Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,689 members, 7,809,605 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:54 AM

Mass Resignation Of Software Engineers Disrupts Banks Digitisation Move - Programming (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Mass Resignation Of Software Engineers Disrupts Banks Digitisation Move (48008 Views)

Re: Amazon Recruitment Of Software Developers In Nigeria 2022. Opinion / Backend Software Engineers, Let's Talk About System Design / Differences Between Testing And Debugging In Programming Of Software Application (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mass Resignation Of Software Engineers Disrupts Banks Digitisation Move by Maxxim: 4:58pm On Jul 25, 2022
LikeAking:

We most come in terms with reality. Mordenizatiin has its own consequences. Things will become very expensive.

No govt can stop that.

What is happening in Nigeria has regards the cost of living is almost natural.

Why are we sending our kids to private schools, when we can make the govt schools work and pay less.

The average Nigarian is the architect of his problems. List I forget, we all prefer forign goods to ours.

Mordenizing bla bla, oga the root of Nigerians problems are caused by their leaders, corruption, mismanagement of public fund led us to this situation. Compared to other foreign countries why didn't our leaders manage the situation to be like theirs where there's enough job for whoever is ready to work.

You mean at this age one should enrol their kids to public schools, seems you're not based here.

7 Likes

Re: Mass Resignation Of Software Engineers Disrupts Banks Digitisation Move by Alusiizizi(m): 4:59pm On Jul 25, 2022
AnthonyAk:
The smartest developers will work from Naija and earn dollars. $50k per year will change ur life from Naija. Once u start making over $100k you will be living like a king. Running generators by the drum

That's precisely my plan. I'm not going anywhere. One would think that $100K in the U.S.A is real money but by the time you pay the government like $40K in taxes, house mortgage/Apartment, meals, fuel and all, you'll realize that you've got nothing.

16 Likes

Re: Mass Resignation Of Software Engineers Disrupts Banks Digitisation Move by getitgetit: 5:01pm On Jul 25, 2022

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mass Resignation Of Software Engineers Disrupts Banks Digitisation Move by dfrost: 5:02pm On Jul 25, 2022
SavageBoy:

Omoor ×1000gringringrin

Add another three zeros to that omoor... I guess you don't know how bad it is? Init.
Re: Mass Resignation Of Software Engineers Disrupts Banks Digitisation Move by Kutunban: 5:03pm On Jul 25, 2022
Sad
Re: Mass Resignation Of Software Engineers Disrupts Banks Digitisation Move by Angelfrost(m): 5:03pm On Jul 25, 2022
SavageBoy:

Omorr na my why I wan die for this coding thing.

Let's all be realistic here, tinubu will most likely win this upcoming election. If that happens mehn, I dey carry myself go Ghana jejely, dey there while I plan the Much bigger move.

Nigerians never See suffering yet. Buhari own na rehearsal

When you talk on this forum, their stupid sycophants call you wailer or loser!

All the best brains don leave finish! No wonder there are so many quacks and charlatans in every sector you go to.

Some exceptionally good mechanics, electricians, and plumbers I know (graduates) have relocated to other nations! I kid you not.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mass Resignation Of Software Engineers Disrupts Banks Digitisation Move by jaxxy(m): 5:04pm On Jul 25, 2022
Blame our leaders who refused to fix the economy and standard of living.
Re: Mass Resignation Of Software Engineers Disrupts Banks Digitisation Move by DeOTR: 5:04pm On Jul 25, 2022
GUNITGuy:
It's a good thing....
Train more software Engineers....Sign they would work there for atleast 6yrs ...
Or
Hire people to work from home as software Engineers
Most Banks require their Engineers to come to work at least, 3 times in a week. For Union Bank, it's one week on, the next off.
Why would you want to work there when you can do two remote jobs from the comfort of your home?

13 Likes

Re: Mass Resignation Of Software Engineers Disrupts Banks Digitisation Move by Angelfrost(m): 5:04pm On Jul 25, 2022
LikeAking:

Do you know how many tech guys the USA and co export globally?

We too dey complain about everything for this country.

The banks no serious.

Please stop... You have capped enough!

Give it a rest before sane minds start thinking you are actually dull!

7 Likes

Re: Mass Resignation Of Software Engineers Disrupts Banks Digitisation Move by Alusiizizi(m): 5:06pm On Jul 25, 2022
getitgetit:
Better to pay all ur income as tax and live long in a sane environment

Than earn peanut and live where your life is worth less than that of a goat

Choose one

You're not getting me. Earn the same amount that a typical programmer abroad earns but do it in Nigeria.

12 Likes

Re: Mass Resignation Of Software Engineers Disrupts Banks Digitisation Move by RepoMan007: 5:06pm On Jul 25, 2022
LikeAking:

Stop blaming the govt, in dis same govt many have made it.

Make una calm down.

Same excuses.

albeit dubiously.

1 Like

Re: Mass Resignation Of Software Engineers Disrupts Banks Digitisation Move by LikeAking: 5:06pm On Jul 25, 2022
Maxxim:

Mordenizing bla bla, oga the root of Nigerians problems are caused by their leaders, corruption, mismanagement of public fund led us to this situation. Compared to other foreign countries why didn't our leaders manage the situation to be like theirs where there's enough job for whoever is ready to work.

You mean at this age one should enrol their kids to public schools, seems you're not based here.

Leadership is not the real cause of the problem. It's deeper that that. Look around Africa, no African country is progressing. It's an African problem not a leadership or political problem.

What's wrong with puplic shools? In the dev world only the very rich send their kids to private schools, but in Nigeria it's diff.

Private sch na scam.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mass Resignation Of Software Engineers Disrupts Banks Digitisation Move by Angelfrost(m): 5:09pm On Jul 25, 2022
LikeAking:

Leadership is not the real cause of the problem. It's deeper that that. Look around Africa, no African country is progressing. It's an African problem not a leadership or political problem.

What's wrong with puplic shools? In the dev world only the very rich send their kids to private schools, but in Nigeria it's diff.

Private sch na scam.

It's still leadership sir. People don't lead themselves. Masses don't make decisive policies.

As at today, how many African leaders can you beat your chest about apart from Rwandan and Kenyan presidents?!!

7 Likes

Re: Mass Resignation Of Software Engineers Disrupts Banks Digitisation Move by bastardson: 5:10pm On Jul 25, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

Ghanas economy has completely collapsed. They went to IMF to seek a bailout. Me I am just stacking up coins, if the worst happens I will move to south america and claim asylum, from there find my way to a much better country.
Which of the coins are you currently buying?

1 Like

Re: Mass Resignation Of Software Engineers Disrupts Banks Digitisation Move by LikeAking: 5:10pm On Jul 25, 2022
Angelfrost:

Please stop... You have capped enough!

Give it a rest before sane minds start thinking you are actually dull!

Queit! U hate to here the truth. Do u know how much FG spend on forign tech firms?

I am ready for the so called sane minds to present their facts, not empty blabbing.

1 Like

Re: Mass Resignation Of Software Engineers Disrupts Banks Digitisation Move by kunleiky(m): 5:12pm On Jul 25, 2022
[quote author=SavageBoy post=115078549]

Omo
This country needs a total overhauling
Re: Mass Resignation Of Software Engineers Disrupts Banks Digitisation Move by tensazangetsu20(m): 5:13pm On Jul 25, 2022
bastardson:
Which of the coins are you currently buying?

USDC

1 Like

Re: Mass Resignation Of Software Engineers Disrupts Banks Digitisation Move by Angelfrost(m): 5:13pm On Jul 25, 2022
LikeAking:

Queit! U hate to here the truth. Do u know how much FG spend on forign tech firms?

I am ready for the so called sane minds to present their facts, not empty blabbing.

How much?!! And why?!!

Do you know how much foreign employers spend on Nigerian tech professionals yearly?!! Do you?!!

Why did foreigners come to recruit doctors in Abuja last year?!!

Why can't your leaders use these same doctors?!!

6 Likes

Re: Mass Resignation Of Software Engineers Disrupts Banks Digitisation Move by Acidosis(m): 5:13pm On Jul 25, 2022
There is almost nothing any organization can do to prevent attrition in the midst of imminent economic collapse. Many employees will leave, customer churn will rise, especially for non-essential brands, and more companies will collapse.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mass Resignation Of Software Engineers Disrupts Banks Digitisation Move by SavageResponse(m): 5:13pm On Jul 25, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

Dude should enter unilag and he will see devs with leetcode counts of 1200+. Japa is on everyone's mouth. Nigerian is completely doomed. Once tinubu wins the next election, complete economic collapse for the next 100 years.

Abeg go and sit down!

Bloody alarmist!

3 Likes

Re: Mass Resignation Of Software Engineers Disrupts Banks Digitisation Move by TotalRunter: 5:13pm On Jul 25, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

Lol trust me the worst is yet to come. A tinubu regime will make the present Buhari regime look like paradise. He has already said he will continue from where Buhari stopped grin grin. I tell people not to give birth because no matter how bad things are or things get you can always fend for yourself. If you don't even have food, you can go long periods as an adult without eating. The human body can go for as long as six months to a year on just water. Children will die though if they are subjected to such. If you know how many kids in Nigeria go to bed hungry, you would cry.

That's food o I don't even wanna talk about education. A Nigerian child with regards to education is completely behind his pairs from other parts of the globe. Only the rich in Nigeria can afford quality education now. Look at some of the high ranking schools and see how much they cost.

You even suffer finish train your kids and make them responsible human beings where are they gonna work. A lot of Nigerian graudates have no work. Few people working are severely underpaid. A graduate earning 15k, 20k a month. A Nigerian life isn't worth it. It's a sin for anyone to create more after having lived through it and such people deserve the deepest parts of hell alongside our demonic politicians.

Wonderful, didn't know some people understood this like myself. I'm almost 50 and i intentionally have only 1 child and is female. Nigeria was finished years ago, it's the north that's the problem because they are using childbirth to impoverish the whole country and no one can dare speak because they will link it to their holy book and before you say jack you have been burnt like Deborah. Even their elite that know the truth can't dare to speak otherwise they get Sanusi treatment

22 Likes

Re: Mass Resignation Of Software Engineers Disrupts Banks Digitisation Move by Iamzik: 5:13pm On Jul 25, 2022
LikeAking:

Stop blaming the govt, in dis same govt many have made it.

Make una calm down.

Same excuses.

Who are the many and what is the meaning of "made it"

You all keep pretending like e no concern me.
The government has a far reaching influence on you. You can make 3million per month if the country's economy is mismanaged your 3m will be with nothing despite how big it sounds
When 1 dollar is 650 why won't people move abroad?

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mass Resignation Of Software Engineers Disrupts Banks Digitisation Move by SavageBoy: 5:13pm On Jul 25, 2022
kunleiky:

But you were just asking him questions and he was answering you na?
You're not comfortable with his opinions?

He wasn't the one I was asking questions.

I've been asking tensa questions, go back and check my posts on this thread
Re: Mass Resignation Of Software Engineers Disrupts Banks Digitisation Move by treatise: 5:14pm On Jul 25, 2022
rentgyd2000s:
The fact remains that in life, after God, it's government.
The government of a country greatly determines how a country is/will be.
How a country is determines how comfortably we worship, we start business, we do business, we travel and have leisure, even the confidence to invest.

In Myanmar, the Rohinginya Muslims don't worship easily, in China, the Buddhists of Tibet don't worship easily.

In Nigeria can't easily start a business without one illegal payment or the other.

'The price for democracy is eternal vigilance "
To make the matters worse, all payment options for international transactions have been stifled. Sai baba

2 Likes

Re: Mass Resignation Of Software Engineers Disrupts Banks Digitisation Move by GreaterFuture(m): 5:14pm On Jul 25, 2022
DrLevi:

Lol.. have you been to the travel section?

Devs right now are Nigeria's most valuable HR export add an experience in fintech with a major bank and you'll understand that the article is very authentic

Amazon will be here next week to interview more devs, and more companies will follow.

Even on twitter the other day, there was a joke about throwing a stone in Hull University and it would be sure to hit a Nigerian ex-bank staff and many said it was true
In Hull University? Why Hull University?
Re: Mass Resignation Of Software Engineers Disrupts Banks Digitisation Move by Raalsalghul: 5:14pm On Jul 25, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

Lol trust me the worst is yet to come. A tinubu regime will make the present Buhari regime look like paradise. He has already said he will continue from where Buhari stopped grin grin. I tell people not to give birth because no matter how bad things are or things get you can always fend for yourself. If you don't even have food, you can go long periods as an adult without eating. The human body can go for as long as six months to a year on just water. Children will die though if they are subjected to such. If you know how many kids in Nigeria go to bed hungry, you would cry.

That's food o I don't even wanna talk about education. A Nigerian child with regards to education is completely behind his pairs from other parts of the globe. Only the rich in Nigeria can afford quality education now. Look at some of the high ranking schools and see how much they cost.

You even suffer finish train your kids and make them responsible human beings where are they gonna work. A lot of Nigerian graudates have no work. Few people working are severely underpaid. A graduate earning 15k, 20k a month. A Nigerian life isn't worth it. It's a sin for anyone to create more after having lived through it and such people deserve the deepest parts of hell alongside our demonic politicians.

Lol.

Some how this reality is lost on sooo many people.

My reason for saying so?

Well, had two people calling me up in the past week, told me about their upcoming weddings.

Of course, they wanted my contribution however they are not the type that would delay child bearing for any reason.

The worst part is that they're below average.

Any poor person considering procreation in today's Nigeria is just plain wicked.

No ifs, buts or them say.

11 Likes

Re: Mass Resignation Of Software Engineers Disrupts Banks Digitisation Move by Ivimmanuel: 5:14pm On Jul 25, 2022
Gerrard59:

They'd still leave. Did you read the article? The issue isn't paying them more, but them using the increased amount to japa. So, basically, you're paying these people to leave not stay as intended. Should Agbado win next year, Nigerian companies should be very prepared o cos there will be a massive exodus! Mr 50M yoots has kuku said "he'd continue from where Buhari stopped", and judging from how Buhari has performed, you know what that means. grin

and if the talents continue leaving, foreign investors will soon join them.
Re: Mass Resignation Of Software Engineers Disrupts Banks Digitisation Move by Bizibi(m): 5:14pm On Jul 25, 2022
There is heavy brain drain right now.....
Re: Mass Resignation Of Software Engineers Disrupts Banks Digitisation Move by tensazangetsu20(m): 5:16pm On Jul 25, 2022
SavageResponse:

Abeg go and sit down!

Bloody alarmist!

You aren't a dev. You have no idea what we talk about in our circles.

4 Likes

Re: Mass Resignation Of Software Engineers Disrupts Banks Digitisation Move by Abujason: 5:17pm On Jul 25, 2022
SavageBoy:

Omorr na my why I wan die for this coding thing.

Let's all be realistic here, tinubu will most likely win this upcoming election. If that happens mehn, I dey carry myself go Ghana jejely, dey there while I plan the Much bigger move.

Nigerians never See suffering yet. Buhari own na rehearsal

Just calm down. Ebola Tinubu will not win. See as people are jumping ship from APC to PDP and Labour. Worst case scenario there is a run off and either Obi or Atiku wins. SE and SS will never align with a known crook Ebola Agbadola Cassavani Tinubu.

Meanwhile, Software Engineering / Development has a great future. Even if some people dey japa, that will create more opportunities for those wey remain. I know that people are looking for opportunities to emigrate to US or Europe because starting pay for Developers/Engineers can be between $55K to over $100K. Who wouldn’t want that?

2 Likes

Re: Mass Resignation Of Software Engineers Disrupts Banks Digitisation Move by tensazangetsu20(m): 5:17pm On Jul 25, 2022
Raalsalghul:

Lol.

Some how this reality is lost on sooo many people.

My reason for saying so?

Well, had two people calling me up in the past week, told me about their upcoming weddings.

Of course, they wanted my contribution however they are not the type that would delay child bearing for any reason.

The worst part is that they're below average.

Any poor person considering procreation in today's Nigeria is just plain wicked.

No ifs, buts or them say.

Not just the poor even if you are rich anything can happen, Nigeria has no social contract. My uncle was earning 800k lost his job and his 3 kids are suffering in the village. No food to even eat. Anything can happen. If it's him alone, it's different the family can even raise money for him to go and hustle abroad but as he has 3 kids and a wife nobody wants to put hand there.

11 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Web Application Development Contest: Jajad Wins / Project Topics In Computer Science / Dr Akorede Kamil Teaches Coding On The Streets Of Ilorin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.