Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,119 members, 7,814,925 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:42 PM

What Should I Do? Learn A Skill Or Continue Job Hunting - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / What Should I Do? Learn A Skill Or Continue Job Hunting (10568 Views)

Should I Stop My Job Or Continue? / Accept This Job Offer Or Continue Job Hunting??? / Some Fun While Job Hunting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Should I Do? Learn A Skill Or Continue Job Hunting by Engineersolutio: 1:22pm On Jul 18, 2022
Social Boost is the fastest means to Boost your brand awareness Like Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn,TikTok, Discord, e.t.c.
With more Followers, Likes, Comments, Views, e.t.c.
It will make it easier to convince the world about your products & personal profile. D.m Us today
Whats_ App (080 6 120 000 7)
Re: What Should I Do? Learn A Skill Or Continue Job Hunting by Allisgud: 1:24pm On Jul 18, 2022
Learning a skill is not a full-time job cos u don't have an assurance of what to earn at the end of the month
Get the job learn also learn the skill
Re: What Should I Do? Learn A Skill Or Continue Job Hunting by Acidosis(m): 1:24pm On Jul 18, 2022
SMJay:
Can you give more info on
How you started?
The equipments required?
Market challenges?
What to look out for?I think � they would need to do a feasibility study and the area you are targeting and putting power factor in place.
if you are starting on a low scale, you can get a deep freezer say about 200-400ltr btn 250k and above,
The frozen items such as chicken,turkey lap,wing,gizzard and fish may cost u about 50-100k to start with and you can add garri, beans etc
Your ur stand by generator i.e 2.5kva-4.5kva which may cost u btn 200-350k.

Bad business move for someone with a total capital of #1.1M.

The fixed assets you listed here is #500k. Add that to another fixed asset (rent) and you're already close to #900k.

Food business without sufficient working capital is dead on arrival. They will end up eating all the garri and gizzard to stay alive.

8 Likes

Re: What Should I Do? Learn A Skill Or Continue Job Hunting by Morgan9(m): 1:31pm On Jul 18, 2022
Seniorwriter:

Give me his details we @LTE can put him through on a Digital Skill that can help him earn @least $1k with the capital he has.
There are basically three ways to earn via online which are:

# Skill(s).
# Product(s).
# Investment Capital.

With his capital he can venture in ecommerce after our mentorship on how to sell trendings.
He'll be taught how to organize a platform that will accommodate @least one thousand active buyers and he'll peg his profit @ just $1 no matter the trending he is selling.
Anyways we wish him all the best and he should feel free to reach out to the Facebook ID on my profile here on Nairaland.

@Seniorwriter

Carry this nonsense theory comot here.
Ur speech is vague and doesn't reflect today's realities

7 Likes

Re: What Should I Do? Learn A Skill Or Continue Job Hunting by seeker121(m): 1:36pm On Jul 18, 2022
Interested in this blogging bro but don't know how profitable it's and what's needed to start.
Re: What Should I Do? Learn A Skill Or Continue Job Hunting by sonofthunder: 1:37pm On Jul 18, 2022
post=114850392:
Start Blogging Business Right Now And Thank , Much Later.

If You Sell Bulk Airtime, Please Get In Touch With On WhatsApp Chat Now.

We Are Ready To Buy Up To 5Million Naira Recharge Card, Any Network Of Your Choice.

Will you teach/mentor me?
Re: What Should I Do? Learn A Skill Or Continue Job Hunting by NaijaCover(m): 1:39pm On Jul 18, 2022
sonofthunder:

Will you teach/mentor me?

To Open A Normal Blog Na 50,000naira
Re: What Should I Do? Learn A Skill Or Continue Job Hunting by Kenneth4u205(m): 1:42pm On Jul 18, 2022
The main problem is that you wife while trying to conceive visited witch doctors. That was how she finally became pregnant.looks like the baby she finally gave birth to is not a normal baby.satan never gives free gift . The baby is likely from marine spirit world. Your finance has already been captured and taken under the sea. Next the love and happiness in the family will be destroyed completely. You and your wife will lose affection for one another. Extra marital affair might sneak in .

But God can fix all problem. My advice to you is for you to seek deliverance for yourself,wife and the baby . You can deliver the entire family if you are spiritual or you can seek an anointed man of God that is tested in holiness and Purity.

Your wife was destined to birth a Destiny child and that was why she was unable to conceive for long . That baby has a great destiny but needs to be delivered from marine kingdom or else they will use the baby to destroy Evey light in the family.without deliverance,even if you go into business with all the money in the world,it will still fail . Thanks.
Re: What Should I Do? Learn A Skill Or Continue Job Hunting by Elohe001: 1:43pm On Jul 18, 2022
Learn mushroom and snailfarming... thank me later

4 Likes

Re: What Should I Do? Learn A Skill Or Continue Job Hunting by sekem: 1:44pm On Jul 18, 2022
Continue doing whatever you are doing.
Re: What Should I Do? Learn A Skill Or Continue Job Hunting by TheGift: 1:45pm On Jul 18, 2022
Learn a skill AND continue job hunting. It will expand your opportunities and even if you lose a job you still have a skill that you can benefit from and pass on to posterity.

1 Like

Re: What Should I Do? Learn A Skill Or Continue Job Hunting by ictmikky(m): 1:46pm On Jul 18, 2022
Both.....

Even highly skilled employees are still learning, improving and job hunting / being highly sort after.
Re: What Should I Do? Learn A Skill Or Continue Job Hunting by Nellsworld(m): 1:48pm On Jul 18, 2022
I will say, he should learn catering services especially someone like him that has made frds in the banking world, he can be supplying them meals to his office and other of his bank's branches, also reaching out to his customers when he was working, but he should tag his wife along, him and his wife ve to been 100% involved, it wouldn't be easy, but he shouldn't give up even when he is seeing his challenges, no business will give or a make u a millionaire, he just has to be consistent and be patient, and now start cutting down some expenses

2 Likes

Re: What Should I Do? Learn A Skill Or Continue Job Hunting by ZiniPips: 1:49pm On Jul 18, 2022
Threesha:
I am guessing you are into forex from your name. Let see your trading account.
$17 profit for today's trading. Though it might look small but money management is vital. Why not give it a trial with as little as $30 to $50 and watch me give you that extra income you need. So as to give you room to perfect other valuable skills to argument your income. A trial will convince you. It's a win win situation for you and I.

3 Likes

Re: What Should I Do? Learn A Skill Or Continue Job Hunting by Jamie1000: 1:49pm On Jul 18, 2022
Threesha:
From DM

Find a good location and go into phone accessories, sim registration.

3 Likes

Re: What Should I Do? Learn A Skill Or Continue Job Hunting by OlumSOJ: 1:54pm On Jul 18, 2022
Good day to you my Brother. As an experienced married man that went through the same situation in the early year 2000, I want to advise you not to loose hope. With your savings, shear it into two, then learn how to drive Keke Marwa (You should be perfect within 4 weeks) then make a purchase of a new one with your half of savings or you go to your bank for partly loan to finance part of the purchase. With Marwa driving, you can make more than 150K every month. The remaining part of the savings could be used to finance the household. May the Grace of God Almighty shine on you and your household. It is well with you. Amen.
Threesha:
From DM

6 Likes

Re: What Should I Do? Learn A Skill Or Continue Job Hunting by sonofthunder: 1:54pm On Jul 18, 2022
post=114851247:

To Open A Normal Blog Na 50,000naira

What's the breakdown sir?

I don't want to open a blog that will die, that's why I'm asking if you could guide/mentor me?
Re: What Should I Do? Learn A Skill Or Continue Job Hunting by SMJay: 2:10pm On Jul 18, 2022
Acidosis:

Bad business move for someone with a total capital of #1.1M.

The fixed assets you listed here is #500k. Add that to another fixed asset (rent) and you're already close to #900k.

Food business without sufficient working capital is dead on arrival. They will end up eating all the garri and gizzard to stay alive.
I only advise based on the knowledge I have
Re: What Should I Do? Learn A Skill Or Continue Job Hunting by Nnamaka1: 2:10pm On Jul 18, 2022
Do both Sir!
Re: What Should I Do? Learn A Skill Or Continue Job Hunting by johnfem321: 2:12pm On Jul 18, 2022
Go get Uber Corolla first drive yourself.. use the money to be looking after your family.. pending the time you will get a new job and learn your skill

2 Likes

Re: What Should I Do? Learn A Skill Or Continue Job Hunting by VlamesIffect(f): 2:12pm On Jul 18, 2022
How will you be in banking & finance for 5 years. & You don't have investments? Or some business by the side? You are talking about savings. So all people are taught in school is to having a degree in finance but use it to work for people but don't apply it to yourself?

Finance is a very good career if you know what you are doing. Wether working for someone or as an establishment. Everybody wants to make money & as a financier with such years of experience people will talk to you, put your knowledge to work & source for capital.

4 Likes

Re: What Should I Do? Learn A Skill Or Continue Job Hunting by MeghaneMorgane(f): 2:13pm On Jul 18, 2022
Do both! Even the Bible say plant in the morning and night because you don’t know which one will bring forth seeds.

2 Likes

Re: What Should I Do? Learn A Skill Or Continue Job Hunting by SMJay: 2:16pm On Jul 18, 2022
emmanuelbrown26:
Food business
Transport business
Oga look into either of d two
Food business: within 2months u dun learn am finish (if u smart enough)
The bolded, if he will not drive it himself, he should forget venturing. I am talking from experience.
Re: What Should I Do? Learn A Skill Or Continue Job Hunting by VlamesIffect(f): 2:19pm On Jul 18, 2022
ZiniPips:
$17 profit for today's trading. Though it might look small but money management is vital. Why not give it a trial with as little as $30 to $50 and watch me give you that extra income you need. So as to give you room to perfect other valuable skills to argument your income. A trial will convince you. It's a win win situation for you and I.

Shutup

Na una dey mk dem say fx na scam......

@Threesha tell him to link the account to a trade explorer & send you the link

Make sure you have Access to at least 6 months of performance before you give him 1 dollar or 1 cent.

2 Likes

Re: What Should I Do? Learn A Skill Or Continue Job Hunting by helicoptarr: 2:20pm On Jul 18, 2022
Both!
Re: What Should I Do? Learn A Skill Or Continue Job Hunting by Acidosis(m): 2:33pm On Jul 18, 2022
VlamesIffect:
How will you be in banking & finance for 10 years. & You don't have investments? Or some business by the side? You are talking about savings. So all people are taught in school is to having a degree in finance but use it to work for people but don't apply it to yourself?

"Half a decade" = 5 years.

1 Like

Re: What Should I Do? Learn A Skill Or Continue Job Hunting by uwemjack(m): 2:36pm On Jul 18, 2022
Threesha:
From DM
Learn a trade and keep applying
Re: What Should I Do? Learn A Skill Or Continue Job Hunting by Contagious100d(m): 2:37pm On Jul 18, 2022
Learn a skill bro. Anything you know you can do with your hands is something that will be permanent with you, and you will earn with it throughout your life time. E. g, you can learn how to produce quality paint products. I swear down you will be cashing out big time. You can check my sn for more info.

2 Likes

Re: What Should I Do? Learn A Skill Or Continue Job Hunting by Acidosis(m): 2:38pm On Jul 18, 2022
OlumSOJ:
Good day to you my Brother. As an experienced married man that went through the same situation in the early year 2000, I want to advise you not to loose hope. With your savings, shear it into two, then learn how to drive Keke Marwa (You should be perfect within 4 weeks) then make a purchase of a new one with your half of savings or you go to your bank for partly loan to finance part of the purchase. With Marwa driving, you can make more than 150K every month. The remaining part of the savings could be used to finance the household. May the Grace of God Almighty shine on you and your household. It is well with you. Amen.

From banking to marwa driving?

Please, this young man is in his early 30s, according to @OP. Many things he could do with his life, experience, and academic qualification. Better to join a school, take economics or finance classes than go into marwa driving at 30.

2 Likes

Re: What Should I Do? Learn A Skill Or Continue Job Hunting by okpmoses: 2:39pm On Jul 18, 2022
It's good to learn a skill also,think of your wife.it would b good if your wife learns a skill too

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Niit Scholarship Exam: / It Is May 1st: Are You Currently Enjoying Your Place Of Work. / Massive Recruitment At Queen's College Aba.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.