Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,453 members, 7,830,240 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:29 PM

What Is Your Reason For Marriage - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Is Your Reason For Marriage (1296 Views)

Ladies Who Rejected Marriage Proposal, What Was Your Reason? / Mention A Nairalander You'd Like To Meet In Person And State Your Reason(s) / Ladies, What's Your Reason for Rejecting Suitors? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Your Reason For Marriage by KalioPeter: 6:17pm On Jul 28, 2022
So recently I have been thinking, "Why do people even get married?

Marriage is good, no doubt about that, but now, what is your personal reason for marriage?

why would you choose to take a lady into your life and into your house?
Take responsibility of all her problems, her extended family etc.

Then children comes into the picture..
You're the man, and that is how it should be right?
you have to provide for all, your wife only has sit and take care of the children.

Why do you find it necessary to bear all these burden?
Because you're a "MAN"?

My Uncle's wife just gave birth, two weeks ago, to a baby girl.
Through operation, and you need to see how he's running around to get the money for the hospital bill.

I really feel for him, and sometimes, I just wish I could help him.

Elders in the house, please educate us.

Because if I can keep my virginity up till now, I don't think I'll be needing a girl in my life.

can't even remember the last time I had an erection ;DSo recently I have been thinking, "Why do people even get married?

Marriage is good, no doubt about that, but now, what is your personal reason for marriage?

why would you choose to take a lady into your life and into your house?
Take responsibility of all her problems, her extended family etc.

Then children comes into the picture..
You're the man, and that is how it should be right?
you have to provide for all, your wife only has sit and take care of the children.

Why do you find it necessary to bear all these burden?
Because you're a "MAN"?

My Uncle's wife just gave birth, two weeks ago, to a baby girl.
Through operation, and you need to see how he's running around to get the money for the hospital bill.

I really feel for him, and sometimes, I just wish I could help him.

Elders in the house, please educate us.

Because if I can keep my virginity up till now, I don't think I'll be needing a girl in my life.

can't even remember the last time I had an erection

2 Likes

Re: What Is Your Reason For Marriage by LordIsaac(m): 6:20pm On Jul 28, 2022
Marriage or no, if people are sick, money would be needed to treat them. My point is, marriage is beyond money (in saner societies).

2 Likes

Re: What Is Your Reason For Marriage by parkervero(m): 6:25pm On Jul 28, 2022
Companionship, friendship and helpmate, that's what I look for in marriage when I finally found a lady who will say yes.

I'm too lonely a man.

5 Likes

Re: What Is Your Reason For Marriage by ExMI6(m): 6:27pm On Jul 28, 2022
You cant remember the last tine you had erection, c'mon are you up to 14yrs.

Most men avoid marriage just because fear of being unable to take responsibilities to cater for the whole family.

Some see strength in it especially eunuchs

Some are hooked up to fornication and they think they've seen it all so they feel no need for marriage
Re: What Is Your Reason For Marriage by Stallionhorse: 6:37pm On Jul 28, 2022
To help the female gender.

2 Likes

Re: What Is Your Reason For Marriage by VeryWickedMan: 6:58pm On Jul 28, 2022
People just like having problems

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Reason For Marriage by KalioPeter: 7:04pm On Jul 28, 2022
parkervero:
Companionship, friendship and helpmate, that's what I look for in marriage when I finally found a lady who will say yes.

I'm too lonely a man.

This is the national anthem for SIMPS.!

You can get all the listed without getting married, don't deceive yourself.

These are not even concrete reasons.

Anyways, your life, your decision

3 Likes

Re: What Is Your Reason For Marriage by KalioPeter: 7:05pm On Jul 28, 2022
Stallionhorse:

I believe so.

Because they gain more in marriage

2 Likes

Re: What Is Your Reason For Marriage by parkervero(m): 7:19pm On Jul 28, 2022
KalioPeter:

Okay, Redpiller!

Keep acting redpiller on nairaland while in the real world you're more than any simp ever liveth.

5 Likes

Re: What Is Your Reason For Marriage by tensazangetsu20(m): 7:48pm On Jul 28, 2022
The only beef I have with marriage is the massive poverty that marriage brings. I dey fear that thing like mad.

3 Likes

Re: What Is Your Reason For Marriage by MadarasBlade(m): 8:09pm On Jul 28, 2022
LordIsaac:
Marriage or no, if people are sick, money would be needed to treat them. My point is, marriage is beyond money (in saner societies).

Divorce rate says hi!
Re: What Is Your Reason For Marriage by Samfloxin(m): 8:30pm On Jul 28, 2022
Your existence as human being is the reason why one should marry

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Reason For Marriage by SeaTrade(m): 9:08pm On Jul 28, 2022
Most times,it's the girls they're dating that pressure them into it.
Guys most times don't wake up and plan marriage.

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Reason For Marriage by JoyousFurnitire(m): 9:12pm On Jul 28, 2022
Stallionhorse:
grin
Re: What Is Your Reason For Marriage by Nyascobar1414: 9:16pm On Jul 28, 2022
Stallionhorse:
dis guy funny d!e..laff wa kill me

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Reason For Marriage by JoyousFurnitire(m): 9:16pm On Jul 28, 2022
If two heads are not way better than one, I see no reason undecided
Re: What Is Your Reason For Marriage by Nyascobar1414: 9:25pm On Jul 28, 2022
As in ehh...
I will come to this life,hustle and make money.I will now take care of someone's daughter in the name of Marriage, when the said marriage benfit them..

I would have gone Into the Institution if it was the only route to have kids.. But since babymama and adoption dey,I cancelled marriage..

The stuff is that most simps(Real men) love suffering, to suffer for woman dey sweet them or abi dey gv dem orgasm...when I also discovered that Unconditional love doesn't exist,I cancelled the Idea of marriage..

Ps: I just wanna make money,Inorder to live a comfortable live,help the family,take non-simps(real guys) out of the trenches,travel round the world..and most Importantly live the life..

Life is too short,why should I shorten It by getting married to a liability..

Wh should a sane man commit to a female in the name of marriage..

They fvked many d!cks during their prime(18-30yrs),when it now a man's prime(35-50yrs),the man will now go for marriage to be caged and probably commit to a woman that ain't even a virgin.

Men like to dey suffer especially simps.

6 Likes

Re: What Is Your Reason For Marriage by PerfectStranger(m): 12:09am On Jul 29, 2022
tensazangetsu20:
The only beef I have with marriage is the massive poverty that marriage brings. I dey fear that thing like mad.

Re: What Is Your Reason For Marriage by Gerrard59(m): 11:40am On Jul 29, 2022
KalioPeter:

This is the national anthem for SIMPS

So, having those reasons make one a simp?

This is the problem when people are poorly educated. Those reasons are valid globally why men get married. It is pretty stoopid of you to shelve them aside and categorise men who marry because of them as simps.

2 Likes

Re: What Is Your Reason For Marriage by Gerrard59(m): 11:44am On Jul 29, 2022
Nyascobar1414:
As in ehh...
I will come to this life,hustle and make money.I will now take care of someone's daughter in the name of Marriage, when the said marriage benfit them..

I would have gone Into the Institution if it was the only route to have kids.. But since babymama and adoption dey,I cancelled marriage..

Wh should a sane man commit to a female in the name of marriage..

They fvked many d!cks during their prime(18-30yrs),when it now a man's prime(35-50yrs),the man will now go for marriage to be caged and probably commit to a woman that ain't even a virgin.

Men like to dey suffer especially simps.

That is even a more expensive route than marriage as the woman is not legally bound to any agreement, can follow as many men as possible, and your child(ren) would not grow in a two-parent household. Most Nigerian men who go the adoption route aren't single as there are more rules and checks for a single man to adopt than married men.

These things are easy to type online.

2 Likes

Re: What Is Your Reason For Marriage by Gerrard59(m): 11:47am On Jul 29, 2022
To your question,

There is no logical reason to get married as a man living in Nigeria. Best wishes to those who.

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Reason For Marriage by Nyascobar1414: 12:33pm On Jul 29, 2022
Gerrard59:

That is even a more expensive route than marriage as the woman is not legally bound to any agreement, can follow as many men as possible, and your child(ren) would not grow in a two-parent household. Most Nigerian men who go the adoption route aren't single as there are more rules and checks for a single man to adopt than married men.

These things are easy to type online.

After birthing the kids,3yrs later.. I take custody of the kids... Finish, If she wanna h0e around, It doesn't concerns me..

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Reason For Marriage by Nobody: 8:10pm On Aug 07, 2022
SeaTrade:
Most times,it's the girls they're dating that pressure them into it.
Guys most times don't wake up and plan marriage.
When will you grow up? All men are not like you
Re: What Is Your Reason For Marriage by posty56: 8:32pm On Aug 07, 2022
KalioPeter:

you know the meaning of redpiller
Re: What Is Your Reason For Marriage by Divoc19(f): 2:16am On Aug 08, 2022
Kids. But this is about to change because of the new era baby mama syndrome
Re: What Is Your Reason For Marriage by KalioPeter: 6:41am On Aug 08, 2022
Divoc19:
Kids. But this is about to change because of the new era baby mama syndrome

When you've got money, the scope changes.

You can get yourself a baby papa
Re: What Is Your Reason For Marriage by Dafungames: 6:45am On Aug 08, 2022
The only reason I will marry is because;

1. I want to extend my generation (atleast as the first son of my loving late father)

2. To have kids legitimately

3. And above all because I fear God.

If having a child with a female without sex (IVF method) is not a sin, especially one who is not your wife, trust me I won't go into marriage.

Reason is, God blessed me with the gift of controlling my sexual urge. I'm above 20 but I'm still a virgin and not planning to break it until marriage...

I'm not doing this for a woman but for God.

I like freedom and peace (And marriage lacks this)

Marriage is just something you get into and all enjoyment ends. Not like I will like to club, or do late night stuffs and all that. But I just hate a situation where my daily lifestyle would be have to be checked by a woman.

Lastly, being an introvert (a nice one who relates with people well) I am allergic to noise. I just like my air siren and peaceful and free from meaningless chants.

I don't like to offend someone and I don't like it when someone offends me too. As a matter of fact I feel very bad whenever I offend someone. That's why I have resolted to staying alone.

And being a virgin up to this age too, I don't also see the need to get married. Like let's be honest to ourself "not in every successful man will you see a woman."

Many men became rich without marrying. The Igbo tribe is one tribe that has proved this.

The society we live in today has made it, look like it must be your wife. While that woman most time is actually your mom/our moms.

I haven't even talked about loss of property and irreparable emotional damage after divorce that makes some men punder about why they even went into the marriage in the first place.

Honestly, I'm still on the fence. I might just wake up one day, change my mind & kiss marriage goodbye.

The disadvantage outweighs the advantage.

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Reason For Marriage by jericco1(m): 6:55am On Aug 08, 2022
KalioPeter:

You gave your reasons or did you even give, no one insulted you, why the hell are you insulting him for his candid reason?

Were your parents not also married?
This western mindset you all are trying to copy will be death of you
Re: What Is Your Reason For Marriage by emmanuelbrown26: 6:58am On Aug 08, 2022
No benefit at all, I hv searched and searched I couldn't get any benefit of marriage to a man. Bcs a man can still get child or children without getting married so why worry urself over marriage. I think poor people see marriage as a consolation why ladies see marriage as a retirement plan.
Re: What Is Your Reason For Marriage by jericco1(m): 7:00am On Aug 08, 2022
Dafungames:
The only reason I will marry is because;

1. I want to extend my generation (atleast as the first son of loving late father)

2. To have kids legitimately

3. And above all because I fear God.

If having a child with a female without sex (IVF method) is not a sin, especially one who is not your wife, trust me I won't go into marriage.

Reason is, God blessed me with the gift of controlling my sexual urge. I'm above 20 but I'm still a virgin and not planning to break it until marriage...

I'm not doing this for a woman but for God.

I like freedom and peace (And marriage lacks this)

Marriage is just something you get into and all enjoyment ends. Not like I will like to club, or do late night stuffs and all that. But I just hate a situation where my daily lifestyle would be have to be checked by a woman.

Lastly, being an introvert (a nice one who relates with people well) I am allergic to noise. I just like my air siren and peaceful and free from meaningless chants.

I don't like to offend someone and I don't like it when someone offends me too. As a matter of fact I feel very bad whenever I offend someone. That's why I have resolted to staying alone.

And being a virgin up to this age too, I don't also see the need to get married. Like let's be honest to ourself "not in every successful man will you see a woman."

Many men became rich without marrying. The Igbo tribe is one tribe that has proved this.

The society we live in today has made it, look like it must be your wife. While that woman most time is actually your mom/our moms.

I haven't even talked about loss of property and irreparable emotional damage that makes some men punder about why they even went into the marriage in the first place.

Honestly, I'm still on the fence. I might just wake up one day change my mind & kiss marriage goodbye.

The disadvantage outweighs the advantage.

You're a wise man son.
At least you have salient points as to why you should or shouldn't.
Cheers!
Re: What Is Your Reason For Marriage by Divoc19(f): 9:32am On Aug 08, 2022
Yeah. Baby Papa is a new phenomenon cheesy

KalioPeter:

When you've got money, the scope changes.

You can get yourself a baby papa
Re: What Is Your Reason For Marriage by Great0ne1: 10:26am On Aug 08, 2022
parkervero:

Okay, Redpiller!

Keep acting redpiller on nairaland while in the real world you're more than any simp ever liveth.
Most likely true

(1) (2) (Reply)

She Went On A Date With A Stranger And Now She's Missing (Photos) / What Are The Songs You Can't Get Enough Of? / I Don't Want To Ever Feel Emotionally Attached To Anyone Again

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.