Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,689 members, 7,816,814 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:45 PM

Texting Habits That Should Stop - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Texting Habits That Should Stop (29551 Views)

5 Common Texting Habits Of Girls That Push Guys Away / Australian Woman Gets Reply From Crush 8 Years After Texting Him / Six Bathroom Habits That Annoy Couples The Most (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Texting Habits That Should Stop by OgaDeyVex: 4:30pm On Jul 23, 2022
Cha E
Re: Texting Habits That Should Stop by aboyaji(m): 4:30pm On Jul 23, 2022
The abbreviation part is a No for me.

Replying in monosyllabic form is very annoying and disrespectful.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Texting Habits That Should Stop by meobizy(f): 4:30pm On Jul 23, 2022
dchamp234:
And why's this on FP?
It’s a jambite topic. Nairalanders are around the age so it appeals to them.
Re: Texting Habits That Should Stop by Aplaudez(m): 4:30pm On Jul 23, 2022
T
Re: Texting Habits That Should Stop by iampeterben(m): 4:30pm On Jul 23, 2022
I don't like girls too that first convos is I am out of sub hence why I can't send you pics or make a voice call. Be responsible sometimes.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Texting Habits That Should Stop by Blaqqcorleone(m): 4:31pm On Jul 23, 2022
Typing "smiles"

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Texting Habits That Should Stop by SMARTMOTORS(m): 4:31pm On Jul 23, 2022
Kk
Re: Texting Habits That Should Stop by ednut1(m): 4:32pm On Jul 23, 2022
Ladies will not post full pics. Fat babe go dey post only face pics. Abeg abeg let’s know who we dey talk to asap to avoid time wasters

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Texting Habits That Should Stop by LovenLight: 4:32pm On Jul 23, 2022
dchamp234:
And why's this on FP?
Why shouldn’t it be?? Texting is a social skill and a discussion to develop that skill isn’t out of context.

Many online vendors lack basic communication skills and that is bad for their businesses. Life is all about learning.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Texting Habits That Should Stop by meobizy(f): 4:32pm On Jul 23, 2022
Abizz:

Biatch, no sane mind types idiotically like you just did. I mean what are "irl, idk, fr"? Are you in a rush or you are just naturally useless?
I hope your brain isn't as short as your literal expressions.
Ah ah, Skydancer, Erad, Cao, Mkmyers45, Dragnet, Twinstaiye, Mikuz, Nex, Osystein, Mynd44, Tjskii, Olawalebabs, Seun, Obinoscopy, Mukina2, Lawyer, FarmTech, Briareos, Obinnau, Divepen1, RoyalRoy, Pavore9, Prof800, CrazyMan, FOD, Ben13, Dani1luv, Sissie, Uboma, Rocktation, Richiez, Farano, Justwise, OAM4J, Honsule, Puskin, Lalasticlala, Airmark, Odumchi, Marpol, Semid4lyfe, DisGuy, Bigfrancis21, Davide470, 1forall, R231 and Dominique. Is this how Nairalanders greet each other?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Texting Habits That Should Stop by phemmyfour: 4:34pm On Jul 23, 2022
Jaika:
It's really annoying when people keep asking for pictures. Convos should be just for vibes. Absolutely no interest is held in developing anything that would require exchanging pictures lol. I also find it hard to flow with people who abbreviate way too much.

What are some things people do when texting that you really hate?

Not replying for over 24hrs yet you re online changing dp and updating status

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Texting Habits That Should Stop by Savedday: 4:35pm On Jul 23, 2022
9ja girls are out to add more burden to your life instead of softening it.

They are nothing but useless. All of them...

Very terrible people

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Texting Habits That Should Stop by madgoat(m): 4:35pm On Jul 23, 2022
Jaika:
It's really annoying when people keep asking for pictures. Convos should be just for vibes. Absolutely no interest is held in developing anything that would require exchanging pictures lol. I also find it hard to flow with people who abbreviate way too much.

Mumu... people like you are the ugly type and ashamed to show their face
Re: Texting Habits That Should Stop by tiswell(m): 4:37pm On Jul 23, 2022
Samskid310:
Double texting
Forcing chat
Begging for alms
Lastly,if you hype me anyhow you'll get blocked
arrogant exuberance shocked
Re: Texting Habits That Should Stop by Offpoint1: 4:37pm On Jul 23, 2022
Jaika:

So someone you met on anonymous site asking for a Pic is bad right?
Re: Texting Habits That Should Stop by Bamzyriches451: 4:38pm On Jul 23, 2022
Abizz:

Biatch, no sane mind types idiotically like you just did. I mean what are "irl, idk, fr"? Are you in a rush or you are just naturally useless?
I hope your brain isn't as short as your literal expressions.
That's Hypocrisy at it peak Bro!
Re: Texting Habits That Should Stop by easiest(m): 4:39pm On Jul 23, 2022
Texting while walking on the street is so bad, of not for a graphic video I would have post a video here and you will change your passpective immediately.
Re: Texting Habits That Should Stop by emmnprince(m): 4:40pm On Jul 23, 2022
Cypress042:
Saying unfunny things like

= I'm not feeling fine.
= I've not eaten since i was born.

To Round it up, i need urgent 2k is a very annoying word mhen i hate it embarassed

One "Unbothered maama" as she fondly called herself won't let someone rest with unfunny things: The last out of the many is "Do me breakfast money na"

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Texting Habits That Should Stop by assholemods: 4:41pm On Jul 23, 2022
McStoic:
Lol..Don't open a chat you are not yet ready to reply. It's rude to read a message and not reply especially if it's Whatsapp. If you know say you no go reply the chat, only open it when you are ready. I hate to see a sent message on WhatsApp show blue and double click, meaning it has been read. Then you respond hours later..

Social media etiquette it is!
Nor be your fault. My settings will not even change to blue if I read your message or not. If I am at work and your message doesn't require urgency I might read but reply later, there is nothing wrong with that.
Re: Texting Habits That Should Stop by assholemods: 4:44pm On Jul 23, 2022
Raxxye:
Unnecessary abbreviations and wrong spellings
I can ignore wrong spelling after all we all make mistakes but abbreviations are the ones that I hate most.. kk, k , aiit, wya, wyd, etc albeit some spelling can be annoying, how will someone spell but as bhu?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Texting Habits That Should Stop by emmnprince(m): 4:45pm On Jul 23, 2022
FalseProphet1:

Please can I ask you for a favour.

One girl used that line on me this morning, I immediately told her that if it's money related she shouldn't bother. She replied by telling me that I'm childish. I told her to allow me to remain childish in peace instead of sharing favour up and down when my name isn't favour.

This I have seen.

FalseProphet1 cum FavourProphet1

Freely you receive favours, freely you should give favours.
Re: Texting Habits That Should Stop by Asour: 4:46pm On Jul 23, 2022
Jaika:

Reread the sentence you're referring to, and you'll understand better. I hope the rest of your day is not affected by whatever bad experience you had this morning.

Without supporting his temperament, you said you didn't like abbreviations BUT went right to using them in your next comments.

1 Like

Re: Texting Habits That Should Stop by McStoic(m): 4:49pm On Jul 23, 2022
assholemods:

Nor be your fault. My settings will not even change to blue if I read your message or not. If I am at work and your message doesn't require urgency I might read but reply later, there is nothing wrong with that.

That is better. Some of my friends have that setting, and I appreciate it than the blue colour

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Texting Habits That Should Stop by petsey(m): 4:49pm On Jul 23, 2022
I forget say poket dey leak, na my last card I put for d poket, I swear I want make u help me with anything at all at all na hin bad… set awon werey…

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Texting Habits That Should Stop by Divay22(f): 4:50pm On Jul 23, 2022
It's the use of short abi abbreviation for me...
The picture dey do me one kind sha, but make he no be like say you no fine na make you dey shy away
Re: Texting Habits That Should Stop by Doyou2019: 4:50pm On Jul 23, 2022
McStoic:
Lol..Don't open a chat you are not yet ready to reply. It's rude to read a message and not reply especially if it's Whatsapp. If you know say you no go reply the chat, only open it when you are ready. I hate to see a sent message on WhatsApp show blue and double click, meaning it has been read. Then you respond hours later..

Social media etiquette it is!

My tenant did this a couple of hours ago. Sometimes I wonder who raised these ill-mannered ladies.
Pathetic.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Texting Habits That Should Stop by Newyorkitis(m): 4:51pm On Jul 23, 2022
Abbreviations and Nigerian spellings that could confuse the younger generation such as Vawulence instead of V.iolence.

Although it gives a form of comic relief, the young ones may feel it is the correct spelling.

2 Likes

Re: Texting Habits That Should Stop by DSC7: 4:52pm On Jul 23, 2022
Samskid310:
Double texting
Forcing chat
Begging for alms
Lastly,if you hype me anyhow you'll get blocked

Bossman i hail ooooo.....

After you na you....

Your thing no go lost.....

Your shoe shine, your face show....

Oya block me cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Texting Habits That Should Stop by ParpahSeventy: 4:53pm On Jul 23, 2022
Abizz:

For an impostor who claims to dislike abridged typings in conversation but went ahead to disgustingly use "iri, idk, fr" in just two statements shows you are a ratchet being.
You should be behind bars.
Flesh and blood did not reveal this you.
Re: Texting Habits That Should Stop by HeavenVGate: 4:54pm On Jul 23, 2022
Jaika:

Yyy?
K fn.
H r u?
K n u? grin grin grin
Re: Texting Habits That Should Stop by Akpacha(m): 4:55pm On Jul 23, 2022
Abizz:

For an impostor who claims to dislike abridged typings in conversation but went ahead to disgustingly use "iri, idk, fr" in just two statements shows you are a ratchet being.
You should be behind bars.
lol If man united had such an attacker like u, they would be playing in CL.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How To Test A Man's Love! / Prophesy: 10 Things That Would Happen After Valentine Day (15th) / My Experience At (ashawo Joint)igbague, Benin City

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.