Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,154 members, 7,811,315 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:05 AM

Texting Habits That Should Stop - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Texting Habits That Should Stop (29536 Views)

5 Common Texting Habits Of Girls That Push Guys Away / Australian Woman Gets Reply From Crush 8 Years After Texting Him / Six Bathroom Habits That Annoy Couples The Most (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Texting Habits That Should Stop by caesymore(m): 6:50pm On Jul 23, 2022
Abizz:

For an impostor who claims to dislike abridged typings in conversation but went ahead to disgustingly use "iri, idk, fr" in just two statements shows you are a ratchet being.
You should be behind bars.

I just replied her with vex then I just saw yours, she dey mad. or she no sabi meaning of abbreviations
Re: Texting Habits That Should Stop by poweranger(f): 6:58pm On Jul 23, 2022
paulolee:
please sub for me..I hate dt talk eeh
pls sub for me grin
paulolee:
please sub for me..I hate dt talk eeh
pls sub for me

1 Like

Re: Texting Habits That Should Stop by Akharmony: 7:01pm On Jul 23, 2022
Abizz:

For an impostor who claims to dislike abridged typings in conversation but went ahead to disgustingly use "iri, idk, fr" in just two statements shows you are a ratchet being.
You should be behind bars.
Re: Texting Habits That Should Stop by cutieBR(f): 7:04pm On Jul 23, 2022
Honestly it's very annoying. As for me, i will tell you never to chat me up if you ain't ready for a conversation.
McStoic:
Lol..Don't open a chat you are not yet ready to reply. It's rude to read a message and not reply especially if it's Whatsapp. If you know say you no go reply the chat, only open it when you are ready. I hate to see a sent message on WhatsApp show blue and double click, meaning it has been read. Then you respond hours later..

Social media etiquette it is!

1 Like

Re: Texting Habits That Should Stop by cutieBR(f): 7:07pm On Jul 23, 2022
grin cheesy you have to task your brain to understand what they are writing.
Treasure17:
That abbreviation crew. I can shoot them.
Re: Texting Habits That Should Stop by faithfull18(f): 7:08pm On Jul 23, 2022
Saying hi and keeping quiet.

Always state your mission.

1 Like

Re: Texting Habits That Should Stop by berlusconib2: 7:10pm On Jul 23, 2022
I am hungry.....na me be ya papa

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Texting Habits That Should Stop by cutieBR(f): 7:10pm On Jul 23, 2022
grin grin grin
Blaqqcorleone:
Typing "smiles"
Re: Texting Habits That Should Stop by Treasure17(m): 7:12pm On Jul 23, 2022
cutieBR:
grin cheesy you have to task your brain to understand what they are writing.
I swear. As if they will charge them for the omitted letters.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Texting Habits That Should Stop by hstar: 7:13pm On Jul 23, 2022
DSC7:

Bossman i hail ooooo.....

After you na you....

Your thing no go lost.....

Your shoe shine, your face show....

Oya block me cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy you too like wahala

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Texting Habits That Should Stop by Samskid310(m): 7:19pm On Jul 23, 2022
Lol wait make Seun introduce block button
DSC7:

Bossman i hail ooooo.....

After you na you....

Your thing no go lost.....

Your shoe shine, your face show....

Oya block me cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Texting Habits That Should Stop by cutieBR(f): 7:24pm On Jul 23, 2022
The funny thing is most of them are addicted or should i say fixed in that mode of communication. It's tiring i swear.
Treasure17:

I swear. As if they will charge them for the omitted letters.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Texting Habits That Should Stop by Gbadespet(m): 7:25pm On Jul 23, 2022
McStoic:
Lol..Don't open a chat you are not yet ready to reply. It's rude to read a message and not reply especially if it's Whatsapp. If you know say you no go reply the chat, only open it when you are ready. I hate to see a sent message on WhatsApp show blue and double click, meaning it has been read. Then you respond hours later..

That's why it's good to off read receipt and you won't know maybe they have read it or not..
You only answer to the ones you feel it needs reply

1 Like

Re: Texting Habits That Should Stop by ManAustin(m): 7:28pm On Jul 23, 2022
Too much stickers piss me off
Re: Texting Habits That Should Stop by etel124(m): 7:36pm On Jul 23, 2022
One girl just met me yesterday on telegram....we barely even started conversation,.

The next thing is 'Please I want to ask you for a favour, can you Please borrow me some money?'....at that point I knew this one is a JOKER.

I just left her there to be talking to herself.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Texting Habits That Should Stop by paulolee(m): 7:46pm On Jul 23, 2022
poweranger:
pls sub for me grin pls sub for me
u de ment
Re: Texting Habits That Should Stop by yemi1504: 7:52pm On Jul 23, 2022
Cypress042:
Saying unfunny things like

= I'm not feeling fine.
= I've not eaten since i was born.

To Round it up, i need urgent 2k is a very annoying word mhen i hate it embarassed

Another one - please can you do me a favour? Just know it is about money.

1 Like

Re: Texting Habits That Should Stop by yemi1504: 7:56pm On Jul 23, 2022
FalseProphet1:

Please can I ask you for a favour.

One girl used that line on me this morning, I immediately told her that if it's money related she shouldn't bother. She replied by telling me that I'm childish. I told her to allow me to remain childish in peace instead of sharing favour up and down when my name isn't favour.

This I have seen.

That question is always followed by money request and I keep being honest like you that if it is money related, I can't help.
Re: Texting Habits That Should Stop by yemi1504: 7:58pm On Jul 23, 2022
McStoic:

Ladies do this a lot! I think it is a way for them to show disinterest in you, if you are not their "type" whatever that is.

1 Like

Re: Texting Habits That Should Stop by ntipro: 7:59pm On Jul 23, 2022
If you really want to text for wonderful results, this book is what you need to read. I can use text to get whatever I want courtesy of some tricks I learnt from the book. Thanks to the author.

https://www.amazon.com/Texts-Good-She-Cant-Ignore-ebook/dp/B0B36T9JGC/ref=mp_s_a_1_7?crid=1AO8EHTW6G767&keywords=text+so+good+he+cant+ignore&qid=1656064645&sprefix=%2Caps%2C1246&sr=8-7#aw-udpv3-customer-reviews_feature_div
Re: Texting Habits That Should Stop by yemi1504: 7:59pm On Jul 23, 2022
aboyaji:
The abbreviation part is a No for me.

Replying in monosyllabic form is very annoying and disrespectful.

The second part is always a signal to move on from the chat and I do!
Re: Texting Habits That Should Stop by Sniper101(m): 8:01pm On Jul 23, 2022
OP
na you sabi

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Texting Habits That Should Stop by Vix805: 8:02pm On Jul 23, 2022
ignoring my messages for hours or days , shey U dey ment ni?
on a different note, 3yr Facebook account available for sale. dm.090.507.75903.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Texting Habits That Should Stop by yemi1504: 8:04pm On Jul 23, 2022
phemmyfour:
Not replying for over 24hrs yet you re online changing dp and updating status

That one gets you off my friends list and cancel friend request fast! Once it is a few minutes after you come online and you don't reply my chat or friend request, those actions will be taken! No time to waste time!

1 Like

Re: Texting Habits That Should Stop by yemi1504: 8:07pm On Jul 23, 2022
Doyou2019:

My tenant did this a couple of hours ago. Sometimes I wonder who raised these ill-mannered ladies.
Pathetic.

And they are unfortunately becoming the majority!

1 Like

Re: Texting Habits That Should Stop by yemi1504: 8:16pm On Jul 23, 2022
etel124:
One girl just met me yesterday on telegram....we barely even started conversation,.

The next thing is 'Please I want to ask you for a favour, can you Please borrow me some money?'....at that point I knew this one is a JOKER.

grin cheesy at last statement.
Re: Texting Habits That Should Stop by aboyaji(m): 8:26pm On Jul 23, 2022
yemi1504:

The second part is always a signal to move on from the chat and I do!
Of course

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Texting Habits That Should Stop by firstratedcitiz(m): 8:39pm On Jul 23, 2022
Jaika:
I also find it hard to flow with people who abbreviate way too much.
What are some things people do when texting that you really hate?

For me, it is when people put the apostrophe mark ' in certain plural words.

Examples: Girl's (instead of Girls); Yoruba's (instead of Yorubas).

I wonder where people get such idea of abusing simple grammar rules, and it's a turnoff for me especially when reading some text messages (or posts in social media) and I get to read such callous misspellings. The apostrophe mark should only come in when the word in context is used in a possessive sense - For example, The GIRL'S handbag - but never in plural instances.

In a similar vein, many also seem to get confused about simple sentences, like "I am fine" for instance. They write instead "Am fine" which on its own is totally an incomplete sentence.

Take note that linking verbs (state of being verbs) such as Am, Are, Be, Is are in the same structure. As such, you cannot simply write "Is fine"/"Are fine" without leaving the reader wondering who you are referring to. In that same vein, you cannot just write or say AM FINE, because it is an incomplete sentence.

The only instance in which AM FINE will not be regarded as incorrect, or incomplete, statement is depending on the context in which it is quoted. For example: "I assure you that am fine."

1 Like

Re: Texting Habits That Should Stop by PharmacyStore: 8:48pm On Jul 23, 2022
This is true

Some people abbreviate in a way that is quite disrespectful
Re: Texting Habits That Should Stop by Barristter07: 8:51pm On Jul 23, 2022
etel124:

She achieved her mission, she actually wanted to end the Chat. Lol

1 Like

Re: Texting Habits That Should Stop by Nobody: 8:52pm On Jul 23, 2022
McStoic:

True.
People like that always turn of read receipt
Re: Texting Habits That Should Stop by NACE13: 9:21pm On Jul 23, 2022
Monosyllabic replies irks me. I take it that you are either not interested or plain boring.
Substituting letters for another in words, like "5ne" instead of just saying "fine". Some replace the letter 'S' with 'X'. Saying "Xup" or "Xom1". Like WTF, mehn!
The one that pisses me off the most, is the one most people are just too lazy or ignorant to insert the letter "I" in sentences, like "Am coming", "Am fine".
I don dey vex already sef. Let me use this opportunity to school this person undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How To Test A Man's Love! / 'I Need Some Space': What Does This Mean In A Relationship? / Ramadan: Lagos Prostitutes Experience Low Patronage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.