Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,377 members, 7,819,370 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:01 PM

Mass Resignation Of Software Engineers Disrupts Banks Digitisation Move - Programming (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Mass Resignation Of Software Engineers Disrupts Banks Digitisation Move (48090 Views)

Re: Amazon Recruitment Of Software Developers In Nigeria 2022. Opinion / Backend Software Engineers, Let's Talk About System Design / Differences Between Testing And Debugging In Programming Of Software Application (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mass Resignation Of Software Engineers Disrupts Banks Digitisation Move by Goldbw122(m): 8:37pm On Jul 25, 2022
intruder15:

Its not just about the act of travelling. It's the reason behind it. Most people relocate because basic amenities is provided out there. Because the education to a level is free. They don't think about school fees from Montessori to university. They get paid in a currency that is strong.

If Nigeria solve all of these, do you think people will travel? When 1 naira was more valuable than the dollar in the 70s, why will someone want to travel for Greener pastures when the land is greener here. People only travel for education back then. Once they are done, they are back to Nigeria because Nigeria was better.
It is true, back in the days, there are people who thought Nigeria will be better but reverse is the case now.. some people of the 70 where offer a little amount to travel yeah but they stay behind and and the story was never the same. That is why when you have the chance to do what you want to do just take grand opportunity and make the best of it

3 Likes

Re: Mass Resignation Of Software Engineers Disrupts Banks Digitisation Move by Dmama1991: 8:42pm On Jul 25, 2022
Bossman:
Yes, the USA does NOT export Software Developers. I am an IT manager (Was a dev for about 20 years or so) in the US, and I can tell you, it's very difficult to fill open positions. Our IT dept has hundreds of software devs, with over 80% of them being of Indian origin. Almost my whole team is based in India. The ability to work remotely is also key. Devs will not even waste time with you if you do not give them the option to work from home. I have not been to the office since around April 2000, when covid first started. Would be great to be able to make US salary and work out of Nigeria. However, excellent internet connectivity and power are extremely important. Unfortunately, those are still not easily and cheaply achievable in Nigeria.
sir i just wanted to learn about these software stuff can i be your boy
Re: Mass Resignation Of Software Engineers Disrupts Banks Digitisation Move by RUGS(m): 8:43pm On Jul 25, 2022
Please, I need a mentor on Tech (Software Engineering) that will tutor me and will make him/her proud.
I don't have any means to pay for the now ooh but I will surely sacrifice myself for the betterment of my mentor because am in so need of this program.
Thanks

WhatsApp number 08067866727
E-Mail Address : Isaacjoe23@yahoo.com

1 Like

Re: Mass Resignation Of Software Engineers Disrupts Banks Digitisation Move by Dmama1991: 8:45pm On Jul 25, 2022
Bossman:
Yes, the USA does NOT export Software Developers. I am an IT manager (Was a dev for about 20 years or so) in the US, and I can tell you, it's very difficult to fill open positions. Our IT dept has hundreds of software devs, with over 80% of them being of Indian origin. Almost my whole team is based in India. The ability to work remotely is also key. Devs will not even waste time with you if you do not give them the option to work from home. I have not been to the office since around April 2000, when covid first started. Would be great to be able to make US salary and work out of Nigeria. However, excellent internet connectivity and power are extremely important. Unfortunately, those are still not easily and cheaply achievable in Nigeria.
boss please i need a guide i want to go into these am single and jobless too

2 Likes

Re: Mass Resignation Of Software Engineers Disrupts Banks Digitisation Move by emmaodet: 8:50pm On Jul 25, 2022
AnthonyAk:
The smartest developers will work from Naija and earn dollars. $50k per year will change ur life from Naija. Once u start making over $100k you will be living like a king. Running generators by the drum

it is true.

I make close to your figures and stays in nigeria but bro, there is still this fear in you of not falling and going broke.
Nigeria no get shock absorber. If you go out of job, you may likely deplete your savings and go aground without floating again.
In US, even after losing a job, within 6 months you would have gotten something to keep you afloat again and that is the big inssurance we are looking for. Nigeria no get insurance at all.
I don't want to get stuck and 15 years from now, my child will start blaming me that why didn't i leave during my time when when it was easier to travel than their time when my mates where leaving.
I hope not to here that statement from my kids in regret....that ''had i know statement''

4 Likes

Re: Mass Resignation Of Software Engineers Disrupts Banks Digitisation Move by Dmama1991: 8:50pm On Jul 25, 2022
Goldymafia:
oga no talk that kind thing, am an IT person I will tell u categorically that govt policy is affecting alot of stuff, check the pay overseas for every IT role $75k, $55k annually, who wan pay you such in nigeria, Niger is met for fraudsters, thieve politicians and those ready to cut corners...me as an IT person na Japa soon...Godforbid this kind continent.tufiakwa
senior bro please i need help about these IT stuff please
Re: Mass Resignation Of Software Engineers Disrupts Banks Digitisation Move by Goldymafia: 9:03pm On Jul 25, 2022
LikeAking:

How much are the Nigerian companies making to fund such high pay, what's the cost of living in Nigeria, when compared to abroad.

Pls mention the govt policies stoping IT?

Minus lite, internet, etc.

ask your govt what dey did to crypto currency, thank God u mention lite, internet, and let me ask you how many innovation has your govt taken cognisant notice of and try and annex...when u tax multinational companies u expect them to have enough to pay their workers...may I remind you that every ITfirm, multinational company are tired of Nigeria and trying to move their base out of this shit hole, if u think am lying make an investigation

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mass Resignation Of Software Engineers Disrupts Banks Digitisation Move by LikeAking: 9:09pm On Jul 25, 2022
emmaodet:

My brother.
Traveling is part of education and because most people are poor in nigeria, they hardly travel to see what is happening outside their country.
Most nigerians traveling sef are not doing that becuase they wan to for tourism or vacation, it is due to poverty - seeking greener pasture or hard saving to go to school/course or medical reason.
Aside accra in ghan, others are mostly shitholes.
Angola as a whole has only 2 telecommunication network. Imagine a country with just mtn and glo...finish....no competition, no bringing down prices...you don't have a choice.
Cabinda airport looks like maiduguri airport....low traffic...probably 1 or 2 flights per day.
Soyo airport same.....roughly 1 flight per day.

Yet they dont talk bad about their country like Nigerian do.

Even de man earning one million naira per month is complaining... Imagine that kind country.

We are just great compainers, negative minded.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mass Resignation Of Software Engineers Disrupts Banks Digitisation Move by Raalsalghul: 9:18pm On Jul 25, 2022
Hagiazomakai:
I have never been a fan of leaving Nigeria totally,it's my country home and God has a reason for drafting me here.

No matter how dark the light may be,the will be bright light at the end of the tunnel.

Those leaving are free to,but once Nigeria gets it right,they will see what they are missing.

I still believe in Nigeria

Oh ye believers cheesy

1 Like

Re: Mass Resignation Of Software Engineers Disrupts Banks Digitisation Move by grandstar(m): 9:20pm On Jul 25, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

You are an optimist. I really do not care for Nigerian politics but even a peter obi's presidency would not change Nigeria's fate. People are yet to come to terms with the destruction Buhari has meted to the Nigerian economy. It will take at least 20 to 30 years to fix.

Don't be too pessimistic. Even war torn Europe was able to fully recover from World War II destruction within a decade.

If OBJ could achieve a lot after the kleptocratic governments of Babangida, Abacha and Abdulsalam Abubakar, all hope isn't lost.

The government debt as a percentage of GDP today hovers around 23%. By the time Buhari hands over, it should hit 25%. This is still manageable. Fast economic growth and budget deficits of no more than 2% of GDP combined with rapid revenue drive should be able to cut down the debt burden to about `15% in a few years. Borrowing should always be moderated despite the urge always do otherwise. Cost cutting and prudency should be the hallmark.

In as little as 4 years, if transformative policies are implemented, the economy should make a strong turnaround.

1 Like

Re: Mass Resignation Of Software Engineers Disrupts Banks Digitisation Move by AnthonyAk(m): 9:26pm On Jul 25, 2022
emmaodet:

it is true.

I make close to your figures and stays in nigeria but bro, there is still this fear in you of not falling and going broke.
Nigeria no get shock absorber. If you go out of job, you may likely deplete your savings and go aground without floating again.
In US, even after losing a job, within 6 months you would have gotten something to keep you afloat again and that is the big inssurance we are looking for. Nigeria no get insurance at all.
I don't want to get stuck and 15 years from now, my child will start blaming me that why didn't i leave during my time when when it was easier to travel than their time when my mates where leaving.
I hope not to here that statement from my kids in regret....that ''had i know statement''

Leave if you have to for sure. The best devs will eventually leave the country anyway and can earn well over $200k base salary, the upper limits a limitless in the US

I make well over $100k and if I wasn’t getting married here, I would be in Naija now working but I’m a Canadian now so I guess that makes a difference.

4 Likes

Re: Mass Resignation Of Software Engineers Disrupts Banks Digitisation Move by olalekan1(m): 9:28pm On Jul 25, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

Na wetin happen for Nigerdock be this. When whites were in charge everyone was enjoying. Black man came and everything collapsed completely. Over 1000 people lost their jobs.
The HR of Nigerdock sometimes last year gave me an offer after viewing my profile on LinkedIn. I ignored it and later contact him but never replied back. I thought I missed a chance there
Re: Mass Resignation Of Software Engineers Disrupts Banks Digitisation Move by JoyousFurnitire(m): 9:30pm On Jul 25, 2022
LikeAking:

USA and co export tech to Naija, Saudi, UAE, Quater, Isreal, Asia, globally for bigga pay.

U know how many USA and Co firms our govt dey employ?

If Dev are living Naija, then it's a good dev.

Na so d work suppose be.

Our banks shud no make excuses.

You're not dropping intelligent responses undecided

3 Likes

Re: Mass Resignation Of Software Engineers Disrupts Banks Digitisation Move by lordally(m): 9:39pm On Jul 25, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

You aren't a dev. You have no idea what we talk about in our circles.

Lwkmd!!! This response na killer!

1 Like

Re: Mass Resignation Of Software Engineers Disrupts Banks Digitisation Move by LikeAking: 9:42pm On Jul 25, 2022
JoyousFurnitire:

You're not dropping intelligent responses undecided

I know USA tech guys in Naija working. I know wia dey live .

I rest my case.

Na English dey confuse you.

So you mean no USA tech guy us working outside the USA.

And you guys will be the first too insult people.
Re: Mass Resignation Of Software Engineers Disrupts Banks Digitisation Move by justmondris: 9:44pm On Jul 25, 2022
As a software engineer, this a good new.

2 Likes

Re: Mass Resignation Of Software Engineers Disrupts Banks Digitisation Move by EbenG(m): 9:57pm On Jul 25, 2022
Bossman:
Can you spare me some of your precious time, Sir? Should I pm?
Re: Mass Resignation Of Software Engineers Disrupts Banks Digitisation Move by karkinase(m): 9:58pm On Jul 25, 2022
LikeAking:

USA and co export tech to Naija, Saudi, UAE, Quater, Isreal, Asia, globally for bigga pay.

U know how many USA and Co firms our govt dey employ?

If Dev are living Naija, then it's a good dev.

Na so d work suppose be.

Our banks shud no make excuses.
Pls. Don’t spoil this beautiful thread… seems you are an agbado and cassava candidate..

7 Likes

Re: Mass Resignation Of Software Engineers Disrupts Banks Digitisation Move by McStoic(m): 9:58pm On Jul 25, 2022
rentgyd2000s:
The fact remains that in life, after God, it's government.
The government of a country greatly determines how a country is/will be.
How a country is determines how comfortably we worship, we start business, we do business, we travel and have leisure, even the confidence to invest.

In Myanmar, the Rohinginya Muslims don't worship easily, in China, the Buddhists of Tibet don't worship easily.

In Nigeria can't easily start a business without one illegal payment or the other.

'The price for democracy is eternal vigilance "

Your comments were going fine but you got your last statement wrong. The real quote goes "The price for liberty is eternal vigilance". It's liberty not government...
Re: Mass Resignation Of Software Engineers Disrupts Banks Digitisation Move by LienwaltAbel(m): 10:02pm On Jul 25, 2022
grandstar:

Don't be too pessimistic. Even war torn Europe was able to fully recover from World War II destruction within a decade.

If OBJ could achieve a lot after the kleptocratic governments of Babangida, Abacha and Abdulsalam Abubakar, all hope isn't lost.

The government debt as a percentage of GDP today hovers around 23%. By the time Buhari hands over, it should hit 25%. This is still manageable. Fast economic growth and budget deficits of no more than 2% of GDP combined with rapid revenue drive should be able to cut down the debt burden to about `15% in a few years. Borrowing should always be moderated despite the urge always do otherwise. Cost cutting and prudency should be the hallmark.

In as little as 4 years, if transformative policies are implemented, the economy should make a strong turnaround.
When Atiku or Tinubu is taking over? See why I try to keep optimists away from me, they don't even believe the worse can happen, and yet, time and time again, the worse always happens. See bro, you've got your choice. Don't disturb others. Na by force to follow una die for this decayed fvckery called Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Mass Resignation Of Software Engineers Disrupts Banks Digitisation Move by Gerrard59(m): 10:06pm On Jul 25, 2022
grandstar:

So, what's your solution to the Islamic fundamentalism in Nigeria? Sharia advocates? Boko Haram and so-called bandits who have backing from state governors and military generals?

2 Likes

Re: Mass Resignation Of Software Engineers Disrupts Banks Digitisation Move by peropoliet(m): 10:07pm On Jul 25, 2022
Growthpartner1:
Hello future Japarians,
My name is Anike,
I review SOPs for N20,000
I look at the structure, content and grammar. if you need a third eye for your SOP,
You can send me an email- globalvirtualhr@gmail.com
Cheers

sop is done free oga

1 Like

Re: Mass Resignation Of Software Engineers Disrupts Banks Digitisation Move by Missionaire: 10:09pm On Jul 25, 2022
CaveAdullam:
Nothing can beat my conviction that Nigeria/Africa is dead! Dead and bite the dust decades ago.

Born an African is the worst that can ever be done to an individual.

Patriotic Africans we believe in you. But as for me and my house, "na japa o".

Modified

2. Africa/Nigeria can only change if her leaders and people are ready. There are a lot of books in the library, posts on the internet, and ideas in the heads of intelligent citizens that can make this change spontaneous.

Nothing is working because these solutions are ignored. Books are not read. Intelligent people are treated ignominiously. If ideas are not entertaining and emotionally enthralling they will slide into the dust bin. (Now, just imagine the craze that will surround Nigerians in the next few months as BBnaija kickstarts). Our leaders and people are not ready!

3. Entertainment is now the order of the day. Give the people crumbs and entertainment, they will forget their sorrow. They waste their years in snail pace motion expecting a white-bearded God in heaven to come to help them with his host of angels. Crazy sets of people!

4. With what I experienced on Saturday, I know for sure that the masses are not ready.

When I went to do my voter's card registration, the man in charge of calling names started playing games, and taking bribes from people that came late for them to do their registration quickly. The man came and started using plausible statements to convince us/others why it is so. They all agreed, but it was once my senses spotted the manipulation and about 3 guys and a girl joined me to call out the game. 5 of us were the ones that countered the game at the front.

But what I discovered was that it was just the 5 of us that were just shouting, others who started at the beginning faded as the tension continued. Some were swearing in the name of God. Some have resulted in the fate that that is how Nigeria goes and there is nothing we can do about it. All man for himself.

All excuses given are the same as the general population. The more we remain cold and sober rather than take drastic action collectively and in unity the more we slip into oblivion. And to think that youths are draining void of vigor and pushback; it is obvious that the nation has been lost in the cemetery.

5. I do pity women, however, most of them have finagled their way through various shades of prostitution to make ends meet. With "clitocurrency" there's hope for them. Their biological clock doesn't give any fvck about them, neither does politics nor socioeconomic status. Tick tock, tick tock...when it is time it bombs.

6. Men are at the barest, the worst, and the hottest zone when there is an economic and political breakdown. "Penitocurrency" doesn't move the market because women who are ready to trade are few, and want it cheap or even for free (in actual sense, free is the price).

Like clitocurrency, thirsty men are in abundant supply as if the flood gates of heaven have been keeping them hostage.

7. Men suffer harshly because no hope. No help. Ambition dies. Passion is lost. Strength gone. Their only struggle is survival, at least 1 meal a day. Biology will favor them as they can reproduce till old age. Those that survived the economic and political tragedy will come out with tangible experiences and wisdom.

8. Where poverty weakens the majority of women as a result of sexual promiscuity. Poverty shapes men to take hold of the situation and attain leadership. Few men may reach this stage but they are the ones that bring change until the next chaotic circle.

9. The fact that you are born in a particular country doesn't mean all of your life will circulate there. You can decide to leave for another nation. You can decide to achieve your dream in another nation. You can decide to migrate and never come back. Those limiting their focus to their place of birth are not truly taking the best decision except they lack the opportunity of migrating to a better place.

10. In a critical period like this, it is not advisable to reproduce because the child becomes a burden in addition to your partner.

Why do poor people reproduce more by the way?

Poverty means a lack of resources. The more you reproduce the more you have children that will take your gene to the next generation. Not reproducing is biological and evolutionary stupid. Genes are what nature cares for, not fine clothes, wallets, and shoes.

Rich people already have the resources to cater to their 2 kids and with maximum care, those kids will yield future generations.

Reproduction for the poor is a game of quantity and survival. While for the rich it is a game of quality and survival. All there happen subconsciously. Mother nature is at work, she never takes a moment of rest, not even for once.

11. To sum it up: it is foolishness, I mean, broad daylight foolishness to:

a. Blame the masses for the failure of the government. The masses have their share of the blame, but you must understand that power belongs to the government. Democracy is a 21st-century scam. Covid 19/lockdown is enough to portray this story.

The people trusted the government into power, and it is expedient as a rule and order warranty that the government should keep to its promises.

b. Comparing failed Africa/Nigeria to developed nations. If a nation is failing, no amount of wishful thinking and white painting can repair it. No God is coming to help. If leaders continue to worship their guts, belly, and pockets kerfuffles will remain ubiquitous.

Rather than fault racism, and black slavery, Blacks should stand up and unite together. The internet has already done most of the job for us. But if we still focus on equalling shoulders with an IQ below average(85/100) with Asians(105+), Europeans(100+), and Whites(100+) we will continue to hit shame and disappointment.

TL;DR: fvck off!

Thanks.
Re: Mass Resignation Of Software Engineers Disrupts Banks Digitisation Move by TotalRunter: 10:15pm On Jul 25, 2022
twosquare:
It just a matter of time, it won't be long...the country will be shattered...and everyone will answer im papa name....it is not a wish, it is what has been shown to happen...

the ride is about to get bumpy guys....get ready!

Hmm exactly everything i have been saying. Nigeria as we know it is finished
Re: Mass Resignation Of Software Engineers Disrupts Banks Digitisation Move by emmaodet: 10:22pm On Jul 25, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

The wife didnt even go to school. When I see his condition, i vowed i will never marry or procreate in Nigeria and I have done a vasectomy so it doesnt even happen by mistake.

Waoooooooooooooooooooo
You did a vesectomy? are you really serious bro
Re: Mass Resignation Of Software Engineers Disrupts Banks Digitisation Move by Kvngfrosh(m): 10:24pm On Jul 25, 2022
emmaodet:

Waoooooooooooooooooooo
grin . Be like say you no sabi the guy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mass Resignation Of Software Engineers Disrupts Banks Digitisation Move by tensazangetsu20(m): 10:26pm On Jul 25, 2022
emmaodet:

Waoooooooooooooooooooo

Yes o grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Mass Resignation Of Software Engineers Disrupts Banks Digitisation Move by justmondris: 10:27pm On Jul 25, 2022
LikeAking:
Lies!

Are you a software engineer? Please don’t call what you don’t have idea about a lie.
Re: Mass Resignation Of Software Engineers Disrupts Banks Digitisation Move by justmondris: 10:30pm On Jul 25, 2022
The banks are more to be blamed than government. Most companies in Nigeria take advantage of the unemployment rate in the country and pay peanuts as salary even when they are making profits in billions. As a software engineer, I love this news.

4 Likes

Re: Mass Resignation Of Software Engineers Disrupts Banks Digitisation Move by grandstar(m): 10:31pm On Jul 25, 2022
Gerrard59:

So, what's your solution to the Islamic fundamentalism in Nigeria? Sharia advocates? Boko Haram and so-called bandits who have backing from state governors and military generals?

I have to be honest, I am apolitical. Na God's kingdom sure pass.

I am really not interested in the above but let me still provide some answers.

What Islamic fundamentalism? It is only Boko Haram that is an issue. The Fulani bandit are criminals, or to put it better, marauder gangs. This is the reality of having weak institutions. The only way these bandits can be dealt with is to bring in special forces. The army is simply too powerful. Take into consideration that these bandits have civilian hostages with them at all times, not only for ransoms but as human shields to deter an invasion by the army or police. The issue here is Buhari's ineptitude. Your statement that the bandits have the backing of the state governors isn't true. El-rufai outburst about bringing mercenaries actually exposes the helplessness the governors face
Re: Mass Resignation Of Software Engineers Disrupts Banks Digitisation Move by streetsoldier1(m): 10:42pm On Jul 25, 2022
LikeAking:
Lies!

I'm a witness Bro. .. you will hear more by August/september

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Web Application Development Contest: Jajad Wins / Project Topics In Computer Science / Dr Akorede Kamil Teaches Coding On The Streets Of Ilorin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.