerians are greedy, wicked, and stingy and filled with jealousy. The heart of Nigerians are desperately wicked to their fellow Africans that's why you hear them saying "don't come to America or Canada because it's snowy, it's cold" and all manner of gibberish but they themselves will never switch places with you if you present them with that choice or help others to migrate from the gutter to a civilized society. Rubbish

18 Likes

Re: Why Do African Brothers Abroad Discourage Others From Moving Abroad Too? by Enumerator(m): 2:14pm On Jul 15, 2022
For your mind

I'm sure you are below 20 with this your comment which tells you know nothing about abroad
ednut1:
bank manager didn’t relocate legally hence the sweeping job. If she has papers they would have at least given her banking officer job somewhere in the country

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do African Brothers Abroad Discourage Others From Moving Abroad Too? by casualobserver: 2:15pm On Jul 15, 2022
jesmond3945:
because they dont want you to come and share jobs with them or become a burden to them. Thats the problem with Nigerian community in abroad. Look at the uk skilled thread, they dont even give people links when they land a job.

With your kind of mindset, I’m not surprised they don’t answer you. The truth is you people think because someone is abroad they can solve your problems, they can’t. Most people are abroad are trying to sort themselves out.

Because a man is abroad does not mean he can get you a visa or a job so what exactly is it you expect him to do for you?

19 Likes

Re: Why Do African Brothers Abroad Discourage Others From Moving Abroad Too? by olaolaking: 2:15pm On Jul 15, 2022
krissconnect:

Damn it's so saddening. When there might be a lot of jobs?
My friend in Australia is seeking for advice from me if he should come back

9 Likes

Re: Why Do African Brothers Abroad Discourage Others From Moving Abroad Too? by tuzle(m): 2:15pm On Jul 15, 2022
TiredHuman:
They know that it is not easy there too
it isn't easy anywhere, but an hardworking person would surely make it there especially the popular countries. Those people that are working for more than 9hrs here and are earning less than 100k if they were abroad, they will earn far better than this and live a more comfortable life than they do here. My friend in Germany was able to build his house, buy a car and still live comfortable there in less than 3years, but when he was in Nigeria earning like 130k he couldn't do the same

15 Likes

Re: Why Do African Brothers Abroad Discourage Others From Moving Abroad Too? by Annie001: 2:16pm On Jul 15, 2022
TiredHuman:
If they come back, they know they will be asked unwanted and uncomfortable questions. I know of a bank manager who sold her properties to travel overseas. When she got there, the only job she was offered was to sweep the roads. She couldn't come back because of the amount of ridicule she would face here
Are you related to lie Mohammed?
This your lies they burst brain angry

2 Likes

Re: Why Do African Brothers Abroad Discourage Others From Moving Abroad Too? by lexy2014: 2:17pm On Jul 15, 2022
Greatzeus:

Because they have been hit with the reality of life over there. In contrast to the dreams of flashiness they thought they were going to meet
See bro,you might travel and things will work for you easily than they told you,that doesn't mean they were lying or trying to discourage you,they were just being sincere.

If they have been hit by the reality, why not come back to Nigeria?

6 Likes

Re: Why Do African Brothers Abroad Discourage Others From Moving Abroad Too? by naija4life247: 2:18pm On Jul 15, 2022
Hatred and Jealousy
Re: Why Do African Brothers Abroad Discourage Others From Moving Abroad Too? by frankson1(m): 2:18pm On Jul 15, 2022
DannyFX2638:
this is where the problem is .
Most people refuse to come back not because of they don't want to , They are afraid of how the society will see them ..

Imagine telling your guys that you are going to Canada then after some months , You come empty handed .. haaa .. You reason am nahh..

Ordinary your village you day go , u go buy full bag.. Make them no go see you as failure , How much more Overseas?

Perfect response.

The shame of returning back empty after so much expectations from their people is what's keeping them. If it's too bad, they cut off every connections back home.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do African Brothers Abroad Discourage Others From Moving Abroad Too? by Dunamai86(m): 2:19pm On Jul 15, 2022
Let's talk!
Re: Why Do African Brothers Abroad Discourage Others From Moving Abroad Too? by shogsman(m): 2:20pm On Jul 15, 2022
Because you lots think abroad is heaven or something and you don't know the reality of what awaits you, it is when you reach here that you start complaining about gun shots everyday and excessive bills that is not allowing you save up, racism and shit. Talking about USA in particular

16 Likes

Re: Why Do African Brothers Abroad Discourage Others From Moving Abroad Too? by lexy2014: 2:20pm On Jul 15, 2022
GeneralPula:
It’s harder to make it over there than in Nigeria, except you’re extremely lucky..

Is that so? Where did the nigerians abroad see the $19.2b they sent to Nigeria in 2021?

18 Likes

Re: Why Do African Brothers Abroad Discourage Others From Moving Abroad Too? by maziude: 2:20pm On Jul 15, 2022
krissconnect:
These past weeks, I've been reaching out to my friends who are abroad to help me with links or advices to move abroad too. But I discovered that none of them decided to help, instead they discouraged me either by saying, "it's difficult to move now or the country isn't issuing visa now".

One of my guy in CANADA defiantly ignored my text when I asked him for links or the route he used to move, the other in Korea said the country isn't issuing visa now but he recently moved back and another directly said that it's very hard to get visas now to travel. But one Asian American in the States gave me lots of links to move to the State and even encouraged me to move.

But then I don't understand why our African brothers over there will never encourage or advice someone willing to move. Is it envy or greediness or what? I've never had any of my guy abroad encourage me to move when I asked for advice. If things are difficult over there, why not come home?

NB: I never asked them for fund cos the money is available.

The problem here is your dependence on them for links to travel when everything is seemingly available online and even on nairaland.

There are numerous links and posts on nairaland that give you more information on the countries you mentioned.

Even posts relating to lifestyle and how to survive are also available too.

16 Likes

Re: Why Do African Brothers Abroad Discourage Others From Moving Abroad Too? by faceland: 2:20pm On Jul 15, 2022
They are secured over there and don't want problem. If you go, you become a dependent and LINKED to them.

They also know it's not as easy as you think. If condition makes you to commit crime, they would LINK you to them.

Go on your own and when you get there, you too would tell others to stay behind and build Nigeria.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do African Brothers Abroad Discourage Others From Moving Abroad Too? by northbird: 2:20pm On Jul 15, 2022
olaolaking:
My friend in Australia is seeking for advice from me if he should come back

If he has legal papers, why should he bother coming back?

1 Like

Re: Why Do African Brothers Abroad Discourage Others From Moving Abroad Too? by maziude: 2:20pm On Jul 15, 2022
lexy2014:

Is that so? Where did the nigerians abroad see the $19.2b they sent to Nigeria in 2021?

Leave am make he Dey talk.

5 Likes

Re: Why Do African Brothers Abroad Discourage Others From Moving Abroad Too? by Theunbothered: 2:22pm On Jul 15, 2022
Not everyone is supposed to be abroad, some of you are senseless and will ruin the place if given the chance.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do African Brothers Abroad Discourage Others From Moving Abroad Too? by Banbanna(m): 2:22pm On Jul 15, 2022
Don't see this as the norm, but as something relative. It depends on the individual, it's not always the case. But perhaps mostly.

My ol' school friend even got disappointed with me after urging me around early 2021 to come to the UK by putting in for a master's degree program. Saying that I could work even while schooling. I got interested but things haven't fallen in place for me currently.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Tipper Crushes Man To Death In Cameroon (Graphic Photos) / South African Student Missed The Russian Plane Which Crashed With No Survivor / Nigeria's Airport Revolution In Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.