Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,616 members, 7,813,024 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:41 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (1034) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1215143 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1031) (1032) (1033) (1034) (1035) (1036) (1037) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by joefit4gur(m): 12:49pm On Apr 23, 2023
damola311:
Hi guys, good day. I've just started following this thread and it's been a lot helpful. Considering starting this Canada journey but I've got some questions.

1. For a 2 years course, what's the estimated amount needed for tuition and living expenses in naira?

2. I'm kinda confused about Canada usage of year and term. Is 2 years the same as 2 terms?

Thank you

1. Depends on the college / uni of choice. Budget 15KCAD for living expenses
2. Same as in Nigeria. 2 years = 4 terms/semester.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ndubisi12: 12:52pm On Apr 23, 2023
Guys please i submitted my student visa application on April 6 since then they have not updated my biometric or request my medical and this is my second application.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Winnerpoks: 1:13pm On Apr 23, 2023
joefit4gur:

I know this. I am in the same business as you. I have an app. How are you receiving payments? Paystack? Flutterwave? Monnify? Those are your partners, show evidence. Do you process bill payments too? Who are your partners? Show evidence. IF you have skype support groups created for resolution by your partners, share it as evidence.

Then do an INCOME STATEMENT. It'll be a plus.

Are you saying you are not receiving payments from your data website because I know payment processors will not onboard you if your business is not registered.

Thanks for your response, how can I o an income statement?

Secondly, I get payment with monnify but my business isn't registered.

Thirdly can I send you a mail?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Draybaba0103(m): 1:18pm On Apr 23, 2023
Hello guys, a quick one, please... Can anyone suggest a college for me with a high acceptance rate and gives admission within a short-term frame?
I have an IT background and I'm looking for PGD/PGC in IT-related courses.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by essentialone(m): 1:22pm On Apr 23, 2023
Tolifefun:
with this post,I doubt you are in Canada . Who says you can't work with Visitor Visa ? Nothing like your visa does not permit. Let us know exactly what you are seeking advise on

I have tried several contacts for jobs, but all insist on no employment for visitors. If you have a link or guide, you can state it here.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bamz555: 1:32pm On Apr 23, 2023
Ndubisi12:
Guys please i submitted my student visa application on April 6 since then they have not updated my biometric or request my medical and this is my second application.
They won’t have to ask. It will be updated automatically
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ademma2022: 1:45pm On Apr 23, 2023
Good morning House, thank you all for all you do,
I am concerned about whether opening a new account from my sponsor would be considered a red flag.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ppconcept: 1:46pm On Apr 23, 2023
Hi,
Instead of my signature on the data page on my international passport i have "UNABLE TO SIGN"

I need to apply for my study visa and I'm afraid that this is a problem.

Please will this be a challenge?
Also, how can I rectify this?

Thank you

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ndubisi12: 2:32pm On Apr 23, 2023
Bamz555:

They won’t have to ask. It will be updated automatically
please what will be the delay
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by alphabbey1(m): 3:06pm On Apr 23, 2023
PutinDBomb:
People are getting approval right and center. You just waste your money on agents. You know how many approvals we have seen this month for people that did it themselves? Stop giving this agents money. Mikano and his fellow agents didn't do anything special.

He even gave you denial second time and you paid him again. This people just dey extort you and you're worshipping them

This is approval period. He did nothing you can't do yourself
Can you send a sample of SOP please?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by oluayebenz: 3:06pm On Apr 23, 2023
Tolifefun:
with this post,I doubt you are in Canada . Who says you can't work with Visitor Visa ? Nothing like your visa does not permit. Let us know exactly what you are seeking advise on

Stop misleading people.

You can never work on a visit visa.
No agency will even offer you a job.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Predator188: 3:06pm On Apr 23, 2023
Tolifefun:
The bolded sounds like underground employment! grin grin
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Tolifefun: 3:07pm On Apr 23, 2023
essentialone:

I have tried several contacts for jobs, but all insist on no employment for visitors. If you have a link or guide, you can state it here.
i repeat, nothing like that. Visitors are allowed to work with visitor visa till 2025. If you want to survive, you would not have to be selective. Are you saying there is no one to connect you on how to secure a job in Canada or what? I don't get
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by oluayebenz: 3:08pm On Apr 23, 2023
essentialone:

Yes
No agency will give you a job on visit visa.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Tolifefun: 3:09pm On Apr 23, 2023
Predator188:

The bolded sounds like underground employment! grin grin
not underground employment. Visitors are allowed to work with visitor visa till 2025.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Tolifefun: 3:18pm On Apr 23, 2023
oluayebenz:

Stop misleading people.

You can never work on a visit visa.
No agency will even offer you a job.
who is misleading... Are you in Canada or Nigeria?Instead of you to make use of google you are running someone down because of your lack of information. Nairaland is open for everyone to comment does not mean you can talk to people anyhow

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Tolifefun: 3:19pm On Apr 23, 2023
oluayebenz:

Yes
No agency will give you a job on visit visa.
see how you are misleading because of lack of information
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Predator188: 3:27pm On Apr 23, 2023
Tolifefun:
not underground employment. Visitors are allowed to work with visitor visa till 2025.
May be you should post link/url here.
There is no policy that allowes visitors without work permit to obtain SIN/Social insurance number in canada and no employer will employ without SIN and are not allowed to work without SIN even on work permit, the information i can see is visitors allowed to apply for work permit in canada extended for 2 years. That is till 2025.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by oluayebenz: 3:28pm On Apr 23, 2023
Tolifefun:
who is misleading... Are you in Canada or Nigeria?Instead of you to make use of google you are running someone down because of your lack of information. Nairaland is open for everyone to comment does not mean you can talk to people anyhow

Do you think you are more informed?

You said visitor is allowed to work in Canada with visit visa which is false.

As a person with visit visa, you need to apply for a work permit.
By getting a company that will issue you LMIA. And you think getting a company to do that na beans.....

I don't need to talk much anyways, you can help the OP nah, since you knows everything.
Oversabi

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Tolifefun: 3:30pm On Apr 23, 2023
Predator188:

There is no policy that allowes visitors without work permit to obtain SIN/Social insurance number in canada and no employer will employ without SIN and are not allowed to work without SIN even on work permit, the information i can see is visitors allowed to apply for work permit in canada extended for 2 years. That is till 2025.
how do you want to remain in Canada on a zero Status? How do you want to work without work Permit?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by oluayebenz: 3:31pm On Apr 23, 2023
Predator188:

That guy just read an article online without the understanding on how the conversion of visit visa to work permit works
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by oluayebenz: 3:32pm On Apr 23, 2023
Tolifefun:
see how you are misleading because of lack of information

Since you are more informed.

Help the OP by converting his visit visa to work permit nah
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by routed: 3:35pm On Apr 23, 2023
Bamz555:

The truth is it’s not enough. But we can work our way around it.
What does ur mom do?
Her SOA, what’s the total monthly inflow nd outflow.
We might have a solution to ur situation
Thanks for the response, Sir.
I have sent an email to you twice.
Please, I need to work this out with you, Sir.
Regards.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Tolifefun: 3:37pm On Apr 23, 2023
oluayebenz:

Do you think you are more informed?

You said visitor is allowed to work in Canada with visit visa which is false.

As a person with visit visa, you need to apply for a work permit.
By getting a company that will issue you LMIA. And you think getting a company to do that na beans.....

I don't need to talk much anyways, you can help the OP nah, since you knows everything.
Oversabi
You and wahala be like super glue . Is it possible to remain in Canada on zero Status? Did you read the guy's post carefully? I responded based on his statement. You said getting Company to issue LMIA is not beans, yet the grace and mercy of God is at work and people are getting it. Follow who knows the way

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Predator188: 3:37pm On Apr 23, 2023
Tolifefun:
how do you want to remain in Canada on a zero Status? How do you want to work without work Permit?
I should be asking you the above questions!
Your post is misinformed!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by alphabbey1(m): 3:40pm On Apr 23, 2023
Army2022:
Me 🙋🏽‍♀️
did your salary appear in the bank statement submitted
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Tolifefun: 3:46pm On Apr 23, 2023
Predator188:

I should be asking you the above questions!
Your post is misinformed!
you are proving i too know. What is misinformation? If someone in Nigeria is asking a question base on Visitor Visa , there are ways to respond not someone that said he is in Canada. Is he living in isolation in Canada? Why e no do his homework well before leaving for Canada. Shey na magic
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by oluayebenz: 3:56pm On Apr 23, 2023
Tolifefun:
You and wahala be like super glue . Is it possible to remain in Canada on zero Status? Did you read the guy's post carefully? I responded based on his statement. You said getting Company to issue LMIA is not beans, yet the grace and mercy of God is at work and people are getting it. Follow who knows the way

Hahaha 😂

I no like wahala o.

We just need to be careful with the Information we dish out to the public.

Converting visit visa to work permit is almost impossible but some few people are doing it thou.

If you intend to stay in Canada, apply for PR, student visa or work work

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Tolifefun: 3:58pm On Apr 23, 2023
oluayebenz:

Hahaha 😂

I no like wahala o.

We just need to be careful with the Information we dish out to the public.

Converting visit visa to work permit is almost impossible but some few people are doing it thou.

If you intend to stay in Canada, apply for PR, student visa or work work
well said

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by mxw3l: 4:10pm On Apr 23, 2023
ㅤ ㅤ

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (1031) (1032) (1033) (1034) (1035) (1036) (1037) ... (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.