Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,671 members, 7,809,537 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:00 AM

Mass Resignation Of Software Engineers Disrupts Banks Digitisation Move - Programming (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Mass Resignation Of Software Engineers Disrupts Banks Digitisation Move (48006 Views)

Re: Amazon Recruitment Of Software Developers In Nigeria 2022. Opinion / Backend Software Engineers, Let's Talk About System Design / Differences Between Testing And Debugging In Programming Of Software Application (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mass Resignation Of Software Engineers Disrupts Banks Digitisation Move by whitebeard(m): 7:54am On Jul 26, 2022
LikeAking:

No be political leadership dey change country, na inventors, great thinkers and achiever's.

Mack zuck for eg has created more impact in the world than 98% of all the politicians combined.

African nation's are behind, cos we lack innovators, creative thinkers and great achiever's.

Polictians contribute less to national dev. It's just a cermonial position, a reason they refer to their polictical platforms as political parties. Na for party, party, enjoyment and fun.

Nice to meet u.
what is this ? undecided
Re: Mass Resignation Of Software Engineers Disrupts Banks Digitisation Move by KushLyon(m): 8:06am On Jul 26, 2022
whitebeard:
what is this ? undecided

Don't even indulge him, he is obviously a crackhead

1 Like

Re: Mass Resignation Of Software Engineers Disrupts Banks Digitisation Move by grandstar(m): 8:44am On Jul 26, 2022
seguno2:

Please why do you imply that Obasanjo’s government was not kleptomaniac

He left $20bn in excess crude funds. Even if he was corrupt, it was milder than the 3 military rulers preceding it

2 Likes

Re: Mass Resignation Of Software Engineers Disrupts Banks Digitisation Move by emmaodet: 9:06am On Jul 26, 2022
vastone:

Like wise Barack Obama, f**k'd up dude, ruined everything yankee was known for, Blacks rather Negros are cursed worldover

Are you based in US?
Never knew Obama messed up because the news we hear is that he is not bad.
Moreover, he has white management team surrounding him so should perform.
Re: Mass Resignation Of Software Engineers Disrupts Banks Digitisation Move by Nobody: 9:08am On Jul 26, 2022
Maxxim:

I'm so sad
It's been a while since I've had a genuine smile, this country issues had turned me into an unhappy person.
Each time you talked about how this country can't get better back then and reasons people shouldn't give birth anymore, I'd always felt your words are over hyped until reality starts setting in few months ago. I've given up on this country.

Lol There Is no need for all this pitiful pathetic stories and sobs naw. Shebi some foOoLs on here usually calls us sadist. Una never see anything. What I kuku know Is most people In Nigeria are gullible lowlives entities with no ambition In life. Suffering "Great Pro Maximum" Is on the Way..
Re: Mass Resignation Of Software Engineers Disrupts Banks Digitisation Move by seguno2: 9:16am On Jul 26, 2022
grandstar:
He left $20bn in excess crude funds. Even if it was corrupt, it was milder than the 3 military rulers preceding it

So you do agree that Obasanjo is also a rogue.
Good.
The amount left in ECA is your only yardstick on milder rogues without considering the revenue earned and governance outcomes

1 Like

Re: Mass Resignation Of Software Engineers Disrupts Banks Digitisation Move by GeneralShepherd(m): 9:28am On Jul 26, 2022
LikeAking:

Do you know how many tech guys the USA and co export globally?

We too dey complain about everything for this country.

The banks no serious.

Stop making silly arguments, where is America export devs to? American developers are thr highest paid in the world by a long mile.

The average developer makes 150K USD per month. No country pays near that

1 Like

Re: Mass Resignation Of Software Engineers Disrupts Banks Digitisation Move by GeneralShepherd(m): 9:29am On Jul 26, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

USA exports tech talents to where. When everyone wants to work in the USA and the USA doesn't even have enough talent to meet demand that they hire millions of offshore overseas workers.

Let's even assume the USA exports talents can a Nigerian firm afford a junior USA developer. Junior o I don't even Wanna call senior cause I have worked with American senior devs and I know that they can do

You dey mind this person, at nearly 200 dollar per hour.
Re: Mass Resignation Of Software Engineers Disrupts Banks Digitisation Move by GeneralShepherd(m): 9:32am On Jul 26, 2022
Alusiizizi:

That's precisely my plan. I'm not going anywhere. One would think that $100K in the U.S.A is real money but by the time you pay the government like $40K in taxes, house mortgage/Apartment, meals, fuel and all, you'll realize that you've got nothing.

Have you considered that you are very likely going to be a victim of violent crime in Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Mass Resignation Of Software Engineers Disrupts Banks Digitisation Move by GeneralShepherd(m): 9:37am On Jul 26, 2022
Alusiizizi:

You're not getting me. Earn the same amount that a typical programmer abroad earns but do it in Nigeria.

People like talking rubbish, no one will pay you the same amount as someone abroad while you are in Nigeria.

1. The reason they are hiring abroad is two fold , for talent and cost reduction.
2. Hiring overseas has its own cost for companies like time difference, engineering culture differences and quality of work.

You will earn a lot but not the same.

Lastly, the security situation in Nigeria has gotten out of hand and your remote dev job will do nothing to save you from that
Re: Mass Resignation Of Software Engineers Disrupts Banks Digitisation Move by monerozi5590: 9:58am On Jul 26, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

Ghanas economy has completely collapsed. They went to IMF to seek a bailout. Me I am just stacking up coins, if the worst happens I will move to south america and claim asylum, from there find my way to a much better country.

Boss, i know you must hv talked on this question before but what simple Digital Skill can i learn in 6 to 12 months time?
Re: Mass Resignation Of Software Engineers Disrupts Banks Digitisation Move by Nobody: 10:10am On Jul 26, 2022
jackcanfield:

Actually I think it is the mindset thing ...There is something about the black man been wrongly programmed..If you bring all the people in the U.S to come stay in Nigeria the same Nigerians would Japa back to their country.

I once wrote a lengthy piece about the bolded. There Is something seriously wrong somewhere and I'm sure the westerners knows about It..

2 Likes

Re: Mass Resignation Of Software Engineers Disrupts Banks Digitisation Move by Nobody: 10:14am On Jul 26, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

Our mind isn't correct that's why we need to spend one million years resetting it. I don't know about you o but I rather the whites were in charge of Nigeria and we had a working infrastructure, jobs, universal healthcare and basic education available for every child than the nonsense we have. We are simply not ready to rule ourselves as black people.

The "lowlives negroes morons" who are benefiting from this rot and menace wouldn't agree with you. Most negroes are Cursed entities..
Re: Mass Resignation Of Software Engineers Disrupts Banks Digitisation Move by Nobody: 10:16am On Jul 26, 2022
Goldymafia:
please what makes Lagos prosperous...let me tell you
1. If federal government establish port in two or one of the Niger delta state...tell me what will bring people to Lagos to clear anything
2. International airport...let there be a well establish international airport in Niger delta, why will I come to Lagos

Tinibu just dey wash una...dey collect tax anyhow una dey call Lagos prosperous....Mind you I lived in Lagos for 5yrs I realise the town is a waste and moved out..

To me no matter your wealth or status, My notion Is majority of the Negroes living In lagos are "Extremely Mad Humans"
Re: Mass Resignation Of Software Engineers Disrupts Banks Digitisation Move by Nobody: 10:19am On Jul 26, 2022
bitbillionaire:

The question should be 'is there no hope for me?'

If you can answer this question intelligently you would have the key that can solve Nigeria's problems.

You see, mentally evolved people see opportunities in every problem and can literally create paradise in hell! While the unevovled people magnify problems and wallow in negativity!

Oshey "Data Reseller Motivational Speaker" don drop quote..grin

1 Like

Re: Mass Resignation Of Software Engineers Disrupts Banks Digitisation Move by Nobody: 10:27am On Jul 26, 2022
jackcanfield:
The whites are not perfect humans too, they have the same blood running in their veins ... but how does one think straight in a country where you are kidnap just because you want to go from point A to B or someone is using pen to steal 80billion Naira ,so in as much all this negatives are been throw at us in an elevated mode, we can't think straight unlike in other countries were success is been throw at them in an elevated mode...You just need to keep pushing the positives in the front ...

The picture below are solar panel on bicycle path, that might be powering part of the city ...put that in Nigeria ..person go vandalize am.

If you want to build a peaceful and resourceful nation. First you build the people then the Infrastructures or you build them side by side, Never neglect any side. For example, Move all Nigeria's citizens to US and Move all US citizens to Nigeria and compare the results and condition of both nations In a year. Any nation which doesn't value or put "Human Resources" on her front burner always can/will never amount to anything..

3 Likes

Re: Mass Resignation Of Software Engineers Disrupts Banks Digitisation Move by Nobody: 10:34am On Jul 26, 2022
Evolutionlove:

If you want to build a peaceful and resourceful nation. First you build the people then the Infrastructures or you build them side by side, Never neglect any side. For example, Move all Nigeria's citizens to US and Move all US citizens to Nigeria and see the results In Just a year. Any nation which doesn't value or put "Human Resources" on her front burner always can/will never amount to anything..
I quiet agree with you, but the problem with Nigeria is that we nurture the seeds but when it is time for them to yield fruit for us we transplant them somewhere else because at that point we lack the capacity to sustain them ...it has always been an outflow of the best brains.
Re: Mass Resignation Of Software Engineers Disrupts Banks Digitisation Move by lanrex101: 10:43am On Jul 26, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

Ghanas economy has completely collapsed. They went to IMF to seek a bailout. Me I am just stacking up coins, if the worst happens I will move to south america and claim asylum, from there find my way to a much better country.
That is misinformation. Their inflation has only grown by 30% which makes life difficult in the country. Ghanian economy hasn’t collapse.
Re: Mass Resignation Of Software Engineers Disrupts Banks Digitisation Move by justmondris: 10:49am On Jul 26, 2022
LikeAking:

Guy, na the banks I dey beef for always coming up with excuses for doing the right thing. I am not against dia claims. I knw weting day sup . U gt?

I am happy u are patient enuf to enquire.

I am into tech, I knw wats up.

Nice to hear that. Amazon Dey come Lagos next month to recruit software engineers and relocate them. Waha for tech companies in Nigeria when Dey pay peanuts.
Re: Mass Resignation Of Software Engineers Disrupts Banks Digitisation Move by Nobody: 10:59am On Jul 26, 2022
emmaodet:

You are completely right.

A black man is not good for leadership role but they won't agree, they will say we are stupid and part of people brainwashed and don't want blacks to grow.
I have ssen white run companies in nigeria and have seen the black counterparts, pure big difference. Big difference.
An european came to nigeria to float my former company. He started from scratch with little in the mid 90's and expanded the company to world class with branches all over west africa and south africa, small branches in asia and europe.
In fact, he became the second richest man in Holland as at 10 years ago.
The man became old, couldn't run the company anymore and the 2 children he has are not interested in the biz so baba handed over the biz to his adopted nigerian son he groomed from small (his cleaner's child cum his own)
Do you know that just with2 years, 2 years oooooooooooooooo....between 2020 to present, the company is almost folding up.
I doubt the company will survive this year....... too many debts to banks, suppliers, struggling to pay workers after the idiot says he wants to cut cost, massive sacking of over 300 workers, changing of white guys to we blacks mostly bcus he claimed couldn't pay the high salary and logistics of the white guys yet he is still crying high cost and needs to cut down more.

Cut wetin kwanu? you wan cut your hand join?
Always moving with about 10 mobile police in convoy like governor while the previous white owner drives himself to company, walks round alone and you won't even know he is the owner of the company.
Many many many more bro. I just had to jump ship before the company collapse ontop my head.
Blacks are poor leaders and shouldn't near leadership roles. At allllllllll

Currently I'm In a management position In the firm I'm working with and everything you said Is total truth. I can't start to emphasize on how some managers handling top position are so backward In reasoning. Most of these guys have nothing tangible upstairs..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mass Resignation Of Software Engineers Disrupts Banks Digitisation Move by Nobody: 11:00am On Jul 26, 2022
SavageBoy:

Well, if I'll be relocating to another African country, I'm not hoping to get a job there. I should have been working remotely with a company in the west.

I'm just looking at living at a place that's nice living conditions, low crime rate and have stable power supply.

You can Checkout Namibia though..

2 Likes

Re: Mass Resignation Of Software Engineers Disrupts Banks Digitisation Move by Nobody: 11:03am On Jul 26, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

Na wetin happen for Nigerdock be this. When whites were in charge everyone was enjoying. Black man came and everything collapsed completely. Over 1000 people lost their jobs.

It's happening everywhere, check very well. Most Black men are Sadistic Entities generally. Take a look at the "Oli and Gas/Telecom Sector" and see what's happening..
Re: Mass Resignation Of Software Engineers Disrupts Banks Digitisation Move by Nobody: 11:08am On Jul 26, 2022
Goldbw122:

It is true, back in the days, there are people who thought Nigeria will be better but reverse is the case now.. some people of the 70 where offer a little amount to travel yeah but they stay behind and and the story was never the same. That is why when you have the chance to do what you want to do just take grand opportunity and make the best of it

This right here. I knew of some people who later regretted and ended their lives miserably..

1 Like

Re: Mass Resignation Of Software Engineers Disrupts Banks Digitisation Move by Nobody: 11:15am On Jul 26, 2022
emmaodet:

it is true.

I make close to your figures and stays in nigeria but bro, there is still this fear in you of not falling and going broke.
Nigeria no get shock absorber. If you go out of job, you may likely deplete your savings and go aground without floating again.
In US, even after losing a job, within 6 months you would have gotten something to keep you afloat again and that is the big inssurance we are looking for. Nigeria no get insurance at all.
I don't want to get stuck and 15 years from now, my child will start blaming me that why didn't i leave during my time when when it was easier to travel than their time when my mates where leaving.
I hope not to here that statement from my kids in regret....that ''had i know statement''

Most black people only live for the moment and aren't conscious of the Future. Wetin consign Mallam Aboki with Education. You have time talking about "THE FUTURE" for where Nigerian Negroes dey lol..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mass Resignation Of Software Engineers Disrupts Banks Digitisation Move by Nobody: 11:29am On Jul 26, 2022
babasolution:

Oga,what you fail to realise is if the whites ruled here,you won't enjoy those things like you think,they will creating for themselves,you won't participate except you serve them one way or the other

Another mumuson negro who needs to be educated..

1 Like

Re: Mass Resignation Of Software Engineers Disrupts Banks Digitisation Move by Nobody: 11:31am On Jul 26, 2022
CaveAdullam:
Nothing can beat my conviction that Nigeria/Africa is dead! Dead and bite the dust decades ago.

Born an African is the worst that can ever be done to an individual.

Patriotic Africans we believe in you. But as for me and my house, "na japa o".

Modified

2. Africa/Nigeria can only change if her leaders and people are ready. There are a lot of books in the library, posts on the internet, and ideas in the heads of intelligent citizens that can make this change spontaneous.

Nothing is working because these solutions are ignored. Books are not read. Intelligent people are treated ignominiously. If ideas are not entertaining and emotionally enthralling they will slide into the dust bin. (Now, just imagine the craze that will surround Nigerians in the next few months as BBnaija kickstarts). Our leaders and people are not ready!

3. Entertainment is now the order of the day. Give the people crumbs and entertainment, they will forget their sorrow. They waste their years in snail pace motion expecting a white-bearded God in heaven to come to help them with his host of angels. Crazy sets of people!

4. With what I experienced on Saturday, I know for sure that the masses are not ready.

When I went to do my voter's card registration, the man in charge of calling names started playing games, and taking bribes from people that came late for them to do their registration quickly. The man came and started using plausible statements to convince us/others why it is so. They all agreed, but it was once my senses spotted the manipulation and about 3 guys and a girl joined me to call out the game. 5 of us were the ones that countered the game at the front.

But what I discovered was that it was just the 5 of us that were just shouting, others who started at the beginning faded as the tension continued. Some were swearing in the name of God. Some have resulted in the fate that that is how Nigeria goes and there is nothing we can do about it. All man for himself.

All excuses given are the same as the general population. The more we remain cold and sober rather than take drastic action collectively and in unity the more we slip into oblivion. And to think that youths are draining void of vigor and pushback; it is obvious that the nation has been lost in the cemetery.

5. I do pity women, however, most of them have finagled their way through various shades of prostitution to make ends meet. With "clitocurrency" there's hope for them. Their biological clock doesn't give any fvck about them, neither does politics nor socioeconomic status. Tick tock, tick tock...when it is time it bombs.

6. Men are at the barest, the worst, and the hottest zone when there is an economic and political breakdown. "Penitocurrency" doesn't move the market because women who are ready to trade are few, and want it cheap or even for free (in actual sense, free is the price).

Like clitocurrency, thirsty men are in abundant supply as if the flood gates of heaven have been keeping them hostage.

7. Men suffer harshly because no hope. No help. Ambition dies. Passion is lost. Strength gone. Their only struggle is survival, at least 1 meal a day. Biology will favor them as they can reproduce till old age. Those that survived the economic and political tragedy will come out with tangible experiences and wisdom.

8. Where poverty weakens the majority of women as a result of sexual promiscuity. Poverty shapes men to take hold of the situation and attain leadership. Few men may reach this stage but they are the ones that bring change until the next chaotic circle.

9. The fact that you are born in a particular country doesn't mean all of your life will circulate there. You can decide to leave for another nation. You can decide to achieve your dream in another nation. You can decide to migrate and never come back. Those limiting their focus to their place of birth are not truly taking the best decision except they lack the opportunity of migrating to a better place.

10. In a critical period like this, it is not advisable to reproduce because the child becomes a burden in addition to your partner.

Why do poor people reproduce more by the way?

Poverty means a lack of resources. The more you reproduce the more you have children that will take your gene to the next generation. Not reproducing is biological and evolutionary stupid. Genes are what nature cares for, not fine clothes, wallets, and shoes.

Rich people already have the resources to cater to their 2 kids and with maximum care, those kids will yield future generations.

Reproduction for the poor is a game of quantity and survival. While for the rich it is a game of quality and survival. All there happen subconsciously. Mother nature is at work, she never takes a moment of rest, not even for once.

11. To sum it up: it is foolishness, I mean, broad daylight foolishness to:

a. Blame the masses for the failure of the government. The masses have their share of the blame, but you must understand that power belongs to the government. Democracy is a 21st-century scam. Covid 19/lockdown is enough to portray this story.

The people trusted the government into power, and it is expedient as a rule and order warranty that the government should keep to its promises.

b. Comparing failed Africa/Nigeria to developed nations. If a nation is failing, no amount of wishful thinking and white painting can repair it. No God is coming to help. If leaders continue to worship their guts, belly, and pockets kerfuffles will remain ubiquitous.

Rather than fault racism, and black slavery, Blacks should stand up and unite together. The internet has already done most of the job for us. But if we still focus on equalling shoulders with an IQ below average(85/100) with Asians(105+), Europeans(100+), and Whites(100+) we will continue to hit shame and disappointment.

TL;DR: fvck off!

Thanks.

I hope we cross path someday preferably In diaspora. You will forever be remembered for this golden piece..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mass Resignation Of Software Engineers Disrupts Banks Digitisation Move by Maforgreats(m): 11:41am On Jul 26, 2022
LikeAking:

Stop blaming the govt, in dis same govt many have made it.

Make una calm down.

Same excuses.

If the government are not part of the problem, why then are citizens travelling abroad at this rate? An average Nigerian hope and dream is to travel out of this country, who is to blame fr that?

2 Likes

Re: Mass Resignation Of Software Engineers Disrupts Banks Digitisation Move by Nobody: 11:44am On Jul 26, 2022
slydog:
I worked in the banking industry for 9years as a relationship manager.
In March this year, I asked my boss to nominate me for sack (when you are sacked they pay you a few millions depending on your level).
The day the sack list came was the day Canada stamped my passport. I arrived Canada last month, I'm resuming work on the 2nd of next month (on my 59th day in Canada) as a credit analyst in one of Canada big 3 banks. My annual pay is a $65,000 not a bad start at all. People with $100k combined income (husband and wife) are buying houses here and there.
I encourage every banker to run away.

I hope you thanked God and your generous boss very well? I'm happy for you but I'm more extremely elated for your offsprings for they will experience a great and sane society at least and thank you forever..

4 Likes

Re: Mass Resignation Of Software Engineers Disrupts Banks Digitisation Move by Maforgreats(m): 11:47am On Jul 26, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

Lol trust me the worst is yet to come. A tinubu regime will make the present Buhari regime look like paradise. He has already said he will continue from where Buhari stopped grin grin. I tell people not to give birth because no matter how bad things are or things get you can always fend for yourself. If you don't even have food, you can go long periods as an adult without eating. The human body can go for as long as six months to a year on just water. Children will die though if they are subjected to such. If you know how many kids in Nigeria go to bed hungry, you would cry.

That's food o I don't even wanna talk about education. A Nigerian child with regards to education is completely behind his peers from other parts of the globe. Only the rich in Nigeria can afford quality education now. Look at some of the high ranking schools and see how much they cost.

You even suffer finish train your kids and make them responsible human beings where are they gonna work. A lot of Nigerian graudates have no work. Few people working are severely underpaid. A graduate earning 15k, 20k a month. A Nigerian life isn't worth it. It's a sin for anyone to create more after having lived through it and such people deserve the deepest parts of hell alongside our demonic politicians.
abeg how the human body fit take go 6 months with just water, that mean I no be human oh, If I no chop in one full day I won't survive

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mass Resignation Of Software Engineers Disrupts Banks Digitisation Move by whitebeard(m): 11:50am On Jul 26, 2022
KushLyon:

Don't even indulge him, he is obviously a crackhead
omo the talk shock me, despite everything that is happening around, person still fit yarn rubbish like that.

1 Like

Re: Mass Resignation Of Software Engineers Disrupts Banks Digitisation Move by nectarmama(f): 11:51am On Jul 26, 2022
in the mean time you can Get Trained in the state-of-the-art training facility housing an Automation studio with complete process plant consisting of a process skid, electrical and instrument junction buses, MCC, marshalling cabinet, ICSS cabinet, Package ucp, network cabinet, etc.
reach us @advanxis.com or whatsapp us on 081600522942
Re: Mass Resignation Of Software Engineers Disrupts Banks Digitisation Move by Nobody: 11:53am On Jul 26, 2022
Metrofox:

Majority of Nigerians are sick and illiterate . Sickness of the mind and psyche. At least 20,% are in a state of learned helplessness 50% suffer from Stockholm syndrome the rest are divided between illiterate, religious fundamentalist and tribal bigots. For a significant group, they suffer from a cocktail of these illnesses .

The sane ones are in the minority of the minority.
How does anyone make the mistake of entrusting his future in the hands of such a people?

I feel bad for the trapped minority, made up my mind a long time ago and they only regret is the 10yrs minimum Nigeria steals from everyone who is born and matures to adulthood in that contraption.

For those who believe in elections in an underdeveloped country. Look at the stats above again. Miracles do happen anyway... cheerio

At the bolded, This Is deep and confirmed. Most especially people from Poor and Average Background Hmmm..

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Web Application Development Contest: Jajad Wins / Project Topics In Computer Science / Dr Akorede Kamil Teaches Coding On The Streets Of Ilorin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.