Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,070 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:57 AM

Why Do African Brothers Abroad Discourage Others From Moving Abroad Too? - Travel (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why Do African Brothers Abroad Discourage Others From Moving Abroad Too? (43437 Views)

10 Things To Know Before Moving Abroad For Study - Nairalander Reveals. Photos / My Family Is Discouraging Me From Moving To UK / Dropping Refuse From Moving Vehicles Attracts N5000 Fine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do African Brothers Abroad Discourage Others From Moving Abroad Too? by tshtsh: 1:39am On Jul 25, 2022
AlphaTaikun:

London-based Nigerians have taxes and bills to pay hence the grouchiness. Lol... grin

Your aunt's treatment of her friend is simply stellar and shows she has a commanding presence.

Yep high cost of living plays a role in all this. In fact these days household income is the keyword in these western countries. Man and woman need to be earning

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do African Brothers Abroad Discourage Others From Moving Abroad Too? by Tunibaba: 9:19am On Jul 25, 2022
ednut1:
jealous of There are many countries not issuing visas to Nigerians. When last did you see anyone going to usa on visit visa when compared to like 4 years ago.If you think they are lying go to the embassy website and apply. Person fit dey suffer abroad and u expect them to tell you to come . Can a nigerian get work permit in dubai today No. Some countries in Europe have quota for Nigeria study visa these days. What if you friend went when there was no quota. No one owes you anything. Find your own way
“No one owes you anything. Find your way” ✍�✍�✍�
Re: Why Do African Brothers Abroad Discourage Others From Moving Abroad Too? by zanshi: 1:58pm On Jul 28, 2022
Originalsly:
@ OP.... if you live in Lagos.... what advice would you give someone who is doing pretty good in the village but wants to sell out and move to Lagos? .... someone who has never been to Lagos before?

Do something you can invest in and bring to Lagos to sell i.e Food

Snail
Plantain
Cucumber

1 Like

Re: Why Do African Brothers Abroad Discourage Others From Moving Abroad Too? by Turanimash: 10:53pm On Jul 30, 2022
Operation help identify Fraudulent Travel Agency

His name Odafe Destiny Obera!!!!…..I discovered he is pretty young
He resides in SUNDAY E’S HOUSE AIBOTSE QTRS, BEHIND AIBOTSE PRIMARY SCHOOL, AUCHI, EDO STATE

First Travel and Tours
Instagram handle;firsttravels1

I got involved with him and realized his was scam.

Here is a fraud incidence of which I was a victim of it, I got the flyers of a travel agency from my aunt, of which I called, inquired and told him to send details of application, requested for his picture and also asked that he sent me his drivers licence,of which he did.
I transferred over N1M naira to him based on his request to process my transaction…and almost at the end of it when he started to suspect him, I stopped giving more money of which he said he was working with an immigration lawyer to help Process my PR through provincial normination, and told me to register for IELTS too.
I noticed that his social media page are still actively running without any hindrance and this is dangerous to the society too as others may be victimized.

Find below relevant attachment of the fake drivers licence he sent to me and the picture of himself he sent to me which may be a false picture too.

I need to find him and there is a cash price of 200k to whoever is able to help me locate him.

1 Share

Re: Why Do African Brothers Abroad Discourage Others From Moving Abroad Too? by femijay8271(m): 10:25am On Aug 04, 2022
tshtsh:

Lol I applied for canadian PR via express entry by reading the contents of the official canadian immigration website and that was sufficient for me. I still prefer that over asking Nigerians in Canada because I learnt long ago how people (my naija people) tend to change once they get to the west. For instance I have a friend who has been in canada for more than 10 years and stayed at my place a few times he visited naija. On one occasion he was visiting and I had just moved to a new apartment with little resources after spending on agency fee/rent/installations and all. There was a vacant room in my house but it had no furniture in it but I ordered a bedframe from konga and bought a foam from mouka. I also bought an AC and installed in the room so he'll be comfortable. He stayed with me as he usually does

Fast-forward I told him I was trying to get a PR but didnt ask him for assistance . More like I informed him. When PR came through I mentioned also but told him I have almost one year before the COPR document will expire thus I will take my time and try to get a job so I wont need to spend out of my savings or sell anything. 6 weeks after my passport was delivered I secured a job and messaged him that I'll be coming and need a place to spend the first two weeks. His response was that he had a long day and suggested we should talk about this the next day. For me this feedback was enough to know that I needed to make an alternative plan. Again thank God for good savings and air bnb . We eventually spoke the next day but he said his house was full but if I could hang and delay trip for two months his friend will move out and I can come. He also said his friend paid him $1000 monthly to stay with him and I can also pay same lol. See why I said information online is more sure as I know how my naija people are when they leave naija. They can be suspicious of almost everyone.

Bottomline the person that housed me for the initial two weeks was my neighbour many years ago who I hadn't seen or spoken to for more than 10 years. The guy even came to pick me from the airport on a workday. I looked for his number when I needed a favour from him and I felt bad because since 2009 I had never asked about him or even made effort to contact him. I relearnt about how unpredictable life can be lol. During my stay at his place I always insisted on paying for the groceries when we went to the market. I earned my first salary while in his house and took him out that day all bills on me lol.

My brother the story is the same in england or USA. I guess the pressure of the western society and suspicion about people back home makes them behave this way. But for me I learnt about this in 2008 when I was going to study outside nigeria for the first time. My dad handed me some money and told me to manage my finances very well while reminding me that friendship and family system in the west is different from in Nigeria. He told me stories about his days as a PhD student in USA and how the support system was non-existent in the western world compared to nigeria. He told me nobody will give me $1 and I got used to it.

So I'll summarize by saying you can do these things on your own. Dont make them feel too important. The government of these countries have made things easier with a lot of information online. Do not pay anybody any money

Waooo.... I read this story to my wife. The funniest thing is that before u got to where u wrote, the guy that accommodate and he later took him out that all bills was on you.... I already told my wife that, u might even be the one to help the guy( ur frd u do accommodate) over dere regardless of the years he has used over dere but selfishness and greediness wont allow him to know the kind of person u are.

Brother, remember ur boi o
Re: Why Do African Brothers Abroad Discourage Others From Moving Abroad Too? by livingstone2013: 7:27am On Apr 07, 2023
darediamond:

You do not move money through Centralized channels. You use Decentralized Routes. That is what Crypto is Meant to do. Before, we do not have Dollar Backed Crypto. But Now, we have USDT, BUSD, TUSD, USDP, USDC, DAI.

If I am traveling to USA and I need to take my 200M naira with me for instance, I do not need to use the bank swift system where I would be policed by those Tyrants whom you call "government".

All I need do is to convert my Naira to any of the Stable Crypto Currencies. Preferably USDT or BUSD to store it in a safe Crypto Wallet either web based or stand alone.

Dollar is scarce in Nigeria but Naira is not. Then use your Naira to buy any of the other African currencies like XAF and use your XAF to buy Dollars. Sell the Dollar at black market.

Banks are in business to make profit. So it is impossible for them to not find a way of selling the dollars they Buy from CBN indirectly. This why Some Nigerian Banks are selling and Buying Naira in exchange for some selected African countries.

Who as time those Fulanised Negative Policies

how can i get your WhatsApp number? I will like you to mentor me on this currency business.
Re: Why Do African Brothers Abroad Discourage Others From Moving Abroad Too? by iSense247: 2:27pm On Apr 07, 2023
krissconnect:
These past weeks, I've been reaching out to my friends who are abroad to help me with links or advices to move abroad too. But I discovered that none of them decided to help, instead they discouraged me either by saying, "it's difficult to move now or the country isn't issuing visa now".

One of my guy in CANADA defiantly ignored my text when I asked him for links or the route he used to move, the other in Korea said the country isn't issuing visa now but he recently moved back and another directly said that it's very hard to get visas now to travel. But one Asian American in the States gave me lots of links to move to the State and even encouraged me to move.

But then I don't understand why our African brothers over there will never encourage or advice someone willing to move. Is it envy or greediness or what? I've never had any of my guy abroad encourage me to move when I asked for advice. If things are difficult over there, why not come home?

NB: I never asked them for fund cos the money is available.
This is April, 2023, these same set of people have been posting anti-japa threads on Nairaland to discourage others in recent times. This is beyond selfishness. It is wickedness.
Re: Why Do African Brothers Abroad Discourage Others From Moving Abroad Too? by darediamond(m): 12:53am On Apr 16, 2023
livingstone2013:
how can i get your WhatsApp number? I will like you to mentor me on this currency business.

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

Tipper Crushes Man To Death In Cameroon (Graphic Photos) / South African Student Missed The Russian Plane Which Crashed With No Survivor / Aero Contractors Passengers Taking Refuge Under The Aircraft In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.