Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,149 members, 7,811,284 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:14 AM

My Girlfriend's Dad Is Homeless - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Girlfriend's Dad Is Homeless (3881 Views)

See The 25k My Girlfriend's Dad Gave Me (photos) / I Mistakenly Sent 100k To My Girlfriend's Dad Account / See How A Guy Replied His Girlfriend's Dad After He Dis-virgin His Daughter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Girlfriend's Dad Is Homeless by Chukstotti(m): 1:22pm On Jul 16, 2022
Hello, everyone, this is my first time posting any issue here but for this issue, I had to.

My girlfriend and I have been together for over two years and she's someone I would love to marry but she comes from a complicated family.
Her dad and mum stay in the same town but don't live together. The mum caters to four out of the six children they have while the other two who are guys live with friends. Her dad had financial issues and that was the beginning of the end of their marriage. Her dad doesn't know me but her mum does. Her mum knows of my relationship with her daughter and we have her approval.

Her dad was asked to leave the place he stays (a semi-completed building) because someone bought the entire building and renovation works have started.

The issue now is,
My girlfriend wants her dad to come to stay with me until he gets a place to rent for himself. That he would only stay till the end of the month. I stay in a room self-contained.
I am confused and doesn't want to disappoint my girlfriend because she loves her dad so so much. Of all his children she is the only one that cares about him.
Please I need your kind inputs.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Girlfriend's Dad Is Homeless by Manna4Gurls: 1:31pm On Jul 16, 2022
Bro don't help her dad because she wants you to. Do it for the man he is and you understands what your fellow man is passing through by mere being in contact for some minutes. Help him for he is not staying forever and betterstill, is not a woman.

If you have some space to share, go ahead for the sake of brotherhood.

56 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Girlfriend's Dad Is Homeless by iykomo0(m): 1:32pm On Jul 16, 2022
Take him in if you wish but don't forget that you can never send him away no matter the problem and his welfare is on your head.. bye

48 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend's Dad Is Homeless by MajESTHY(f): 1:34pm On Jul 16, 2022
Wow...
Please pay your bride price advance in peace�

Automatic Marriage

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend's Dad Is Homeless by Chukstotti(m): 1:38pm On Jul 16, 2022
Manna4Gurls:
Bro don't help her dad because she wants you to. Do it for the man he is and you understands what your fellow man is passing through by mere being in contact for some minutes. Help him for he is not staying forever and betterstill, is not a woman.

Thank you man. I really appreciate this.

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend's Dad Is Homeless by Kewtt: 1:40pm On Jul 16, 2022
Chukstotti:
Hello, everyone, this is my first time posting any issue here but for this issue, I had to.

My girlfriend and I have been together for over two years and she's someone I would love to marry but she comes from a complicated family.
Her dad and mum stay in the same town but don't live together. The mum caters to four out of the six children they have while the other two who are guys live with friends. Her dad had financial issues and that was the beginning of the end of their marriage. Her dad doesn't know me but her mum does. Her mum knows of my relationship with her daughter and we have her approval.

Her dad was asked to leave the place he stays (a semi-completed building) because someone bought the entire building and renovation works have started.

The issue now is,
My girlfriend wants her dad to come to stay with me until he gets a place to rent for himself. That he would only stay till the end of the month. I stay in a room self-contained.
I am confused and doesn't want to disappoint my girlfriend because she loves her dad so so much. Of all his children she is the only one that cares about him.
Don't you have parents who are the appropriate persons to advise you on this matter? Or there's no elder in your lineage?

7 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend's Dad Is Homeless by Kpobaridaniel(m): 1:43pm On Jul 16, 2022
That is a brother in need bro. Good opportunity to put yourself in your babes good books... And bro, it won't be easy at first but with time you will enjoy it..(I know you're scared aha)

3 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend's Dad Is Homeless by Pandev(m): 1:43pm On Jul 16, 2022
Seek advice from your dad or any other elderly man worth taking advice from in your family. That being said, that your girlfriend will leave you if you have any financial issue (God forbid) cause women are reflection of their mothers.

20 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend's Dad Is Homeless by advanceDNA: 2:00pm On Jul 16, 2022
Chukstotti:

The issue now is,

I think its too much to ask a boyfriend....

Men should start makimg better choices when they want a life partner.. Women dont want your poverty striken áss...i dont see why you should set yourself up for poverty by marrying someone who will always be a burden on you, together with her family...

... I mean, you are still tryimg to stand on your feet.. and your you are already taking inlaws as part of your responsibility....dont add more depression to yourself in the name of help..

I've seen similar moves many times.....he won't leave after a month...this kind of handshake always get to elbow.....

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Girlfriend's Dad Is Homeless by Nobody: 2:01pm On Jul 16, 2022
Manna4Gurls:

So don't help women but help men?

Would you tell him to assist if it was her mother who was homeless? undecided

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend's Dad Is Homeless by AmazingELixir: 2:02pm On Jul 16, 2022
Op, you better don't try that...instead help rent a room or assist him through your gf to secure an apartment for himself...more importantly don't position yourself to be a recourse for your girlfriend's father when challenges come calling.

To be candid with you Op I foresee you punching holes in your pocket with this kind of family setup.

Aspiring youngmen don't need this kind of distractions in their formative years, be smart Op.

22 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend's Dad Is Homeless by Manna4Gurls: 2:07pm On Jul 16, 2022
Datboredberri:
So don't help women but help men?

Would you tell him to assist if it was her mother who was homeless? undecided

I don't mean it that way at all. The society we live in doesn't accept unmarried opposite se* living under a roof, its a crime. And helping her also seem to most men as waste of resources.

I believe you know better smiley smiley
Re: My Girlfriend's Dad Is Homeless by Rexymania(m): 2:14pm On Jul 16, 2022
If you can help, help. Simple.

You don't need to bring it here... Infact if you live that girl, you'd want to help her dad

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend's Dad Is Homeless by padi94(m): 2:20pm On Jul 16, 2022
Don't come here later and say you can't eject your gf father that is squatting with you 6 months later.

We go laff you

7 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend's Dad Is Homeless by Chukstotti(m): 2:21pm On Jul 16, 2022
padi94:
Don't come here later and say you can't eject your gf father that is squatting with you 6 months later.

We go laff you
Chaii!
Re: My Girlfriend's Dad Is Homeless by Chydon888: 2:22pm On Jul 16, 2022
If the said father of your gf is handy, at least where he will be going out and coming in every day, you can house him or better still, if you know he will cost you expenses once he comes in, let him look for another place.
Re: My Girlfriend's Dad Is Homeless by posty56: 2:25pm On Jul 16, 2022
Chukstotti:

The issue now is,
Nigeria men no they ever think ,make en go back to village now ,how is a full grown man with hairy balls is your responsibility? if she no like am make she break up with you ,if like go ahead this how men die early,if the reverse was the case I swear on my life that,that girl won't house your father , a word is enough for the wise ,I know you will ignore this advice and I am waiting for the Lamentation part in the next 3 months

4 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend's Dad Is Homeless by Chukstotti(m): 2:26pm On Jul 16, 2022
AmazingELixir:
Op, you better don't try that...instead help rent a room or assist him through your gf to secure an apartment for himself...more importantly don't position yourself to be a recourse for your girlfriend's father when challenges come calling.

To be candid with you Op I foresee you punching holes in your pocket with this kind of family setup.

Aspiring youngmen don't need this kind of distractions in their formative years, be smart Op.
I love this girl and she loves her dad too much. If I disappoint her she would be heartbroken. She assured me that he is only going to stay until he gets a place.
Re: My Girlfriend's Dad Is Homeless by Chukstotti(m): 2:30pm On Jul 16, 2022
Chydon888:
If the said father of your gf is handy, at least where he will be going out and coming in every day, you can house him or better still, if you know he will cost you expenses once he comes in, let him look for another place.
She said he goes out early and comes in late.
Re: My Girlfriend's Dad Is Homeless by Blessiing(f): 2:31pm On Jul 16, 2022
Chukstotti:

The issue now is,

Follow your mind bro cos even if we advice its what you have in mind that you will do..but left to me I will ask you not too..1month will turn to 1year,you will be responsible for all of them,feeding and everything and you won't be able to complain....abeg leave trouble make e sleep,no go wake am o...

4 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend's Dad Is Homeless by Simplythebest: 2:35pm On Jul 16, 2022
Pls help the poor man for humanity seek this life is very simple and sometimes table can turn the man never planed for it So my own is pls help the poor man cus u are one of the helpers he needs now. God will bless you

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Girlfriend's Dad Is Homeless by Chydon888: 2:39pm On Jul 16, 2022
Chukstotti:

She said he goes out early and comes in late.
Alright, you can assist him for now, since she said is one month. But I know vividly believe it will exceed that.

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend's Dad Is Homeless by JONSYN7154: 2:49pm On Jul 16, 2022
Manna4Gurls:

God bless you Bro
Re: My Girlfriend's Dad Is Homeless by Vix805: 2:53pm On Jul 16, 2022
help him nau

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend's Dad Is Homeless by Boogyman557: 3:00pm On Jul 16, 2022
Holly Gram cool Ur father to be in-law get financial issue and there marriage begin CRASH!

NA EXPRESS U DE GO!

I never one CHUK MOUTH for other matters..

LITE UP my WEED in peace

WTF MAN!
Re: My Girlfriend's Dad Is Homeless by marlow1962(m): 3:04pm On Jul 16, 2022
Save yourself from future troubles.
Re: My Girlfriend's Dad Is Homeless by kingthreat(m): 3:05pm On Jul 16, 2022
The father should be ashamed of himself
Your girlfriend too should be ashamed of trying to inconvenient a young guy with the burdens of her father.
No where it is that a man should take care of his girlfriend's father's accommodation.
The best you can do is support his new rent with some funds.
Tell her that it would not work. If she dumps you over that, then that relationship is definitely not for you.

3 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend's Dad Is Homeless by Manna4Gurls: 3:13pm On Jul 16, 2022
kingthreat:
The father should be ashamed of himself
Your girlfriend too should be ashamed of trying to inconvenient a young guy with the burdens of her father.
No where it is that a man should take care of his girlfriend's father's accommodation.
The best you can do is support his new rent with some funds.
Tell her that it would not work. If she dumps you over that, then that relationship is definitely not for you.

That is more reason he should help no because of his woman. Even if the relationship doesn't work as anticipated, the deed he did to him can be reciprocated. Men have this spirit of remembering who once helped them in a difficult time, like this.

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend's Dad Is Homeless by novia22(f): 4:37pm On Jul 16, 2022
Hmmmm it's shocking this issue is even debated. This is not your father or your WIFE'S father we are talking about here, it's Girlfriend!
You are not responsible for any of them until you are married to her.
Doesn't the man at that age have his own friends to take him in?
To me, it shows a level of irresponsibility oooo.
Turn this table round, can your Girlfriend house your mother?
I just feel it's a bad idea and I can bet you your parents will not buy the idea hence you bringing it here for us to advice you.
If you want to help, help from afar. Support them with money for rent. Don't bring him to your home ooo. You will not like the outcome.

6 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend's Dad Is Homeless by galantjoe(m): 5:00pm On Jul 16, 2022
Take him in and thereafter get a room apartment for him. Or you can reconcile him with his wife.

Goodluck.
Re: My Girlfriend's Dad Is Homeless by aaking(m): 5:13pm On Jul 16, 2022
novia22:
Hmmmm it's shocking this issue is even debated. This is not your father or your WIFE'S father we are talking about here, it's Girlfriend!
You are not responsible for any of them until you are married to her.
Doesn't the man at that age have his own friends to take him in?
To me, it shows a level of irresponsibility oooo.
Turn this table round, can your Girlfriend house your mother?
I just feel it's a bad idea and I can bet you your parents will not buy the idea hence you bringing it here for us to advice you.
If you want to help, help from afar. Support them with money for rent. Don't bring him to your home ooo. You will not like the outcome.

galantjoe:
Take him in and thereafter get a room apartment for him. Or you can reconcile him with his wife.

Goodluck.

Two methods given to you hear.

Assist him in renting a room or
Reconcile him with his wife

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend's Dad Is Homeless by AndroidAI(m): 5:16pm On Jul 16, 2022
Manna4Gurls:

That is more reason he should help no because of his woman. Even if the relationship doesn't work as anticipated, the deed he did to him can be reciprocated. Men have this spirit of remembering who once helped them in a difficult time, like this.

Stop helping people with hope that they'll help you tomorrow. That's not a good reason to give.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Big Brothers Boinking My Girl! / Wife Caught Screwing In Law, This Is Explicitly The Worst Thing I Have Ever Seen / My Last Relationship, My Story - Please Read!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.