Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,362 members, 7,815,777 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:07 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (1033) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1217680 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1030) (1031) (1032) (1033) (1034) (1035) (1036) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bamz555: 9:57pm On Apr 22, 2023
Peacefulpeace23:

Someone should please help with this

Thanks
U don’t have to pay a dime. Just go nd submit nd write down ur phone number nd email. They will communicate with u through email all through d process till ur passport is back at vfs Lagos
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by joefit4gur(m): 10:00pm On Apr 22, 2023
Olugbemi1:
Hello everyone,
please help me out, cos some ppl are saying that I don't need GCMS before I can reapply cos the reason was stated on my refused letter🥺 while some are saying I needs it, I don't know what to do again. And secondly do I need to pay all my school fees or half of it before submitting my Visa Application cos I only paid for the school deposit only. I will be waiting patiently for your response.

Thanks.

When the GCMS notes for my application arrived, one of the concerns of the VO reads:

"A minimum tuition payment was paid (proof on provided LOA) and receipt was provided in the original documentation. Since the school fees for the first academic year were not paid in full, and without a proper bank document to establish the current available funds. I am not satisfied that the applicant had sufficient funds to support themselves for the duration of their studies."

This is how detailed your notes will be. The current reason in the refusal letter is generic. The GCMS notes will allow you tackle what exactly was the main issue. If it's lump sums, the VO will tell you.

Re-applying without ordering GCMS notes is like guess-work.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Shrunkwriter: 10:29pm On Apr 22, 2023
Cadygosh:
Visa in 3 weeks, when people are getting their Visa in a week or 4 days like a moniker that got hers yesterday. 3 weeks is stale bro.
Bro ... I agree that a lot of people are getting theirs in lesser and lesser time frames ... but come on ... the dude took out time to share some vital info ... cut him some slack. At least ... give him some encouragement for this. My 2 cents.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Sagina04: 10:34pm On Apr 22, 2023
Hello everyone I’m coming to Fanshawe college for September intake 2023. Anyone coming in September? And please is there a watsapp group for fanshawe students? I’d love to be added. Kindly share the link.Thank you

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by alphabbey1(m): 10:38pm On Apr 22, 2023
Is there anyone else that submitted employment letter without payslip and got ppr?

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Sunkeke: 11:23pm On Apr 22, 2023
[quote author=lamlohlah post=122661218]

Hi , can we please connect , my cousin is also going for a Diploma course at NBCC
September 2023.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by LholarB(f): 12:10am On Apr 23, 2023
Plz house , help with this

LholarB:
Hello guys , plz a little advise would help here

I am in the process of submitting my application with my kids however my sis got her study permit already to resume next month

I would like to know if it’s ok to state this in my SOP or I should just leave it out since she hasn’t landed yet , although I have mentioned her as my Sibling on my application form

Plz I would appreciate your experienced response on this , thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Thefrenchboy: 12:42am On Apr 23, 2023
Hello everyone, i just got to Canada I’m in Sarnia, Ontario to be precise, is there anyone in this vicinity, let connect and also I’m looking for an apartment as well, your assistance will be appreciated, thank you 🙏

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by iwanvisityankee: 1:05am On Apr 23, 2023
Thefrenchboy:
Hello everyone, i just got to Canada I’m in Sarnia, Ontario to be precise, is there anyone in this vicinity, let connect and also I’m looking for an apartment as well, your assistance will be appreciated, thank you 🙏
Give us landing gist

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Pemzmill01: 2:27am On Apr 23, 2023
Good day mates, I am looking for a usa cosigner for my study who can help me get my loan approved in minute. Let talk about the terms. Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Peacefulpeace23: 2:52am On Apr 23, 2023
joefit4gur:

If you are paying any VFS fees, please pay via bank transfer to the below account:

Bank account name: CANADA LOGISTIC COLLECTION ACCOUNT

Bank name: Sterling Bank

Account number: 0065165839

Many thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by routed: 3:00am On Apr 23, 2023
Bamz555:

Bamz555, please Sir I need your advice on this.I have 14M naira in my Mum's account as my sponsor after the payment of C$5,000 for tuition deposit and transfer of 2M naira into my personal account from my Mum for upkeep. Is this fund least sufficient for her standing as my sponsor.
I'm a 17years old Undergraduate applicant already secured an admission to Biomedical science.
Thanks in anticipation of your response, Sir.
Regards.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Army2022: 7:04am On Apr 23, 2023
Me 🙋🏽‍♀️
alphabbey1:
Is there anyone else that submitted employment letter without payslip and got ppr?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by XtraordinaryGen: 7:10am On Apr 23, 2023
alphabbey1:

Yes
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Winnerpoks: 7:14am On Apr 23, 2023
joefit4gur:

According to thesoj in part 10.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I wouldn't say it is "compulsory" but I would say it is very highly recommended. If for some reason the company can't access it, then I hope they have lots of proof of their income & solvency (e.g. proof of contracts with different clients over a long period of time [like a year] proof of income from these contracts, etc).

Basically think like a VO. A VO needs credible proof that the company can afford to sponsor you, and s/he needs to know that 1) it is a legal company 2) it has a history of sufficient funds 3) it has credible sources of income. A tax clearance answers these three questions in one fell swoop!

I would highly recommend the tax clearance, if possible. But if not, then provide documents that address the points I raised in the previous paragraph.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just provide proof of existence of the business, show inflows from the business that tallies with inflow in your account. If you are self-employed, create an income statement, showing your opening stock, closing stock, starting balance, closing balance, purchases, inflow and calculate your gross profit. I'm fortunate to have a week-to-week ledger on Excel, so I was able to create an income statement from that and used it to apply.

I'm not my own sponsor anyways but I have a data website, I don't really have any proof of ownership, neither do I pay tax because it's a small scale business. what do you suggest I do in this scenario?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ing123: 7:39am On Apr 23, 2023
Anyone going to University of New Brunswick in September, pls let's connect.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by TLE900: 7:42am On Apr 23, 2023
@makano Good morning. Thanks for the wonderful assistance you render people. I need your help. It will be nice if I can get your private email so that we can communicate.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Vicostar555(m): 8:31am On Apr 23, 2023
Good morning everyone. Please my visa has been approved and my classes start September 2023. I want to start the form A process of paying my 2nd semester tuition because of the long wait time. I have already paid my first semester tuition complete. Please is it possible to start the form A process even though 2nd semester will not start until next year. If yes, how do I go about it. I am going to Niagara college Welland campus
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by abbey1986(m): 8:38am On Apr 23, 2023
Edmondvic:
Hello, I’m planning to start my study permit process for my self and visitor visa for my wife and baby. I have paid a tuition deposit of $10k and a closing balance of 11m which is equivalent to $30k.
Please, do you think this will be enough for proof of fund or am I eligible to start the application with my family?

Bro if you do ur calculation very well,$30k CAD is too small for ur living expenses with family.
Ur own living expense for a year is 10k
I would advice you to gather enuf cash for ur pof to the tune of 30m and that will help a lot.

Regards

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Shrunkwriter: 9:44am On Apr 23, 2023
Enddystar:
Where are those going to Toronto in September? Let's connect! Indicate, let's create a WhatsApp group. To those that are still waiting for their PPR, I wish you good news in Jesus name

I'm with u on this ... no group yet ... Toronto sept. 2023 .... I know a few who are already Toronto bound.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Republic001: 10:16am On Apr 23, 2023
Pls house is it possible to chnage course in the same school after offer has been made and deposit has been paid!.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bernice123456: 10:48am On Apr 23, 2023
Republic001:
Pls house is it possible to chnage course in the same school after offer has been made and deposit has been paid!.
It's only the school that can answer this question.
Send an email to the school, you should probably look for the international student email address or the admission unit email address, any will serve.
Just tell them your challenge, they are more responsive than you imagine (my experience though).
Good luck

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by anori: 11:57am On Apr 23, 2023
alphabbey1:
I didn't submit payslip. I had my employment letter and Approval of Study Leave letter. And a bank statement showing my salary paid for 2 months.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Tolifefun: 12:02pm On Apr 23, 2023
essentialone:
Good day all.

"Please, I really need guidance. I am presently in Canada on a Visitor Visa. I accompanyied my teenage child who is on a Student Visa. My Visa does not permit me to come outside of the house that much, and I also cannot work with it. Now that is my challenge. Someone suggested I should apply for asylum. Another person suggested that I should apply to convert my Visit Visa to a Work Visa. I have started the process but it is taking so long, with no end in sight. Another person suggested I should apply for Permanent Residency through an immigration lawyer. The immigration lawyer I contacted mentioned something about I need to be on Work Permit before applying for PR. But most recently, someone suggested that I should brave it up, and take all my documents to Canada Border, and explain myself, and request that I be given a permit to work in Canada. That it will work out. I don't really know how this plays out. Please, I need sincere responses on this. Time is key for me concerning this. Thanks a lot."
with this post,I doubt you are in Canada . Who says you can't work with Visitor Visa ? Nothing like your visa does not permit. Let us know exactly what you are seeking advise on
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Republic001: 12:20pm On Apr 23, 2023
Oh thank you..did that already
Bernice123456:

It's only the school that can answer this question.
Send an email to the school, you should probably look for the international student email address or the admission unit email address, any will serve.
Just tell them your challenge, they are more responsive than you imagine (my experience though).
Good luck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bamz555: 12:34pm On Apr 23, 2023
routed:

Bamz555, please Sir I need your advice on this.I have 14M naira in my Mum's account as my sponsor after the payment of C$5,000 for tuition deposit and transfer of 2M naira into my personal account from my Mum for upkeep. Is this fund least sufficient for her standing as my sponsor.
I'm a 17years old Undergraduate applicant already secured an admission to Biomedical science.
Thanks in anticipation of your response, Sir.
Regards.
The truth is it’s not enough. But we can work our way around it.
What does ur mom do?
Her SOA, what’s the total monthly inflow nd outflow.
We might have a solution to ur situation
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by joefit4gur(m): 12:40pm On Apr 23, 2023
Winnerpoks:

I'm not my own sponsor anyways but I have a data website, I don't really have any proof of ownership, neither do I pay tax because it's a small scale business. what do you suggest I do in this scenario?

I know this. I am in the same business as you. I have an app. How are you receiving payments? Paystack? Flutterwave? Monnify? Those are your partners, show evidence. Do you process bill payments too? Who are your partners? Show evidence. IF you have skype support groups created for resolution by your partners, share it as evidence.

Then do an INCOME STATEMENT. It'll be a plus.

Are you saying you are not receiving payments from your data website because I know payment processors will not onboard you if your business is not registered.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by damola311: 12:45pm On Apr 23, 2023
Hi guys, good day. I've just started following this thread and it's been a lot helpful. Considering starting this Canada journey but I've got some questions.

1. For a 2 years course, what's the estimated amount needed for tuition and living expenses in naira?

2. I'm kinda confused about Canada usage of year and term. Is 2 years the same as 2 terms?

Thank you

(1) (2) (3) ... (1030) (1031) (1032) (1033) (1034) (1035) (1036) ... (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.