Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,842 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:37 AM

Shaki: What I Saw On The meat(towel) In The Market This Morning(picture) - Food (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Shaki: What I Saw On The meat(towel) In The Market This Morning(picture) (71865 Views)

Pepper Kpomo And Shaki With Vegetables / See The Meat Pie A Content Creator Bought In Ibadan - Photo / Bayelsa Residents Kill Crocodile, Share The Meat (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shaki: What I Saw On The meat(towel) In The Market This Morning(picture) by armyofone(m): 8:18pm On Jul 19, 2022
Nigerians meat vendors should use bleach to wash Trippe or Shaki.

That part of meat harbor great deal of germs!
Re: Shaki: What I Saw On The meat(towel) In The Market This Morning(picture) by doggedfighter(f): 8:19pm On Jul 19, 2022
Teymanhenry:

This a showdy with one hell of a brain

What's showdy, please?
Re: Shaki: What I Saw On The meat(towel) In The Market This Morning(picture) by Dwana96(m): 8:54pm On Jul 19, 2022
chigoziri2403:
I think you should be more concerned about what you wrote in your first paragraph

What you said there is more alarming than the maggots infested meat you bought
I don laugh piss for body�����
Re: Shaki: What I Saw On The meat(towel) In The Market This Morning(picture) by Mariangeles(f): 8:58pm On Jul 19, 2022
armyofone:

Iya mi, bleach?
Shey won't we die bayi? cheesy
Re: Shaki: What I Saw On The meat(towel) In The Market This Morning(picture) by descarado: 9:00pm On Jul 19, 2022
Mariangeles:

I usually sprinkle some salt onto raw meats, leave them for some minutes before I wash, but I've observed they kinda harden up.

Thanks nne.
I feel a bit better. Hahahaha cheesy

These people want us to stop eating afo anu. grin
Soak in vinegar for a while. As a matter of fact, from fruits to veggie to fish etc, just use vinegar.
Re: Shaki: What I Saw On The meat(towel) In The Market This Morning(picture) by descarado: 9:04pm On Jul 19, 2022
armyofone:

Army, bleach shocked shocked cheesy
Vinegar and small salt is what they use to cook it.
Geez cheesy

1 Like

Re: Shaki: What I Saw On The meat(towel) In The Market This Morning(picture) by armyofone(m): 9:22pm On Jul 19, 2022
Mariangeles:

Iya mi, bleach?
Shey won't we die bayi? cheesy

Iya mi, yes bleach grin kills all the germs.
Re: Shaki: What I Saw On The meat(towel) In The Market This Morning(picture) by armyofone(m): 9:26pm On Jul 19, 2022
descarado:

Army, bleach shocked shocked cheesy
Vinegar and small salt is what they use to cook it.
Geez cheesy

Yes, do you see the tripe in the store ? Whiter than
snow. Enter Chinese or Italian stores and check their meat section for tripe - It is only whiter tripe you'd see grin

Taste good plus no germs grin

I do use bleach and water conc to wash my fruits such as apples, oranges cheesy
Re: Shaki: What I Saw On The meat(towel) In The Market This Morning(picture) by SweetDipBenny(m): 9:28pm On Jul 19, 2022
I dont understand wat am lookin at here
Re: Shaki: What I Saw On The meat(towel) In The Market This Morning(picture) by BluntCrazeMan: 9:33pm On Jul 19, 2022
Ninisun:

How does his goodwill affect you? Are you so bitter and disrespectful to your family? Can't you sow love and kindness for Christ's sake? Abeg I no get time for nairaland boys.
Let me take it that you're the mother of a 21yr old lady.
So, you're saying that sending a guy you don't know very well whom you usually see around your daughter is something ideal??
Ok..
You already assume he is good to be your son, since he has something going with your daughter??
Anyway,, keep it up.
Your persona and your personality is totally different from mine.
I don't assume on people.
So, let me not assume on you too.
Re: Shaki: What I Saw On The meat(towel) In The Market This Morning(picture) by Nobody: 9:36pm On Jul 19, 2022
BluntCrazeMan:
Let me take it that you're a mother of a 21yr old lady.
So, sending a guy you don't know very well whom you usually see around her is something ideal??

And what big deal is it biko I used to think like you but life has taught me not to always take this life so serious! There are some gestures that do not hurt and so why perturbed by it? That negative effect you have in mind won't even happen and so stop.
Re: Shaki: What I Saw On The meat(towel) In The Market This Morning(picture) by BluntCrazeMan: 9:40pm On Jul 19, 2022
Ninisun:

And what big deal is it biko I used to think like you but life has taught me not to always take this life so serious! There are some gestures that do not hurt and so why perturbed by it? That negative effect you have in mind won't even happen and so stop.
You are different from me.
Life have shown me too that we are all different.
And I can only predict myself based on myself.
And yes.
The negative effect I told in the comment is an experience I have witnessed many times.
(Meanwhile, I modified the comment you quoted)
Re: Shaki: What I Saw On The meat(towel) In The Market This Morning(picture) by BluntCrazeMan: 9:42pm On Jul 19, 2022
Ninisun:

And I also learnt something very useful in this life too.
Don't give unnecessary details.
Re: Shaki: What I Saw On The meat(towel) In The Market This Morning(picture) by descarado: 9:47pm On Jul 19, 2022
armyofone:

Yes, do you see the tripe in the store ? Whiter than
snow. Enter Chinese or Italian stores and check their meat section for tripe - It is only whiter tripe you'd see grin

Taste good plus no germs grin

I do use bleach and water conc to wash my fruits such as apples, oranges cheesy
please I beg you stop using bleach. Here in the UK,
What you need to clean anything you eat is white vinegar.
You don't need any other thing. Even during covid. People were advised to use vinegar to clean everything. It is save, kills germs 100%.
Please please, not bleach.
Re: Shaki: What I Saw On The meat(towel) In The Market This Morning(picture) by Nobody: 9:47pm On Jul 19, 2022
BluntCrazeMan:
And I also learnt something very useful in this life too.
Don't give unnecessary details.

To stir up emotions grin...this life no hard abeg. OP should also buy fufu for her if he feels good about it. Na how to vote out APC is my wahala now, interest rate is now 14%
Re: Shaki: What I Saw On The meat(towel) In The Market This Morning(picture) by luluman: 9:49pm On Jul 19, 2022
Chijeep:
Went to the market this morning, was sent by girlfriend's mother because my house is closer to the market. She sent me to help her buy some food stuff including meat that when I pass through her house she will give me the money as I use to take the path on my way to work.

I wanted to ask the meat seller but I thought I might not get a better info as she's the one selling.

So i use style to take the picture so i can ask people when i get home in the evening.
TO MY OWN OBSERVATION, I THINK IT'S WORMS BUT IF IT'S SHOULD BE WORMS THEN THE COW WOULD BE SUFFERING FROM A SICKNESS BEFORE BUTCHERING.
What's your take on this pls?
And should in case of next time can i buy such if I needed to buy intestines.

THANKS
You confuse us with your incomprehensible write up tho.
Re: Shaki: What I Saw On The meat(towel) In The Market This Morning(picture) by BluntCrazeMan: 10:09pm On Jul 19, 2022
Ninisun:

To stir up emotions grin...this life no hard abeg. OP should also buy fufu for her if he feels good about it. Na how to vote out APC is my wahala now, interest rate is now 14%
On the right political threads, we can discuss those ones.
But whenever it comes to issues of romance and love and life and family,, they are too deep and too dynamic.
And thus, we all suggest based on our individual differences.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Shaki: What I Saw On The meat(towel) In The Market This Morning(picture) by Nobody: 10:18pm On Jul 19, 2022
BluntCrazeMan:
On the right political threads, we can discuss those ones.
But whenever it comes to issues of romance and love and life and family,, they are too deep and too dynamic.
And thus, we all suggest based on our individual differences.

That's to let you know I don't take this life so serious anymore! Allow people to live their lives...you might be a mumu to your babe, mother in law or wife unknowingly.
Re: Shaki: What I Saw On The meat(towel) In The Market This Morning(picture) by BluntCrazeMan: 10:24pm On Jul 19, 2022
Ninisun:

That's to let you know I don't take this life so serious anymore! Allow people to live their lives...you might be a mumu to your babe, mother in law or wife unknowingly.
Anyway..
Whatever that suits them..
You can also agree with me that a lot of people bringing issues on Nairaland are bringing up highly avoidable issues..
Thus, they happened to be people who were living their (should I say,, carefree-) lives, and were paying blind eyes to some certain things which they would have taken cautiously..
(You know, unto say, this life is just once, and should not be taken all-that seriously)
Re: Shaki: What I Saw On The meat(towel) In The Market This Morning(picture) by Nobody: 10:28pm On Jul 19, 2022
BluntCrazeMan:
Anyway..
Whatever that suits them..
You can also agree with me that a lot of people bringing issues on Nairaland are bringing up highly avoidable issues..
Thus, they happened to be people who were living their (should I say,, carefree-) lives, and were paying blind eyes to some certain things which they would have taken cautiously..
(You know, unto say, this life is just once, and should not be taken all-that seriously)

But it's no biggy to buy meat for her na, he might be less than 25 years sef.
Re: Shaki: What I Saw On The meat(towel) In The Market This Morning(picture) by SPAMBOX7: 10:42pm On Jul 19, 2022
chigoziri2403:
I think you should be more concerned about what you wrote in your first paragraph

What you said there is more alarming than the maggots infested meat you bought
my brother eh grin

1 Like

Re: Shaki: What I Saw On The meat(towel) In The Market This Morning(picture) by deavicky(m): 11:04pm On Jul 19, 2022
doggedfighter:

That particular one is still very fresh.
so u ignore all this complain above to respond to that person?. All wetin they dey talk no concern you abi?.
Re: Shaki: What I Saw On The meat(towel) In The Market This Morning(picture) by drdanny(m): 11:12pm On Jul 19, 2022
This is Bovine Tuberculosis of the stomach. The cow is infected and anyone who eats this meat will likely contract TB of the abdomen
Re: Shaki: What I Saw On The meat(towel) In The Market This Morning(picture) by BluntCrazeMan: 11:25pm On Jul 19, 2022
Ninisun:

But it's no biggy to buy meat for her na, he might be less than 25 years sef.
Well..
Whatever that suits them.
Re: Shaki: What I Saw On The meat(towel) In The Market This Morning(picture) by shegz24(m): 11:38pm On Jul 19, 2022
budaatum:
First thing a local cattle herder does with a sick cow is pray. If prayer fails he bleeds it, and if bleeding fails he calls a vet. If vet fails he calls a butcher who slaughters it and sells it for meat.

A dead sick cow is worth nothing while a butchered sick cow is bought cheap and sold in the market for full price. Unfortunately, buyers would be buying both the poison the vet fed it plus the poison the vet was trying to cure, which is why we Nigerians should consider buying our meat from university qualified ranch cattle rearers and butchers instead of from illiterate cattle herders.

Unfortunately, Nigerians have not yet begun going to university to learn to rear cattle.

Or fry the meat after boiling it well.

Or just roast it deep.
Re: Shaki: What I Saw On The meat(towel) In The Market This Morning(picture) by olamoses75(m): 11:48pm On Jul 19, 2022
Your gf mother dey send you go market on Monday morning? Oya place your hands on your head and repeat after me; “my Heavenly Father, every spirituality towing with my destiny, let them catch fire in Jesus name. Amen”
Re: Shaki: What I Saw On The meat(towel) In The Market This Morning(picture) by sulaak(m): 12:00am On Jul 20, 2022
budaatum:
First thing a local cattle herder does with a sick cow is pray. If prayer fails he bleeds it, and if bleeding fails he calls a vet. If vet fails he calls a butcher who slaughters it and sells it for meat.

A dead sick cow is worth nothing while a butchered sick cow is bought cheap and sold in the market for full price. Unfortunately, buyers would be buying both the poison the vet fed it plus the poison the vet was trying to cure, which is why we Nigerians should consider buying our meat from university qualified ranch cattle rearers and butchers, instead of from illiterate cattle herders.

Unfortunately, Nigerians have not yet begun going to university to learn to rear cattle.

Yes, we have universities that deliver studies on cattle husbandry, my first degree was Animal Science at UI, although I transfer to Agriculture Engineering in the 2 years. Nigeria has more than 40 institutions that conduct studies on all forms of Agriculture.

For the record, I was in UI in the late 1980s

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Shaki: What I Saw On The meat(towel) In The Market This Morning(picture) by armyofone(m): 12:02am On Jul 20, 2022
descarado:

please I beg you stop using bleach. Here in the UK,
What you need to clean anything you eat is white vinegar.
You don't need any other thing. Even during covid. People were advised to use vinegar to clean everything. It is save, kills germs 100%.
Please please, not bleach.

You won't even know there is bleach. As a scientific person, I'm good sis.
Vinegar- only to remove odor of that panla my sister cooked grin
Re: Shaki: What I Saw On The meat(towel) In The Market This Morning(picture) by zeyt: 12:09am On Jul 20, 2022
These are parasites called fluke. They are harmless and highly nutritious. Can't pass to humans though.
Re: Shaki: What I Saw On The meat(towel) In The Market This Morning(picture) by budaatum: 12:54am On Jul 20, 2022
sulaak:

Yes, we have universities that deliver studies on cattle husbandry, my first degree was Animal Science at UI, although I transfer to Agriculture Engineering in the 2 years. Nigeria has more than 40 institutions that conduct studies on all forms of Agriculture.

For the record, I was in UI in the late 1980s

I do know we have universities that teach husbandry. Most don't work in it though, and most definitely wouldn't consider butchering as a career. Even you transferred to Agriculture Engineering in the 2 years instead of Agriculture as a butcher.

People want cheap so likely can not afford to buy quality meat from a qualified university husbandry butcher, and the university husbandry butcher seems to have not yet found ways to reduce price to affordability or increase cost (by lobbying for policy i.e.), to force cheap uneducated butchers out the market.

I wept when Nigerians opposed ranches. Many somehow thought the Fulani cattle herder had enough knowledge to ruga cattle in an enclosement when in fact it would have killed off the uneducated ignorant herders because they would not be able to feed their cattle.

It's a health issue. May Dora Akunyili rest in eternal peace.
Re: Shaki: What I Saw On The meat(towel) In The Market This Morning(picture) by armyofone(m): 1:37am On Jul 20, 2022
zeyt:
These are parasites called fluke. They are harmless and highly nutritious. Can't pass to humans though.

You mean can pass to humans though ?

Not good to consume parasites or fluke.

That shake could have tapeworm or liver fluke.
Re: Shaki: What I Saw On The meat(towel) In The Market This Morning(picture) by tianshie(m): 3:02am On Jul 20, 2022
Mariangeles:
Ahu a chirila'm! undecided

Op, did you see them(the worms) move?

Yes.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Antelope Killed Today For Easter / The N500 Onions I Bought Today In Port Harcourt. / Coca-Cola Launches First Alcoholic Drink (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.