Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,276 members, 7,815,462 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:46 PM

Seyi Tinubu’s N340 Million Richard Mille Wristwatch Stuns Nigerians - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Seyi Tinubu’s N340 Million Richard Mille Wristwatch Stuns Nigerians (78036 Views)

Seyi Tinubu Shows Off His N340 Million Naira Wrist Watch / Seyi Tinubu’s N340 Million Richard Mille Wristwatch Stuns Nigerians / Petrol May Cost N340/litre After Subsidy Removal In 2022 — Kyari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Seyi Tinubu’s N340 Million Richard Mille Wristwatch Stuns Nigerians by kizyalex10(m): 3:27pm On Jul 20, 2022
I wonder how rich I will be to the extent of wearing 380 million naira watch while people around me are hungry and broke,even if all my relatives re rich what of the entire community.why won’t I open a business or a company that will employ many .this is why we are still like the way we are
Re: Seyi Tinubu’s N340 Million Richard Mille Wristwatch Stuns Nigerians by Vulturereloaded: 3:29pm On Jul 20, 2022
yetunsbay:
Why is PO son in London ?

Shouldn't we suppose to be in this same country together.

Level playing ground. Nobody will offer him anything in london because he is peter obis son. In Nigeria, people will give him what he does not deserve.

He can be anywhere he wants, as long as its not with state funds.
Re: Seyi Tinubu’s N340 Million Richard Mille Wristwatch Stuns Nigerians by Vulturereloaded: 3:31pm On Jul 20, 2022
Marvins009:

Hypocrisy peter obi daughter was a front for his Pandora offshore heaven so he is no saint

He was rich before. Chairing bank boards, he could easily raise capital for any investment. Did his daughter alsk front for the 1 million pounds house he bought in london before being governor?
Re: Seyi Tinubu’s N340 Million Richard Mille Wristwatch Stuns Nigerians by BIZNess123(m): 3:32pm On Jul 20, 2022
lailo:

Are u saying a typical civil servant goes home with #8million annually?? Plus #20m gratuity That civil servant must be working in Aso Rock treasury.......

Lol am just saying..
Re: Seyi Tinubu’s N340 Million Richard Mille Wristwatch Stuns Nigerians by Vulturereloaded: 3:33pm On Jul 20, 2022
27Pushing30:

Against obi? A man who set up “shell companies” abroad?

Please don’t be ignorant … name one country where the son of a nobody can become somebody without knowing anybody?

Name one story local or foreign where the son of a nobody became somebody without knowing anybody ?!!

The average PO supporter is very ignorant.

Who did mark Zuckerberg, bill gates, steve jobs know?

How much was obi worth before becoming governor? He was already rich, and is not surving on state funds.

He does not even collect pensions, unlike tinubu, whose family have not left lagos state purse till date.
Re: Seyi Tinubu’s N340 Million Richard Mille Wristwatch Stuns Nigerians by Nobody: 3:47pm On Jul 20, 2022
Mide1data:
His father is rich na, atleast the last time I checked tinubu was the richest politician in 9ja.

Where he got his money - IDK.

And only Efulefu will think of supporting that criminal

Re: Seyi Tinubu’s N340 Million Richard Mille Wristwatch Stuns Nigerians by 27Pushing30: 3:58pm On Jul 20, 2022
Vulturereloaded:

How much was obi worth before becoming governor? He was already rich, and is not surving on state funds.

He does not even collect pensions, unlike tinubu, whose family have not left lagos state purse till date.

If you bothered to read what you wrote ehn e for good...

Obi's businesses are still enjoying Anambra govt funds and patronage.

Obi's said he saved money...which bank did he keep it?

please get educated... politics na game.

You're worse than a PAWN... you're the board lol dem just dey use you play
Re: Seyi Tinubu’s N340 Million Richard Mille Wristwatch Stuns Nigerians by MuslimIgbo: 4:07pm On Jul 20, 2022
nkem1992:

An average igbo man is individualistic, egocentric and self centered, that's the case with the governors, they never expected the huge support obi is getting or maybe they want to play the nother politrick. Whatsoever i\we the common masses don't give a damn. We have seen the difference in obi and we have opted for him and would eventually vote for him...
Igbos supported atiku 2019, obasanjo,1999 and 2003, yaradua 2007, You'll only complain if it were an osibanjo. Not all igbos though, but most igbos will not support tinubu. Igbos have a track record of supporting the best candidate, at the moment obi is the lesser evil, we will not change in an attempt to impress you that we love other tribe. the igbos will go for atiku or obi but not tinubu unless for selfish or monetary gain.Moreover his desperation which birthed the Emilokan slogan and his naivety which birthed the agbado and cassava mantra has limited his chances. If you expect igbos and christians to vote for despite the spade of insecurity and nepotism upheld by buhari and endorsed by tinubu then you are a joker. We will go with obi or atiku, tinubu is not an option, especially with his boko haram apologist Muslim running mate, i present my case.
Your first paragraph is the main reason Obi can never be the president of this country.
Igbos don't support fellow Igbos due to ego and pride. How do you expect that the majority of your people who are not supporting now now to support you later?
Re: Seyi Tinubu’s N340 Million Richard Mille Wristwatch Stuns Nigerians by Nobody: 4:08pm On Jul 20, 2022
The way people call this 300 million on an ordinary watch ehn, I find this hard to believe o shocked, 300 million can set up an entire lineage into life time wealth o!, thats what someone used to buy just a watch
Re: Seyi Tinubu’s N340 Million Richard Mille Wristwatch Stuns Nigerians by latolz: 4:09pm On Jul 20, 2022
I still don't understand how someone will come from osun and enslave the real owners and ancenstoral citizens of lagos for so long.. Kai
Re: Seyi Tinubu’s N340 Million Richard Mille Wristwatch Stuns Nigerians by CandyOps(m): 4:26pm On Jul 20, 2022
Godispeace:
or all u Biafra ipob/esn obidient ediots are casting yourselves

Hahaha grin bro, I just dey come from UK consulate in Mobolaji Bank Anthony way, Lagos. If you sabi that place you go know wetin dem dey do there.

My visa done set and I go leave una japa in a month's time so it's really none of my business if you hand over the next 8 years of your life to a drug Lord. At least, by the time he is done with una you go understand why he is called Jagaban. Bloody foool
Re: Seyi Tinubu’s N340 Million Richard Mille Wristwatch Stuns Nigerians by swaggerjack: 4:39pm On Jul 20, 2022
latolz:
I still don't understand how someone will come from osun and enslave the real owners and ancenstoral citizens of lagos for so long.. Kai
shocked
Re: Seyi Tinubu’s N340 Million Richard Mille Wristwatch Stuns Nigerians by einsteine(m): 4:42pm On Jul 20, 2022
meobizy:
If it’s not a smart watch then the money was utterly wasted. Who cares how much a watch is other than fellow watch watchers (pun intended)? Watch na watch. My wristwatch was purchased for five hundred naira yet it has served more than eight if not ten times its price tag. To justify the money spent on that fancy timepiece, it has to go down at least four branches of his family tree — highly impossible since Nigerians are quick to discard things.

Lol.

Premium watches are fantastic ways of holding wealth. It can be sold for 90-120% of its purchase cost, so just like people who spend multi-millions on paintings and sculpture, this is not a waste of money at all.

Also, premium watches are a good signaling tool to show you are elite. Your 500 naira watch will mark you as a broke ass among discerning people. That's why even understated billionaires who might be very thrifty and spend little or nothing on clothes or cars will spend huge amounts on Richard Mille or Patek or Rolex.

Wristwatches are not about utility. We could argue that your 500 naira was a waste as well since you can always look up time on your phone.

Bottom line, the wrist watch is not a waste.
Re: Seyi Tinubu’s N340 Million Richard Mille Wristwatch Stuns Nigerians by einsteine(m): 4:47pm On Jul 20, 2022
Vulturereloaded:

Bill Gates attended a secondary school that had super computers at a time most UNIVERSITIES in the US did not have super computers. The Chairman of IBM (who played a big part in Microsoft's success story) was a family friend. His father was the Head of the Washington State Bar Association.

Mark Zuckerberg attended America's most prominent and most expensive high school, Philip Exeter Academy.

Don't be naive. You need serious starting advantages to be successful anywhere in the world.
Re: Seyi Tinubu’s N340 Million Richard Mille Wristwatch Stuns Nigerians by SugarGirl44(f): 4:49pm On Jul 20, 2022
swaggerjack:
No wonder he was reading "Surrounded By Idiots" in his father $38 million dollar Falcon private jet.

Docile Lagosians have allowed them to turn Lagos treasury to their personal ATM.

Sha be calming down.
Lolz
Don't go and have epilepsy because of Tinubu oo....loolzz

How is your state? Answer the question.
Not supporting Seyi but all naija politicians are useless, so you can't excuse your governor and face only Tinubu.

The solution is to divide Nigeria.
Bye.
Re: Seyi Tinubu’s N340 Million Richard Mille Wristwatch Stuns Nigerians by einsteine(m): 4:49pm On Jul 20, 2022
Prozico22:

know legit business man go buy watch 340million

Lots of them will.

The same rich, legitimate business people who buy artworks and paintings for millions of dollars also buy premium Swiss wristwatches for hundreds of thousands of dollars.
Re: Seyi Tinubu’s N340 Million Richard Mille Wristwatch Stuns Nigerians by Ajehkpako4naija(m): 4:50pm On Jul 20, 2022
BIZNess123:
cool

It shall never be well with poverty.....

Imagine someone wearing a duplex in his hands..

A civil servants 40years salary plus pension
You talk like a thief. We know poverty is bad, but that doesn't make one spend like a spendthrift esp with taxpayers money. So shut up
Re: Seyi Tinubu’s N340 Million Richard Mille Wristwatch Stuns Nigerians by SugarGirl44(f): 4:51pm On Jul 20, 2022
latolz:

Stop taking paracetamol for another person's headache.
How market in your state first?
Re: Seyi Tinubu’s N340 Million Richard Mille Wristwatch Stuns Nigerians by einsteine(m): 4:52pm On Jul 20, 2022
Christistruth00:

Post the picture of the watch with the price on the company website

That is just an ordinary wristwatch I doubt it is worth up to N50,000

The last time this happened with Aisha Buhari it turned out to be a Cheap Copy Of the wristWatch

So you think Seyi Tinubu is wearing a fake? Lol.

His shirt alone is 700k+.

Seyi Tinubu will not be caught dead wearing a 50k wrist watch.
Re: Seyi Tinubu’s N340 Million Richard Mille Wristwatch Stuns Nigerians by kereman1: 4:54pm On Jul 20, 2022
MuslimIgbo:

And you're clean right?
You people leave your region in shackles to live among the good people of yorubas BECAUSE THEY ARE VERY ACCOMODATING, I trait that doesn't even exist among your people in the so-called middle belt, yet you still open your filthy mouth to criticise your host and expect them to be kissing your ass.
If your region was so good, WHAT ARE YOU DOING IN LAGOS?
The major problem of many of you is just that you're hypocrites and ingrates.

If benue was given the preferencial treatment given to Lagos, you and ur kin's will troop to Lagos for a better life, and u can't say all Yorubas are in Yoruba land, I know a lot of Yoruba men hustling as taxi driver in rivers and akwa ibom.

Statement like your would make an Igbo man opt for dissintrigation of Nigeria.
Re: Seyi Tinubu’s N340 Million Richard Mille Wristwatch Stuns Nigerians by meobizy(f): 4:55pm On Jul 20, 2022
einsteine:

Lol.

Premium watches are fantastic ways of holding wealth. It can be sold for 90-120% of its purchase cost, so just like people who spend multi-millions on paintings and sculpture, this is not a waste of money at all.

Also, premium watches are a good signaling tool to show you are elite. Your 500 naira watch will mark you as a broke ass among discerning people. That's why even understated billionaires who might be very thrifty and spend little or nothing on clothes or cars will spend huge amounts on Richard Mille or Patek or Rolex.

Wristwatches are not about utility. We could argue that your 500 naira was a waste as well since you can always look up time on your phone.

Bottom line, the wrist watch is not a waste.
His “elite” watch can’t trigger five alarms in a day or act as a stop watch. My cheap watch can do those and also sound off to indicate a new hour. The sweltering heat of my work environment will destroy the gears of his watch. If mine dies, I can easily throw it away to purchase another. My watch has a light I can press to know the time at night, his doesn’t. Watches are tools. I don’t see them as anything more.

I can’t use a phone in its place because of the threat of explosions.
Re: Seyi Tinubu’s N340 Million Richard Mille Wristwatch Stuns Nigerians by christistruth01: 5:07pm On Jul 20, 2022
einsteine:

So you think Seyi Tinubu is wearing a fake? Lol.

His shirt alone is 700k+.

Seyi Tinubu will not be caught dead wearing a 50k wrist watch.

Kindly post the Wristwatch Picture and the Price from the Company Website
Re: Seyi Tinubu’s N340 Million Richard Mille Wristwatch Stuns Nigerians by KingLarry04: 5:22pm On Jul 20, 2022
MedicH:

When u are already poor. Lol can u afford a 10k wrist watch lol.
You are an idiot,
get off my mention , fool
Re: Seyi Tinubu’s N340 Million Richard Mille Wristwatch Stuns Nigerians by MedicH: 5:55pm On Jul 20, 2022
KingLarry04:

I am an idiot,
I will get off your mention.

I am a fool

Case closed
Re: Seyi Tinubu’s N340 Million Richard Mille Wristwatch Stuns Nigerians by MuslimIgbo: 5:57pm On Jul 20, 2022
kereman1:

If benue was given the preferencial treatment given to Lagos, you and ur kin's will troop to Lagos for a better life, and u can't say all Yorubas are in Yoruba land, I know a lot of Yoruba men hustling as taxi driver in rivers and akwa ibom.

Statement like your would make an Igbo man opt for dissintrigation of Nigeria.
Do you have brains at all?
This is the same nonsense and mentality your father and grandfather had which makes them redundant.
The only preference any state could have is it's made the country's capital and the last time I checked, I guess you were not even born when the capital was moved to Abuja.
Why didn't you go to Abuja that's close to you, instead of coming all the way to Lagos?
You could as well stay back and develop your own state too.
For your nonsense notion, please tell me exactly 5 important preference that Lagos state is given that your state is deprived of.
Re: Seyi Tinubu’s N340 Million Richard Mille Wristwatch Stuns Nigerians by swissgoldenpro2: 6:18pm On Jul 20, 2022
It is well
Re: Seyi Tinubu’s N340 Million Richard Mille Wristwatch Stuns Nigerians by Joysammy: 6:58pm On Jul 20, 2022
Jostoman:
Can you imagine, and LAGOSIAN are begging radio and TV presenter to give them money to eat during covid-19 lockdown and Lagos landlord son is wearing 340million naira watch. LAGOSIAN Mumu too much

Can you imagine what? You are the fool here if you believe this nonsense.

The wrist watch Seyi used is not different from mine that I bought for N45,000. How come his own Worth's that amount...

You fools should know that when election is near, different stories will surface to malign or assassinate opponents name.

Don't be fool... Go back to school and study Political Science
Re: Seyi Tinubu’s N340 Million Richard Mille Wristwatch Stuns Nigerians by Prozico22(m): 7:34pm On Jul 20, 2022
einsteine:

Lots of them will.

The same rich, legitimate business people who buy artworks and paintings for millions of dollars also buy premium Swiss wristwatches for hundreds of thousands of dollars.

for nigeria name 1 legit nigeria business owner with that wrist watch
Re: Seyi Tinubu’s N340 Million Richard Mille Wristwatch Stuns Nigerians by Babalola0920: 7:39pm On Jul 20, 2022
Jostoman:
Can you imagine, and LAGOSIAN are begging radio and TV presenter to give them money to eat during covid-19 lockdown and Lagos landlord son is wearing 340million naira watch. LAGOSIAN Mumu too much

Which LAGOSIAN if your ancestors aren't from LAGOS don't claim LAGOSIAN OK especially the ABA people
Re: Seyi Tinubu’s N340 Million Richard Mille Wristwatch Stuns Nigerians by Obojuju: 8:22pm On Jul 20, 2022
God forbid Tinubu becomes president of Nigeria. I pity this country
Re: Seyi Tinubu’s N340 Million Richard Mille Wristwatch Stuns Nigerians by einsteine(m): 8:53pm On Jul 20, 2022
meobizy:
His “elite” watch can’t trigger five alarms in a day or act as a stop watch. My cheap watch can do those and also sound off to indicate a new hour. The sweltering heat of my work environment will destroy the gears of his watch. If mine dies, I can easily throw it away to purchase another. My watch has a light I can press to know the time at night, his doesn’t. Watches are tools. I don’t see them as anything more.

I can’t use a phone in its place because of the threat of explosions.

Are you seriously trying to make a case that your throw away wrist watch is better than a Richard Mille watch? You don't even know the features of a Richard Mille watch or the benefits. By the way, your excuse of not using a phone for all those functions (stop watch, alarm etc) does not hold. Millions of people use phones for that without incident.

Trust me, if you could afford a Richard Mille watch, you would have bought it. It's as simple as that.

This is 2022. For people of his level, watches are for fashion not tools. He has a PA to keep the time. And like I said earlier on, unlike most other luxury items, luxury watches hold their value. They could last 100 years or more.
Re: Seyi Tinubu’s N340 Million Richard Mille Wristwatch Stuns Nigerians by einsteine(m): 8:57pm On Jul 20, 2022
Prozico22:

for nigeria name 1 legit nigeria business owner with that wrist watch

I really don't have time for this no-true-scotsman fallacy that you are on about.

Initially, it was no legitimate business owner. If I name a Nigerian, you will then either say he or she is not legitimate or that you don't know the person.

Like I said in another post, these watches are a good form of alternative investments. Just like fine art or gold bullion or jewellery.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Buhari Watches As Sallah Ram Is Being Slaughtered / Ajimobi For Burial On Friday / RevolutionNow: Security Officials Shave Off Protester's Hair With Broken Bottles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.