Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,080 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:44 AM

Why Do African Brothers Abroad Discourage Others From Moving Abroad Too? - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why Do African Brothers Abroad Discourage Others From Moving Abroad Too? (43438 Views)

10 Things To Know Before Moving Abroad For Study - Nairalander Reveals. Photos / My Family Is Discouraging Me From Moving To UK / Dropping Refuse From Moving Vehicles Attracts N5000 Fine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do African Brothers Abroad Discourage Others From Moving Abroad Too? by olaolaking: 2:23pm On Jul 15, 2022
northbird:

If he has legal papers, why should he bother coming back?
He has legal paper. He is not doing so bad but if he has what he has there here, he will enjoy life more.

Apart from infrastructures. Don't places are not really better

2 Likes

Re: Why Do African Brothers Abroad Discourage Others From Moving Abroad Too? by Lonepair1: 2:23pm On Jul 15, 2022
Annie001:

Are you related to lie Mohammed?
This your lies they burst brain angry
that's the fact.. most people don't come back because of shame

3 Likes

Re: Why Do African Brothers Abroad Discourage Others From Moving Abroad Too? by SeriouslySense(m): 2:24pm On Jul 15, 2022
Let charity start at home first.

IF you do not even love your family, so forget it.

Memeni:
Because Africans and in particular Nigerians are greedy, wicked, and stingy and filled with jealousy. The heart of Nigerians are desperately wicked to their fellow Africans that's why you hear them saying "don't come to America or Canada because it's snowy, it's cold" and all manner of gibberish but they themselves will never switch places with you if you present them with that choice or help others to migrate from the gutter to a civilized society. Rubbish

1 Like

Re: Why Do African Brothers Abroad Discourage Others From Moving Abroad Too? by casualobserver: 2:24pm On Jul 15, 2022
lexy2014:

Is that so? Where did the nigerians abroad see the $19.2b they sent to Nigeria in 2021?

Fraud, drugs and the odd $100, $200, $500, $1000 the millions of legitimate Nigerians send home to their families

There are estimated to be between 5 and 15million Nigerians abroad. Every Nigerian sends money home at some point every year because we are a people rooted in family. The fact that a man is struggling abroad not not stop him sending money to his parents in Nigeria. He just doesn’t doesn’t have money for you!!!

10 Likes

Re: Why Do African Brothers Abroad Discourage Others From Moving Abroad Too? by JohnBullMySon: 2:24pm On Jul 15, 2022
krissconnect:
These past weeks, I've been reaching out to my friends who are abroad to help me with links or advices to move abroad too. But I discovered that none of them decided to help, instead they discouraged me either by saying, "it's difficult to move now or the country isn't issuing visa now".

One of my guy in CANADA defiantly ignored my text when I asked him for links or the route he used to move, the other in Korea said the country isn't issuing visa now but he recently moved back and another directly said that it's very hard to get visas now to travel. But one Asian American in the States gave me lots of links to move to the State and even encouraged me to move.

But then I don't understand why our African brothers over there will never encourage or advice someone willing to move. Is it envy or greediness or what? I've never had any of my guy abroad encourage me to move when I asked for advice. If things are difficult over there, why not come home?

NB: I never asked them for fund cos the money is available.
Everyone spoke from their perspective. Lemme be honest with you, the Nigerian guys do not hate you. They just know that over 90% of Nigerians who spend money trying to figure out ways to leave Nigeria will get denied.

The Asian American obviously is from one of those countries that are even encouraged to emigrate. People from Europe and First world Asia find it easy as hell. The guy simply assuming it would be a walkover because it was for him. He probably has a good job as well thus it's easy for him to tell you to move. The Nigerians who are not finding it easy are many so very few will tell you fantasies.

18 Likes

Re: Why Do African Brothers Abroad Discourage Others From Moving Abroad Too? by Raymeg7(m): 2:25pm On Jul 15, 2022
krissconnect:
These past weeks, I've been reaching out to my friends who are abroad to help me with links or advices to move abroad too. But I discovered that none of them decided to help, instead they discouraged me either by saying, "it's difficult to move now or the country isn't issuing visa now".

One of my guy in CANADA defiantly ignored my text when I asked him for links or the route he used to move, the other in Korea said the country isn't issuing visa now but he recently moved back and another directly said that it's very hard to get visas now to travel. But one Asian American in the States gave me lots of links to move to the State and even encouraged me to move.

But then I don't understand why our African brothers over there will never encourage or advice someone willing to move. Is it envy or greediness or what? I've never had any of my guy abroad encourage me to move when I asked for advice. If things are difficult over there, why not come home?

brother I beg send me some of the link, I wan move from this dam place
Re: Why Do African Brothers Abroad Discourage Others From Moving Abroad Too? by humberjade: 2:25pm On Jul 15, 2022
Never for once have I experienced power failure, shey na better health care we wan mention, or as I walk freely anytime of the day without fear (leave home for work 3am fearlessly), no police harassment, no banditry or armed robbery. Although you can't rule out pockets of these crimes, but it has never happened to me. So in all ramifications, living abroad (better countries o) outweighs living in naija right now. But sha, there is no place like home, nah naija you fit truly flex your wealth wey you gather abroad.

Whenever you move, just make sure it is done legitimately. Bro, you don't want to end up as an illegal immigrant (i.e, over staying). I would suggest you move to whatever country you want to move to as a student; that's the easiest way to migrate these days, others are tedious and expensive. Except of course you are in the medical line. Just be sure to have some sellable skills, preferably IT related, or basic skills like manicure and pedicure, barbing and hair dressing (just that all my female friends dey rock low cut now grin). Don't travel empty without a skill. And pray for divine favour too.

Now, those who are discouraging you have their different reasons for doing so. For example, on the streets of Berlin for example, I daily run into some of our African people on different stages of madness. While some are making it, some aren't so fortunate, and when one succumbs to the frustration, insanity sets in.

Whichever country you enter, make sure you are legit, pray that God directs your path to meet people that would direct your path (show you the way), don't get carried away, hustle when you still have strength in your bones, find time to blow off steam at interval, and with God on your side, it will be all smiles down the road.

I was fortunate to land in the hands of kind people, who despite what they went through before settling down, welcomed me with both arms and showed me the way. Without them, it would have been hell. And I also met people who didn't want to help, one even said he went through hell, as such, we too should follow the same process, imagine! undecided

I wish you the very best in your quest to relocate abroad. Don't be discouraged. smiley

34 Likes

Re: Why Do African Brothers Abroad Discourage Others From Moving Abroad Too? by infortech(m): 2:26pm On Jul 15, 2022
the same thing happens to people who work in the bank, they will discouraged you while dey are still working dia.

1 Like

Re: Why Do African Brothers Abroad Discourage Others From Moving Abroad Too? by GloriousGbola: 2:26pm On Jul 15, 2022
krissconnect:

1) they haven't found their feet
2) they don't see you as a guy with required discipline.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do African Brothers Abroad Discourage Others From Moving Abroad Too? by fredoooooo: 2:27pm On Jul 15, 2022
okeysoninv:
there is this one guy, that lives in Germany , he returned back after many years in Germany with cool money . just a year of him staying in Nigeria he realized Nigeria is tougher than abroad . quickly he ran back to Germany . ok, anyone telling you Nigeria is better is a liar .
Nigeria is better if yiu have the money and you're in the system.
If youve lived abroad( Germany, swiss ,Scandinavians,Russia, Uk , Us , canada , Australia, etc) for years and not italy or france( advance Africa) and those useless european countries o . You will find it very difficult to integrate back into the African system because of the mindsets...

4 Likes

Re: Why Do African Brothers Abroad Discourage Others From Moving Abroad Too? by AsawanaDgreat: 2:28pm On Jul 15, 2022
No matter how hard it is in abroad is better than naija

2 Likes

Re: Why Do African Brothers Abroad Discourage Others From Moving Abroad Too? by GeneralPula: 2:28pm On Jul 15, 2022
lexy2014:

Is that so? Where did the nigerians abroad see the $19.2b they sent to Nigeria in 2021?

Don’t you know people who are into illegals are also among those that sent money to Nigeria?

I won’t be surprise if yahoo boys are among those people self cuz they do sent money across too..

Besides that, don’t believe everything you read or see on media bro. It’s full of dirty tricks..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do African Brothers Abroad Discourage Others From Moving Abroad Too? by na2016: 2:28pm On Jul 15, 2022
jesmond3945:
because they dont want you to come and share jobs with them or become a burden to them. Thats the problem with Nigerian community in abroad. Look at the uk skilled thread, they dont even give people links when they land a job.

Abroad isn't really easy. It is not meant for everyone. If you have a good job in Naija, stay there.

7 Likes

Re: Why Do African Brothers Abroad Discourage Others From Moving Abroad Too? by Nobody: 2:29pm On Jul 15, 2022
ednut1:
bank manager didn’t relocate legally hence the sweeping job. If she has papers they would have at least given her banking officer job somewhere in the country

grin Yeah, the President or Prime Minister will also come and meet her at the airport. Roll down the red carpet for her.

1 Like

Re: Why Do African Brothers Abroad Discourage Others From Moving Abroad Too? by Akramblitz(m): 2:31pm On Jul 15, 2022
I understand the situation totally. Our enemies of progress are not far fetched, they are those whom we think we know or very close to.

However, if you want to go abroad and you have funds as you claimed.
I have a little information that can help you navigate your way. Strictly as a student not for relocation purpose. Meanwhile, you can do it later.

I'm not an immigration agent. Just trying to add value.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do African Brothers Abroad Discourage Others From Moving Abroad Too? by PROPEACE: 2:31pm On Jul 15, 2022
TiredHuman:
Not the exact amount but it is barely enough for her
What makes you think sweeping the road in any country can earn you a descent wage in any country? You people are ridiculous.

6 Likes

Re: Why Do African Brothers Abroad Discourage Others From Moving Abroad Too? by rickleye: 2:31pm On Jul 15, 2022
jesmond3945:
because they dont want you to come and share jobs with them or become a burden to them. Thats the problem with Nigerian community in abroad. Look at the uk skilled thread, they dont even give people links when they land a job.

It is not the Issue . There are jobs, well more unskilled than skilled jobs , the unemployment rate is going down. There is no way to sincerely communicate that it is not easy to replicate the lifestyle in Nigeria over there. Things work but cost money. You pay taxes as high as 30%. You have to make sure that you save money for the rainy day for your Old age .
You also need to have a hustling spirit. So they would not help you, lest you say " Why didn't you tell me things are this hard ' ? however, if by your sweat you happen to cross over - good for you. They will open up and be chummy to a degree.
We all have or know of friends who have relatives who could easily sponsor them, they have refused to move over. They send their wives & Kids abroad yet work and " flex " in Nigeria. There are many things you can get away with being black in Nigeria than elsewhere.
Plus they dont want you to be a burden on them. My 2 cents

7 Likes

Re: Why Do African Brothers Abroad Discourage Others From Moving Abroad Too? by Fiscus105(m): 2:31pm On Jul 15, 2022
krissconnect:

If ur own refused did it means all other African relatives do that?
Re: Why Do African Brothers Abroad Discourage Others From Moving Abroad Too? by SeriouslySense(m): 2:31pm On Jul 15, 2022
Living abroad is not easy, you need to be highly skilled, people need to be cooperative, very calm and organized, Indians and other nationalities, help each other with information, they create business and employ Indians, they share houses and house rent, they have the ability to live without conflicts. Not Nigerians, it will be one drama or another, and its not easy living with a Nigerian with mental problems.

Indians have the ability to also help each other in skills and education they are very cooperative and calm to each other, not Nigerians.

Indians will help themselves in school research, in work skills, and discovery, they cooperate and share task and help each other out, although they are becoming more western and are beginning to prefer living as an individual.

Indians build themselves up, they move with grace and they are everywhere, they are becoming majority in Canada too. The major companies have Indians at the top.

And times have changed, the opportunities abroad is becoming less, the worlds economy is not smiling, So its better to build our Nation. It is not easy, better face Nigeria and help each other out to build each one up and together, charity begins at home. Don't be used by evil politicians. Don't be greedy, focus on development and building.

When too much Nigerians go abroad with their mad attitudes, they are noticed, and it becomes harder for other reasonable people to come and do something meaningful.

Just look at Dubai, the Nigerian men began to do bokoharam, cultism and armed robbery, we have bad eggs that dont have value, they take mental problems to other places. They are not interested in adding value only valuence. smiley smiley smiley, Charity begins at home, so if mental problems are greatly reduced and addressed it will help us at home first and outside

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do African Brothers Abroad Discourage Others From Moving Abroad Too? by kunkelhanspeter(m): 2:31pm On Jul 15, 2022
okeysoninv:
did she also told you amount she earns sweeping the roads
The amount is nothing there bro after paying your bills you will be living pay check to pay check
Living to survive not to be financially free.
I have a good friend in Germany Bro e no easy for them I wanted to travel but I don’t see myself staying there 5-10 years before coming back because you will need paper to come back.
Many will advise born first before traveling because you might never have the opportunity to do that in Nigeria in 5-10 years imagine if you are 31 like me and travel just for get about kids .

6 Likes

Re: Why Do African Brothers Abroad Discourage Others From Moving Abroad Too? by RainValley: 2:32pm On Jul 15, 2022
olaolaking:
My friend in Australia is seeking for advice from me if he should come back
Tell him to return, we will welcome him and give him PVC to vote out this evil regime.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do African Brothers Abroad Discourage Others From Moving Abroad Too? by lexy2014: 2:32pm On Jul 15, 2022
casualobserver:

Fraud, drugs and the odd $100, $200, $500, $1000 the millions of legitimate Nigerians send home to their families

There are estimates to be between 5 and 15million Nigerians abroad. Every Nigerian sends money home at some point every year because we are a people rooted in family. The fact that a man is struggling abroad not not stop him sending money to his parents in Nigeria. He just doesn’t doesn’t have money for you!!!

What percentage of the $19.2b does drugs and fraud contribute?
Re: Why Do African Brothers Abroad Discourage Others From Moving Abroad Too? by Zealoy(m): 2:33pm On Jul 15, 2022
The very first week my elder brother travelled abroad, he told me that if there's anything i can do to leave Nigeria that i should do it.

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Do African Brothers Abroad Discourage Others From Moving Abroad Too? by damosky12(m): 2:33pm On Jul 15, 2022
ednut1:
bank manager didn’t relocate legally hence the sweeping job. If she has papers they would have at least given her banking officer job somewhere in the country

grin abobi. No be so o. Someone without foreign education or UK work experience or connection land banking job there? Fear God na...

6 Likes

Re: Why Do African Brothers Abroad Discourage Others From Moving Abroad Too? by lexy2014: 2:33pm On Jul 15, 2022
GeneralPula:

Don’t you know people who are into illegals are also among those that sent money to Nigeria?

I won’t be surprise if yahoo boys are among those people self cuz they do sent money across too..

Besides that, don’t believe everything you read or see on media bro. It’s full of dirty tricks..

What percentage of the $19.2b does "illegals" contribute?
Re: Why Do African Brothers Abroad Discourage Others From Moving Abroad Too? by sukkot: 2:33pm On Jul 15, 2022
lexy2014:

only one man in nigeria made all that amount last year. dangote . 20 billion dollars

Re: Why Do African Brothers Abroad Discourage Others From Moving Abroad Too? by Fiscus105(m): 2:34pm On Jul 15, 2022
Greatzeus:

Because they have been hit with the reality of life over there. In contrast to the dreams of flashiness they thought they were going to meet
See bro,you might travel and things will work for you easily than they told you,that doesn't mean they were lying or trying to discourage you,they were just being sincere.

True talk, so many find it difficult to find their way out, many dnt want to come owing to shame and nothing else, and some didn't want to come because they sold family property already. How will they face siblings?

1 Like

Re: Why Do African Brothers Abroad Discourage Others From Moving Abroad Too? by damosky12(m): 2:34pm On Jul 15, 2022
Originalsly:

Playing devil's advocate.... yes.... I can weave baskets very well..... and very good at plucking chickens. I'm also a logger .... very large trees I can
cut down all by myself. How can you help me to relocate to Lagos?

I see what you did there.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do African Brothers Abroad Discourage Others From Moving Abroad Too? by blasterman(m): 2:35pm On Jul 15, 2022
krissconnect:

Most of the ppl living abroad face alot of mental totture they wont wish on their worst enemy.

The money the system gives you they collect it back in form of bills taxes etc

You left with little to nothing.

The feeling of being a 2nd class citizen even with passport and all

Most ppl abroad will return back if Nigeria was in a good shape and they have crossed a point of no return.

But ppl wey never go no go understand

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do African Brothers Abroad Discourage Others From Moving Abroad Too? by AnthonyAk(m): 2:35pm On Jul 15, 2022
jesmond3945:

It’s hard everywhere, it’s not like when we were younger weren’t can say come and squat in my place till you find ur feet.

One’s Canadian experience will greatly be determined by what one studied in school here. If you come here with a back door it’s back door things you will be doing your entire time.

If you come here correctly with the right resources , you will enjoy it and settle nicely

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Tipper Crushes Man To Death In Cameroon (Graphic Photos) / South African Student Missed The Russian Plane Which Crashed With No Survivor / Aero Contractors Passengers Taking Refuge Under The Aircraft In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.