Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,077 members, 7,818,229 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:45 AM

Mass Resignation Of Software Engineers Disrupts Banks Digitisation Move - Programming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Mass Resignation Of Software Engineers Disrupts Banks Digitisation Move (48078 Views)

Re: Amazon Recruitment Of Software Developers In Nigeria 2022. Opinion / Backend Software Engineers, Let's Talk About System Design / Differences Between Testing And Debugging In Programming Of Software Application (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mass Resignation Of Software Engineers Disrupts Banks Digitisation Move by Gerrard59(m): 4:27pm On Jul 25, 2022
LikeAking:

Do you know how many tech guys the USA and co export globally?

We too dey complain about everything for this country.

The banks no serious.

The United States doesn't export, rather she imports. Most people across the world aim to work in the US tech industry due to the lucrative salaries, the highest globally when the roles and breadth of specialty are factored in.

Again, the issue isn't training people to replace them. The issue is that these people leave after saving and garnering a year or two of work experience.

21 Likes

Re: Mass Resignation Of Software Engineers Disrupts Banks Digitisation Move by LikeAking: 4:29pm On Jul 25, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

USA exports tech talents to where. When everyone wants to work in the USA and the USA doesn't even have enough talent to meet demand that they hire millions of offshore overseas workers.

Let's even assume the USA exports talents can a Nigerian firm afford a junior USA developer. Junior o I don't even Wanna call senior cause I have worked with American senior devs and I know that they can do

USA and co export tech to Naija, Saudi, UAE, Quater, Isreal, Asia, globally for bigga pay.

U know how many USA and Co firms our govt dey employ?

If Dev are living Naija, then it's a good dev.

Na so d work suppose be.

Our banks shud no make excuses.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mass Resignation Of Software Engineers Disrupts Banks Digitisation Move by tensazangetsu20(m): 4:30pm On Jul 25, 2022
LikeAking:

USA and co export tech to Naija, Saudi, UAE, Quater, Isreal, Asia, globally for bigga pay.

U know how many USA and Co firms our govt dey employ?

If Dev are living Naija, then it's a good dev.

Na so d work suppose be.

Our banks shud no make excuses.

You are a big joker grin grin. Good bye.

21 Likes

Re: Mass Resignation Of Software Engineers Disrupts Banks Digitisation Move by LikeAking: 4:31pm On Jul 25, 2022
Gerrard59:

The United States doesn't export, rather she imports. Most people across the world aim to work in the US tech industry due to the lucrative salaries, the highest globally when the roles and breadth of specialty are factored in.

Again, the issue isn't training people to replace them. The issue is that these people leave after saving and garnering a year or two of work experience.

Think again.

They work out side their shores, na normally thing. Them dey Naija sef.

1 Like

Re: Mass Resignation Of Software Engineers Disrupts Banks Digitisation Move by LikeAking: 4:33pm On Jul 25, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

Take style de run form facts.

1 Like

Re: Mass Resignation Of Software Engineers Disrupts Banks Digitisation Move by SavageBoy: 4:42pm On Jul 25, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

Leave that guy

He talks like someone that's well informed, meanwhile he knows nada

7 Likes

Re: Mass Resignation Of Software Engineers Disrupts Banks Digitisation Move by Samskid310(m): 4:48pm On Jul 25, 2022
Sapa have made tech men reconsider their choice of career,bravo!

6 Likes

Re: Mass Resignation Of Software Engineers Disrupts Banks Digitisation Move by Pootle: 4:48pm On Jul 25, 2022
good development. make dem go so we wey remain go see better jobs undecided

4 Likes

Re: Mass Resignation Of Software Engineers Disrupts Banks Digitisation Move by Davefed(m): 4:49pm On Jul 25, 2022
LikeAking:

Stop blaming the govt, in dis same govt many have made it.

Make una calm down.

Same excuses.

You are too stupid for this

26 Likes

Re: Mass Resignation Of Software Engineers Disrupts Banks Digitisation Move by Nobody: 4:49pm On Jul 25, 2022
LikeAking:

Do you know how many tech guys the USA and co export globally?

We too dey complain about everything for this country.

The banks no serious.
Okay boss... I no sabi argue

4 Likes

Re: Mass Resignation Of Software Engineers Disrupts Banks Digitisation Move by Fiscus105(m): 4:50pm On Jul 25, 2022
The two most easiest professions to escape naija currently are ICT & NURSING.

17 Likes

Re: Mass Resignation Of Software Engineers Disrupts Banks Digitisation Move by techstack: 4:51pm On Jul 25, 2022
They have not seen anything
Re: Mass Resignation Of Software Engineers Disrupts Banks Digitisation Move by DeOTR: 4:52pm On Jul 25, 2022
This is why they'll want you to sign a 2-year bond before you start working with them.
They had better increase their pay or learn to do stuffs themselves.

13 Likes

Re: Mass Resignation Of Software Engineers Disrupts Banks Digitisation Move by LikeAking: 4:53pm On Jul 25, 2022
Davefed:

You are too stupid for this

If am am stupid I will be blaming the govt like u.

1 Like

Re: Mass Resignation Of Software Engineers Disrupts Banks Digitisation Move by Cornerstone2018: 4:53pm On Jul 25, 2022
Correct
Re: Mass Resignation Of Software Engineers Disrupts Banks Digitisation Move by lexy2014: 4:53pm On Jul 25, 2022
DrLevi:

I doubt you know what Talent is in tech.

You probably have to meet a skilled developer to understand what god-like skill is and why these companies go through all the effort to come pick them here in Nigeria and pay them mad sums

Its like saying we're losing our Consultants, but "we still have more intelligent med students"

"The banks are not serious"? cheesy Nigerians make me laugh.... We've become overly optimistic for our own good

Don't mind him. He is thinking like super falcons and super eagles. Eye go soon clear

5 Likes

Re: Mass Resignation Of Software Engineers Disrupts Banks Digitisation Move by Angelfrost(m): 4:53pm On Jul 25, 2022
Not just traveling out...

A lot of them make their money without leaving their homes (Freelancing)!

Pharmacists
Doctors
Nurses
Software Engineers
Etc....

The best of the best are leaving in droves!

Only a matter of time before many of you moronic Nigerians realize how depleted this nation is of brilliant professionals!

Funny enough, most of your politicians will keep going to meet them for their services abroad after driving them away.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mass Resignation Of Software Engineers Disrupts Banks Digitisation Move by GUNITGuy: 4:54pm On Jul 25, 2022
It's a good thing....
Train more software Engineers....Sign they would work there for atleast 6yrs ...
Or
Hire people to work from home as software Engineers

2 Likes

Re: Mass Resignation Of Software Engineers Disrupts Banks Digitisation Move by AnthonyAk(m): 4:55pm On Jul 25, 2022
The smartest developers will work from Naija and earn dollars. $50k per year will change ur life from Naija. Once u start making over $100k you will be living like a king. Running generators by the drum

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mass Resignation Of Software Engineers Disrupts Banks Digitisation Move by lexy2014: 4:55pm On Jul 25, 2022
LikeAking:

We still have more talents.

The banks are not serious.

Are you one of the talents? Na this same overconfidence finish super falcons

16 Likes

Re: Mass Resignation Of Software Engineers Disrupts Banks Digitisation Move by Cantonese: 4:55pm On Jul 25, 2022
Thunday1005:
The mass resignation of software engineers in most commercial banks across the country for greener’s pasture abroad, is currently threatening digitisation in the banking sector, LEADERSHIP can exclusively reveal.

This is coming as a disincentive to the cashless banking initiative, where every banking transaction is expected to be digitised. However, the development is obstructing seamless operation of electronic and mobile banking systems across banks.

It was learnt that about 500 software engineers have, since the beginning of this year, till now, secured better offers abroad, majorly in Canada and European countries where the emolument far outweighs what they are being paid in the Nigerian banking sector as they are paid in foreign currency at a time the nation’s Naira has seriously depreciated.

Aside these 500 engineers, about 1,000 other staff have so far resigned their appointments in deposit money banks to pick up juicy offers abroad, even as there are indications that more engineers and bank staff will also join them in the months ahead as the nation’s economy becomes harsher and operating environment becomes unbearable.

The development has disrupted the succession plan of many banks as more bank staff seek greener pastures outside the country.This mass exodus, investigation shows, was responsible for hitches in electronic and mobile banking operations of most banks in the country as they struggle to find suitable replacements for those that have left their services.
For example, a major bank in the country, having noticed the trend of resignations, had earlier moved up its promotion process as a way to encourage the staff to remain. The bank had even increased its package for the workers and promoted 450 staff. Unfortunately, less than two weeks after the promotion, over 150 of those promoted resigned and left the country.

With no bank spared the exodus of talents, the bank chief executives had resorted to finding a solution to the brain drain by coming together to train more staff for their depleting human resource

Source: https://leadership.ng/mass-resignation-of-software-engineers-disrupts-banks-digitisation-move/

“With no bank spared the exodus of talents, the bank chief executives had resorted to finding a solution to the brain drain by coming together to train more staff for their depleting human resource”. After the training, they will leave.

Our economy must be fixed first.

8 Likes

Re: Mass Resignation Of Software Engineers Disrupts Banks Digitisation Move by Eziest: 4:56pm On Jul 25, 2022
Japa Japa
Re: Mass Resignation Of Software Engineers Disrupts Banks Digitisation Move by CaveAdullam: 4:56pm On Jul 25, 2022
Nothing can beat my conviction that Nigeria/Africa is dead! Dead and bite the dust decades ago.

Born an African is the worst that can ever be done to an individual.

Patriotic Africans we believe in you. But as for me and my house, "na japa o".

Modified

2. Africa/Nigeria can only change if her leaders and people are ready. There are a lot of books in the library, posts on the internet, and ideas in the heads of intelligent citizens that can make this change spontaneous.

Nothing is working because these solutions are ignored. Books are not read. Intelligent people are treated ignominiously. If ideas are not entertaining and emotionally enthralling they will slide into the dust bin. (Now, just imagine the craze that will surround Nigerians in the next few months as BBnaija kickstarts). Our leaders and people are not ready!

3. Entertainment is now the order of the day. Give the people crumbs and entertainment, they will forget their sorrow. They waste their years in snail pace motion expecting a white-bearded God in heaven to come to help them with his host of angels. Crazy sets of people!

4. With what I experienced on Saturday, I know for sure that the masses are not ready.

When I went to do my voter's card registration, the man in charge of calling names started playing games, and taking bribes from people that came late for them to do their registration quickly. The man came and started using plausible statements to convince us/others why it is so. They all agreed, but it was once my senses spotted the manipulation and about 3 guys and a girl joined me to call out the game. 5 of us were the ones that countered the game at the front.

But what I discovered was that it was just the 5 of us that were just shouting, others who started at the beginning faded as the tension continued. Some were swearing in the name of God. Some have resulted in the fate that that is how Nigeria goes and there is nothing we can do about it. All man for himself.

All excuses given are the same as the general population. The more we remain cold and sober rather than take drastic action collectively and in unity the more we slip into oblivion. And to think that youths are draining void of vigor and pushback; it is obvious that the nation has been lost in the cemetery.

5. I do pity women, however, most of them have finagled their way through various shades of prostitution to make ends meet. With "clitocurrency" there's hope for them. Their biological clock doesn't give any fvck about them, neither does politics nor socioeconomic status. Tick tock, tick tock...when it is time it bombs.

6. Men are at the barest, the worst, and the hottest zone when there is an economic and political breakdown. "Penitocurrency" doesn't move the market because women who are ready to trade are few, and want it cheap or even for free (in actual sense, free is the price).

Like clitocurrency, thirsty men are in abundant supply as if the flood gates of heaven have been keeping them hostage.

7. Men suffer harshly because no hope. No help. Ambition dies. Passion is lost. Strength gone. Their only struggle is survival, at least 1 meal a day. Biology will favor them as they can reproduce till old age. Those that survived the economic and political tragedy will come out with tangible experiences and wisdom.

8. Where poverty weakens the majority of women as a result of sexual promiscuity. Poverty shapes men to take hold of the situation and attain leadership. Few men may reach this stage but they are the ones that bring change until the next chaotic circle.

9. The fact that you are born in a particular country doesn't mean all of your life will circulate there. You can decide to leave for another nation. You can decide to achieve your dream in another nation. You can decide to migrate and never come back. Those limiting their focus to their place of birth are not truly taking the best decision except they lack the opportunity of migrating to a better place.

10. In a critical period like this, it is not advisable to reproduce because the child becomes a burden in addition to your partner.

Why do poor people reproduce more by the way?

Poverty means a lack of resources. The more you reproduce the more you have children that will take your gene to the next generation. Not reproducing is biological and evolutionary stupid. Genes are what nature cares for, not fine clothes, wallets, and shoes.

Rich people already have the resources to cater to their 2 kids and with maximum care, those kids will yield future generations.

Reproduction for the poor is a game of quantity and survival. While for the rich it is a game of quality and survival. All there happen subconsciously. Mother nature is at work, she never takes a moment of rest, not even for once.

11. To sum it up: it is foolishness, I mean, broad daylight foolishness to:

a. Blame the masses for the failure of the government. The masses have their share of the blame, but you must understand that power belongs to the government. Democracy is a 21st-century scam. Covid 19/lockdown is enough to portray this story.

The people trusted the government into power, and it is expedient as a rule and order warranty that the government should keep to its promises.

b. Comparing failed Africa/Nigeria to developed nations. If a nation is failing, no amount of wishful thinking and white painting can repair it. No God is coming to help. If leaders continue to worship their guts, belly, and pockets kerfuffles will remain ubiquitous.

Rather than fault racism, and black slavery, Blacks should stand up and unite together. The internet has already done most of the job for us. But if we still focus on equalling shoulders with an IQ below average(85/100) with Asians(105+), Europeans(100+), and Whites(100+) we will continue to hit shame and disappointment.

TL;DR: fvck off!

Thanks.

36 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Mass Resignation Of Software Engineers Disrupts Banks Digitisation Move by meobizy(f): 4:56pm On Jul 25, 2022
Developed nations outsource these activities. Our country is no better than those places. Indians are cheap and ever ready to take the roles. Make the banks remain stagnant since them no wan give themselves sense.

Look at the people viewing the thread. Over nine hundred unemployed youths. No wonder trolling is rampant in this forum.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mass Resignation Of Software Engineers Disrupts Banks Digitisation Move by Alusiizizi(m): 4:56pm On Jul 25, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

Ghanas economy has completely collapsed. They went to IMF to seek a bailout. Me I am just stacking up coins, if the worst happens I will move to south america and claim asylum, from there find my way to a much better country.

Me, I'm not going anywhere. I can earn almost the same as what a typical developer abroad earns and spend my proceeds in Nigeria. Abroad is too expensive, Nigeria is cheap. Remote/Freelance is the way.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mass Resignation Of Software Engineers Disrupts Banks Digitisation Move by tensazangetsu20(m): 4:57pm On Jul 25, 2022
Alusiizizi:

Me, I'm not going anywhere. I can earn almost the same as what a typical developer abroad earns and spend my proceeds in Nigeria. Abroad is too expensive, Nigeria is cheap. Remote/Freelance is the way.

Good for you men.

6 Likes

Re: Mass Resignation Of Software Engineers Disrupts Banks Digitisation Move by Kevinsamba: 4:57pm On Jul 25, 2022
Wahala dey o

1 Like

Re: Mass Resignation Of Software Engineers Disrupts Banks Digitisation Move by mema900: 4:58pm On Jul 25, 2022
LikeAking:

Stop blaming the govt, in dis same govt many have made it.

Make una calm down.

Same excuses.

Give a genuine example os such people pleaee

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Web Application Development Contest: Jajad Wins / Project Topics In Computer Science / Dr Akorede Kamil Teaches Coding On The Streets Of Ilorin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.