Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,963 members, 7,817,837 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:47 PM

Shaki: What I Saw On The meat(towel) In The Market This Morning(picture) - Food (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Shaki: What I Saw On The meat(towel) In The Market This Morning(picture) (71857 Views)

Pepper Kpomo And Shaki With Vegetables / See The Meat Pie A Content Creator Bought In Ibadan - Photo / Bayelsa Residents Kill Crocodile, Share The Meat (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shaki: What I Saw On The meat(towel) In The Market This Morning(picture) by money121(m): 3:48pm On Jul 19, 2022
chigoziri2403:
I think you should be more concerned about what you wrote in your first paragraph

What you said there is more alarming than the maggots infested meat you bought
grin grin grin
Re: Shaki: What I Saw On The meat(towel) In The Market This Morning(picture) by cochexky: 3:51pm On Jul 19, 2022
Chijeep:
Went to the market this morning, was sent by girlfriend's mother because my house is closer to the market. She sent me to help her buy some food stuff including meat that when I pass through her house she will give me the money as I use to take the path on my way to work.

I wanted to ask the meat seller but I thought I might not get a better info as she's the one selling.

So i use style to take the picture so i can ask people when i get home in the evening.
TO MY OWN OBSERVATION, I THINK IT'S WORMS BUT IF IT'S SHOULD BE WORMS THEN THE COW WOULD BE SUFFERING FROM A SICKNESS BEFORE BUTCHERING.
What's your take on this pls?
And should in case of next time can i buy such if I needed to buy intestines.

THANKS

Continue.. Na people like you de quick divorce.
Re: Shaki: What I Saw On The meat(towel) In The Market This Morning(picture) by Nobody: 3:52pm On Jul 19, 2022
chigoziri2403:
I wanted to be sure he meant what he wrote
well i guess he meant what he typed. . . . . . . another SIMPle man.
Re: Shaki: What I Saw On The meat(towel) In The Market This Morning(picture) by christistruth01: 3:53pm On Jul 19, 2022
budaatum:
First thing a local cattle herder does with a sick cow is pray. If prayer fails he bleeds it, and if bleeding fails he calls a vet. If vet fails he calls a butcher who slaughters it and sells it for meat.

A dead sick cow is worth nothing while a butchered sick cow is bought cheap and sold in the market for full price. Unfortunately, buyers would be buying both the poison the vet fed it plus the poison the vet was trying to cure, which is why we Nigerians should consider buying our meat from university qualified ranch cattle rearers and butchers, instead of from illiterate cattle herders.

Unfortunately, Nigerians have not yet begun going to university to learn to rear cattle.

They have University of Ibadan dept of Agriculture even have a Cattle ranch

Local Herders use local herbs like Dogonyaro leaves red Onions ,Tumeric , Ginger etc to treat their Sick Animals it is only Surgery they haven't yet started doing on their Sick animals

Although Bleeding the animal can be considered as a minor surgery

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Shaki: What I Saw On The meat(towel) In The Market This Morning(picture) by Revoluxe: 3:57pm On Jul 19, 2022
Na cancer of the stomach
Re: Shaki: What I Saw On The meat(towel) In The Market This Morning(picture) by swissgoldenpro2: 3:58pm On Jul 19, 2022
This is really serious
Re: Shaki: What I Saw On The meat(towel) In The Market This Morning(picture) by Ppp1p: 4:14pm On Jul 19, 2022
Really
Re: Shaki: What I Saw On The meat(towel) In The Market This Morning(picture) by Siggysaga: 4:17pm On Jul 19, 2022
Mariangeles:

I usually sprinkle some salt onto raw meats, leave them for some minutes before I wash, but I've observed they kinda harden up.

Thanks nne.
I feel a bit better. Hahahaha cheesy

These people want us to stop eating afo anu. grin
grin This girl sef. U are very funny

1 Like

Re: Shaki: What I Saw On The meat(towel) In The Market This Morning(picture) by kcdendelo: 4:23pm On Jul 19, 2022
chigoziri2403:
I think you should be more concerned about what you wrote in your first paragraph

lol
Re: Shaki: What I Saw On The meat(towel) In The Market This Morning(picture) by Luckysbab: 4:25pm On Jul 19, 2022
budaatum:

One might live by the sea or river and not "those fishes you buy in the market, pre-frozen stage".

Vegetables are a valid option if not, unless you'd like to ask me if I have not seen those vegetables you buy in the market, pre-fill this space stage so you may laugh more.

cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Shaki: What I Saw On The meat(towel) In The Market This Morning(picture) by Belteshazzar1: 4:27pm On Jul 19, 2022
It is called "red blood cell"
Re: Shaki: What I Saw On The meat(towel) In The Market This Morning(picture) by pocohantas(f): 4:28pm On Jul 19, 2022
kkins25:

Sorry ma, as a biologist and one who's project defense was about parasites, I must tell YOU, salt water or lime are useless against these parasites. If salt water never kill human, na parasite wey get more than 100time tougher "skin" e wan kee?? think am now.

Don't forget, the parasites in fish are coming from the sea which is also salt water. Get the point.

Saying lime works for you is the same way some ladies say drinking lime after coitus prevents pregnancy. it's just anecdotal.

You're most likely not eating your meat medium cooked, so there may be little reason to worry. But if you see beef like the one in the OP, don't chop... infestation is too much and cooking it inside volcano won't protect you.

Painfully true. The number of times I have told my mum this. They think it is earthworm.

grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shaki: What I Saw On The meat(towel) In The Market This Morning(picture) by Starhearts: 4:30pm On Jul 19, 2022
chigoziri2403:

One big stout 4 u.
Oya bar man ova to U.
U really makes good comment
Re: Shaki: What I Saw On The meat(towel) In The Market This Morning(picture) by ItsmeF: 4:32pm On Jul 19, 2022
Chijeep:
Went to the market this morning, was sent by girlfriend's mother because my house is closer to the market. She sent me to help her buy some food stuff including meat that when I pass through her house she will give me the money as I use to take the path on my way to work.

I wanted to ask the meat seller but I thought I might not get a better info as she's the one selling.

So i use style to take the picture so i can ask people when i get home in the evening.
TO MY OWN OBSERVATION, I THINK IT'S WORMS BUT IF IT'S SHOULD BE WORMS THEN THE COW WOULD BE SUFFERING FROM A SICKNESS BEFORE BUTCHERING.
What's your take on this pls?
And should in case of next time can i buy such if I needed to buy intestines.

THANKS

It's parasites found on the cow tripe(towel) which is the stomach lining of the cow. Some cows do have that and some don't. Always use hot water to peel your towel before cooking, e get why. If you fail, na cow poo u dey eat o

1 Like

Re: Shaki: What I Saw On The meat(towel) In The Market This Morning(picture) by Starhearts: 4:33pm On Jul 19, 2022
Mariangeles:

So, you no fit go message for elders again? Na wah o!

Maria iya Jesu.
In English mother of Jesus?
Who hurts u.
D guy is a fool
Re: Shaki: What I Saw On The meat(towel) In The Market This Morning(picture) by AbleGodsolution(m): 4:34pm On Jul 19, 2022
Personally I don't see anything wrong with the op helping his babe's mom get stuff from the market

If that's ur definition of "errand boi" then I think I don't mind being one,
shocked
It's nothing to me as far as I got the time cool cool
Re: Shaki: What I Saw On The meat(towel) In The Market This Morning(picture) by Mariangeles(f): 4:35pm On Jul 19, 2022
Starhearts:

Maria iya Jesu.
In English mother of Jesus?
Who hurts u.
D guy is a fool

E saa rora.
Re: Shaki: What I Saw On The meat(towel) In The Market This Morning(picture) by Ese2ehi: 4:43pm On Jul 19, 2022
Zonefree:

Are you not shameless to type this? Your gf mum turned you to errand boy and you're comfortable. Tomorrow she will send you to help wash her undies undecided

Have little respect for yourself as a man. Tueh!

It's possible that it's the gf mom that feed her. I imagine the level of relationship that the gf mom can send you message
Re: Shaki: What I Saw On The meat(towel) In The Market This Morning(picture) by 1Sharon(f): 4:45pm On Jul 19, 2022
doggedfighter:

I think those are worms , usually found in the intestines but not properly cleaned and washed grin

I wouldn't say they're contaminated.

It is!

Those look like the cysts of a tapeworm.

If someone consumes that, they'll get infected.
Re: Shaki: What I Saw On The meat(towel) In The Market This Morning(picture) by Perocom(m): 4:48pm On Jul 19, 2022
doggedfighter:
undecided

Your girlfriend's mother sent you to go buy foodstuff and meat for her on a Monday morning?

Am I right ?

I am female but they are things I try very hard to understand.

And this right here is one of them.

He is an errand boyfriend

1 Like

Re: Shaki: What I Saw On The meat(towel) In The Market This Morning(picture) by imagrg(m): 4:50pm On Jul 19, 2022
An errand boy bought spoilt beaf! grin
Re: Shaki: What I Saw On The meat(towel) In The Market This Morning(picture) by SilvanusII(m): 4:52pm On Jul 19, 2022
Chijeep:

Even a little boy can ask for a favour from me as long as it doesn't cost me anything and I'll comfortably do it. My house is close to the market so it's nothing to me n I resume wrk by 9am

Thank you for this answer. God will bless you. I cannot imagine the stupidity from the heads of the many idiots condemning your going to the market.

2 Likes

Re: Shaki: What I Saw On The meat(towel) In The Market This Morning(picture) by seangy4konji: 4:55pm On Jul 19, 2022
They have collected monday from your hand and given you wednesday...

You deh go buy meat for your gf mother

Your girlfriend is sickyour girlfriend family travel or are in a mental institutiion...

To make it in life and in this buhari goverment go hard you ooo...

No be curse.
Re: Shaki: What I Saw On The meat(towel) In The Market This Morning(picture) by 1Sharon(f): 4:57pm On Jul 19, 2022
pocohantas:
Many people do not even know that shaki should be white after cleaning.

When cleaned properly, that black nonsense would give way for the white part. Some restaurants still sell it black like this.

I'm so disgusted
Re: Shaki: What I Saw On The meat(towel) In The Market This Morning(picture) by kkins25(m): 5:00pm On Jul 19, 2022
pocohantas:

Painfully true. The number of times I have told my mum this. They think it is earthworm.

grin grin
grin grin grin
"What the elderly can see when standing on two feet, the youth cannot see even if they stand on ladder". Sounds familiar? cheesy grin grin
Re: Shaki: What I Saw On The meat(towel) In The Market This Morning(picture) by 1Sharon(f): 5:00pm On Jul 19, 2022
Afoonja:

You use hot water to remove the back of the meat. That's how to cure it. It's normal worms found in almost 1 in every 5 Nigerian nama

It's not normal in anyway.
Re: Shaki: What I Saw On The meat(towel) In The Market This Morning(picture) by YourFavorite21(m): 5:03pm On Jul 19, 2022
shantti:

Sounds like imo. They like saying nga all the time grin grin
yea, the way they speak their own igbo language is funny though, especially Abia state grin grin
Re: Shaki: What I Saw On The meat(towel) In The Market This Morning(picture) by FREDCLSSICO7(m): 5:09pm On Jul 19, 2022
Zonefree:

Are you not shameless to type this? Your gf mum turned you to errand boy and you're comfortable. Tomorrow she will send you to help wash her undies undecided

Have little respect for yourself as a man. Tueh!
Comrade this ur vawulence level is high o
abeg increase so we at the back can hear you
Re: Shaki: What I Saw On The meat(towel) In The Market This Morning(picture) by Frankicent(m): 5:17pm On Jul 19, 2022
chigoziri2403:

LoL e shock me too. No respect.
Re: Shaki: What I Saw On The meat(towel) In The Market This Morning(picture) by Musty112: 5:17pm On Jul 19, 2022
budaatum:

You might. I wouldn't. There are different levels of "educated farmers" just as there are different levels of "local fulani farmers".

By the way, do you also think school na scam?

I try brother, some will even refer to me as learned in a particular parlance. I don't think school na scam.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Shaki: What I Saw On The meat(towel) In The Market This Morning(picture) by fluffybaby(f): 5:19pm On Jul 19, 2022
Chijeep:

No... not really. But they're disgusting

Worms. That's why you clean every surface with vinegar and warm soapy water after processing raw meat in your kitchen. If there are eggs left on your counter and you cut let's say fruit on it, na worm infestation be that o

1 Like

Re: Shaki: What I Saw On The meat(towel) In The Market This Morning(picture) by jimtemi1: 5:20pm On Jul 19, 2022
doggedfighter:
undecided

Your girlfriend's mother sent you to go buy foodstuff and meat for her on a Monday morning?

Am I right ?

I am female but they are things I try very hard to understand.

And this right here is one of them.
The wife's family may be rich, but if he is even poor, he has to have some dignity as a man nonsense

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Antelope Killed Today For Easter / Need Help,how Many Measure Of Rice Can Feed 100 People / The N500 Onions I Bought Today In Port Harcourt.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.