Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,700 members, 7,816,869 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:06 PM

Why Do African Brothers Abroad Discourage Others From Moving Abroad Too? - Travel (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why Do African Brothers Abroad Discourage Others From Moving Abroad Too? (43430 Views)

10 Things To Know Before Moving Abroad For Study - Nairalander Reveals. Photos / My Family Is Discouraging Me From Moving To UK / Dropping Refuse From Moving Vehicles Attracts N5000 Fine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do African Brothers Abroad Discourage Others From Moving Abroad Too? by dayleke: 5:07am On Jul 16, 2022
luminouz:

YOU shocked

Sup bro!!!!!
Where you been?
Re: Why Do African Brothers Abroad Discourage Others From Moving Abroad Too? by kunkelhanspeter(m): 5:37am On Jul 16, 2022
H
willian10:

which country are you? and why is it difficult to find woman overthere?

I have a female friend who came back from USA last two months she’s a baby mama but her son is in Nigeria schooling she’s not even getting of marriage again .

They see sex as nothing they can Bleep anyone they want to Bleep even when dey are dating .
Re: Why Do African Brothers Abroad Discourage Others From Moving Abroad Too? by kunkelhanspeter(m): 5:39am On Jul 16, 2022
H
willian10:

which country are you? and why is it difficult to find woman overthere?

I have a female friend who came back from USA last two months she’s a baby mama but her son is in Nigeria schooling she’s not even getting of marriage again .

They see sex as nothing they can Bleep anyone they want to Bleep even when dey are dating .

While guys whenever they want to marry they always come back home to look for wife because Nigerian girls over there are nothing to write home about.
They both hate themselves
Re: Why Do African Brothers Abroad Discourage Others From Moving Abroad Too? by Tundex911: 5:56am On Jul 16, 2022
Dem dey ment ni
Re: Why Do African Brothers Abroad Discourage Others From Moving Abroad Too? by DAVE5(m): 7:38am On Jul 16, 2022
ednut1:
https://www.nairaland.com/6829885/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled
https://www.nairaland.com/6957495/canadian-student-visa-thread-part
Those are the two major ways to get into Canada go and read them. When I applied for Canada permanent residency in 2019 scores to apply were low, now the scores are high. If my friend asks me to show him way, how can i help him. Even me if i applied today my points will be low due to age and wont qualify.Some of those guys you chatted probably dont have papers and are lying low to survive and do menial jobs. They obviously wont be interested in letting u come join them adding to their bills and risking them being arrested. So these people are not discouraging you things are not how it used to be. In 2012 you could easily get usa visit visa enter there find babe marry. Today you cant even get visa interviews date for usa till 2024 nor can you easily find who to marry and convert to papers. So that bro who left in 2012 can’t really help you. Your best bet is student visa these days. And you need 5m to 10m these days

Oga, ur Padi don collect residency for where he dey ohh, una sha no want make we come share jobs and good life with una, if I say I wan come live for ur house with u, so u no go gree? Like say I no go swear for u ni
Re: Why Do African Brothers Abroad Discourage Others From Moving Abroad Too? by luluman: 8:24am On Jul 16, 2022
TiredHuman:
They know that it is not easy there too
If they can survive there any other person can.
Re: Why Do African Brothers Abroad Discourage Others From Moving Abroad Too? by Ekpekus(m): 8:46am On Jul 16, 2022
AnthonyAk:

This is an ideal situation you have described but most won’t pay any rent or for any bills and will just eat your food.

On the other hand it’s soo expensive that most will already have room mates. Things are hard, it’s rare to see people that have an entire house with a spare room.

That arrangement is more likely in calgary.

I’ll put it in perspective, I pay $2950 for a 2 bedroom 2 bath. My spare room is free but it will be hard to take in a roommate mainly because I live with my wife and even then I would need to have a guarantee the person will leave within a month.

My wife and I are even managing to share the space , I can’t imagine another adult with us
Una dey try for that Vancouver sha... almost 3k for 2BR... mehn I twale for una.

1 Like

Re: Why Do African Brothers Abroad Discourage Others From Moving Abroad Too? by Ekpekus(m): 8:47am On Jul 16, 2022
okeysoninv:
it's someone that survive that builds house, all your bills can't reach 30% of ur monthly salary.
Shey you know say rent/mortgage dey the bill. So that your 30% is not realistic

1 Like

Re: Why Do African Brothers Abroad Discourage Others From Moving Abroad Too? by Ekpekus(m): 8:52am On Jul 16, 2022
Sassy256:

Now I See your perspective cool you have absolutely No idea what you're talking about... That's why you're typing what you're typing. Nevermind. I leave you with this statement "Travel and see".
Absolutely no idea... the guy just dey cap nonsense grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Do African Brothers Abroad Discourage Others From Moving Abroad Too? by Ekpekus(m): 9:01am On Jul 16, 2022
ednut1:
its a free website. Go there and do what i put there. Don’t be lazy. You dont have LinkedIn i can see it shows you a a low lifers or riff raff
Comrade pls be calming down naw grin
Re: Why Do African Brothers Abroad Discourage Others From Moving Abroad Too? by lexy2014: 9:06am On Jul 16, 2022
casualobserver:

I have no idea but all the drug dealers, fraudsters and yahoo boys in Nigeria manage to get their money into Nigeria somehow. There is a reason BDC operators like Mompha are under watch by EFCC. If you consider how many yahoo boys are in Nigeria right now, they all need their money in Nigeria. So my guess is that it is at the very least half… likely much more!

You have no idea but at the same time you are guessing that it is half. How can you have no idea but you are expecting your guess to be taken as valid?

1 Like

Re: Why Do African Brothers Abroad Discourage Others From Moving Abroad Too? by crudeoilboy(m): 9:07am On Jul 16, 2022
Is the kind of friends that you have (wicked people), me am encouraging my friends to come and join me here sef
Re: Why Do African Brothers Abroad Discourage Others From Moving Abroad Too? by casualobserver: 9:13am On Jul 16, 2022
lexy2014:

You have no idea but at the same time you are guessing that it is half. How can you have no idea but you are expecting your guess to be taken as valid?

Did you go to school? If yes did you learn English? If yes we’re you also taught critical thinking? If yes how do you put all of that together and conclude that a guess is a fact? How you you put all that together and deduce that I expect anything from you or anybody?

It is probably too late for you to go back to school and relearn English and require your brain especially if long hours in the sun selling pure water has dried it. But when someone says something is a guess, there are hidden implications, one is that he has already told you not to take it as fact!!!

English, English. English!!!! Many speak it but do not fully understand!!!

2 Likes

Re: Why Do African Brothers Abroad Discourage Others From Moving Abroad Too? by lexy2014: 9:21am On Jul 16, 2022
casualobserver:

Did you go to school? If yes did you learn English? If yes we’re you also taught critical thinking? If yes how do you put all of that together and conclude that a guess is a fact? How you you put all that together and deduce that I expect anything from you or anybody?

It is probably too late for you to go back to school and relearn English and require your brain especially if long hours in the sun selling pure water has dried it. But when someone says something is a guess, there are hidden implications, he has already told you not to take it as fact!!!

Why do you sound so hurt over a very simple question?
How can you have no idea but you are expecting your guess to be taken as valid?

kindly explain how you used your guess to arrive at half?

1 Like

Re: Why Do African Brothers Abroad Discourage Others From Moving Abroad Too? by casualobserver: 9:24am On Jul 16, 2022
lexy2014:

You really are a dunce!!!! Repeating the same thing I have just addressed. If you are a man you have problems. If you are female I pity your husband if you have one!!!

I will not waste any further time on you.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do African Brothers Abroad Discourage Others From Moving Abroad Too? by lexy2014: 9:26am On Jul 16, 2022
casualobserver:

You really are a dunce!!!! Repeating the same thing I have just addressed. If you are a man you have problems. If you are female I pity your husband if you have one!!!

I will not waste any further time on you.

You are just spilling your emotions. You haven't answered the simple questions.

1 Like

Re: Why Do African Brothers Abroad Discourage Others From Moving Abroad Too? by faceland: 10:07am On Jul 16, 2022
Re: Why Do African Brothers Abroad Discourage Others From Moving Abroad Too? by b2strike(m): 10:08am On Jul 16, 2022
Hmmmm

TiredHuman:

Not the exact amount but it is barely enough for her
Re: Why Do African Brothers Abroad Discourage Others From Moving Abroad Too? by faceland: 10:11am On Jul 16, 2022
airsaylongcome:

It is not normal to have two jobs. You do that because both jobs are underpaid. A Doctor or an IT Software engineer will have two jobs? For what?
True (sometimes). It is abnormal to have one source of income overseas... Even Billionaires "wears many hats".
Anyone that works less than 4 hours a day and they fold their hands and complain of their pay not being enough is not serious about life (especially if they are immigrants). Before 9am a street sweeper ought to be done with the days job, What are they doing with the rest of the day?

1 Like

Re: Why Do African Brothers Abroad Discourage Others From Moving Abroad Too? by luminouz(m): 11:16am On Jul 16, 2022
dayleke:

Sup bro!!!!!
Where you been?

I dey naija o

Na you forget me bro grin
Re: Why Do African Brothers Abroad Discourage Others From Moving Abroad Too? by Greatzeus(m): 11:16am On Jul 16, 2022
Morphinne:

It’s a big fat lie bros. What is at play is called economic TERRITORIALITY. Though it is inherent in every human but it’s worse anywhere poverty is endemic. Most of the time, if an African man invites you to come grab an opportunity, then know that there’s a catch (emphasis on “Most”) I’m trying not to generalize. That’s why I always tell people falling preys to ponzi and betting scams, there’s no free money/opportunity anywhere. AFRICANS ARE NOT BUILT TO HELP OR OPEN ONE ANOTHER TO OPPORTUNITIES. If an African man has a fortune tree in his backyard, he will never let you anywhere near his abode. So bros, you’re implying that these guys didn’t want OP to come face the sad experiences they’ve been though over there right?
They got hit by the reality but to come back home na no no
Pls stop misleading ppl. We all know what’s at play here. They keep telling you the pasture is not greener on the other side but they rather die there than come back home. It’s all man to himself and nobody is willing to share with you his secret to financial freedom (except maybe your blood relations). If you doubt me, ask a retailer where and how he sources for his goods; that you would like to join the business and wait for his reaction cheesy
You spoke well bro,valid points. I just thought they would be those who actually meant it when they tell others life isn't as rosy over there too,not because they want to discourage you but as a result of what they're facing over there

2 Likes

Re: Why Do African Brothers Abroad Discourage Others From Moving Abroad Too? by lexy2014: 12:12pm On Jul 16, 2022
casualobserver:

It is probably too late for you to go back to school and relearn English and require your brain especially if long hours in the sun selling pure water has dried it. But when someone says something is a guess, there are hidden implications, one is that he has already told you not to take it as fact!!!

If you are saying that your guess is useless, of what use is the guess?

1 Like

Re: Why Do African Brothers Abroad Discourage Others From Moving Abroad Too? by dayleke: 12:35pm On Jul 16, 2022
luminouz:

I dey naija o

Na you forget me bro grin

I fit?

I no fit joor.

I was off NL for a minute.
Back now.

Hope you good.
Re: Why Do African Brothers Abroad Discourage Others From Moving Abroad Too? by 1stGenAmerican(f): 12:51pm On Jul 16, 2022
PROPEACE:

What makes you think sweeping the road in any country can earn you a descent wage in any country? You people are ridiculous.

Streets are swept by machines which are operated by humans. In my city, these humans are paid an average of $45,000 per year.
Re: Why Do African Brothers Abroad Discourage Others From Moving Abroad Too? by ednut1(m): 12:54pm On Jul 16, 2022
DAVE5:

Oga, ur Padi don collect residency for where he dey ohh, una sha no want make we come share jobs and good life with una, if I say I wan come live for ur house with u, so u no go gree? Like say I no go swear for u ni
lol like 3 people don stay my house lol. Dey come.

1 Like

Re: Why Do African Brothers Abroad Discourage Others From Moving Abroad Too? by seguno2: 1:09pm On Jul 16, 2022
Gerrard59:
I could overlook the divergence...Nigeria is volatile yet you want to return to such a place?

I am genuinely curious, why do you want to return to a volatile place?

To oppress those who were “unlucky” to remain in our country, with their unhelpful Økanlawøn swaga.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do African Brothers Abroad Discourage Others From Moving Abroad Too? by 1stGenAmerican(f): 1:13pm On Jul 16, 2022
faceland:

Every normal human being in western country has more than one job. How many hours would it take an African to sweep oyinbo street? What are they doing with the reminding 20+ hours of the day?

The street sweeper also belongs to a union that would take care of them if they fall sick. If I go and slap the street sweeper and he report, an officer would spend hours searching for me on CCTV and the street and most importantly, if the street sweeper stay away from crime and work on himself, he can make it.

It’s not normal to have more than one job. The job you described consists of 8 hour work days.

People who refuse to help aren’t always selfish or greedy. It Only takes 1 time getting burned after helping someone to learn not to help again. If the person you help does one bad thing, it can possibly ruin your entire livelihood. The risk isn’t normally worth it.

1 Like

Re: Why Do African Brothers Abroad Discourage Others From Moving Abroad Too? by luminouz(m): 1:18pm On Jul 16, 2022
dayleke:

I fit?

I no fit joor.

I was off NL for a minute.
Back now.

Hope you good.

Lol

I dey jare my brother
Re: Why Do African Brothers Abroad Discourage Others From Moving Abroad Too? by PROPEACE: 1:23pm On Jul 16, 2022
1stGenAmerican:

Streets are swept by machines which are operated by humans. In my city, these humans are paid an average of $45,000 per year.
Check the link below for average annual salary of Americans by state for 2022, that $45,000 is less than average for all states.
https://www.ziprecruiter.com/Salaries/What-Is-the-Average-Average-Salary-by-State
Re: Why Do African Brothers Abroad Discourage Others From Moving Abroad Too? by Basher8583: 1:57pm On Jul 16, 2022
okeysoninv:
I have my family already there. not heresay. except if you're lazy type that don't want to work.

Ive just said you should go there and clear your eyes of all doubts. No need arguing here. You don't need to listen to anyone. Go there and find out yourself.

I have been there and I prefer to work in Naija where Im king of my life and income.

1 Like

Re: Why Do African Brothers Abroad Discourage Others From Moving Abroad Too? by kulzinnyjo(f): 2:00pm On Jul 16, 2022
My dear, tell them the truth, everything takes time. No overnight success, if you are emigrating to uk or the west at 30 or 35, why not condition you rmind that it will take you 5 to 10years to get the papers if the goal is to be a full citizen. But we like short cuts and Sharp sharp way of doing things. In the west you have to work hard and be steady. You don't rush into things because you are in a foreign country. But good luck to those taking that risk. Our people too has lost all passion and creativity, now everything is about going to another man's country for economic, political and social refugee. It's sad but God help Nigeria.

zztop:
The sad thing about Nigeria now is that people are just looking to survive. It doesn't appear there is any ambition any more. If you are ambitious why would you want to japa? Nigeria has a population of over 200 Million. If you can't make it in Nigeria then the odds are you won't make it anywhere else. There a lot of false assumption. To really establish yourself in country like UK, it will take at least 10 years . If you are coming to the UK at 30 then you will only just start making it by around age 40. There are lots of young Nigerians here who are just sitting down not doing anything just like eran eleya waiting for a buyer. There are no short cuts in life. Life is difficult in Nigeria but it is also difficult everywhere as a black person you will be at the back of the queue.

There are lots of young Nigerians who seems to be making it.

https://search.techcrunch.com/search;_ylc=X3IDMgRncHJpZAMyUk9XQkh6TFJ2MndpclRGNjBiZHVBBG5fc3VnZwM4BHBvcwMwBHBxc3RyAwRwcXN0cmwDMARxc3RybAM3BHF1ZXJ5A25pZ2VyaWEEdF9zdG1wAzE2NTc4OTI1NTg-?p=nigeria&fr=techcrunch

Join them and not the japa crew. Japa is not equal to success.

1 Like

Re: Why Do African Brothers Abroad Discourage Others From Moving Abroad Too? by gistbite(f): 3:38pm On Jul 16, 2022
ASAPFERG:
which LinkedIn?
Lies
Olodo

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

Tipper Crushes Man To Death In Cameroon (Graphic Photos) / South African Student Missed The Russian Plane Which Crashed With No Survivor / Aero Contractors Passengers Taking Refuge Under The Aircraft In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.